Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 41, messages 41 to 60 of 819 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
skynidas

• Total Posts : 2382
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:14 PM ( #41 )

ORIGINAL: UNCyrus

Lol... I got 10 platinums... I'll have 11 within the next couple of days...

Post the games where you got those platinums in here!!!
OgTheClever

• Total Posts : 62
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Sunday, January 25, 2009 3:55 PM ( #42 )
PSN ID: OgTheClever
Platinums: Uncharted & Mirrors Edge
sexybeast69

• Total Posts : 843
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Sunday, January 25, 2009 3:58 PM ( #43 )
I got one in uncharted.

skynidas

RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Sunday, January 25, 2009 3:58 PM ( #44 )

ORIGINAL: OgTheClever

Is it hard?

OgTheClever

RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Sunday, January 25, 2009 3:59 PM ( #45 )

ORIGINAL: LeGenDx

i got a platium in mgs4

No you haven't.
skynidas

RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:02 PM ( #46 )

ORIGINAL: LeGenDx

i got a platium in mgs4

No you haven't.

Is the Mirrors Edge platinum trophy hard??

Zanzu

• Total Posts : 68
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:57 PM ( #47 )
PSN: Zanzu

Resistance 2 (I put R2 before, how could you not know R2!)
skynidas

RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:00 PM ( #48 )

ORIGINAL: Zanzu

PSN: Zanzu

Resistance 2 (I put R2 before, how could you not know R2!)

Sorry about that, I did not see it.
DavidMacDougall

• Total Posts : 514
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:43 PM ( #49 )
PSN - DavidMacDougall

--------- Platinum Trophys -----------

Burnout Paradise
Uncharted Drakes Fortune
Call Of Duty World At War
Fallout 3

LeGenDx

• Total Posts : 72
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 12:04 AM ( #50 )
okay i offical got a platium in uncharted. psn : iRbeast
shadowghost752

• Total Posts : 1532
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 9:42 AM ( #51 )
Two platinums, Uncharted and Lord of the rings conquest

ShadowGhost752
shadowghost752

• Total Posts : 1532
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 9:44 AM ( #52 )

ORIGINAL: skynidas

It depends i only need 6 or 7 more trophies to get the platinum but you have to be quite good at the game in order to get the time trial trophies
skynidas

RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 9:45 AM ( #53 )

ORIGINAL: shadowghost752

It depends i only need 6 or 7 more trophies to get the platinum but you have to be quite good at the game in order to get the time trial trophies

Cool, thaks for the response, Ill try to get it
berks7

• Total Posts : 105
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 10:32 AM ( #54 )
PSN Id - berks7
9 Platinums

Uncharted Drake's Fortune                                          
BioShock
Burnout Paradise
Quantum of Solace
Fallout 3
COD 5 WAW
Alone in the Dark
Dead Space
Buzz Quiz TV

PS3 Trophies
<message edited by berks7 on Monday, January 26, 2009 10:33 AM>
OgTheClever

RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 12:59 PM ( #55 )

Is it hard?

Sorry about the delayed reply, Skynidas, but I left the thread yesterday and completely missed your post.

Anyway about the Mirror's Edge platinum; I personally didn't find it to hard to get (to put it in perspective I would only consider it marginally harder than Uncharted) although I did temporarily hold the world record for one of the time trials. The key to understanding how to play the game is to feel the running flow, as many were put off by what they considered a small margin for error - I personally feel the margin between succeeding and failing is quite large and that the small errors only make a difference to your speed.

Most of the trophies themselves are pretty easy to get and in my first playthough, on medium, I got the test of faith and most of the minor trophies such as linking together running moves in a certain way. I know that there were a lot of complaints about the difficulty of the test of faith trophy (not shooting any enemies) yet there are only 2 or 3 instances in the game where you need to get into confrontations. Seriously don't even think about trying to disarm or take out every single enemy as it will only lead to a lot of needless deaths. This tactic will be key to doing the speed runs later on. My second playthough was on hard to earn a gold trophy and I tried to aim for another gold by collecting all of the secret bags. Afterwards there were only two bags that I hadn't found and had to use a guide for but most are pretty easy to get.

Now I moved on to the time trials - where this game really hits it stride - and puts it as my personal game of the year above LBP, MGS4 and PJ Eden. The general tactic I used to progress through these was to generally spend no more than 15-30min on each course before moving onto the next. Each course has a potential of 3 stars to earn by acheiving a pre-set time for a total of 69 stars. Maybe I'm just good at the game or others are pretty bad but I reached 50 stars, and the gold trophy, without even unlocking the last trial. Also I would recommend that you look around they path you need to take first of all to get a general idea of what you need to do. As a last resort you may have to look at ghosts of other peoples runs but I never do this until I'm sure there's no better route to take (sometimes it really is crazy what you have to do to reach 3 stars and you could spend forever trying to figure it out without a helping hand). Right now I have 66 stars and getting the last 3 is the only thing left for me to do to totally complete the game. I plan to go back and finish them off in a few days when the DLC is released.

At this point (after 50 stars and trying the last few courses) the last trophies I had to collect were all bronze, but the hardest in the game: the speedruns. This is where the endless hours of practice and perfection in the time trials really pays off. I'd recommend only trying the prologue and chapter 1 first but leaving chapter 2 to last because it's extremely hard and the longest one. Also the last chapter (9) is what I consider to be technically the hardest but its short length makes up for it, do this second to last with all of the others in any order you want in between. Some other things to note about the speedruns is that they're on the equivalent of normal difficulty and shooting guns is fine (although usually it's faster and safer to just run past all of the enemies). One final point is that chapter 9's server room is the key to completing that run in the time limit. This video shows the best method to get through it quickly (obviously don't watch it yet if you want to avoid spoilers but it would be fruitless to attempt the speedrun without watching it first).

I hope this mini essay better helps you decide whether you want to buy the game and attempt for platinum or not.
UNCyrus

• Total Posts : 170
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 1:06 PM ( #56 )
Sorry... here's the list of my platinums..

Alone in the Dark
LittleBigPlanet
Burnout Paradise
COD:W@W
Fallout 3
Uncharted
Prince of Persia
Buzz! Quiz TV
Quantum of Solace
Dead Space
Polluted

• Total Posts : 18754
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 1:06 PM ( #57 )
Can I join the "rarely gets laid" club? Put me down for Fallout 3.

skynidas

RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 2:15 PM ( #58 )

Is it hard?

Sorry about the delayed reply, Skynidas, but I left the thread yesterday and completely missed your post.

Anyway about the Mirror's Edge platinum; I personally didn't find it to hard to get (to put it in perspective I would only consider it marginally harder than Uncharted) although I did temporarily hold the world record for one of the time trials. The key to understanding how to play the game is to feel the running flow, as many were put off by what they considered a small margin for error - I personally feel the margin between succeeding and failing is quite large and that the small errors only make a difference to your speed.

Most of the trophies themselves are pretty easy to get and in my first playthough, on medium, I got the test of faith and most of the minor trophies such as linking together running moves in a certain way. I know that there were a lot of complaints about the difficulty of the test of faith trophy (not shooting any enemies) yet there are only 2 or 3 instances in the game where you need to get into confrontations. Seriously don't even think about trying to disarm or take out every single enemy as it will only lead to a lot of needless deaths. This tactic will be key to doing the speed runs later on. My second playthough was on hard to earn a gold trophy and I tried to aim for another gold by collecting all of the secret bags. Afterwards there were only two bags that I hadn't found and had to use a guide for but most are pretty easy to get.

Now I moved on to the time trials - where this game really hits it stride - and puts it as my personal game of the year above LBP, MGS4 and PJ Eden. The general tactic I used to progress through these was to generally spend no more than 15-30min on each course before moving onto the next. Each course has a potential of 3 stars to earn by acheiving a pre-set time for a total of 69 stars. Maybe I'm just good at the game or others are pretty bad but I reached 50 stars, and the gold trophy, without even unlocking the last trial. Also I would recommend that you look around they path you need to take first of all to get a general idea of what you need to do. As a last resort you may have to look at ghosts of other peoples runs but I never do this until I'm sure there's no better route to take (sometimes it really is crazy what you have to do to reach 3 stars and you could spend forever trying to figure it out without a helping hand). Right now I have 66 stars and getting the last 3 is the only thing left for me to do to totally complete the game. I plan to go back and finish them off in a few days when the DLC is released.

At this point (after 50 stars and trying the last few courses) the last trophies I had to collect were all bronze, but the hardest in the game: the speedruns. This is where the endless hours of practice and perfection in the time trials really pays off. I'd recommend only trying the prologue and chapter 1 first but leaving chapter 2 to last because it's extremely hard and the longest one. Also the last chapter (9) is what I consider to be technically the hardest but its short length makes up for it, do this second to last with all of the others in any order you want in between. Some other things to note about the speedruns is that they're on the equivalent of normal difficulty and shooting guns is fine (although usually it's faster and safer to just run past all of the enemies). One final point is that chapter 9's server room is the key to completing that run in the time limit. This video shows the best method to get through it quickly (obviously don't watch it yet if you want to avoid spoilers but it would be fruitless to attempt the speedrun without watching it first).

I hope this mini essay better helps you decide whether you want to buy the game and attempt for platinum or not.

Thanks for the respose man, I already have the game but i am on chapter 4 and havent even tried the time trials, so i wanted to know if it was going to be hard to get that platinum. Thanks for taking your time to write all that.
OgTheClever

RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Monday, January 26, 2009 2:23 PM ( #59 )

Thanks for the respose man, I already have the game but i am on chapter 4 and havent even tried the time trials, so i wanted to know if it was going to be hard to get that platinum. Thanks for taking your time to write all that.

No problem, it was only 15 minutes and I had nothing to do.
blacoston

• Total Posts : 243
RE: Official N4G Platinum Trophy Club - Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:28 AM ( #60 )
Uncharted
&
Fallout 3
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 41, messages 41 to 60 of 819 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread