PS4 |OT| Four Kaz

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 106, messages 181 to 200 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
  • Reward points : 0
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:34 PM ( #181 )
Rage_S90

Nah, I doubt it, I bet on $399 - $450, based on the rumored specs.They don't have anything like blu ray or cell to bumb up the price, although maybe the controller is costly. I think the Vita is a good indication to where the PS4 will go. 

DON'T JINX IT BEFORE IT'S EVEN BEEN ANNOUNCED

But yeah, <$500 is a doable price point. If they can actually squeeze it down to $400 (provided the $400 model isn't a piece of f/ck), that'd be impressive, though I'd usually tend to go for the premium model if I feel it has enough extra things.
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:34 PM ( #182 )
TheNocturnus

How long does it really take for you to take your PS3 out of a box and hook it up to play some old games? 5 minutes or less? I find it funny that you and many others are crying about a NEW machine not playing OLD games. Besides, i'm sure the PS4 will have 4k remakes of all of the PS3 games like PS3 has HD remakes of all the PS2 games.

Can't you just be happy that the PS4 is finally coming out after 7 very long years. And hopefully the 720 will be coming this year as well, after 8 very, very long years.

It's still a negative factor towards it. It may take me 5 to 10 minutes to plug in the ps3 and fiddle around with everything, making sure it has that stupid update, connecting everything, or it will take me a minute to turn on the Ps4, pop in one of my old disks and play. As I said, why is it that new supposedly superior technology cannot play old inferior technology's games? And 4k remakes? Great, you get to spend more money for products you already own!

And No I can't be happy. Websites like this one have caused me to hate video games, especially the big three companies. 

Rage_S90

ZombieNinjaPanda

DS plays DS games, gameboy advance and possibly GBA, idk I never tried. DS lite plays DS games and GBA games.  The 3Ds is apparently backwards compatible from what I'm reading with the regular Nintendo DS. But you're seeming very anti consumer right about now. 

Opps, my bad DSi, that's the one i got. It has no GBA slot, but has online, where the others don't.  

No, all DS's have online. I was able to connect to the global trading thingy in Pokemon on both my DS lite and original DS.

-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:38 PM ( #183 )
So, ZNP wants BC - even if that's bumps up the price by, say $100 & then will go on to throw out his $250+ old console. That Logic.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:38 PM ( #184 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Rage_S90

ZombieNinjaPanda

DS plays DS games, gameboy advance and possibly GBA, idk I never tried. DS lite plays DS games and GBA games.  The 3Ds is apparently backwards compatible from what I'm reading with the regular Nintendo DS. But you're seeming very anti consumer right about now. 

Opps, my bad DSi, that's the one i got. It has no GBA slot, but has online, where the others don't.  

No, all DS's have online. I was able to connect to the global trading thingy in Pokemon on both my DS lite and original DS.

Hmmmmmm, I'm sure there was something, but i could be wrong. But yeah they did remove BC just like PS3. 

Edit: That's what it was, regular DS doesn't have downloadable games or a camera. 
<message edited by Rage_S90 on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:40 PM>

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:39 PM ( #185 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

It's still a negative factor towards it. It may take me 5 to 10 minutes to plug in the ps3 and fiddle around with everything, making sure it has that stupid update, connecting everything, or it will take me a minute to turn on the Ps4, pop in one of my old disks and play. As I said, why is it that new supposedly superior technology cannot play old inferior technology's games? And 4k remakes? Great, you get to spend more money for products you already own!

And No I can't be happy. Websites like this one have caused me to hate video games, especially the big three companies. 

For the most part I agree with and understand your concerns. But honestly, if BC is the difference between an unaffordable (WHY IS CHROME SPELL CHECK SO SH!T, UNAFFORDABLE IS DEFINITELY A F/CKING WORD) console and a very attractively priced one, then it holds that the lack of BC is justified
Rane-StP

• Total Posts : 320
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:43 PM ( #186 )
Your 5- 10 minutes plugging in another console can be saved by getting a HDMI hub. Problem solved.
Rage_S90

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:44 PM ( #187 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

I've told you why, got to technical forums like Beyond3d, there's some pretty good explanations there. 

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:46 PM ( #188 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Blame that precious Cell for no BC. You would need to put an emulator in the console to even run the old games. 
It costs money and resources to put all of the old tech inside a new machine. The PS4 I assume is going to be one hell of a machine and to not have it cost $599 they have to cut some corners, BC makes sense to be the first feature removed.
Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:57 PM ( #189 )
TheNocturnus

Blame that precious Cell for no BC. You would need to put an emulator in the console to even run the old games. 
It costs money and resources to put all of the old tech inside a new machine. The PS4 I assume is going to be one hell of a machine and to not have it cost $599 they have to cut some corners, BC makes sense to be the first feature removed.

This is a reasonable argument against BC and pretty much exactly why it might not be there.

What will cheese me is a cruddy price point AND no BC. It has to have one or the other. Hell, a cruddy price point will cheese me no matter features it has or doesn't have. It needs to be priced well, bottom line.
-Mezzo-

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:59 PM ( #190 )
Anything above $450 will be a tough Pill to swallow.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
UnSelf

• Total Posts : 2569
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:59 PM ( #191 )
Protip: Keep your old systems

SNES couldnt play NES games.

N64 couldnt play SNES

GC couldnt play (Yawnnnnnnnnnnn, sry) N64, yada yada

DVD players dont play VHS

CD players dont play cassettes

...........im bout to write a song

Gamers are very self - entitled. 

Rage_S90

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:06 PM ( #192 )
UnSelf

N64 couldnt play SNES

Damn, i forgot about all those....Still i think it's a great feature, even though i hardly use it. 

CanadianTurtle

• Total Posts : 87
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:08 PM ( #193 )
After hearing all the buzz about the PS4 and how its going to be easier to develop for than the PS3. 

I really have  strong feeling that the PS4 will have itself the same legacy that the PS2 had. I have a strong feeling that will see many developers pushing the console to its limits. ND, insomniac, SuckerPunch, and GurriellaGames developed all these great games on the PS3's nightmare-ish hardware. Imagine how great the games will be on the PS4. It's really shaping up to be a great launch.

Personally, if they have a few "free to play" mmos' like PlanetSide2, and some great launch titles, that would be enough for anyone to choose the PS4 over the other consoles. Also, with all the development of new IPs from this generation, I could only imagine how many sequels we're going to get. Cannot wait!
-Mezzo-

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:08 PM ( #194 )
UnSelf

N64 couldnt play SNES

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:08 PM ( #195 )
UnSelf

N64 couldnt play SNES

Maybe if all the products you chose weren't new formats your examples would hold water. If it's the same/similar format it's unacceptable. The only unacceptable one here is the SNES/NES but I swear we were playing NES games on the SNES.

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:10 PM ( #196 )
UnSelf

N64 couldnt play SNES

This was because the medium that games were put on kept changing. Disc drives nowadays, or digital storage, is backwards-readable in that a Blu-ray drive can understand the content in a DVD or CD.

And actually, there was a thing you could get for the N64 that allowed SNES catridges to sit in it and play (edit: this was an unofficial third-party thing).

I do see your point though. Still, BC is a nice thing to have. It's when it hurts cost or development that it isn't a good idea. What would be a good idea is some sort of cloud service where select titles are available at discount prices, or something of the sort.
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 4:13 PM>
UnSelf

• Total Posts : 2569
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:29 PM ( #197 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

UnSelf

N64 couldnt play SNES

Maybe if all the products you chose weren't new formats your examples would hold water. If it's the same/similar format it's unacceptable. The only unacceptable one here is the SNES/NES but I swear we were playing NES games on the SNES.

i wanna believe this. But i get this tiny feeling that lets say Sony did something they always did like, change the format of their disc, then the counter argument would be " oh, well the better allow us to play our old games through a Gaikai"

Why does 'same format' automatically equates to 'they BETTER give us the ability to play our old games!'?

in all fairness, its a brand new system that is DESIGNED to play PS4 games. Thats all its responsible for, thats all it has to do. Everything else is a bonus.

Microsoft DOES NOT have to allow us to play our 360 games on a PC, and they dont. Formats, mediums notwithstanding, they dont really owe us that. We dont expect Blu Ray players to play PS3 games just because theyre both blu-ray

I look at a system as if its the first of its kind. And in actuality it is: New serial numbers, New SKU. 

Whether i think they should though? Hell yeah. 

How much i care? Its still a day 1 purchase if all we're talking about are whether that ability is included or not

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:32 PM ( #198 )
No bc, good thing I don't burn my things when I buy new stuff.

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:35 PM ( #199 )
I hate to sound like a bastard but despite everything I've said, part of me is hoping for no BC, so that it's a little easier to swallow that I just blew $300 on a PS3 to replace my old, dead launch 60. That's like $1100 on one system. I've never spent anything near that much to own a console during any generation lol...even my PC was only around ~$1400 and I built that much, much stronger than any current console

Let's just hope this thing is like, $400. That'd be great. $500 premium model, I can swallow that. $800 piece of f/ck with crappy thermal paste that will MLOD (magenta light of death) in 2-5 years? Please don't make one of those again. Same sentiment towards MS and their warping-motherboard launch 360
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 4:38 PM>
ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:42 PM ( #200 )
UnSelf

i wanna believe this. But i get this tiny feeling that lets say Sony did something they always did like, change the format of their disc, then the counter argument would be " oh, well the better allow us to play our old games through a Gaikai" 

Why does 'same format' automatically equates to 'they BETTER give us the ability to play our old games!'?

in all fairness, its a brand new system that is DESIGNED to play PS4 games. Thats all its responsible for, thats all it has to do. Everything else is a bonus.

Microsoft DOES NOT have to allow us to play our 360 games on a PC, and they dont. Formats, mediums notwithstanding, they dont really owe us that. We dont expect Blu Ray players to play PS3 games just because theyre both blu-ray

I look at a system as if its the first of its kind. And in actuality it is: New serial numbers, New SKU. 

Whether i think they should though? Hell yeah. 

How much i care? Its still a day 1 purchase if all we're talking about are whether that ability is included or not

Why do you bring up 360 and PC games? They're different "consoles", if that's your argument why doesn't Sony let us play PS3 blurays on the computer? Also why do you bring up Bluray players at all? You're comparing apples to oranges, except maybe in this case the oranges are a bit red.

The fact of the matter is, it's new console from the same line of consoles, it should be expected to play it's previous iterations if the format isn't something completely new. How this isn't a standard and how all you people are defending it saying it's not necessary blows my mind. It's like you don't want innovation, it's like you don't want competition, it's like you don't want more bang for your buck.

Gamers aren't self entitled, but they sure do love getting the short end of the stick from these companies.

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 106, messages 181 to 200 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread