Official Gun Discussion Thread

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 4 of 14, messages 61 to 80 of 272 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11823
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:51 AM ( #61 )
http://marketdailynews.co...ncel-2-more-gun-shows/

http://www.hollywoodrepor...tom-cruise-jack-403689

I even heard FOX canceled some Christmas special because "it had children in schools which would have seemed insensitive".

My point stands against rifles, but this is some hardcore political correctness. Hollywood jumping the gun a little too hard. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:54 AM>
acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3026
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:50 AM ( #62 )
people without mental problems go on shooting sprees and do **** ****ed up.....even if they was new gun control like go see a doctor and get clear you could just tell them what they want to hear...i seen it all the time....not shootings but idk how many people that has been depress or upset with live and lie to their doctor and kill them selfs in the parking lot.......if we locked up all the "crazies" or put everyone on meds their still be violence and acts of crime.....personally i believe if you want a gun you should be able to own one....as the forum and backround check...my sister just filed for a gun and got locked up(in and out) over 10 open warrants for driving w/DL...lol which i thought was funny...but i think to see if somebody is mental stable to have a gun wouldnt be right...i rather see if they are stable and right enough to have kids....i believe we all have it in us to snap...maybe not kill 20+ or more people but ive seen people without mental issues kill
Ingram

• Total Posts : 642
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:14 AM ( #63 )
I agree with most of what you guys said and, well, we're too immature for guns and weapons to even exist, they should require extensive psychological training.
Furthermore, In their current form, any madman or kid can use them. ID tagged weapons are coming, but now the black market guns issue...

Mankind is extremely irresponsible, the weapons problem is an education problem at its core.
This pretty much this sums it up.

Jon_Smackenrow

• Total Posts : 2178
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:37 PM ( #64 )

V tech 
Sandy Hook 
Fort Hood 
Aurora Colorado 
Columbine 

All gun free zones. 

ban gun free zones
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:53 PM ( #65 )
Jon_Smackenrow

V tech 
Sandy Hook 
Fort Hood 
Aurora Colorado 
Columbine 

All gun free zones. 

ban gun free zones

This

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
macalatus

• Total Posts : 5509
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 1:55 AM ( #66 )
What pro-gun control advocates don't understand is that it isn't really the gun that is the problem here.  Rather, it's the rather twisted view that society has.

Look, I do get your concern that having everyone strapped with a gun could mean people arguing over something small then shooting one another, creating a society destroying domino effect.  The ONLY reason why that is so is simply because Americans have long been brainwashed to believe that guns are evil, complete with devil horns and a pitchfork.  This has the unintended effect for some disturbed people to think "guns=ultimate revenge/world domination tool".  

The ONLY gun control that gun owners believe is to properly educate young people (key word: young) how to properly use a weapon and the proper situation to use them.  People, when taught young, will see the gun as a PROPER TOOL and not as something that they will use purely for chaos.  The problem right now is that many adults who have never handled a weapon before nor has put on a military/law enforcement uniform, also NEVER had the proper training/education on what a gun should be used for.  

To put it simply, the use of guns should be treated the same way young people are taught martial arts.  People who have black belt in whatever martial arts they trained for don't go out in public looking for a fight (though I'm sure that there are a very small minority who probably does so).  Guns, like martial arts, are to be used purely for defensive purposes, something that we pro-gun folks like Nocturnus have been crying out.  

As for me, I myself is planning to get a California legal AR15 that accepts both civilian and NATO-standard rounds. Why? It's partly because I see it as  a "social hobby" (many of my military buddies have their own personal weapons), I'm a US Army vet myself, and last but not the least, for personal defense.  

I truly believe in educating the young on how to use weapons so much so that when my own children comes to a certain age, I will get them a .22 rifle as a birthday present (probably before I even get them their own game console), teach them the basics of markmanship and when/when not to use them.  That and physical training...so yes I'm basically training them like soldiers so they would learn responsibility, leadership, and survival.  

Gen. George Patton FTW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ     

If you're reading this, you have got to be bored!
TheKindRoost

• Total Posts : 644
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 6:44 AM ( #67 )

"These are my friends...They’re good people. They’re hurting. They’re in pain the same way as every American about what happened to these twenty little children. And I’m not going to let anybody be villainized
I’m so proud of the NRA...I’m so pleased they agreed to be part of this."

"Look at Grand Theft Auto, put out by Rockstar Games in New York City and see what it promotes," and even adds, "Shouldn’t that be looked into and maybe be banned?"

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/11602/article/gta-5-should-be-banned-says-u-s-senator/

<message edited by TheKindRoost on Friday, December 21, 2012 6:47 AM>
O'er azure skies And emerald plains Where freedom and justice prevail With courage and strength We'll fight to the end For liberty in our land
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 2:48 PM ( #68 )
Armed guards in schools, what a message you nuts are sending to children, breed that culture of fear. 

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6958
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 2:55 PM ( #69 )
TheKindRoost

"These are my friends...They’re good people. They’re hurting. They’re in pain the same way as every American about what happened to these twenty little children. And I’m not going to let anybody be villainized
I’m so proud of the NRA...I’m so pleased they agreed to be part of this."

"Look at Grand Theft Auto, put out by Rockstar Games in New York City and see what it promotes," and even adds, "Shouldn’t that be looked into and maybe be banned?"

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/11602/article/gta-5-should-be-banned-says-u-s-senator/

That's good, protect the second amendment by destroying the first. 
TheNocturnus

Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 2:57 PM ( #70 )
Rage_S90

Armed guards in schools, what a message you nuts are sending to children, breed that culture of fear. 

Sending the message that they are safe, because they are not anymore. No one ever thought that some **** would shoot up an elementary school but Adam Lanza did it. The fastest solution would just be to place a police officer in every school. Rotate shifts, one day Officer Jones, the next Officer Smith and so on.

Another idea would be to have one entrance to every school. Have multiple exits that you can leave from but cannot enter because they lock. Also have a double entrance so that you have to be buzzed in to get inside. 

Some POS tries to enter a school like that would just end up getting locked inside the entrance until police arrived.

WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10053
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 2:58 PM ( #71 )
Man the social contract definitely dropped the ball on this. 

Megaton

• Total Posts : 3812
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 3:00 PM ( #72 )
TheNocturnus

Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 3:11 PM ( #73 )
Megaton

This guy stole the weapons after he killed his mom. Quit blaming the guns, it was the shooter that did the killings, not the guns.

WildArmed

Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 3:17 PM ( #74 )
Nocturnus32

Megaton

This guy stole the weapons after he killed his mom. Quit blaming the guns, it was the shooter that did the killings, not the guns.

You make it sound like he is stealing a weapon from a really secure location. If his mom didn't have access to weapons, this could have gone really differently.

We aren't arguing that GUNS kill people, we are arguing the PEOPLE that use guns to kill people have readily access to them. It's the ACCESS to guns that is the issue imo. 

I don't agree with all the 'guns kill people logic', but I do agree with the fact that they are too easily accessible. All of these mass shootings (i'm pulling this outta my ass) seem to have been done with legally purchased guns, I'm seeing less and less of a threat from illegally purchased guns and more with guns that are legally purchased.

I'm not trying to change anyone opinion/stance on the topic, but just trying to clarify my own train of thought. We need better gun control, much better gun control. 

Megaton

Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 3:18 PM ( #75 )
I know very well that guns are merely a tool. It shouldn't be so easy for people to get certain tools. Maybe the mother shouldn't have had a small arsenal in a household with a child she knew was mentally unstable to the point of considering having him committed.
TheNocturnus

Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 3:21 PM ( #76 )
Megaton

I know very well that guns are merely a tool. It shouldn't be so easy for people to get certain tools. Maybe the mother shouldn't have had a small arsenal in a household with a child she knew was mentally unstable to the point of considering having him committed.

This I wholeheartedly agree with. Gun safes are not that expensive. If mom could afford a $1500 Ar-15 she could afford a $500 gun safe. I have a safe for my guns and when they are not in there they are on my person.

acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3026
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 3:28 PM ( #77 )
Megaton

Thats why he killed them kids...because of the fear of going into a Crazy home....he could have used a knife a bomb looked that up on the computer

so backrounds and mental checks for everyone in the house or that will be coming over if you want a gun?

Megaton

Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 3:33 PM ( #78 )
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11823
Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 3:34 PM ( #79 )
Saw some video report about trifle ownership discussion the opposing side actually had someone comment.

"Because they're cool."

Nuff said. Because they're cool apparently. The NRA has some brilliant fourth generation inbreds who want to impress the cool kids on the block. 

<message edited by Eiffel on Friday, December 21, 2012 3:37 PM>
WildArmed

Re:Official Gun Discussion Thread - Friday, December 21, 2012 3:40 PM ( #80 )
acemonkey

Megaton

Thats why he killed them kids...because of the fear of going into a Crazy home....he could have used a knife a bomb looked that up on the computer

so backrounds and mental checks for everyone in the house or that will be coming over if you want a gun?

Lol, luckily not every idiot can make a bomb. Also, it's very unlikely that he'd sit and make a bomb after killing his mother. He'd probably go out w/ a knife.. which would have ended w/ him being put down with minimum casualty. 

Next thing I am going to start hearing is that you can make nukes by looking that up on the computer. 

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 4 of 14, messages 61 to 80 of 272 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread