Flip's Official MMA Thread (UFC 167)

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 2 of 73, messages 21 to 40 of 1459 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:50 PM ( #21 )

mayhem makes a pretty good coach

Yea I think he has a better mentality for being a coach, he picked guys he could train better not the best guys. Bisping is a douche, do it his way or your fail. 

Breakfast

Dope pics! Saw the presser online yesterday, it looked pretty nuts. Hopefully they bring some title fights to Vancouver soon, im gettn a bit jealous here.
UFC 137 is gonna be epic! I have GSP and ? winning. Its too bad Sam Stout pulled out of the fight.
Legend:
? = impossible to pick a winner in the Penn vs Diaz fight. It aint ending with a Penn sub though lol.

Here is why I think it's gonna be a sub, I think striking is fairly even but Diaz has a brick for a chin so I don't see a KO. So BJ is gonna rough him up then enough to take him down and sub him in the later rounds if not that then decision. 

I don't put Diaz in as high regard as everyone else does cause of the people he has beat, sure he is a fun fighter to watch but I think someone technical like BJ will shut him down. 

And that's right you better be JELLY! lol only good fights in Toronto, we'll send you the scraps. 

Breakfast

• Total Posts : 3969
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:13 PM ( #22 )
Diaz is a beast on the ground though. Im expecting rock'em sock'em robots tbh. Both basically have the same strengths....great fight though, much better than the GSP vs Diaz fight.

Damn straight im jealous...non of this Yvel vs Rothwell, Herman vs Einamo bs on the main card please!
flip-it3

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Friday, October 14, 2011 1:38 PM ( #23 )
Breakfast

Damn straight im jealous...non of this Yvel vs Rothwell, Herman vs Einamo bs on the main card please!

lol looks like you'll have to wait a couple more years...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/14/report-vancouver-likely-not-on-ufcs-calendar-in-2012/
flip-it3

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:56 PM ( #24 )
Just saw someone's pic who went to the same signing as me... i lold

acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3092
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Sunday, October 16, 2011 3:33 PM ( #25 )
flip-it3

Just saw someone's pic who went to the same signing as me... i lold

Classic
TheRot

• Total Posts : 3443
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:08 PM ( #26 )
flip-it3

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:05 PM ( #27 )
GSP is out of the fight due to injury but the card is still stack regardless... 
TheRot

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:09 PM ( #28 )
aw f@#k i hope this is a dream
flip-it3

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:19 PM ( #29 )
Jim Rome's full interview with Chael Sonnen, lol it's a classic. (audio only)

Odion

• Total Posts : 18180
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:45 PM ( #30 )
flip-it3

GSP is out of the fight due to injury but the card is still stack regardless... 

Eh it just went from a really sick card to being just a good card

Megaton

• Total Posts : 3812
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:30 PM ( #31 )
Well I think GSP would have just bored Condit into submission anyway. Penn/Diaz looked like the more exciting fight, and it's too bad they're not going 5 rounds. Still, it's a blow to the card overall. Hmm, I didn't know Jorgensen was on the card. Pretty cool.
Megaton

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:02 PM ( #32 )
Diaz didn't show up for a pre-fight conference call with the media. Dude is really blowing it. How hard is it to just say "yes/no/I'm gonna win/I'm in great shape" for an hour? To throw away a title shot over some minor PR, and then continue to do it after being demoted to a non-title fight on the same card. Mind-boggling. It's like he's scared of success, trying to sabotage himself.
<message edited by Megaton on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:08 PM>
flip-it3

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:05 PM ( #33 )
Megaton

Diaz didn't show up for a pre-fight conference call with the media. 

He came late: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/19/better-late-than-never-nick-diaz-makes-ufc-137-call-a-memorable/

Diaz, on the other hand, sounded wholly disinterested one minute and then passionately engaged another. For instance, after initially "plead[ing] the fifth" to a question about whether he had any regrets about his earlier actions, just a few minutes later he offered a different answer to an almost identical question.

"Well yeah, of course I have regret," he said, explaining that he had a lawyer who he believed was making in excess of $100,000 who was somehow to blame for him missing the initial press conferences.

"I've got all these people, business people and big money people around me trying to make deals," Diaz said. "I don't know anything about that. All I know is somebody's getting paid like over a hundred grand just to tell me what I'm supposed to do and what I'm not supposed to do. I'm like, for that much money I think I could have had somebody standing around and telling me, 'Hey, you can't miss this press conference. That voids the whole contract and then you're out. You're not making [expletive]. You're not fighting [expletive]. You ain't making no money. So you have to be at this thing.' It's simple."

Diaz seemed to suggest that the lack of a support system had cost him that time, saying "If I didn't feel like I had that, I would have probably read that [expletive] myself and dealt with things myself and been a little more cautious and then I probably would have showed up at that press conference."

As for this conference call, well, at least he made it eventually. While Penn said it wasn't a significant chunk out of his day since "I was just going to take a 30-minute jog today anyway," Diaz obviously had a different take.

"You've got to know I'm not sitting here with my phone, waiting for a call," he said. "I'm waiting for some training. I'm trying to get some relax time before I have to go back for another four hours of training. I'm training hard. I train harder than these guys, I fight harder than these guys, I look better than these guys, and that's why. I don't get no help and I don't worry about no help. That's what takes up all my time, training and trying to become the best in the world here. And that's the best in the world! That's what you're dealing with here. This is a whole world out there and ain't nobody can beat me? That's pretty bad."

Maybe it just goes to show that whether Diaz shows up to talk to the media or avoids it altogether, there's a story in it either way.

Megaton

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:09 PM ( #34 )
Ah ok. I caught it earlier when the conference first started. Didn't see a follow-up that he just arrived late.
TheRot

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:13 AM ( #35 )
another good fight too bad the moron referee didn't stop the fight when the other guy tapped.
Megaton

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:16 AM ( #36 )
That guy clearly tapped. Shame on Herb for not stopping it.
TheRot

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:44 PM ( #37 )
yeah man i was so pissed
flip-it3

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:55 PM ( #38 )
WOW just watched it and that was BS. These guys act like retards... sure it's fighting but it's PROFESSIONAL fighting like any other job you have to conduct yourself properly... and not try to fight before the actual fight like punks. 

I can't stand bisping... he's such a ****ing prick. 
Megaton

Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:28 PM ( #39 )
Whenever I start getting annoyed by Bisping's attitude, I remember that this happened...

acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3092
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:09 PM ( #40 )
flip-it3

WOW just watched it and that was BS. These guys act like retards... sure it's fighting but it's PROFESSIONAL fighting like any other job you have to conduct yourself properly... and not try to fight before the actual fight like punks. 

I can't stand bisping... he's such a ****ing prick. 

what happen didnt watch TUF?
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 2 of 73, messages 21 to 40 of 1459 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 7 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread