Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread

Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 7 of 8, messages 121 to 140 of 151 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:16 AM ( #121 )
toaster

Holy **** this thread is old. I finally got that PS3, and I actually have 1 game. Ass Creed Bros in da Hood. I'm like halfway through I think.

Other than that the only present I got this year was CS:GO from Kionic. Thanks buddy. 

Still waiting for that reply bro. 
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:13 AM ( #122 )
I didn't get any actual christmas gifts from anyone in my family or anything, I stayed home while they all went to dinner. I did get some games from steam friends (Kionic, Bakedgoods, Cgood) though.

Thanks, bros. You guys rock.
Megaton

• Total Posts : 3812
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:24 AM ( #123 )
Clothes, a new phone, a new computer case, a new PSU, a new GPU, $50, and a handful of Steam games like Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, Hitman: Absolution, Torchlight 2, and a handful of others. Half of my gifts came from N4G folks. Thanks, bros.
Eiffel

Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:31 AM ( #124 )
Megaton

Clothes, a new phone, a new computer case, a new PSU, a new GPU, $50, and a handful of Steam games like Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, Hitman: Absolution, Torchlight 2, and a handful of others. Half of my gifts came from N4G folks. Thanks, bros.

Burn it. ****ing burn it. I did you this one favor by warning you. 

Merry Christmas. 
-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:42 AM ( #125 )
Eiffel

Megaton

Merry Christmas. 

Is it that bad, i'm like a few ours away from Trading in Far Cry 3 for this.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Eiffel

Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:01 AM ( #126 )
-Mezzo-

Eiffel

Megaton

Merry Christmas. 

It's Splinter Cell Conviction with an identity crisis. The AI have no path to learn by observing, they react and move accordingly to your movements even behind cover. So for example if I'm behind cover waiting for an enemy to move, he will just stand there continuously until I make a move first, and even then he'll in a split second turn around. So basically the AI is aware of you even if you're out of plain sight, making strategy a game of Russian roulette. The disguise system is utterly useless, a key element of Hitman rendered numb and dumb in an effort to force players to use Instinct which doesn't do much as enemies will notice you from up to 100 yards away, you'd have an easier time wearing only your suit. The checkpoint system is broken as opposed to the old save system that worked. You'll start at the same point but all your previous killed or subdued enemies respawn making back tracking awkward. 

The game tries so hard to be an immersive cinematic experience with a story, but falls so far that IO in their efforts lost sight of their..really only highly praised IP. You'll pull a sniper rifle out of thin air as opposed to previous entries in the series where you had a briefcase. Tight level design with limited freedom of choice cripples replay value greatly. One level has one environment kill throughout that entire hour, but bottles and knives litter the place, to add to lack of imagination put into this game, IO seems to have spammed every nook and cranny with empty crates, far less subtle than previous entries. 

It's just a mess, I've been a fan of the series, beat every single title in the franchise with max SA rating. Those entries offered unlimited replay value. With Absolution I had to push myself just to beat it. Probably the most unpleasant experience I've had with a game.  A series so highly praised to it's peak with Blood Money that fell so hard with Absolution is some serious damage to a fan, especially since we waited SIX YEARS for this game. IO pretty much killed their only good franchise to cash in by streamlining it. 

If you're a fan, I can't stress enough that you wait for it to bargain bin. It hasn't even been out that long and it's already approaching the $30 mark. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:08 AM>
toaster

• Total Posts : 5619
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:58 AM ( #127 )
Eiffel

toaster

I can't stand shoes inside the house. It's mostly an Asian thing, but I do get pretty upset when some white peeps step inside my house without taking shoes off. 

In that situation, a lot of people have serious B.O with their feet. Asian thing or not, how would you even deal with that? 

My place just always smells good. It masks the BO. Either that or there's always weed smoke lingering.

MiloGarret

• Total Posts : 1366
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:28 AM ( #128 )
toaster

Eiffel

toaster

I can't stand shoes inside the house. It's mostly an Asian thing, but I do get pretty upset when some white peeps step inside my house without taking shoes off. 

In that situation, a lot of people have serious B.O with their feet. Asian thing or not, how would you even deal with that? 

My place just always smells good. It masks the BO. Either that or there's always weed smoke lingering.

We do this in Sweden too, that is, take off our shoes inside the house. BO is not an issue because we shower every once in while. 

OT: got a coupl of token gifts, nothing too fancy. Bought some stuff for myself though, the nicest of which is a B&W A5. 
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
Eiffel

Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:37 PM ( #129 )
toaster

Eiffel

toaster

Ah. Should put some Febreze next to the door, let them mask that ****. 
MisfitSmurf

• Total Posts : 1985
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:57 PM ( #130 )
Skv007

Drove 12 hours from DC to Chicago. 

Hope everyone else had a great xmas. 

You were in DC and didnt say hi? F*ck you too.

Edit: TV wall mount, clothes, 100 dollars in gift cards. I didnt ask for anything.
<message edited by MisfitSmurf on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:58 PM>
Bebop skippity tippity tap those toes
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:07 PM ( #131 )
Two broken hard drives, a pair of headphones, and 50 dollhairs. Oh and a guitar cable.

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:09 PM ( #132 )
Not a damn thing.
flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:14 PM ( #133 )
My kneegrow hooked my up with this:

WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:34 PM ( #134 )
MisfitSmurf

Skv007

Drove 12 hours from DC to Chicago. 

Hope everyone else had a great xmas. 

You were in DC and didnt say hi? F*ck you too.

Edit: TV wall mount, clothes, 100 dollars in gift cards. I didnt ask for anything.

pfft, ofcourse you'd tell me AFTER I leave DC. When it's too late to drop by, fo shame Steven. 

-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:45 PM ( #135 )
Eiffel

-Mezzo-

Eiffel

Megaton

Merry Christmas. 

It's Splinter Cell Conviction with an identity crisis. The AI have no path to learn by observing, they react and move accordingly to your movements even behind cover. So for example if I'm behind cover waiting for an enemy to move, he will just stand there continuously until I make a move first, and even then he'll in a split second turn around. So basically the AI is aware of you even if you're out of plain sight, making strategy a game of Russian roulette. The disguise system is utterly useless, a key element of Hitman rendered numb and dumb in an effort to force players to use Instinct which doesn't do much as enemies will notice you from up to 100 yards away, you'd have an easier time wearing only your suit. The checkpoint system is broken as opposed to the old save system that worked. You'll start at the same point but all your previous killed or subdued enemies respawn making back tracking awkward. 

The game tries so hard to be an immersive cinematic experience with a story, but falls so far that IO in their efforts lost sight of their..really only highly praised IP. You'll pull a sniper rifle out of thin air as opposed to previous entries in the series where you had a briefcase. Tight level design with limited freedom of choice cripples replay value greatly. One level has one environment kill throughout that entire hour, but bottles and knives litter the place, to add to lack of imagination put into this game, IO seems to have spammed every nook and cranny with empty crates, far less subtle than previous entries. 

It's just a mess, I've been a fan of the series, beat every single title in the franchise with max SA rating. Those entries offered unlimited replay value. With Absolution I had to push myself just to beat it. Probably the most unpleasant experience I've had with a game.  A series so highly praised to it's peak with Blood Money that fell so hard with Absolution is some serious damage to a fan, especially since we waited SIX YEARS for this game. IO pretty much killed their only good franchise to cash in by streamlining it. 

If you're a fan, I can't stress enough that you wait for it to bargain bin. It hasn't even been out that long and it's already approaching the $30 mark. 

Thanks for the detailed Reply.

Decided against it, will trade FC3 with something else & pick up Hitman once it $20/30, just like you suggested.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Pandamobile

• Total Posts : 1709
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:09 PM ( #136 )
First real PC upgrade in 4 years. I had forgot how exciting looking for new parts was.

I just bought: 

i7 3770 Ivy Bridge to replace my i7 920 Nehalem;
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 to replace my ASUS P6T Deluxe V2;
EVGA GTX 680 to replace my EVGA GTX 480;
16 GB of DDR3 1600 RAM; 
and a Kingston 120 GB SSD.

I am excited.
Eiffel

Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:17 PM ( #137 )
-Mezzo-

Thanks for the detailed Reply.

Decided against it, will trade FC3 with something else & pick up Hitman once it $20/30, just like you suggested.

In any case you could rent it. Spending anything above $10 for this game is a waste. I got a deal at Gamestop, as they cut the price by $20 not even two weeks after release...I can see why. As retribution any chance I'm ever in Denmark, I'm throwing a brick through their studio window with my copy tied to it.
<message edited by Eiffel on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:21 PM>
Excitedjime

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:18 PM ( #138 )
all's i got was this ipad keyboard case, which is guess is better than nothing! 
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:43 PM ( #139 )
peace and love
TheRot

• Total Posts : 3443
Re:Official What Did You Get For Christmas Thread - Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:50 PM ( #140 )
i got my gifts(money) in november right before black friday.....
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 7 of 8, messages 121 to 140 of 151 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread