PS4 |OT| Four Kaz

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 106, messages 121 to 140 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
  • Reward points : 0
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:38 AM ( #121 )
Eiffel

Rage_S90

Eiffel

The Gamecube was never used to it's full potential, spec wise it out performed both the Xbox and PS2. Very few developers took advantage of the Gamecube. A good example would be how it performed with third party titles. You can compare RE4 on the Gamecube and PS2 and clearly see the vast difference. A lot of people like to believe the PS2 was more powerful, but these same people think more space on a blu-ray disc equals better graphics. 

Eiffle i don't know what you're on but RE4 was never released on the xbox so i don't know how you came to that conclusion, the PS2 is known to be weaker. Xbox could even do 720p if i recall. 

Eiffel

You can compare RE4 on the Gamecube and PS2   

Yes, but how does that make Gamecube more powerfull then Xbox?

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 10:39 AM ( #122 )
Eiffel

Rage_S90

Eiffel

The Gamecube was never used to it's full potential, spec wise it out performed both the Xbox and PS2. Very few developers took advantage of the Gamecube. A good example would be how it performed with third party titles. You can compare RE4 on the Gamecube and PS2 and clearly see the vast difference. A lot of people like to believe the PS2 was more powerful, but these same people think more space on a blu-ray disc equals better graphics. 

Eiffle i don't know what you're on but RE4 was never released on the xbox so i don't know how you came to that conclusion, the PS2 is known to be weaker. Xbox could even do 720p if i recall. 

He meant, how could you draw that conclusion (GC>Xbox) if the game you're using to draw said conclusion wasn't on one of the consoles.

As I'd said, the Xbox outperformed everything that generation because of its RAM size and GPU (NV2A). It also had a high-capacity (well, high at the time) harddisk which was something incredibly, incredibly novel at the time when it came to home consoles.

The benchmark I use myself is Ninja Gaiden Black. It absolutely slays whatever I'd played on the other home consoles of that generation, both in the graphics and gameplay department (though the latter is obviously subjective).
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 10:48 AM>
Solid_Snake

• Total Posts : 2620
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 11:26 AM ( #123 )
I dont see how there is any question whether tje xbox was more "powerful" than the gamecube. Its inheritantly unfair to use exclusives as examples but jade empire by bioware was probably the single most impressive game. It was a pretty big rpg and was an amazing looking game with deep playing mechanics. Generally speaking, consoles that come later are more powerful. 

OT, the specs for the ps4 are impressive for a console. Yes, a pc will always beat a console. Pc's and consoles arent built for the same reason. Bit console wise, the ps4 looks like a good move by sony. Its easy to develop, with decent specs, and high speed ram - which is probably tje biggest feature. If new rumors are correct and sony matched MS 8 gb of ram, and still kept higher speed, wow
MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE
Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:10 PM ( #124 )
http://www.edge-online.co...laystation-4-revealed/

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita’s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.

Sony has already earned an enormous amount of goodwill among studios working with PS4 development hardware. Privately, Sony representatives have conceded that the company made a mistake in creating such esoteric architecture for PS3, and its strategy for PS4 gives developers more opportunities this time around, notably because the hardware is much more PC-like in its makeup than PS3.

We have confirmed with sources that recently leaked tech specs are accurate. Though Durango devkits offer 8GB of DDR3 RAM, compared to Orbis’s 4GB, Sony’s GDDR5 solution is capable of moving data at 176 gigabytes per second, which should eliminate the sort of bottlenecks that hampered PS3 game performance. Importantly, we’ve learned that Sony has told developers that it is pushing for the final PS4 RAM to match up to Microsoft’s 8GB. 

Both platforms are driven by eight-core AMD CPUs clocked at 1.6GHz, with Microsoft opting for a D3D11.x GPU from an unknown source and Sony utilising a more capable solution in AMD’s ‘R10XX’ architecture, alongside the so-called ‘Liverpool’ system-on-chip. 

It’s clear Sony has designed a system that, on paper, outperforms Microsoft’s next Xbox. One source familiar with both platforms tells us that in real terms Sony’s console is “slightly more powerful” and “very simple to work with”. 

Ultimately, the performance differences between the two consoles will have as much bearing on multiplatform releases as the differences between PS3 and 360 – very little – but Sony will be expecting big-budget firstparty releases such as the PS4 Uncharted sequel to demonstrate its console’s superiority.

<message edited by Whoooop on Friday, February 01, 2013 12:12 PM>

redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:12 PM ( #125 )

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:18 PM ( #126 )

Most substance will win? So the company with more exclusives?  
<message edited by MattyG on Friday, February 01, 2013 12:23 PM>

UnSelf

• Total Posts : 2569
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:22 PM ( #127 )
redDevil87

How many jobs will i need to buy a PS4?

Convas

• Total Posts : 2484
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:32 PM ( #128 )
MattyG

Man, just a little tease and ya'll have gone off the deep end.

We'll be back to 2006 era fights by the middle of next week.
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
UnSelf

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:33 PM ( #129 )
Satanas

Rage_S90

Yes, but you see, their competion came out 2 years later, so yeah of course their going to be more powerful, that's just how technology moves. 

Edit: Kon's statement is invalid because the PS3 is more powerful then the 360, it may only be by a little, but it is. 

Regardless, his statement is still correct.

I mean, the PS3 came after the 360 but was not markedly stronger than it (from a non-fanboy glazed perspective). Bear in mind that I am not actually really all too keen on the 360 (I decided against buying one myself, as the title I was interested in [Banjo Kazooie 3] is a game that I refuse to acknowledge). I'm just stating things objectively.

The PS3 is not objectively more powerful than the 360 because of its haphazard RAM situation.

By objective, I'm guessin you mean technical. So technically no, neither is the most powerful but thats irrelevant.

Until a 3rd person shooter looks better than Uncharted

An action hack and slash looks better than God of War 3

Or a FPS look better than killzone 3, emerges from the 360, then technically the 360 is inferior. There's the wheel, have fun spinning.

Irishguy95

• Total Posts : 582
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:36 PM ( #130 )
Shouldn't the Ps3 be equal in 'ram'? Just that it's not used as well as the 360?
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:38 PM ( #131 )
Convas

MattyG

Man, just a little tease and ya'll have gone off the deep end.

We'll be back to 2006 era fights by the middle of next week.

Hahah I know, didn't mean it in a troll-y way. Just thought it was funny that this MS "insider" was trying to put MS next gen system in a good light and kinda bashed his own company in the process. MS would be smart to just keep their mouth shut until they've revealed something.

-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:47 PM ( #132 )
UnSelf

redDevil87

How many jobs will i need to buy a PS4?

The clue was right in-front of us, All Along.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 12:50 PM ( #133 )
Irishguy95

Shouldn't the Ps3 be equal in 'ram'? Just that it's not used as well as the 360?

I didn't say it had less RAM. But it has a RAM issue, which is that 512 MB RAM on the 360 is dynamically shared whereas the PS3 is 256/256, which is commonly cited as something that has to be overcome by developers.

By objective, I'm guessin you mean technical. So technically no, neither is the most powerful but thats irrelevant.  

It's very relevant.
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 12:51 PM>
Jigolo

• Total Posts : 13
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 1:06 PM ( #134 )
Don't know if it will be more powerful than the xbox3, but one thing is confirmed. PS4 will have much better and a more variety of games than the xbox3. 
Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 1:11 PM ( #135 )
Jigolo

Don't know if it will be more powerful than the xbox3, but one thing is confirmed. PS4 will have much better and a more variety of games than the xbox3. 

I'd love to know how you could make such a conclusion. Tell me, have you the gift of foreknowledge? Then answer me this, will a Valkyria Chronicles title ever come to a home console again? I'll smite you if your answer is "No, but there will be one on the Vita"
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15453
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 1:14 PM ( #136 )
Satanas

ZombieNinjaPanda

IT WASN'T NEXT GEN UNTIL THE COMPETITION'S CONSOLE CAME OUT. PS1 CONFIRMED LAST GEN TRASH PS2 CONFIRMED LAST GEN MUNICIPAL WASTE.

"No one remembers me" exclaimed the Sega Saturn, as it died.

Thats cause they announced it and released it on the same day...  no one knew about it???
[ali
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 1:16 PM ( #137 )
Jigolo

Don't know if it will be more powerful than the xbox3, but one thing is confirmed. PS4 will have much better and a more variety of games than the xbox3

What? Who confirmed this? God or something?

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 1:17 PM ( #138 )
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Satanas

ZombieNinjaPanda

IT WASN'T NEXT GEN UNTIL THE COMPETITION'S CONSOLE CAME OUT. PS1 CONFIRMED LAST GEN TRASH PS2 CONFIRMED LAST GEN MUNICIPAL WASTE.

"No one remembers me" exclaimed the Sega Saturn, as it died.

Thats cause they announced it and released it on the same day...  no one knew about it???

Haha I'm not defending the Saturn, or the 3DO for that matter, just pointing out that they did precede the PS1 in that generation. But they were both terrible

UnSelf

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 1:40 PM ( #139 )
Satanas

Irishguy95

I didn't say it had less RAM. But it has a RAM issue, which is that 512 MB RAM on the 360 is dynamically shared whereas the PS3 is 256/256, which is commonly cited as something that has to be overcome by developers.

It's very relevant.

I'm waiting for you to repost the rest of my convo. Damn why did I...... Now ur just gonna repost " for you to"
<message edited by UnSelf on Friday, February 01, 2013 1:43 PM>

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 1:44 PM ( #140 )
Lol, found this article on Yahoo news.
http://games.yahoo.com/bl...4-month-180041980.html

Skip the article since it is garbage but go down and read the comments of the yahoo users. They are stupider than the front pagers on this site.

Most are just butthurt about a possible lack of backwards compatibility.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 106, messages 121 to 140 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread