Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics?

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 2 of 11, messages 21 to 40 of 212 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:21 PM ( #21 )
Theo1130

So, did they say if the Killzone gameplay thing was real?  I got the eerie sense that it was CGI like KZ2 was.

Yeah, for some reason I thought that, but after watching the footage again I'm sure it's gameplay footage.  There was some slowdown here and there and this is a launch tittle so no reason for them to not have the game running.

What I found impressive was the AA. IQ looks clean as hell. 

<message edited by Whoooop on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:23 PM>

Convas

• Total Posts : 2484
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:21 PM ( #22 )
Not disappointed, was genuinely intrigued by Killzone: Shadow Fall, game looks class (if that's TRUE gameplay, AI hasn't really improved thouhg :/) and the other stuff was good. Went in with decent expectation, was entertained sufficiently. 

The thing that REALLY and truly and only really made me say WOW was the 8GBs of Unified GDDR5 Ram. That's pretty big for the PS4 and will spell good things for future games.

That said, I haven't written off MS. Next-Gen Fable, Alan Wake, Halo, Forza, and new IPs aren't something I'd sneeze at, right now, I'd say that things are pretty good, both companies will have interesting things coming.
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
The Captain

• Total Posts : 903
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:22 PM ( #23 )
Rage_S90

Theo1130

So, did they say if the Killzone gameplay thing was real?  I got the eerie sense that it was CGI like KZ2 was.

Yup, dude said it was real time. But who knows. 

Ya, it was..... guy on stage controlling it.... looks good....

NeverEnding1989

• Total Posts : 666
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:24 PM ( #24 )
Theo1130

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. The way I see it is its time for Guerrilla Games to put up or shut up. They got caught last time and I don't see them trying it again.

ITT: Graphics were solid. Aside from textures in open world games there is really nothing this gen that I have a problem with, visually. We saw in this gen that some of the games with the best graphics were some of the most incomplete. IMO graphics matter less than ever before.

Welcome to next gen:

MattyG

• Total Posts : 3354
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:24 PM ( #25 )
Theo1130

Colin Moriarty from IGN said that it was absolutely real-time (can't remember what he had to back it up, I think he said someone was on stage actually playing it or something).

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:27 PM ( #26 )
NeverEnding1989

Theo1130

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. The way I see it is its time for Guerrilla Games to put up or shut up. They got caught last time and I don't see them trying it again.

ITT: Graphics were solid. Aside from textures in open world games there is really nothing this gen that I have a problem with, visually. We saw in this gen that some of the games with the best graphics were some of the most incomplete. IMO graphics matter less than ever before.

Whether graphics matter less or not, they still matter. Better than graphics is raw hardware, which can and has hinder(ed) gameplay. We can see that this will be far less of a problem now with the PS4's unified RAM
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:35 PM ( #27 )

So much disappointment. 

Theo1130

• Total Posts : 1868
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:22 PM ( #28 )
Rage_S90

So much disappointment. 

That glass could be shinier...
SKUD

• Total Posts : 2753
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:25 PM ( #29 )
Theo1130

Rage_S90

So much disappointment. 

That glass could be shinier...

720P PS4 game confirmed. 
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:26 PM ( #30 )
MattyG

Theo1130

Colin Moriarty from IGN said that it was absolutely real-time (can't remember what he had to back it up, I think he said someone was on stage actually playing it or something).

Devs have faked playing their games before. Just saying.

Letros

• Total Posts : 1264
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:27 PM ( #31 )
The biggest welcome is the 8gb of RAM and an x64 processor, now it won't be a headache to develop a Playstation game.

I'm surprised Sony didn't show Planetside 2 running on the PS4

MattyG

Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:32 PM ( #32 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

MattyG

Theo1130

Devs have faked playing their games before. Just saying.

Fair enough. I'm 99% sure this wasn't one of those times, though. I don't think they'd do the "fake demo" or "target render" thing again, especially not with the same series. 
<message edited by MattyG on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:40 PM>

SKUD

• Total Posts : 2753
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:38 PM ( #33 )
Letros

The biggest welcome is the 8gb of RAM and an x64 processor, now it won't be a headache to develop a Playstation game.

I'm surprised Sony didn't show Planetside 2 running on the PS4

I'm curious if the PS4 would be able to handle such a game. I've played about 90 hours and its pretty damn amazing how many things are happening plus the massive amount of players all the same time. Not to mention flying around the whole map with no loading screens. 
DaThreats

• Total Posts : 1596
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:40 PM ( #34 )
TheRot

I have to say i liked the new killzone and of course i am excited for the new infamous game but i am pretty underwhelmed by "next gen graphics" it just doesn't look like a big step up from the ps3 and i expect the same thing with the x-box 720, Are you impressed by the PS4's graphics?

Well, if you look at games like Resistance, Project Dark Zero, etc. as launch titles for the PS3 and 360, they weren't impressive when we got to see graphics get better years down the line. It's good now and will look even better.

Letros

• Total Posts : 1264
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:45 PM ( #35 )
Also find it a bit amusing Nintendo switched to Power PC architecture to try to adopt easy Xbox 360 ports, while PS4 and Xbox 720(speculated) are switching to Intel architecture, it's about damn time

-Superman-

• Total Posts : 527
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:46 PM ( #36 )
TheRot

I have to say i liked the new killzone and of course i am excited for the new infamous game but i am pretty underwhelmed by "next gen graphics" it just doesn't look like a big step up from the ps3 and i expect the same thing with the x-box 720, Are you impressed by the PS4's graphics?

All you wanted is like Kinect 2

Well, PS3 launce games and final games are very different, again, power has to be used fully, while those games are at minium yet.

Look at some Killzone 4 INGAME PICS!

You cant want better grahpic than PC gaming has. Every graphics has limit, and it has come to limit. You cant have real life graphics

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr...69883_024580be3a_h.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr...69767_2b46f5a59a_h.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr...70440_d7124286de_h.jpg[/img]

I am Superman.  I love Superman Returns movie suit. Brandon Routh looks great in tights.
I really want to wear Superman Returns suit because its tight and hot for teens and awesom
cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3493
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:47 PM ( #37 )
Nope, graphics look more than good enough to me.  I'm just hoping the gameplay matches up.
MattyG

Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:48 PM ( #38 )
@Superman What are you trying to say? It's like some sort of... code. 

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:49 PM ( #39 )
-Superman-

TheRot

All you wanted is like Kinect 2

Well, PS3 launce games and final games are very different, again, power has to be used fully, while those games are at minium yet.
Look at some Killzone 4 INGAME PICS!
You cant want better grahpic than PC gaming has. Every graphics has limit, and it has come to limit. You cant have real life graphics

I have yet to see you say anything right yet.

Theo1130

• Total Posts : 1868
Re:Anybody Else Disappointed At The "Next Gen" Graphics? - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:51 PM ( #40 )
One thing I took away from the conference is that I never want to see another damn dragon in a video game ever again.

Though I doubt this will happen, but I'd love to see how guerilla handels the moods and psychological effects on the NPCs living so close to the enemy, and the constant worry of terrorist attacks throughout the game.  It's reminiscent of the never ending conflict between Israel and Palestine, and it would be kind of cool, then again I'm a nerd.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 2 of 11, messages 21 to 40 of 212 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread