How do you think the Vita will pan out?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
TheLastGuardian

• Total Posts : 3666
  • Reward points : 0
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:26 AM ( #21 )
@Tatsumaki

Please tell me you did not just spoil Persona 4 for me. This is bugging the **** out of me. Why would you bump this thread to say something that may or may not be a spoiler? TenSteps was banned for doing just that and you should be too. Don't you think I'd rather find out on my own that you can save one of the characters from dying? If you don't write *spoiler alert* before your hidden text, what the **** is stopping me from reading it?

VGChartz isn't even reliable and they have the game at 390k and the Vita at 3.74 million so where are you getting those numbers from? The game hasn't even been released in Europe yet and already it's the fourth best selling Vita game. I don't know why you'd expect it to sell much better, it's sales aren't even that bad compared to other Vita games. It's well on it's way to outselling the original Persona 4. I guess you hate PS2 owners too since it didn't sell nearly enough on there for being the best selling console of all time.

I bought Persona 4 Golden. You hate me anyway just because I own a Vita? Well I hate you for making me feel like part of the game has been ruined. I'm still playing P3P so I haven't even opened P4G yet. I might as well just return it now.

Nutsack

• Total Posts : 248
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 4:02 AM ( #22 )
PSVita will be just fine as Sony is known to keep supporting their consoles.

They're not like Microsoft that dropped support for XBOX 1 right after they switched to the 360.

They are still selling the PS2 after so long, they're still selling the PSP while PSVita is out. PSP sold as said, well over 70 mln units. The 360 sold that amount too, or the PS3.

What is needed for the PSVita is that they reach 10 mln units sold ASAP. At that installed base, it is a platform that is able to be profitable. The more the better ofcourse, but at the current amount of units sold it is hardly profitable, so Sony gotta co-fund games (like they probably did with Assassins Creed, COD etc) and bring games from its own studios.

That is nothing new though, every platform needs to do this. You can see this with the WiiU also, it gets easy ports from PS360, or Nintendo stuff. The only real 3rd party fresh game is ZombieU which isn't great, but just alright.
Most people that actually own a PSVita are happy about the system. The most crying people are those that don't own it. It is funny how for example WiiU buyers cry that PSVita has no games, while the WiiU really hardly has anything to buy it for. Bottom line: like said in many other threads already, Sony needs to lower that price and market it better. And use that 70+ mln PS3 userbase to sell it to. For example, sell the PSVita even through PSN for lets say 189 or 199 incl a memorycard and a PS+ year subscription that gets shipped to your home directly.
Tewi-Inaba

• Total Posts : 2216
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:44 PM ( #23 )
TheLastGuardian

@Tatsumaki

Please tell me you did not just spoil Persona 4 for me. This is bugging the **** out of me. Why would you bump this thread to say something that may or may not be a spoiler? TenSteps was banned for doing just that and you should be too. Don't you think I'd rather find out on my own that you can save one of the characters from dying? If you don't write *spoiler alert* before your hidden text, what the **** is stopping me from reading it?

VGChartz isn't even reliable and they have the game at 390k and the Vita at 3.74 million so where are you getting those numbers from? The game hasn't even been released in Europe yet and already it's the fourth best selling Vita game. I don't know why you'd expect it to sell much better, it's sales aren't even that bad compared to other Vita games. It's well on it's way to outselling the original Persona 4. I guess you hate PS2 owners too since it didn't sell nearly enough on there for being the best selling console of all time.

I bought Persona 4 Golden. You hate me anyway just because I own a Vita? Well I hate you for making me feel like part of the game has been ruined. I'm still playing P3P so I haven't even opened P4G yet. I might as well just return it now.
It's as much a spoiler a me telling you people will die if in the DMC game if you don't buy the DMC game

So the answer is no

Friend Code:1650-0941-8045
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread