Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA.

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 17, messages 121 to 140 of 328 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
davagitarian

• Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:02 PM ( #121 )
Well it could be EA.

Remember Madden 07(i think) ran at 30FPS while the 360 ver. ran at 60FPS? Back then EA was very sluggish on their PS3 ports. Didnt really care. S_S info could apply to the old EA. Now they are doing better ports/more supportive so Its really hard to guess who. EA have had the big titles which they could of used to threaten Sony so that the Custom Soundtrack XMB support was dropped.
LordMarius

• Total Posts : 4269
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:03 PM ( #122 )
Polluted

GiaSecando

For some reason I wasn't expecting this thread to get de-railed like this :/

Comeon guys get back on topic, I bought all these pitchfork and torches for a reason.

Such is the norm around here.  We made it a full two pages before we got fighting about who's a newb and who isn't, then moved on to console wars so that was pretty good.  Soon somebody will declare themselves an atheist and we'll start scrapping over that.

**** the internet and **** everyone on it.

Stop it

lets get back on topic

As I was saying spread the news people

INehalemEXI

• Total Posts : 3933
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:03 PM ( #123 )
jack who

and this is why i gladly pay 50$ a year for xbl

and as for

Is it because Microsoft owns the patent on custom soundtracks in games?

This is something that makes me laugh every time I see one of the less educated ones spouting it off.

lol those were the day...dumbass sony fans

lol MS does hold a patent for Custom soundtracks though... http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6878067.html

anyways posted on psls http://playstationlifestyle.net/forums/showthread.php?p=45227#post45227

<message edited by IDemonstalkerXI on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:07 PM>
swiftshot93

• Total Posts : 1025
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:04 PM ( #124 )
Stop the damn flame wars, jesus christ!

@ Polluted
you got a problem with Athiests?!

LordMarius

Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:05 PM ( #125 )
swiftshot93

Stop the damn flame wars, jesus christ!

@ Polluted
you got a problem with Athiests?!

No, that was me but seriously lets not de-railed this or get it locked

• Total Posts : 9
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:07 PM ( #126 )
Super_Secret, I got one major question for you.  You say that Sony didn’t implement the custom soundtrack feature directly into the OS like the 360 because a major gaming company assumed that it would make their games look inferior that don’t support in-game XMB. Then, wouldn’t the actual “in-game XMB” make their games look inferior? Because, you can basically do anything while playing a game. And not only that, wouldn’t “Text Chat” make their games look inferior? Then how come this “Big gaming company” did not threaten Sony because of these features which clearly make their games look even MORE inferior than they would have been with custom soundtrack? I strongly believe that what you stated is incorrect because, it doesn’t really make any sense at all! An analogy of what you stated is like if a person offers you a $100 bill and a $50 bill, and tells you that you can only take one of the two, what would you take? The $100 bill? Or the $50 bill? In this scenario, the “$100” bill is the “in-game XMB”, and the “$50” bill represents the custom soundtrack feature. The “in-game XMB” make their games look even MORE inferior than custom soundtrack would, then how come they allowed that?
Super_Secret

• Total Posts : 22
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:08 PM ( #127 )
Some of you people could really do with learning to read. I specifically said it was NOT Activision. I thought I gave enough hints as to who it was without directly stating it, but I guess not, so lets try this again, except we'll make it interesting. Here lies the answers, lets see who is clever enough to figure it out?

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

As for those curious as to why I would call the whistle on this, tell me good sir, what would you do? You have a vested interest in the company you work for and you see this other company constantly getting in the way. Oh sure, on the outside everyone's all buddy-buddy, but that's just good business. And that's what it boils down to - business. Why fix something that doesn't need to be fixed when you can just **** over everyone else and get away with it? You know Sony isn't going to make a huge fuss, they can't afford to alienate publishers and developers (especially HUGE ones), not when Microsoft and Nintendo are happy to welcome them with open arms. Still, all our hard work and it just gets pissed down the drain because one company can't be bothered doing some support? I ask you again - what would you do?

Oh and I appreciate all of you guys trying to spread this around, I hope that they'll back track and enable that feature for as many titles as they can eventually, but don't be surprised if Sony themselves denies this, after all their priority is to maintain good ties with publishers and developers.
davagitarian

• Total Posts : 17
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:08 PM ( #128 )
Can someone post this on GAF? Like have its own thread there? We need more ppls to know the truth. Why should all PS gamers have features taken away due to some money sucking company/publisher? WTF this aint right.
SuperStrokey1123

• Total Posts : 10
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:09 PM ( #129 )

Super_Secret, I got one major question for you.  You say that Sony didn’t implement the custom soundtrack feature directly into the OS like the 360 because a major gaming company assumed that it would make their games look inferior that don’t support in-game XMB. Then, wouldn’t the actual “in-game XMB” make their games look inferior? Because, you can basically do anything while playing a game. And not only that, wouldn’t “Text Chat” make their games look inferior? Then how come this “Big gaming company” did not threaten Sony because of these features which clearly make their games look even MORE inferior than they would have been with custom soundtrack? I strongly believe that what you stated is incorrect because, it doesn’t really make any sense at all! An analogy of what you stated is like if a person offers you a $100 bill and a $50 bill, and tells you that you can only take one of the two, what would you take? The $100 bill? Or the $50 bill? In this scenario, the “$100” bill is the “in-game XMB”, and the “$50” bill represents the custom soundtrack feature. The “in-game XMB” make their games look even MORE inferior than custom soundtrack would, then how come they allowed that?

That may be the very reason why they are pissed, they were made look foolish once and dont want it again.

darkpower

• Total Posts : 949
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:09 PM ( #130 )
I got a suggestion for the company that may be at fault.

Poor history with the PS3...would be a douchebag about sh!t like this...not supportive of any of the stuff that they have added to the system.

Sounds like one certain company to me when you think about it.

Hint: The company is led by THIS man:

GiaSecando

• Total Posts : 11
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:09 PM ( #131 )

My head hurts, can you type that again, but in english?

LordMarius

Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:10 PM ( #132 )

Some of you people could really do with learning to read. I specifically said it was NOT Activision. I thought I gave enough hints as to who it was without directly stating it, but I guess not, so lets try this again, except we'll make it interesting. Here lies the answers, lets see who is clever enough to figure it out? 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 As for those curious as to why I would call the whistle on this, tell me good sir, what would you do? You have a vested interest in the company you work for and you see this other company constantly getting in the way. Oh sure, on the outside everyone's all buddy-buddy, but that's just good business. And that's what it boils down to - business. Why fix something that doesn't need to be fixed when you can just **** over everyone else and get away with it? You know Sony isn't going to make a huge fuss, they can't afford to alienate publishers and developers (especially HUGE ones), not when Microsoft and Nintendo are happy to welcome them with open arms. Still, all our hard work and it just gets pissed down the drain because one company can't be bothered doing some support? I ask you again - what would you do? Oh and I appreciate all of you guys trying to spread this around, I hope that they'll back track and enable that feature for as many titles as

ShAkKa

• Total Posts : 5909
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:13 PM ( #133 )
This thread has become The Speculation Soap Opera

Today:
"The hunt for the evil company"

LordMarius

Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:13 PM ( #134 )

Some of you people could really do with learning to read. I specifically said it was NOT Activision. I thought I gave enough hints as to who it was without directly stating it, but I guess not, so lets try this again, except we'll make it interesting. Here lies the answers, lets see who is clever enough to figure it out? SXQncyBub3QgQWN0aXZpc2lvbi4NCkl0J3Mgbm90IFViaXNvZnQuDQpJdCdzIG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 As for those curious as to why I would call the whistle on this, tell me good sir, what would you do? You have a vested interest in the company you work for and you see this other company constantly getting in the way. Oh sure, on the outside everyone's all buddy-buddy, but that's just good business. And that's what it boils down to - business. Why fix something that doesn't need to be fixed when you can just **** over everyone else and get away with it? You know Sony isn't going to make a huge fuss, they can't afford to alienate publishers and developers (especially HUGE ones), not when Microsoft and Nintendo are happy to welcome them with open arms. Still, all our hard work and it just gets pissed down the drain because one company can't be bothered doing some support? I ask you again - what would you do? Oh and I appreciate all of you guys trying to spread this around, I hope that they'll back track and enable that feature for as many titles as

start deciphering

GiaSecando

• Total Posts : 11
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:13 PM ( #135 )
darkpower

I got a suggestion for the company that may be at fault.

Poor history with the PS3...would be a douchebag about sh!t like this...not supportive of any of the stuff that they have added to the system.

Sounds like one certain company to me when you think about it.

Hint: The company is led by THIS man:

They only made one game, and orange box supports in-game xmb.

Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:13 PM ( #136 )
Super_Secret, i would actually not allow "in-game XMB" if i own this "Big Gaming company". and i read your secret message.
SuperStrokey1123

• Total Posts : 10
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:17 PM ( #137 )

Super_Secret, i would actually not allow "in-game XMB" if i own this "Big Gaming company". and i read your secret message.

Care to share what i said?
Sillyace92

• Total Posts : 2279
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:17 PM ( #138 )
socomnick

swiftshot93

TheMART at Xboxkings

Guys guys

All now searching for the evil big company aka developer that prevents Sony from implementing custom music, cross game chat and invites...

Sony suddenly isn't the one anymore that gets attacked. I think the viral to take the internet gamers community off their back gets perfectly together with the launch of their PS3 Slim, don't you think so?

Some positive 'Sony is the good party' aura which is tried to create as a buzz carried by the hardcore gamers?

Sounds like a great strategy to me.

Dont you ever get tired? 

Seriously, its annoying.

What he said makes sense.

I have to agree too.

Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:18 PM ( #139 )
SuperStrokey1123

That may be the very reason why they are pissed, they were made look foolish once and dont want it again.

But then why did they allow "Text Chat"?
<message edited by 324110493 on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:20 PM>
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:Cross game chat and why it's currently MIA. - Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:18 PM ( #140 )
@ Super Secret

So first you don't want to tell which company it is and now you want to make a game for people to find it out?

"Some of you people could really do with learning to read. I specifically said it was NOT Activision. I thought I gave enough hints as to who it was without directly stating it, but I guess not, so lets try this again, except we'll make it interesting. Here lies the answers, lets see who is clever enough to figure it out?"

Really.

"As for those curious as to why I would call the whistle on this, tell me good sir, what would you do? You have a vested interest in the company you work for and you see this other company constantly getting in the way. "

So that wasn't the reason you got out with your posts earlier this year, that got another reason. Strange. So you're becoming some sort of unconfirmed Major Nelson from Sony... Right?

"Oh and I appreciate all of you guys trying to spread this around, "

There you go. My viral theory on this all isn't so crazy. Its even promoted to spread around.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 17, messages 121 to 140 of 328 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 3 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread