Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!!

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 63 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
GiantEnemyCrab

• Total Posts : 134
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:42 PM ( #41 )
haha great little STORY you got there..

But hey, I say give Sony Fanboys one day because everyday is a celebration in Wii land!   The king is dead!  Long live the King!

Wii will R O C K  Y O U

Cajun Chicken

• Total Posts : 184
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:52 PM ( #42 )
Wow. You've only just made me realise how long I've been a regular commenter on the main site.

T_Tokyo2010

• Total Posts : 12
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:46 AM ( #43 )
Lmao such a history it was, the way Macalatus describes it, it's like watching a movie I was actually in, lmao.
meepmoopmeep

• Total Posts : 8951
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Saturday, February 20, 2010 4:00 AM ( #44 )
T_Tokyo2010

Lmao such a history it was, the way Macalatus describes it, it's like watching a movie I was actually in, lmao.

i was there. i'm just here

"so make the best of this test and don't ask why.
it's not a question but a lesson learned in time."
Maddens Raiders

• Total Posts : 5022
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Saturday, February 20, 2010 10:58 PM ( #45 )
T_Tokyo2010

hey T_Tokyo...you old timer...really must be a holiday to see you commenting in here -- How the hell are ya?  ::sigh:: I'm working my ass off again and not playing my PS3 as often as I'm accustomed, but hey retiring early is still a worthwhile pursuit, right?  8D

Anyway nothing but another stellar submission from N4G's most sociable member showing off his mnemonic writing  skills.

"
We, the small, minority band of Sony gamers, knew that we cannot keep leaving one site for another as it means dealing with a new group of 360 fanatics.  As a result, we decided to stand up and fight for our rights as Sony gamers."

http://bit.ly/3coW8K     ....im sorry...all of this N4G nostalgia chokes me up a bit....so many casualties on both sides of the HD war...

...but one thing is for sure...i always knew it would end like this (yes, it's a metaphor)

& i will always represent the fans and never let you down....you can trust me.  Happy Feb 19th everyone.

....and another thing........you kept reading! 

Zhuk

• Total Posts : 1764
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Sunday, February 21, 2010 8:12 AM ( #46 )
It's a common misconception by the fandroids that Xbox 360 enthusiasts were heavily invested in the HD-DVD format as much as the fandroids were in Blu-Ray, but none of us actually were very concerned or interested about the HD media war as it was merely an add-on for the Xbox 360 and not important to the console, unlike the fandroids who were heavily invested in it as a repudiation of Blu-Ray would certainly have meant the death of the console itself. Actually I remember a number of us for months petitioning the admins of this site to remove the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD articles from this site as we didn't believe it was relevant to gaming, something I still believe today.
I remember all the fandroids excited for literally months about Blu-Ray winning the format war, and I never particularly understood why. I guess it has been so demoralizing supporting the disastrous PS3 that any good news whatsoever was trumped up as a huge celebration. I remember the fandroids solemnly believing it would turn the PS3 around, but we all know what happened there with the disastrous PS3 still in 3rd place and on life support thanks to ports of Xbox 360 titles. 

That's not to say HD-DVD shouldn't have won, because it definitely should have considering that it was far cheaper to manufacture and currently available plants only needed minor retooling rather than with Blu-Ray which required entirely new production lines and anyone who has any brains in business knows which is the better choice to make, but Sony muscled the marketplace with its cartel and by using its PlayStation as a means in which to get the penetration it needed to break HD-DVD in half. All is fair in corporate warfare and Sony had the weapon which could decisively win the day. 

Maddens Raiders

Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Sunday, February 21, 2010 11:11 AM ( #47 )

...but none of us actually were very concerned or interested about the HD media war as it was merely an add-on for the Xbox 360 and not important to the console, unlike the fandroids who were heavily invested in it as a repudiation of Blu-Ray would certainly have meant the death of the console itself. Actually I remember a number of us for months petitioning the admins of this site to remove the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD articles from this site as we didn't believe it was relevant to gaming, something I still believe today. I remember all the fandroids excited for literally months about Blu-Ray winning the format war, and I never particularly understood why. I guess it has been so demoralizing supporting the disastrous PS3 that any good news whatsoever was trumped up as a huge celebration. I remember the fandroids solemnly believing it would turn the PS3 around, but we all know what happened there with the disastrous PS3 still in 3rd place and on life support thanks to ports of Xbox 360 titles.

That's not to say HD-DVD shouldn't have won, because it definitely should have considering that it was far cheaper to manufacture and currently available plants only needed minor retooling rather than with Blu-Ray which required entirely new production lines and anyone who has any brains in business knows which is the better choice to make, but Sony muscled the marketplace with its cartel and by using its PlayStation as a means in which to get the penetration it needed to break HD-DVD in half. All is fair in corporate warfare and Sony had the weapon which could decisively win the day.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

"There was a critical element of our comments missing from the story — Microsoft currently has no plans at this time to consider Blu-ray as an option. We continue to believe that HD DVD ------->> is the best optical solution for consumers, since it's the only format today that delivers  ------>> quality experiences at affordable prices."

http://kotaku.com/342908/microsft-were-still-committed-to-hd+dvd

......lol..looks like you should've been running M$'s 360 division back then -- would've made the company look a teeny weeny bit smarter.....but not really.

Pain

• Total Posts : 3692
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Sunday, February 21, 2010 11:31 AM ( #48 )
Maddens Raiders

...but none of us actually were very concerned or interested about the HD media war as it was merely an add-on for the Xbox 360 and not important to the console, unlike the fandroids who were heavily invested in it as a repudiation of Blu-Ray would certainly have meant the death of the console itself. Actually I remember a number of us for months petitioning the admins of this site to remove the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD articles from this site as we didn't believe it was relevant to gaming, something I still believe today. I remember all the fandroids excited for literally months about Blu-Ray winning the format war, and I never particularly understood why. I guess it has been so demoralizing supporting the disastrous PS3 that any good news whatsoever was trumped up as a huge celebration. I remember the fandroids solemnly believing it would turn the PS3 around, but we all know what happened there with the disastrous PS3 still in 3rd place and on life support thanks to ports of Xbox 360 titles.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

"There was a critical element of our comments missing from the story — Microsoft currently has no plans at this time to consider Blu-ray as an option. We continue to believe that HD DVD ------->> is the best optical solution for consumers, since it's the only format today that delivers  ------>> quality experiences at affordable prices."

http://kotaku.com/342908/microsft-were-still-committed-to-hd+dvd

......lol..looks like you should've been running M$'s 360 division back then -- would've made the company look a teeny weeny bit smarter.....but not really.

Orders Sir!

Maddens Raiders

Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:02 PM ( #49 )
...damn Pain you went and got all gangsta with it lol.  You could've just kept it family friendly and gone with the simple but obvious statement:  this goes for the PS3 and the HD-DVD add on 

<message edited by Maddens Raiders on Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:08 PM>

Zhuk

• Total Posts : 1764
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:26 PM ( #50 )

Ahh poor, delusional fandroids, if history has shown anything the Xbox 360 was absolutely correct in using a DVD drive over the PS3's choice of Blu-Ray. One of the reasons why the 360 is a successful, money making console and the driving force of the industry while the PS3 is well, you know, an absolute dud. 

Glad that Blu-Ray is working so well for Sony, what is it PS3s 4th year on the market and they are still losing money , enjoy it all you want fandroids but the price of Blu-Ray's victory was the disaster of the past few years, a loss making,  3rd rate and 3rd place console is not the prize you want especially for a format that really didnt end up taking off anyway  in 2 years the Blu-Ray section is only 2 shelves now instead of one, maybe in another 2 years they'll have 3 shelves but by then we all know that digital downloads is going to make it irrelevant. In the end it looks like all the problems that Blu-Ray caused for Sony and the PS3 will be for nothing  
TheColbertinator

• Total Posts : 7301
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:40 PM ( #51 )
Zhuk

Ahh poor, delusional fandroids, if history has shown anything the Xbox 360 was absolutely correct in using a DVD drive over the PS3's choice of Blu-Ray. One of the reasons why the 360 is a successful, money making console and the driving force of the industry while the PS3 is well, you know, an absolute dud. 

Glad that Blu-Ray is working so well for Sony, what is it PS3s 4th year on the market and they are still losing money , enjoy it all you want fandroids but the price of Blu-Ray's victory was the disaster of the past few years, a loss making,  3rd rate and 3rd place console is not the prize you want especially for a format that really didnt end up taking off anyway  in 2 years the Blu-Ray section is only 2 shelves now instead of one, maybe in another 2 years they'll have 3 shelves but by then we all know that digital downloads is going to make it irrelevant. In the end it looks like all the problems that Blu-Ray caused for Sony and the PS3 will be for nothing  

I think this is the first time in 2 years I have seen Zhuk respond to any Sony fanboy rant.

Maddens Raiders

Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Sunday, February 21, 2010 2:47 PM ( #52 )

I think this is the first time in 2 years I have seen Zhuk respond to any Sony fanboy rant.

...and even after the [timely] hiatus is still able to offer up a few good laughs no less.... color me impressed.

sakura2009

• Total Posts : 575
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Monday, February 22, 2010 9:36 AM ( #53 )
ps3 ftw

Elvis

• Total Posts : 1031
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Monday, March 12, 2012 2:40 PM ( #54 )
Wow, this thread is an inspiration to me.

Wish I was here in 2007. Thanks to all the veterans who fought for our freedom.
Spitfire_Riggz

• Total Posts : 481
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Monday, March 12, 2012 3:23 PM ( #55 )
DerekBigBalls

Too bad nobody came and celebrated in 2011 or 2012.. or did they?

Anyway we need a theme song to play
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Monday, March 12, 2012 3:59 PM ( #56 )
DerekBigBalls

macalatus

• Total Posts : 5509
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:36 AM ( #57 )
Yup...it's that time of the year again...

HAPPY SONY FANBOY DAY, N4G!!
5TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF THE N4G GREAT FANBOY WAR!!

...and what could be considered as Sony's "present", would be Sony's grandiose Feb 20th announcement, the day after the anniversary!

<message edited by macalatus on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:38 AM>
Gen. George Patton FTW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ     

If you're reading this, you have got to be bored!
Chard

• Total Posts : 507
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:57 AM ( #58 )
 A traditional 5th anniversary gift is wood. I'm sure Sony will be giving us all wood on the 20th.
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:30 AM ( #59 )
Hey guys, lets start it all over again, a new war with the PS4 announced tomorrow.

I just need a couple of things though:

* Need the Open Zone back, this unified zone is no fun for a new console war
* Where the hell did Nasim go? Don't read anything in the story or seen him on this site, or read his unlimited PM's in my inbox anymore
* Before the war starts, both specs of consoles including launch games need to be known, otherwise its no fun fighting, for the moment I'll enjoy all reveals. Yes, that includes the new Playstation

Good old times. I should add that I arranged the largest N4G online MP game I think already back in 2009 where most of these old time members were present. And when the Sony fanboys still didn't believe I owned a PS3.  

http://forums.n4g.com/m660398.aspx

Good to see this date, the 19th, almost seems a prophecy date, with PS4 announced tomorrow at the 20th. They day after Sony Fanboy Day comes the Sony Reborn Day. Sony was reading N4G and set their day of announcing the PS4 this way.

Tomorrow midnight my time we'll know what the first army of the next war brings to the table, and we'll know a bit if Sony Fanboy Day will remain or if doom and failure is upon the next Playstation. 

thorstein

• Total Posts : 438
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:09 AM ( #60 )
I am actually banned for life from Gamefaqs forums for calling out an Xbox troll whose tagline was "I'd Die for Bill Gates" or something like that.  So, it is nice to have a place for SONY fans.  But I was here in those days of yore.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 63 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread