720 announcement March - May

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 67 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
  • Reward points : 0
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 5:02 PM ( #21 )
moegooner88

Satanas

moegooner88

After the RROD fiasco, never picking any Microsoft related hardware year, month, week day one.

Then it would only be fair that you skip out on the PS4 as the PS3's YLOD fiasco was horribly bad as well. Nice use of extremely terrible thermal paste there

Anyway, I'm very interested in seeing MS's next console. I refuse to decide between the PS4 and 720 blindly - we'll have to see launch lineups, hardware prices, and games on the horizon first.

Yes YLOD was bad, but no where as bad as RROD, where I lived you wouldn't get a replacement on RRODed Xboxs, due to the absence of warranty, everyone knows that the 360 was the least reliable console this gen. Until Microsoft start treating " overseas " gamers better, I will never pick any of their consoles day one, Sony on the other hand offers all buyers here a one year warranty.

Repairing an old fat PS3 cost $150+shipping here, and you'd get a refurbished piece of sh!t that would definitely break on you again. And there were also the Blu-ray laser failures that happened.

Both the 360 and PS3 were poorly and cheaply made in their first incarnations. I wouldn't expect the PS4 to be this indestructible powerhouse, it will probably use the same terrible thermal paste as the PS3, since even the new PS3 slims use it (although they are far less likely to overheat and cause problems with it cracking).

I guess I don't have the "no warranty" problem in Canada, I've never heard of that, though these problems typically occurred post-warranty anyway (my PS3 died after 6 years). 
My major qualm with MS was how quickly they stopped supporting the Xbox. Like a day after the 360 was out, no more Xbox games were being made. They threw that console into the ocean as though it was a blemish. The PS2 remained glorified for a while
moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2046
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 5:12 PM ( #22 )
Satanas

moegooner88

Satanas

moegooner88

After the RROD fiasco, never picking any Microsoft related hardware year, month, week day one.

Then it would only be fair that you skip out on the PS4 as the PS3's YLOD fiasco was horribly bad as well. Nice use of extremely terrible thermal paste there

Anyway, I'm very interested in seeing MS's next console. I refuse to decide between the PS4 and 720 blindly - we'll have to see launch lineups, hardware prices, and games on the horizon first.

Yes YLOD was bad, but no where as bad as RROD, where I lived you wouldn't get a replacement on RRODed Xboxs, due to the absence of warranty, everyone knows that the 360 was the least reliable console this gen. Until Microsoft start treating " overseas " gamers better, I will never pick any of their consoles day one, Sony on the other hand offers all buyers here a one year warranty.

Repairing an old fat PS3 cost $150+shipping here, and you'd get a refurbished piece of sh!t that would definitely break on you again. And there were also the Blu-ray laser failures that happened.

Both the 360 and PS3 were poorly and cheaply made in their first incarnations. I wouldn't expect the PS4 to be this indestructible powerhouse, it will probably use the same terrible thermal paste as the PS3, since even the new PS3 slims use it (although they are far less likely to overheat and cause problems with it cracking).

I guess I don't have the "no warranty" problem in Canada, I've never heard of that, though these problems typically occurred post-warranty anyway (my PS3 died after 6 years). 
My major qualm with MS was how quickly they stopped supporting the Xbox. Like a day after the 360 was out, no more Xbox games were being made. They threw that console into the ocean as though it was a blemish. The PS2 remained glorified for a while

Might be just bad luck, but my cousin's PS3 had a broken bluray player out of the box,  since it was under warranty he replaced it with a new one, ever since then and I consider warranty a big deal, I agree with the support issue though, GOW 2, and FFXII, two of my fav PS2 games, were released following PS3 launch. Off topic question, is Ni No Kuni worth it, or should I wait for a price drop.
Solid_Snake

• Total Posts : 2620
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 5:22 PM ( #23 )
Satanas

moegooner88

Satanas

moegooner88

Though they haven't abandoned the console the same way, they have left it to the side.  Very little to look forward on the MS side. Can always get multi platform games - but besides Halo and some few exceptions, you can never trust MS when it comes to gaming
MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 5:22 PM ( #24 )
Xbox720K

redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 5:47 PM ( #25 )
coolbeans

Xbox

Is that how many 720s are going to fail?

coolbeans

Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 6:07 PM ( #26 )
redDevil87

coolbeans

Xbox

No, that's just how many more K's the 720 can display over Sony's wimpy next-gen display thanks to Illumiroom, Super Kinect, and Kinect 64!  

redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:34 PM ( #27 )
[code][/code]
coolbeans

redDevil87

coolbeans

Xbox

No, that's just how many more K's the 720 can display over Sony's wimpy next-gen display thanks to Illumiroom, Super Kinect, and Kinect 64!  

Dammit beans! All you had to say was yes.

Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:07 PM ( #28 )
Didn't see this thread and wrote in the old one.

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:50 PM ( #29 )
moegooner88

Might be just bad luck, but my cousin's PS3 had a broken bluray player out of the box,  since it was under warranty he replaced it with a new one, ever since then and I consider warranty a big deal, I agree with the support issue though, GOW 2, and FFXII, two of my fav PS2 games, were released following PS3 launch. Off topic question, is Ni No Kuni worth it, or should I wait for a price drop.

Ni no Kuni is the second best game I've played on the PS3, right under Valkyria Chronicles. I am not a fan of non-real time RPGs so the fact that it is in real-time really makes it a lot more fun. The story is great, and just like VC, it requires a lot of tactics to get through (until post-game, where once you grind hard enough you can basically become unbeatable, but a lot of RPGs are like that).

I'd say get it now.

Anyway, on topic, I'm curious to see how quickly MS kills off the 360. If they do it as abruptly and terribly as they did with the Xbox 1 (which I had, and seriously was irritated by), then I will likely not get a 720 even if it edges out the PS4 in hardware. But before we know anything, I have not made a decision over the two, I never do until I've seen both
coolbeans

Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:58 PM ( #30 )
redDevil87

Dammit beans! All you had to say was yes. 

The power of the 720K cannot allow me to slander anything about the 720K.

And now...

neither will you.

<message edited by coolbeans on Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:00 PM>
Chard

• Total Posts : 507
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:08 PM ( #31 )
 Why do people keep calling it the 720? It would be a completely arbitrary and retarded idea to just take the number featured in the current name and multiply it by 2. Not to mention the fact that '720' is the number associated with the lowest of HD resolutions. I guess it's just 100th monkey syndrome where enough people kept saying it for it to catch on.
<message edited by Chard on Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:11 PM>
Rane-StP

• Total Posts : 320
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:12 PM ( #32 )
Chard

Why do people keep calling it the 720? It would be a completely arbitrary and retarded idea to just take the number featured in the current name and multiply it by 2. I guess it's just 100th monkey syndrome where enough people kept saying it for it to catch on.
Must sound super futuristic to them I guess.  

Caught your edit just after post.

They should name it the 720P Box.  Haha!

<message edited by Rane-StP on Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:14 PM>
NeverEnding1989

• Total Posts : 666
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:36 PM ( #33 )

"Anonymous" sources from a no name website? Pass. I thought this was something legitimate. 

Satanas

That was the real problem I had this gen. My first Xbox 360 and my first PS3 each died at about the 2 year mark. 360 was covered under warranty and I was without it for 3 weeks, no charge. I refused to pay SONY $150 for a refurbished console so I shopped around for local repair and ended up paying $80 to fix it. I was without the PS3 for nearly 2 months. 

Hardware this gen was garbage and it bothers me when people pretend the PS3 was significantly more reliable. As you can see from above, I would have preferred if SONY admitted the issue and extended the warrant as M$ did.  

Welcome to next gen:

Kon

• Total Posts : 11113
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:38 PM ( #34 )
Chard

Why do people keep calling it the 720? It would be a completely arbitrary and retarded idea to just take the number featured in the current name and multiply it by 2. Not to mention the fact that '720' is the number associated with the lowest of HD resolutions. I guess it's just 100th monkey syndrome where enough people kept saying it for it to catch on.

It will be called the XtremeBOX as multiple sources have mentioned.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
Rane-StP

• Total Posts : 320
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:41 PM ( #35 )
Probably start your house on fire before you even have a chance to plug it in. It should come with a fire extinguisher. And labeled  XtremeFireBOX
<message edited by Rane-StP on Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:42 PM>
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:720 announcement March - May - Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:04 PM ( #36 )
Will pre-order the day after it is announced and be picking it up at midnight on day one.

If the PS4 and the 720 launch on the same day then the PS4 will have to wait a while.
-Superman-

• Total Posts : 527
Re:720 announcement March - May - Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:42 PM ( #37 )
Also, if you remember, Microsoft was talking about new Xbox stuff and told that they want to connect new Xbox to TV and have Kinect to main thing on there, with casual games. So, Nintendo came with Wii U, to upgrade Wii to HD, while Sony tries to push and have most powerful console in market, while Microsoft tries Cloud gaming with Kinect. It will be interesting.

I am Superman.  I love Superman Returns movie suit. Brandon Routh looks great in tights.
I really want to wear Superman Returns suit because its tight and hot for teens and awesom
Irishguy95

• Total Posts : 582
Re:720 announcement March - May - Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:47 PM ( #38 )
A year after release maybe, same as the PS3. It depends on the games released, I need either new ips or major advances on the old Ip's/
Kon

• Total Posts : 11113
Re:720 announcement March - May - Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:50 PM ( #39 )
Rane-StP

Probably start your house on fire before you even have a chance to plug it in. It should come with a fire extinguisher. And labeled  XtremeFireBOX

Such a fresh joke. My hat's off to you sir.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
-Superman-

• Total Posts : 527
Re:720 announcement March - May - Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:50 PM ( #40 )
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57551679-75/xbox-720-to-offer-kinect-2.0-and-blu-ray-drive-says-xbox-world/ Well, real info we know that Xbox 720 will have Blu-Ray and Kinect 2 "Microsoft has been as publicly mum about the next version of Kinect as it has about all details concerning the new Xbox. But a company document leaked in June touted a higher level of accuracy, stereo imaging, better voice recognition, and the ability to track four players at once." Other features will include directional audio, an input and output for watching and recording TV shows, and an "innovative controller," noted gaming news site ComputerAndVideoGames.com (CVG). Last February, Xbox World said that the redesigned controller would come with a built-in HD touch screen. Kinect alone cost lots, looks like they may make Kinect-Xbox720 and will be all about it.

I am Superman.  I love Superman Returns movie suit. Brandon Routh looks great in tights.
I really want to wear Superman Returns suit because its tight and hot for teens and awesom
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 67 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread