PS4 |OT| Four Kaz

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 106, messages 101 to 120 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
  • Reward points : 0
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 9:55 AM ( #101 )
MattyG

Kon

It will be the first time that a Sony console is more powerful if these sources are right. Time will tell.

When an Xbox runs a better looking game than Uncharted, Killzone or GoW3 then we'll talk. 

Awww man, you fell for it. 

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 9:58 AM ( #102 )
Rage_S90

Kon

It will be the first time that a Sony console is more powerful if these sources are right. Time will tell.

You're trying to hard now, give it a rest. 

He's right though. The PS1 and PS2 were among the least powerful pieces of hardware in their respective generations, and the PS3 floats around the 360's level, occasionally dipping over and under it in terms of title performance. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Observationally, the statement I quoted does hold as being something new if indeed true. And that'd be cool, as I've already got my Wii U and would want something powerful to accompany it (aside from my PC. I always buy a console to use in tandem with whatever I'm playing on PC).
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 9:59 AM>
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:00 AM ( #103 )
Rage_S90

MattyG

Kon

When an Xbox runs a better looking game than Uncharted, Killzone or GoW3 then we'll talk. 

Awww man, you fell for it. 

Oh well, I knew he was trolling (not very well). Just thought it should be said haha. 

Convas

• Total Posts : 2484
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:01 AM ( #104 )
Satanas

Rage_S90

Kon

You're trying to hard now, give it a rest. 

He's right though. The PS1 and PS2 were among the least powerful pieces of hardware in their respective generations, and the PS3 floats around the 360's level, occasionally dipping over and under it in terms of title performance. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Observationally, the statement I quoted does hold as being something new if indeed true. And that'd be cool, as I've already got my Wii U and would want something powerful to accompany it (aside from my PC. I always buy a console to use in tandem with whatever I'm playing on PC).

Santanas

Wut r yu doing? Facts? Truth?

Santanas

STAHP
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
Rage_S90

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:02 AM ( #105 )
Satanas

No, I'm pretty sure the PS2 was the most powerful console at it's release. Same for the PS1, but i can't remember properly that far back. 

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:02 AM ( #106 )
Convas

Santanas

Santanas

STAHP

Damn...um....HAZE GOTY LAIR GOTY

Phew. I have redeemed myself.

Rage_S90

No, I'm pretty sure the PS2 was the most powerful console at it's release. Same for the PS1, but i can't remember properly that far back.  

In what is dubbed the "Sixth generation of home video game consoles", the PS2 was the weakest system. The PS1 was similarly outperformed by the N64.

Edit: The DC may have been weaker than the PS2, but that doesn't change the fact that Kon's statement is valid. Unless by "more powerful" he meant "more powerful than at least one other console in the same generation" rather than "more powerful than the other consoles in the same generation". I am interpreting his words to mean the latter.  

<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 10:08 AM>
Rage_S90

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:07 AM ( #107 )
Satanas

Convas

Santanas

Santanas

STAHP

Rage_S90

In what is dubbed the "Sixth generation of home video game consoles", the PS2 was the weakest system. The PS1 was similarly outperformed by the N64.

Yes, but you see, their competion came out 2 years later, so yeah of course their going to be more powerful, that's just how technology moves. 

Edit: Kon's statement is invalid because the PS3 is more powerful then the 360, it may only be by a little, but it is. 
<message edited by Rage_S90 on Friday, February 01, 2013 10:08 AM>

MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:07 AM ( #108 )
Satanas

Convas

Santanas

Santanas

STAHP

buT HaZ3 wuZ teh hAl0 k1LL3r!

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:09 AM ( #109 )
Rage_S90

Yes, but you see, their competion came out 2 years later, so yeah of course their going to be more powerful, that's just how technology moves. 

Edit: Kon's statement is invalid because the PS3 is more powerful then the 360, it may only be by a little, but it is. 

Regardless, his statement is still correct.

I mean, the PS3 came after the 360 but was not markedly stronger than it (from a non-fanboy glazed perspective). Bear in mind that I am not actually really all too keen on the 360 (I decided against buying one myself, as the title I was interested in [Banjo Kazooie 3] is a game that I refuse to acknowledge). I'm just stating things objectively.

The PS3 is not objectively more powerful than the 360 because of its haphazard RAM situation.
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 10:11 AM>
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:17 AM ( #110 )
Rage_S90

Satanas

Convas

Santanas

Santanas

STAHP

Rage_S90

IT WASN'T NEXT GEN UNTIL THE COMPETITION'S CONSOLE CAME OUT. PS1 CONFIRMED LAST GEN TRASH PS2 CONFIRMED LAST GEN MUNICIPAL WASTE.

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:20 AM ( #111 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

IT WASN'T NEXT GEN UNTIL THE COMPETITION'S CONSOLE CAME OUT. PS1 CONFIRMED LAST GEN TRASH PS2 CONFIRMED LAST GEN MUNICIPAL WASTE.

"No one remembers me" exclaimed the Sega Saturn, as it died.
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:20 AM ( #112 )
Rage_S90

Satanas

The most powerful was the Gamecube, then the Xbox, the PS2 had the weakest specs. 

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:22 AM ( #113 )
Eiffel

Rage_S90

Satanas

The most powerful was the Gamecube, then the Xbox, the PS2 had the weakest specs. 

The Xbox was more powerful IIRC. You couldn't get Ninja Gaiden Black running on Gamecube - and it was a trickier system to work with as well.
Rage_S90

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:23 AM ( #114 )
Eiffel

When the PS2 was released, dreamcast was the only other console on the market. Also wut at Gamecube being more powerful then xbox, that is some good sh*t your smoking. 

Edit: I'm not denying that PS2 was weaker, all I'm trying to get at is Sony do not release weak hardware, It's only perceived that way because they release first. 
<message edited by Rage_S90 on Friday, February 01, 2013 10:26 AM>

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:27 AM ( #115 )
Eiffel

The xbox was much more capable than the Gamecube, the people on the gamecube just knew how to utilize it better, why it got such great looking titles and timeless ones that still look great today like Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin etc.

In terms of power it went Xb0x > Gamecube >>> Ps2

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:27 AM ( #116 )
Rage_S90

Eiffel

When the PS2 was released, dreamcast was the only other console on the market. Also wut at Gamecube being more powerful then xbox, that is some good sh*t your smoking. 

Ok, now I remember. The Gamecube's processor was supposedly better, and its RAM was clocked higher. However, the Xbox had the definitive GPU of that generation, and it had more RAM to compensate (64 vs 40 MB, which ended up edging out the GC). Lol at 64 MB ram... thinking about that now is funny.

Also, the GC was limited by its use of those mini-DVD things and games suffered from (audio) compression

Edit: I'm not denying that PS2 was weaker, all I'm trying to get at is Sony do not release weak hardware, It's only perceived that way because they release first.

Well, what we're getting at is they've never released the "definitive" hardware in terms of sheer power for any generation they've been a part of. They have released definitive hardware under other categories, like overall most supported platform (PS1, PS2)
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 10:29 AM>
Eiffel

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:27 AM ( #117 )
Rage_S90

Eiffel

Satanas

Eiffel

Rage_S90

Satanas

The Xbox was more powerful IIRC. You couldn't get Ninja Gaiden Black running on Gamecube - and it was a trickier system to work with as well.

The Gamecube was never used to it's full potential, spec wise it out performed both the Xbox and PS2. Very few developers took advantage of the Gamecube. A good example would be how it performed with third party titles. You can compare RE4 on the Gamecube and PS2 and clearly see the vast difference. A lot of people like to believe the PS2 was more powerful, but these same people think more space on a blu-ray disc equals better graphics. 

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:29 AM ( #118 )
Eiffel

The Gamecube was never used to it's full potential, spec wise it out performed both the Xbox and PS2. Very few developers took advantage of the Gamecube. A good example would be how it performed with third party titles. You can compare RE4 on the Gamecube and PS2 and clearly see the vast difference. A lot of people like to believe the PS2 was more powerful, but these same people think more space on a blu-ray disc equals better graphics. 

This isn't true, read my above post. The Xbox GPU was the clear best, and the GC was limited because of a RAM deficiency.

As for the PS2 being weaker than the GC, this is commonly known and accepted by most. By those who matter, anyway
Rage_S90

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:32 AM ( #119 )
Eiffel

Eiffle i don't know what you're on but RE4 was never released on the xbox so i don't know how you came to that conclusion, the PS2 is known to be weaker. Xbox could even do 720p if i recall. 

Eiffel

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:33 AM ( #120 )
Rage_S90

Eiffel

Eiffle i don't know what you're on but RE4 was never released on the xbox so i don't know how you came to that conclusion, the PS2 is known to be weaker. Xbox could even do 720p if i recall. 

Eiffel

You can compare RE4 on the Gamecube and PS2   

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 106, messages 101 to 120 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread