Best game this generation so far...

Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 3 of 8, messages 41 to 60 of 151 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Tuesday, January 08, 2013 9:42 PM ( #41 )
Skv007

I'm actually very pro-silent protagonists. Hale never spoke in R1, I liked that (at least i don't remember him talking).
I like it when their actions build them, not their words. Like Dragon Quest 8. 
So I never felt Hale was 'shallow', because Hale was just a silent protagonist for me. he wasn't supposed to be anyone.. atleast to me. 

Silence wasn't the problem, I think Gordon Freeman is great. Hale was just a tool if you ask me. I felt that when I saw his face, when he delivered his one or two lacklustre lines, etc. I also don't care for his name much.
<message edited by Satanas on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 9:43 PM>
Pandamobile

• Total Posts : 1709
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:28 AM ( #42 )
Top:

Team Fortress 2 
Battlefield 3 
Portal 2 

Honourable mentions: 
Crysis
The Witcher 2
Super Meat Boy

Bottom:
Modern Warfare 2 - for basically destroying any love I had for Call of Duty multiplayer and sending the industry on a downward spiral

<message edited by Pandamobile on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:30 AM>
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:34 AM ( #43 )
Pandamobile

Bottom:
Modern Warfare 2 - for basically destroying any love I had for Call of Duty multiplayer and sending the industry on a downward spiral

4 set that in motion, not MW2.
Pandamobile

• Total Posts : 1709
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:44 AM ( #44 )
-MD-

Pandamobile

Bottom:

4 set that in motion, not MW2.

MW2 might have been the victim of COD4's success, in my opinion, but COD4 was still a gem. After COD4, was when Activision started to get cocky and started pulling all sorts of sh*t that I still despise them for ($60 PC games, P2P PC multiplayer, $15 for weak DLC, etc)
TooTall19

• Total Posts : 690
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:53 AM ( #45 )
Best: 1) Killzone 2 2) Valkyria Chronicles 3) Bioshock (I originally had Sleeping Dogs) Worst: COD: MW2
<message edited by TooTall19 on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:59 AM>
-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:59 AM ( #46 )
1 - Uncharted 2
2 - Killzone 3 / The Walking Dead
3 - Dead Space 1

Honorable Mentions: Alan Wake, SSX, Assassins Creed 1, Red Dead, BF3, Bad Company 2, LA Noire, Bioshock 1, GTA 4.
---------------------------------------

Disliked: -- RAGE.

Honorable Mentions: Gears of War 2, Twisted Metal, Modern Warfare 3, MOH:Warfighter, Skyrim, Turok, Borderlands.
<message edited by -Mezzo- on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:08 AM>

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
-MD-

Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:08 AM ( #47 )
-Mezzo-

Disliked Honorable Mentions: Twisted Metal

-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:10 AM ( #48 )
-MD-

-Mezzo-

Something definitely is, i am was a big fan of the series ( Played and enjoyed all of them), yet i was unable to enjoy it.
<message edited by -Mezzo- on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:18 AM>

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
-MD-

Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:30 AM ( #49 )
-Mezzo-

-MD-

-Mezzo-

Something definitely is, i am was a big fan of the series ( Played and enjoyed all of them), yet i was unable to enjoy it.

The campaign sucked I'll be the first to say but did you give the multiplayer a fair shake?

cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3493
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:46 AM ( #50 )
1st: Dragon Age: Origins
2nd: Mass Effect
3rd: Rift (MMO)

Dislike: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Side note:  kind of weird that people have a hard time finding games they disliked other than major AAA releases.  I've played a ton of ****ty games in comparison to the ones listed so far.  
Satanas

Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:57 AM ( #51 )
cgoodno

Side note:  kind of weird that people have a hard time finding games they disliked other than major AAA releases.  I've played a ton of ****ty games in comparison to the ones listed so far.  

That's rather easy to explain. Unless you're a game reviewer you likely won't play crappy games, as you'll know to avoid them. It is with major release that end up being disappointments where people feel bitter. For example, I know Anna sucks, but I'll probably never play it. Whereas Warhawk and MW2 genuinely left a bad taste in my mouth, as I was highly disappointed by both
flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:06 AM ( #52 )
Oh I didn't put my dislike...

Socom Confrontation and 4. 

Both ****ty ass dev teams made an abomination of the series which lead to Zipper going under cause of their POS game. They ****ed the most basic mechanics that they already had right from last gen and made it horrible. 
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15453
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:09 AM ( #53 )
flip-it3

Oh I didn't put my dislike...

Socom Confrontation and 4. 

Both ****ty ass dev teams made an abomination of the series which lead to Zipper going under cause of their POS game. They ****ed the most basic mechanics that they already had right from last gen and made it horrible. 

Pick one please...

So far so good... keep adding to the list please if you have not... posted your picks please do...
[ali
flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:11 AM ( #54 )
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Pick one please...

Confrontation since it was a buggy POS
cgoodno

Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:36 PM ( #55 )
Satanas

cgoodno

That's rather easy to explain. Unless you're a game reviewer you likely won't play crappy games, as you'll know to avoid them. It is with major release that end up being disappointments where people feel bitter. For example, I know Anna sucks, but I'll probably never play it. Whereas Warhawk and MW2 genuinely left a bad taste in my mouth, as I was highly disappointed by both

Kind of sad.  If I took the word of every reviewer, I wouldn't have enjoyed a ton of games out there.  Sure, there are bad games, but at least I experienced them myself to know about the games and what went wrong rather than just relying on the word of others who tend to push the latest and great in AAA titles.
Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2115
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:53 PM ( #56 )
I just picked a game I disliked as opposed to the actual 'worst' game I played as the first post said "disliked game". If it was the actual worst game I played it would have been Neverdead. But I was just vastly disappointed by Battlefield 3 personally.

WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:54 PM ( #57 )
Nate-Dog

I just picked a game I disliked as opposed to the actual 'worst' game I played as the first post said "disliked game". If it was the actual worst game I played it would have been Neverdead. But I was just vastly disappointed by Battlefield 3 personally.

This. I went w/ disliked, not worst game I've played.

cgoodno

Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:06 PM ( #58 )
Nate-Dog
The one I chose wasn't the worst one I've played, but I just disliked everything about it.  There are plenty of major titles I dislike, incuding the slew of CoD games, but there's gotta be that one game that you've played and not only do you dislike it in concept, you also disliked how it played, the design, the writing, and so on.

Anyway, in the end, my opinion is as worthless as the next person's.
Satanas

Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:13 PM ( #59 )
cgoodno

Satanas

cgoodno

Kind of sad.  If I took the word of every reviewer, I wouldn't have enjoyed a ton of games out there.  Sure, there are bad games, but at least I experienced them myself to know about the games and what went wrong rather than just relying on the word of others who tend to push the latest and great in AAA titles.

You make reviewers sound so negative. I wouldn't have known Valkyria Chronicles was worth checking out until I saw it pop up in some previews, and that's hardly a AAA title. Reviews help greatly. If a game averages under 6 and a half points, it's only worth your time if you're particularly invested in that title. 

A bad game I played was Alone in the Dark Inferno. But it was hilarious playing it and so I didn't "dislike" it. I disliked every moment I spent with Warhawk
<message edited by Satanas on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:16 PM>
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Best game this generation so far... - Wednesday, January 09, 2013 5:28 PM ( #60 )
redDevil87

NeverEnding1989

1) Halo 3
2) Oblivion
3) The Walking Dead

Dislike: Call of Duty (multiplayer)

You and Theo have the worst taste in games on N4G.

At least they're games.

Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 3 of 8, messages 41 to 60 of 151 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread