Has 2012 been the year of the PC?

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 63 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:58 PM ( #41 )
Theo1130

Rage_S90

I don't know how anyone can honestly say torchlight looks more high budget then something like this. 

http://blog.us.playstatio...-new-trailer-revealed/

You're comparing a game that took less than 4 million dollar to make, if that.  To a game that is going to cost upwards of 50 million...It's starting to make sense why you're a united supporter. 

That's exactly my point, read what md said again. I'm a United supporter because my parents are from there, and raised me up to support them, why are you a madrid supporter? How many times have you been to the bernabue this season? 

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:01 PM ( #42 )
thebudgetgamer

Rage_S90

-MD-

Ironically, everything on consoles looks low budget when you compare it to a computer game.

So your telling me something like Uncharted looks low budget, that sound score, and motion capture work alone negates your comment. Even your mighty Witcher 2 doesn't have animation anywhere near UC3 level. 

Inb4 "Uncharted is linear" So is Half Life yet no one complains about that.

Half life came out in 1998. 10 years later and Uncharted cannot even break away from being linear like a game from 98. Your Sony fanboy is showing.

@Md

Rage is trolling, albeit badly. But I guess that's what you have to look forward to when all you have is smoke and mirrors ;)

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:09 PM ( #43 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

thebudgetgamer

Rage_S90

-MD-

Ironically, everything on consoles looks low budget when you compare it to a computer game.

So your telling me something like Uncharted looks low budget, that sound score, and motion capture work alone negates your comment. Even your mighty Witcher 2 doesn't have animation anywhere near UC3 level. 

Half life came out in 1998. 10 years later and Uncharted cannot even break away from being linear like a game from 98. Your Sony fanboy is showing.

Every Half Life game is linear, up till episode two. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing though like how you would use it against Uncharted. The only games I've been playing lately have been Fez and Halo: Reach. Perhaps you jump to the fanboy card too fast. It's okay though, I understand. Gotta call me something right.

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:12 PM ( #44 )
thebudgetgamer

ZombieNinjaPanda

thebudgetgamer

Rage_S90

-MD-

Every Half Life game is linear, up till episode two. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing though like how you would use it against Uncharted. The only games I've been playing lately have been Fez and Halo: Reach. Perhaps you jump to the fanboy card too fast. It's okay though, I understand. Gotta call me something right.

You're the one that brought it up first.

-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:30 PM ( #45 )
I know Rage is attempting to troll but isn't he one of the people that champion Journey? How is a 2 hour interactive movie/almost game like Journey anything but low budget?

Also when did low budget become a bad thing lol? 99% of the time the higher the budget on a video game the worse it is. 
<message edited by -MD- on Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:32 PM>
Rage_S90

Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:43 PM ( #46 )
-MD-

I know Rage is attempting to troll but isn't he one of the people that champion Journey? How is a 2 hour interactive movie/almost game like Journey anything but low budget?

Also when did low budget become a bad thing lol? 99% of the time the higher the budget on a video game the worse it is. 

Journey is as high a budget as an indie game gets, there is nothing inherently wrong with low budget games, the problem arises when your whole library of exclusives consists of them. 

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:50 PM ( #47 )
Rage_S90

-MD-

Journey is as high a budget as an indie game gets, there is nothing inherently wrong with low budget games, the problem arises when your whole library of exclusives consists of them. 

How is this is a problem is beyond me. If it's a great game, it's a great game. It's funny, the low budget games are normally better than the AAA games console kids try to stick to. Another word that has become a buzzword. It means nothing to indicate quality. 

Kon

• Total Posts : 11113
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:54 PM ( #48 )
Could we please stop feeding the troll.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 9:00 PM ( #49 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

thebudgetgamer

ZombieNinjaPanda

thebudgetgamer

Rage_S90

-MD-

Yea but I don't feel the need to call people names because the disagree with me.

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 9:14 PM ( #50 )
thebudgetgamer

ZombieNinjaPanda

thebudgetgamer

ZombieNinjaPanda

thebudgetgamer

Rage_S90

-MD-

Yea but I don't feel the need to call people names because the disagree with me.

But no one was called a name, I said your fanboy is showing ;)

-MD-

Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 9:23 PM ( #51 )
Rage_S90

there is nothing inherently wrong with low budget games, the problem arises when your whole library of exclusives consists of them. 

There's nothing wrong with a low budget game but it's a problem when you have a lot of them? Huh?
toaster

• Total Posts : 5619
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:20 AM ( #52 )
How many PC games came out in 2012 anywho?

Rage_S90

Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:42 AM ( #53 )
-MD-

Rage_S90

there is nothing inherently wrong with low budget games, the problem arises when your whole library of exclusives consists of them. 

There's nothing wrong with a low budget game but it's a problem when you have a lot of them? Huh?

Can you read? There's a problem when your system doesn't produce any big budget exclusives, it means it's not getting the kind of support you think it is, if publishers are unwilling to create them. 

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:36 AM ( #54 )
PC is the last platform I see that isn't trying so hard to please a certain demographic of consumers who can't learn to adapt to a challenge. You won't find an over saturation of "cinematic experiences" that belittle gameplay for a story that ends up sucking anyway.  Of course this is obvious as it's a universal platform with no king to it's own success. 

IMO, it's the last place to find games that play like games(don't kill a brain cell comprehending that), exclusively high budget as well as independently. No gimmicks. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:41 AM>
TheLastGuardian

• Total Posts : 3666
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:56 AM ( #55 )
toaster

How many PC games came out in 2012 anywho?

Over 60 exclusives.

http://www.technobuffalo....st-exclusives-in-2012/

-MD-

Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:14 AM ( #56 )
Rage_S90

-MD-

Rage_S90

Can you read? There's a problem when your system doesn't produce any big budget exclusives, it means it's not getting the kind of support you think it is, if publishers are unwilling to create them. 

It gets the best versions of every single game that you put inside your PS3 that isn't published by Sony, I'm perfectly fine with the support PC gets.

All "big budget" means in a game is scripted, cinematic and dumbed down. The most entertaining, unique and fun games are usually the cheapest ones being made by real gamers and not being held back by massive publishers catering to the most casual audience possible to try and make their money back.  

Eiffel

IMO, it's the last place to find games that play like games(don't kill a brain cell comprehending that), exclusively high budget as well as independently. No gimmicks.  

Well said. No gimmicks.

<message edited by -MD- on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:19 AM>
Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:13 AM ( #57 )
Rage_S90

-MD-

Rage_S90

It's not a problem.

I don't gain more enjoyment out of a game simply because it is an exclusive. A developer getting paid to release a game for a single platform isn't my idea of support either. I am not sure if you're being serious or pulling your trademark ignorant console player stereotype.

Publishers have no reason to create truckloads of PC exclusives when most of them can  be ported to consoles by scaling things down. If they can cash it in that way, and everyone is happy, then there's really no reason to keep things exclusives.(Although there are some in PC community which are never happy)
So you end up with games that are multiplatform in name, but offer a different experience depending on which platform they're played on (i.e. console or pc).
Games like Battlefield3 and Skyrim are recent examples of this, and there's more but I'm not going to waste my time thinking/listing.

2012 has seen some high budget games on PC too, such as Diablo3, GuildWars2, SecretWorld, more WoW, and there's upcoming games like Arma3 and Dota2. 
Why a budget even matters is beyond me. I don't know of many sensible people that get their enjoyment out of how much money was spent making the game (not to mention most of that money goes towards marketing, not actual game development)

If big budget games is really what you crave, then you should just come out and admit something that all of us have known for quite some time: you is disappoint with PS3 and want a 360. Nothing to be shameful of,  it gets the exclusives with the biggest budgets such as Halo after all and unlike Sony which has to buy developers just to make them support their backwater platform, the 360 gets love unconditionally. Just look at how MS has Skyrim's high-budget DLC and how well most big budget titles run on the 360 but not on the PS3.
Hope Santa delivered this year.
-MD-

Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:21 AM ( #58 )
FatOldMan

Rage_S90

-MD-

Rage_S90

It's not a problem.

I don't gain more enjoyment out of a game simply because it is an exclusive. A developer getting paid to release a game for a single platform isn't my idea of support either. I am not sure if you're being serious or pulling your trademark ignorant console player stereotype.

Publishers have no reason to create truckloads of PC exclusives when most of them can  be ported to consoles by scaling things down. If they can cash it in that way, and everyone is happy, then there's really no reason to keep things exclusives.(Although there are some in PC community which are never happy)
So you end up with games that are multiplatform in name, but offer a different experience depending on which platform they're played on (i.e. console or pc).
Games like Battlefield3 and Skyrim are recent examples of this, and there's more but I'm not going to waste my time thinking/listing.

2012 has seen some high budget games on PC too, such as Diablo3, GuildWars2, SecretWorld, more WoW, and there's upcoming games like Arma3 and Dota2. 
Why a budget even matters is beyond me. I don't know of many sensible people that get their enjoyment out of how much money was spent making the game (not to mention most of that money goes towards marketing, not actual game development)

If big budget games is really what you crave, then you should just come out and admit something that all of us have known for quite some time: you is disappoint with PS3 and want a 360. Nothing to be shameful of,  it gets the exclusives with the biggest budgets such as Halo after all and unlike Sony which has to buy developers just to make them support their backwater platform, the 360 gets love unconditionally. Just look at how MS has Skyrim's high-budget DLC and how well most big budget titles run on the 360 but not on the PS3.

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:03 PM ( #59 )
-MD-

FatOldMan

Rage_S90

-MD-

Rage_S90

It's not a problem.

Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:Has 2012 been the year of the PC? - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:21 PM ( #60 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

-MD-

FatOldMan

...words...

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 63 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread