Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ?

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 64 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Eyeco

• Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 4:29 AM ( #41 )
Eiffel

moegooner88

Why does everyone keep forgetting about the new Ratchet, and Clank

Because Ratchet and Clank has been pretty forgettable outside the PS2 era.

Sorry, someone had to say it. 

Having been a fan of the PS2 series i hate to admit it but your right, since the PS2 era the series has been pretty irrelevent, I just saw the trailer for the 1st time, honestly i had no idea the game even existed, and i was so unimpressed it looks like more of the same, the series is getting stale it would have impressed me 5-6 years ago but as of 2012 it looks pretty lame, the series is in dire need of a AAA reboot, if theres one series that needs to be revitalised its Ratchet and Clank and that kills me to say.
DivineHand125

• Total Posts : 4
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:19 AM ( #42 )
Eyeco

Let's take a look back, 

* Late 2006 was a launch year Resistance FOM phenomenal underrated and overlooked shooter.

* 2007 Again nowhere near as bad as you might think , clouded by the anti-ps3 hate of that year, look at the great games released Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank FTOD excellent games.

*2008 this is when the PS3 really started to kick a$$ Valkyria Chronicles, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2

*2009 the PS3's best year hands down, just hit after hit Killzone 2 awesome, Infamous awesome, Demon Souls awesome, Uncharted 2 fvckin awesome.

* 2010 Not as good as last year but still pretty great, Heavy Rain, MAG, GOW 3, GT5, Modnation Racers

*2011 Killzone 3, LBP2, Socom 4 (underrated) Uncharted 3 , Resistance 3, Infamous 2

* This year so far we've had Journey (psn), Starhawk was meh, Twisted Metal was meh, LBPR double meh, and what's left , PS AS? the one game i was looking forward to Sly 4 got pushed to next year.

I think its safe to say this has been the weakest year for the system

i agree that that it has been a bad year for ps3 and with the exeption of the xbox 360 it has been a weak year for everybody including 3rd party. Last year was like the best year ever with strong titles coming from all platforms. The game of the year nominees for vga awards were all well deserved and anyone of them could have won without feeling like something must have gone wrong there.
moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2046
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:33 AM ( #43 )
Eyeco

Eiffel

moegooner88

Having been a fan of the PS2 series i hate to admit it but your right, since the PS2 era the series has been pretty irrelevent, I just saw the trailer for the 1st time, honestly i had no idea the game even existed, and i was so unimpressed it looks like more of the same, the series is getting stale it would have impressed me 5-6 years ago but as of 2012 it looks pretty lame, the series is in dire need of a AAA reboot, if theres one series that needs to be revitalised its Ratchet and Clank and that kills me to say.

You obviously never played any of the new games, otherwise you wouldn't have said this, play first then talk later, saw some videos is a ridiculous excuse for dismissing a game, I love how you made a thread complaining about lack of games, when you didn't even bother to play already released exclusives.
Eyeco

Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:44 AM ( #44 )
moegooner88

Eyeco

Eiffel

moegooner88

You obviously never played any of the new games, otherwise you wouldn't have said this, play first then talk later, saw some videos is a ridiculous excuse for dismissing a game, I love how you made a thread complaining about lack of games, when you didn't even bother to play already released exclusives.

I've played all the Ratchet and Clank games, and yes they add a few things, but nothing revolutionary, i think most people would agree that Ratchet and Clank is need of a drastic makeover because so far every Ratchet i've played on the PS3 has been forgettable especially All 4 One which was pretty mediocre, I've played most of the PS3 exclusives this year and they were all bland, I'm obviously gonna end up buying the latest release but honestly i'm not expecting much, because judging by the videos it's more of the same.
moegooner88

Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:52 AM ( #45 )
Eyeco

moegooner88

Eyeco

Eiffel

moegooner88

I've played all the Ratchet and Clank games, and yes they add a few things, but nothing revolutionary, i think most people would agree that Ratchet and Clank is need of a drastic makeover because so far every Ratchet i've played on the PS3 has been forgettable especially All 4 One which was pretty mediocre, I've played most of the PS3 exclusives this year and they were all bland, I'm obviously gonna end up buying the latest release but honestly i'm not expecting much, because judging by the videos it's more of the same.

Many fans, and reviewers labelled A crack in time the best ever Ratchet and Clank game, so I doubt most people would agree with you, it's your opinion, and I respect it, but I will play the game before judging, All for One was a disappointment, mainly because Insomniac wanted to pursue new directions with the series, which  the fans obviously didn't like, an indication that the original formula was yet desired by them.

TooTall19

• Total Posts : 690
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 10:47 AM ( #46 )
A Crack in Time was fantastic!  I also liked A Quest for Booty.  Did you get that print moegooner?
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:11 PM ( #47 )
A crack in time has/had nothing on Going Commando. It was/is a good game, but Going Commando was the best Ratchet & Clank game. Closely followed by Up your Arsenal for taking Going Commando and adding a very successful and good multiplayer (imo).

moegooner88

Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:16 PM ( #48 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

A crack in time has/had nothing on Going Commando. It was/is a good game, but Going Commando was the best Ratchet & Clank game. Closely followed by Up your Arsenal for taking Going Commando and adding a very successful and good multiplayer (imo).

Blasphemy lol, My fav is the original one, can't tell why, but it has its charm, I think the best is Up your Arsenal, ... Going Commando is the only Ratchet and Clank game I hate, didn't even bother with the plat, I like the humor scenes alot, and GC lacked in them.

@Too Tall, I wish man, but they can't ship them where I live, awesome print nonetheless.
Eyeco

Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:32 PM ( #49 )
moegooner88

ZombieNinjaPanda

Blasphemy lol, My fav is the original one, can't tell why, but it has its charm, I think the best is Up your Arsenal, ... Going Commando is the only Ratchet and Clank game I hate, didn't even bother with the plat, I like the humor scenes alot, and GC lacked in them.

@Too Tall, I wish man, but they can't ship them where I live, awesome print nonetheless.

Up Your Arsenal was my favourite and one of my favourite PS2 games same with GC how could you hate it I loved the challenge, the RPG elements especially , I've always wanted a metroidvania style Ratchet Game but with the ridiculous ratchet weapons and platforming, I know it sounds weird but that's just my fantasy game
ShaunCameron

• Total Posts : 45
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:36 PM ( #50 )
Since no exclusive of note came out this year, yeah. Its highest-selling exclusives were a Japan-only Wii port and a reboot of a once-popular PS1 franchise.
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:25 PM ( #51 )
ShaunCameron

Since no exclusive of note came out this year, yeah. Its highest-selling exclusives were a Japan-only Wii port and a reboot of a once-popular PS1 franchise.

oh, I completely forgot about those since I hated the Tales of Graces demo and has never been a fan of Twisted Metal since the PS1.

<message edited by wishingW3L on Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:07 PM>
ShaunCameron

• Total Posts : 45
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:41 PM ( #52 )
Tales Of Graces f and Twisted Metal.
ZoyosJD

• Total Posts : 457
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:21 PM ( #53 )
From what I gather (excluding digital) the highest selling PS3 exclusive so far this year is actually One Piece Pirate Musou, followed by Tales of Graces f, Twisted Metal, Tales of Xillia 2, Starhawk, Tokyo Jungle, and then the HD collections. Seems like this year was for Japan and vehicle fighters.
sdplisken

• Total Posts : 20
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:20 PM ( #54 )
The Last of Us 
Beyond
GOW: Ascension 
Sly 4
The Last Guardian 
Dust 514 

yeah just the announcement of 2 NEW IPS makes this year awesome for ps3 

this years been fine with journey, twisted metal, starhawk, ratchet hd, okami hd, etc 
i mean damn you gotta give people time to play MULTIPLATFORM games as well 

sony spoils us for sure 

can you imagine if sony just spammed 2 of their best franchises every other year? 
uncharted 6  coming 2013
killzone 7 coming 2014  lol 
TheRot

• Total Posts : 3443
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:31 PM ( #55 )
most of those games are coming next year and none of the exclusives that came out this year are good so i agree with the op, that said the last of us looks great next year is going to be a lot better
theunleashed64

• Total Posts : 282
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:04 AM ( #56 )
TheRot

most of those games are coming next year and none of the exclusives that came out this year are good so i agree with the op, that said the last of us looks great next year is going to be a lot better

so journey wasn't good at all?
and they say the gods of hell can't fall...yeah right
-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:12 AM ( #57 )
PS3 sucks, Deal With It.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11965
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:44 AM ( #58 )
theunleashed64

TheRot

It was very very very overrated. 
Eyeco

Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Monday, November 12, 2012 2:00 AM ( #59 )
Eiffel

theunleashed64

TheRot

It was very very very overrated. 

It was good, wether its overrated or underrated is irrelevant to the fact that the best exclusive released on the PS3 year is arguably a 3 hour downloadable psn game, this only further backs my point for this year being the worst ps3 in it's history, the funny thing is i mentioned this last year and lost like 2 bubbles for saying so,  I knew this year was gonna be dry I just didn't think it was gonna be so dry that almost every release was to be mediocre, I'm seriously counting on the new Ratchet if not then this year is to never be mentioned again.
BattleAxe

• Total Posts : 72
Re:Has 2012 been the PS3's most dissapointing/ weakest year ? - Monday, November 12, 2012 2:35 AM ( #60 )
I would agree that 2012 has been the PS3's weakest year as far as exclusives go. I bought the multiplayer portion of Starhawk, which is good value for $15.00, but its not a game that I see myself playing for very long once Far Cry 3 comes out, and maybe Black Ops 2.

I would even go so far as to say that 2011 wasn't that great either when it comes to exclusives. I'm a huge Resistance fan, but Resistance 3 had the worst multiplayer in the series, it was a major downgrade and a major disappointment. I'm a massive massive Socom fan, but once again it was a major disappointment. Other than Uncharted 3, Killzone 3 has been the only truely descent PS3 exclusive to come out between 2011 and 2012, and I was disappointed with how little content it released with and post release support it received.

I think that most games that have come out in 2011/2012 have really failed to impress me. Black Ops was mediocre, MW3 was terrible, Battlefield three had tons of technical issues and had an extremely short single player campaign, Medal of Honor is garbage, Mass Effect 3 was a great game with one of the worst endings in gaming history, FEAR 3 was mediocre, The Darkness 2 was a 5 hour long game, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has let the fanbase down, Call of Juarez: The cartel was an absolute failure.....I can go on and on. 

Far Cry 3, God of War: Ascension and The Last of Us can't come soon enough. I have hope that the new Tomb Raider will turn out to be good, GTA5 should be good, and lets hope that Ubisoft doesn't screw up Rainbow Six: Patriots.

Honorable mentions: MGS: Ground Zeros, Splinter Cell: Black List and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 
<message edited by BattleAxe on Monday, November 12, 2012 2:36 AM>
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 64 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread