PS4 |OT| Four Kaz

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 11 of 106, messages 201 to 220 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Rane-StP

• Total Posts : 320
  • Reward points : 0
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:42 PM ( #201 )
I'm sure Sony is going to keep this under 500 dollars for sure. They lost too much on the PS3. Still I don't think February 20th is going to be Sony's announcement for the PS4, if anything about it, in great detail. I think they do want to wait till MS announces the 720, see what their specs and price point is before they release theirs.
Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2115
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:44 PM ( #202 )
Satanas

I hate to sound like a bastard but despite everything I've said, part of me is hoping for no BC, so that it's a little easier to swallow that I just blew $300 on a PS3 to replace my old, dead launch 60. That's like $1100 on one system. I've never spent anything near that much to own a console during any generation lol...even my PC was only around ~$1400 and I built that much, much stronger than any current console

It'll probably be just as bad if not worse next generation, first batch / editions of each of Sony's and Microsoft's consoles will both be made of cardboard on the outside the way things are going. Seems pointless buying first editions of consoles these days (unless you have money to burn I guess).

MattyG

• Total Posts : 3354
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:49 PM ( #203 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

UnSelf

i wanna believe this. But i get this tiny feeling that lets say Sony did something they always did like, change the format of their disc, then the counter argument would be " oh, well the better allow us to play our old games through a Gaikai" 

Why does 'same format' automatically equates to 'they BETTER give us the ability to play our old games!'?

in all fairness, its a brand new system that is DESIGNED to play PS4 games. Thats all its responsible for, thats all it has to do. Everything else is a bonus.

Microsoft DOES NOT have to allow us to play our 360 games on a PC, and they dont. Formats, mediums notwithstanding, they dont really owe us that. We dont expect Blu Ray players to play PS3 games just because theyre both blu-ray

I look at a system as if its the first of its kind. And in actuality it is: New serial numbers, New SKU. 

Whether i think they should though? Hell yeah. 

How much i care? Its still a day 1 purchase if all we're talking about are whether that ability is included or not

Why do you bring up 360 and PC games? They're different "consoles", if that's your argument why doesn't Sony let us play PS3 blurays on the computer? Also why do you bring up Bluray players at all? You're comparing apples to oranges, except maybe in this case the oranges are a bit red.

The fact of the matter is, it's new console from the same line of consoles, it should be expected to play it's previous iterations if the format isn't something completely new. How this isn't a standard and how all you people are defending it saying it's not necessary blows my mind. It's like you don't want innovation, it's like you don't want competition, it's like you don't want more bang for your buck.

Gamers aren't self entitled, but they sure do love getting the short end of the stick from these companies.

How do we not want innovation, how is BC innovative? We just don't care if it can't play old games, we want to play new INNOVATIVE games on a NEW console. If there is BC, we will be getting more bang, but for more buck. And to what, do something you can already do?
<message edited by MattyG on Friday, February 01, 2013 4:51 PM>

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:51 PM ( #204 )
Nate-Dog

Satanas

I hate to sound like a bastard but despite everything I've said, part of me is hoping for no BC, so that it's a little easier to swallow that I just blew $300 on a PS3 to replace my old, dead launch 60. That's like $1100 on one system. I've never spent anything near that much to own a console during any generation lol...even my PC was only around ~$1400 and I built that much, much stronger than any current console

It'll probably be just as bad if not worse next generation, first batch / editions of each of Sony's and Microsoft's consoles will both be made of cardboard on the outside the way things are going. Seems pointless buying first editions of consoles these days (unless you have money to burn I guess).

It's a shame. My original Xbox has held up extremely well, but even those were known to have like fire hazard issues and everyone was sent a free replacement power cable lol, myself included. The N64 held up extremely well. My Gameboy Color still works...

It's like I said, the newest and best technologies, when sold in commodities and at low-costs, will just keep cutting more and more corners...eventually we'll have consoles that have issues far worse than YLOD, RROD, etc. Prepare for ETKYF (explosion that kills your family), consoles melting through the floor, and the like
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 4:52 PM>
UnSelf

• Total Posts : 2569
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:54 PM ( #205 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

UnSelf

i wanna believe this. But i get this tiny feeling that lets say Sony did something they always did like, change the format of their disc, then the counter argument would be " oh, well the better allow us to play our old games through a Gaikai" 

Why does 'same format' automatically equates to 'they BETTER give us the ability to play our old games!'?

in all fairness, its a brand new system that is DESIGNED to play PS4 games. Thats all its responsible for, thats all it has to do. Everything else is a bonus.

Microsoft DOES NOT have to allow us to play our 360 games on a PC, and they dont. Formats, mediums notwithstanding, they dont really owe us that. We dont expect Blu Ray players to play PS3 games just because theyre both blu-ray

I look at a system as if its the first of its kind. And in actuality it is: New serial numbers, New SKU. 

How much i care? Its still a day 1 purchase if all we're talking about are whether that ability is included or not

Why do you bring up 360 and PC games? They're different "consoles", if that's your argument why doesn't Sony let us play PS3 blurays on the computer? Also why do you bring up Bluray players at all? You're comparing apples to oranges, except maybe in this case the oranges are a bit red.

The fact of the matter is, it's new console from the same line of consoles, it should be expected to play it's previous iterations if the format isn't something completely new. How this isn't a standard and how all you people are defending it saying it's not necessary blows my mind. It's like you don't want innovation, it's like you don't want competition, it's like you don't want more bang for your buck.

Gamers aren't self entitled, but they sure do love getting the short end of the stick from these companies.

but arent the PS3 and PS4 different "consoles"? i get what you're saying and believe me, the consumerist in me wants the feature, but its NOT a ps3. (a piece of tech who number one directive is to play PS3 software). 

Essentially speaking, comparing the PS3 to the PS4 is also apples and oranges in this case. Just because Sony owns both doesnt mean they HAVE to allow you to play the software on a system designed to play that particular software, on the new system.

Comparing apples to apples would be like comparing different versions of the same system. Again, I stress, this is a DIFFERENT system entirely. The PS4, in essence, is just as different from the PS3, as the 720 would be ( if it takes blu ray discs) would be from the PS4. Each system is its own, unique object. Everything else is a variable.

Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 4:56 PM ( #206 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

UnSelf

It's not a necessity for me, because there's an alternative. If there's support for old games on a new console then great since it's an awesome feature, but lack of BC isn't really an issue for me.  I can detach from older games easily and when I buy a new console, I play new games.  

Also, the fact that it would be quite difficult to emulate PS3 on games on PS4, and the probability that adding BC will increase price is reason enough to ditch it. I honestly don't think the gaming industry sees BC support as necessary, yet.  Online? That can be called a necessity in console gaming today.

<message edited by Whoooop on Friday, February 01, 2013 4:58 PM>

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 5:18 PM ( #207 )
UnSelf

but arent the PS3 and PS4 different "consoles"? i get what you're saying and believe me, the consumerist in me wants the feature, but its NOT a ps3. (a piece of tech who number one directive is to play PS3 software). 

Essentially speaking, comparing the PS3 to the PS4 is also apples and oranges in this case. Just because Sony owns both doesnt mean they HAVE to allow you to play the software on a system designed to play that particular software, on the new system.

Comparing apples to apples would be like comparing different versions of the same system. Again, I stress, this is a DIFFERENT system entirely. The PS4, in essence, is just as different from the PS3, as the 720 would be ( if it takes blu ray discs) would be from the PS4. Each system is its own, unique object. Everything else is a variable.

I said, from the same family line, it should be able to play previous iterations games. They don't have to, but this should be a ****ing feature by now, a standard. And comparing the PS3 to the 720, again it's nowhere near the same. I'm glad you do admit that you would want this though as a consumer. It makes what I said before false. But it seems that the video game industry is the only industry where standards mean nothing. Everyone is screaming they'd happily pay 600 to 1000 dollars for Sony's new console, but does it have to have Backwards Compatibility? Heavens no.

And honestly, I don't care if it's something it doesn't need to have. I'm saying it should have it. If they want to distinguish themselves from competition there's that. But again, as a consumer, I don't care about Sony because their only want is to get my money. So my only want is to get the most out of a product I'm purchasing.

And what's with this emulation talk? Why should it have to emulate it? Use a chip that can read and run previous games that were based upon the architecture, but I guess that's Sony's fault for making such a terrible system in the first place. Their so called future proofing really meant you won't ever play our games on any other console but this one. 

Rane-StP

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 5:26 PM ( #208 )
Well, yes, so lets see. Put chip in to play PS1 and PS2 games. Simple. Cheap. Install Cell so it can play PS3 games. Okay. Not so cheap, but not so expensive either. Plus new hardware. Not so cheap and easy to do, on a console that is rumored to be smaller than the PS3 Slim. Never mind the expense of adding all this in for backwards compatibility.
ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 5:29 PM ( #209 )
Rane-StP

Well, yes, so lets see. Put chip in to play PS1 and PS2 games. Simple. Cheap. Install Cell so it can play PS3 games. Okay. Not so cheap, but not so expensive either. Plus new hardware. Not so cheap and easy to do, on a console that is rumored to be smaller than the PS3 Slim. Never mind the expense of adding all this in for backwards compatibility.

It's supposed to be more advanced than the cell though, is it not? I understand that the cell was a stupid design and is supposedly hard to do anything with, but that's their fault. They should be finding a method that will make it work. Again, I don't see why people are defending this so much. But it is Sony, the only company that can take away features and people will defend it saying "Oh! but they were losing money! It's cheaper for us!" Because think about, you keep saying that they'll keep it under 500. 500 dollars isn't cheap. By any stretch of the imagination. 
<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, February 01, 2013 5:31 PM>

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 5:32 PM ( #210 )
who the hell is happily saying they will spend $600 to $1000 for the console? Dammit, you need to take a debate class, seriously. This ranting and raving of yours will be better utilized if you would stop with the rhetoric and exaggerations and have some sort of basis for your argument. The PS3 is a terrible system, cmon now.. you were doing fine then your throw out statements whose sole purpose is to incite. Tsk tsk, so much potential, yet all wasted on immaturity. You're better than that, and you need to learn to stop exaggerating. Stick to the facts, leave the baseless nonsense out if you want people to actually see your point of view rather than react to it.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 5:34 PM ( #211 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Rane-StP

It's supposed to be more advanced than the cell though, is it not? I understand that the cell was a stupid design and is supposedly hard to do anything with, but that's their fault. They should be finding a method that will make it work. Again, I don't see why people are defending this so much. But it is Sony, the only company that can take away features and people will defend it saying "Oh! but they were losing money! It's cheaper for us!" Because think about, you keep saying that they'll keep it under 500. 500 dollars isn't cheap. By any stretch of the imagination. 

This is where I don't agree. If that is taking time, resources, money, etc. away from them, it's definitely not worth it. 
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 5:36 PM ( #212 )
SmokeyMcBear

who the hell is happily saying they will spend $600 to $1000 for the console? Dammit, you need to take a debate class, seriously. This ranting and raving of yours will be better utilized if you would stop with the rhetoric and exaggerations and have some sort of basis for your argument. The PS3 is a terrible system, cmon now.. you were doing fine then your throw out statements whose sole purpose is to incite. Tsk tsk, so much potential, yet all wasted on immaturity. You're better than that, and you need to learn to stop exaggerating. Stick to the facts, leave the baseless nonsense out if you want people to actually see your point of view rather than react to it.

That's his thing. I'm sure he saw someone write it in jest and that somehow turned into throngs of people saying it.

Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 5:37 PM ( #213 )

But again, as a consumer, I don't care about Sony because their only want is to get my money
ZombieNinjaPanda

UnSelf

I said, from the same family line, it should be able to play previous iterations games. They don't have to, but this should be a ****ing feature by now, a standard. And comparing the PS3 to the 720, again it's nowhere near the same. I'm glad you do admit that you would want this though as a consumer. It makes what I said before false. But it seems that the video game industry is the only industry where standards mean nothing. Everyone is screaming they'd happily pay 600 to 1000 dollars for Sony's new console, but does it have to have Backwards Compatibility? Heavens no.

And honestly, I don't care if it's something it doesn't need to have. I'm saying it should have it. If they want to distinguish themselves from competition there's that. But again, as a consumer, I don't care about Sony because their only want is to get my money. So my only want is to get the most out of a product I'm purchasing.

And what's with this emulation talk? Why should it have to emulate it? Use a chip that can read and run previous games that were based upon the architecture, but I guess that's Sony's fault for making such a terrible system in the first place. Their so called future proofing really meant you won't ever play our games on any other console but this one. 

lol, I imagine that you didn't get a 360 and I won't find you near MS's next console either then. Unless you're just being selective about how they only want your money.  

Rane-StP

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 5:37 PM ( #214 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Rane-StP

I agree, like I said before, backwards compatibility would be great to have on the PS4. Just can't see it happening. And who knows, maybe they did find a way and it'll be in the PS4. And yes I believe they will want to keep it under 500 dollars. I realize it isn't cheap, but it's hella cheaper than the 800 dollars I got my PS3 for at that time. I'm hoping about 425, which I think would be reasonable.

coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 6:02 PM ( #215 )
The Playstation4K

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 6:13 PM ( #216 )
coolbeans

The Playstation4K

Every N4G member's pipe dream. 

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 6:25 PM ( #217 )
SmokeyMcBear

Goddamit smokey do you even read the own site you moderate or no? There's hundreds of comments on the front page of people willing to pay that much. You think I over-exaggerate? I parrot EXACTLY what is said on this own website. So get the hell outta here with this crap. 

And where the **** did I say it was a terrible system? I said it's hard as hell to code for and that's sony's fault. **** now you're putting words in my sentences that I don't even say.  Man I need to take a debate class? You clearly need to get some glasses because you have a pair of dysfunctional eyes seeing things that aren't there.

@Whoop

I sure as hell don't have a 360. And yes I'm being very selective right now. When a News Four Gamers turns into Circle Jerk Sony's wang all the time you really get tired of it. It's the exact reason why I bitch about that ****hole known as reddit. A circle-jerk 24/7.

<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, February 01, 2013 6:29 PM>

MattyG

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 6:44 PM ( #218 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

SmokeyMcBear

Goddamit smokey do you even read the own site you moderate or no? There's hundreds of comments on the front page of people willing to pay that much. You think I over-exaggerate? I parrot EXACTLY what is said on this own website. So get the hell outta here with this crap. 

And where the **** did I say it was a terrible system? I said it's hard as hell to code for and that's sony's fault. **** now you're putting words in my sentences that I don't even say.  Man I need to take a debate class? You clearly need to get some glasses because you have a pair of dysfunctional eyes seeing things that aren't there.

Here

ZombieNinjaPanda

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 6:50 PM ( #219 )
So you're telling me you cannot use context clues to understand what I was talking about in the previous sentence? 

MattyG

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 6:54 PM ( #220 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

So you're telling me you cannot use context clues to understand what I was talking about in the previous sentence? 

Don't talk down to me, I can "use context clues". But how does you saying it's a terrible system in reference to the architecture make it any different from saying it's a terrible system period? 
<message edited by MattyG on Friday, February 01, 2013 6:56 PM>

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 11 of 106, messages 201 to 220 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread