Journey A Rage Official Thread

Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 123 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
goflyakite

• Total Posts : 1440
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:18 PM ( #101 )
TheLastGuardian

goflyakite

We could try sure. I'm not sure how well it'll work though but I've heard you can also limit it down by both people only activating the same parts of the bridge.

Alright, do you have time right now? I just need to play through the game with the same companion and I'll have all the trophies.

Ah I didn't read this until now, I missed you by 7 minutes but I'm still on.

TheLastGuardian

• Total Posts : 3666
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:38 PM ( #102 )
goflyakite

TheLastGuardian

goflyakite

We could try sure. I'm not sure how well it'll work though but I've heard you can also limit it down by both people only activating the same parts of the bridge.

Alright, do you have time right now? I just need to play through the game with the same companion and I'll have all the trophies.

I just went ahead and played the last chapter for the companion trophy. We should still play through it together sometime though.

goflyakite

Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:41 PM ( #103 )
TheLastGuardian

goflyakite

TheLastGuardian

goflyakite

I just went ahead and played the last chapter for the companion trophy. We should still play through it together sometime though.

Ah, ok.

redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Friday, March 23, 2012 6:48 AM ( #104 )
Completed this game yesterday, so beautiful ;_;

I don't know how TGC does it, but they way they get you to feel a range of emotions in such a short time is quite extrodinary.

The most emotional part for me was when >> Your walking through the snow with your companion and you begin to freeze over. You and your companion start to walk slower and slower, you start to freeze to death. Then you see your companion drop to their knees, you drop to your knees and lie still in the snow...<<

I don't think i've felt that sad about whats happening to my character in a game before, the feeling of helplessness and loss was so well done.

In terms of graphics and art style, it's beautiful. One of the best looking games ever made, and that will ever be made. The use of lighting is phenomenal.

The muscial score, wow. It was perfectly done for the game.

One of the most interesting and unique things about the multiplayer is that it demonstrates to you that a lot of gamers think and react the same as you in the same situation. I was playing with someone and we constantly moved in the same way, at the same time, i got confused as to which one i was lol.

TLG, i can see why you'd want to jump straight back into it. You don't want the experience to end!

I love this game, you don't get this experience from movies, tv's or books. Games like this are why i love gaming.
<message edited by redDevil87 on Friday, March 23, 2012 6:50 AM>

Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:21 AM ( #105 )

redDevil87

Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:46 AM ( #106 )
"After we released Flower in 2009, players sent hundreds of emails about their experience with the game. They varied from a nine-year-old girl to a 65-year-old man, from a marine serving duty overseas, to a soldier returning from Iraq. There were even stories about a mother’s memory of her two children in the wheat fields, a surreal butterfly fantasy from someone’s grandmother who passed away, and a young man who spoke about his brother who has Down syndrome. Those kinds of letters are what drive us at TGC to keep working."

Not gonna lie, that was a little heart warming to hear people remembering loved ones. Screw people who don't say games aren't as worthy or as important than movies and books.

Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:48 AM ( #107 )

goflyakite

Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:35 PM ( #108 )
Rage_S90

Officially the fastest selling psn game in SCEA!!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/29/journey-is-psns-fastest-selling-game-soundtrack-coming-soon/

Rage_S90

Also fastest selling in Europe!!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-29-journey-becomes-fastest-selling-us-psn-game-ever

This is amazing news, it deserves it.

TheLastGuardian

Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:39 PM ( #109 )

LittleBigPlanet 2 is getting a Journey costume and sticker pack next month. How cute.

I'm glad that Journey has received so much critical acclaim and great sales. TGC deserves all the success.
<message edited by TheLastGuardian on Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:43 PM>

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:40 PM ( #110 )
Seems like an interesting interactive beautifully cinematic media of some type. 

KEVERS

• Total Posts : 18366
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:43 PM ( #111 )
This game looks retarded. Floating around in a dress does seem like something Rage would be in to....but what's with these girly Flower like games that has become Sony's supposed gems?

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:44 PM ( #112 )
KEVERS

This game looks retarded. Floating around in a dress does seem like something Rage would be in to....but what's with these girly Flower like games media type things that has become Sony's supposed gems?

And this being the less subtle version of my post. 

EDIT, fixed one mistake. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:45 PM>

goflyakite

Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:51 PM ( #113 )
In sadder news, I just read co-founder Kellee Santiago and executive producer Robin Hunicke have left TGC, pretty shocking.

"Gamasutra sources say that other key staff departures may be forthcoming as well."

I don't know if this sentence just means Robin too or if even more might be leaving.

http://thatgamecompany.co...es-at-thatgamecompany/
http://www.glitch.com/blo...igger-better-brighter/
<message edited by goflyakite on Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:56 PM>

redDevil87

Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Friday, March 30, 2012 4:38 AM ( #114 )
goflyakite

In sadder news, I just read co-founder Kellee Santiago and executive producer Robin Hunicke have left TGC, pretty shocking.

"Gamasutra sources say that other key staff departures may be forthcoming as well."

I don't know if this sentence just means Robin too or if even more might be leaving.

http://thatgamecompany.co...es-at-thatgamecompany/
http://www.glitch.com/blo...igger-better-brighter/

Woah, that surprising. Lets hope the team doesn't lose to much of their talent.

@Kevers . . . shut your whore mouth you bish! Go play it with your waifu.

TheDareDevil

• Total Posts : 1889
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Friday, March 30, 2012 4:42 AM ( #115 )
Game seems really boring
iNcRiMiNaTi

• Total Posts : 1357
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Friday, March 30, 2012 5:00 AM ( #116 )
I bought the game knowing what to expect, no direct enemies so combat is non existent and no over the top Michael Bay moments which seems to be where everything is headed these days, even where it isn't needed or make any sense. So with that in mind I'm playing the game and I'm enjoying it alot so far. Yes it's simple but as an artist myself I bought it purely based on the artistic look of the game and I love it when devs take a risk and choose art style over realism. The game does have short story segments but it's quick little hieroglyphic things that make no sense (at least what I'm seeing so far) but I'd like something like this as a full blown game with dialog and some combat even if it's subtle like ICO. It's visually captivating and it drew me in the same way Okami did when I first played that but hopefully this won't be the last time that happens. 
macalatus

• Total Posts : 5509
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:08 PM ( #117 )
Congratulations to Thatgamingcompany for Journey winning the GOTY Award from IGN and Gamespot!!!
Gen. George Patton FTW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ     

If you're reading this, you have got to be bored!
TheLastGuardian

Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:31 AM ( #118 )
Journey is on sale (now through 12/30). $7.35 for PS Plus members and $10.49 for everyone else.

Spread the word and of course, if you haven't already done so, buy this game right f***ing now!!

Personally though, I'd buy Journey Collector's Edition instead.

Congratulations to Thatgamecompany for all of the GOTY awards/nominations and to Austin Wintory for being nominated for the Grammy Award for best score soundtrack for visual media. Journey is the first video game score in history to be nominated for a Grammy Award.

Brilliant. One of the best, if not THE best soundtrack I've ever heard in a game.

redDevil87

Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:15 AM ( #119 )
Journey wins again! Quick, someone get Eiffel another box of Kleenex for all those salty tears he's crying!

MiloGarret

• Total Posts : 1366
Re:Journey A Rage Official Thread - Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:29 AM ( #120 )
Bought and played it. It's an ok experience, I guess. 
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 123 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 3 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread