PS4 |OT| Four Kaz

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 106, messages 141 to 160 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Jigolo

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 1:58 PM ( #141 )
PS3 confirmed what I said, boys.

PS3:
GOW, KZ, Resistance, All-Stars, Infamous, Motorstorm, LBP, Journey, Uncharted, Sly, R&C. Do I really need to go on?

360:
Halo, Gears, Forza
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 1:59 PM ( #142 )
TheNocturnus

Lol, found this article on Yahoo news.
http://games.yahoo.com/bl...4-month-180041980.html

Skip the article since it is garbage but go down and read the comments of the yahoo users. They are stupider than the front pagers on this site.

Most are just butthurt about a possible lack of backwards compatibility.

Realistic discussion here:

No backwards compatibility is a huge dealbreaker for many people. It'd be the second console Sony is selling that doesn't allow people to play games from previous systems and that's frankly bull****. 

Not sure what's with all the comments about restricting used games though.

Jigolo

PS3: 
GOW, KZ, Resistance, All-Stars, Infamous, Motorstorm, LBP, Journey, Uncharted, Sly, R&C. Do I really need to go on? 

360: 
Halo, Gears, Forza 

Halo became crap. Gears I don't like. Forza is a decent racing game. GOW is decent. Killzone is mediocre. Resistance is fun but dead. Insomniac are moving on. All-Stars was crap. Infamous was decent. LPB is great. Journey was a nice 2 hour title. Uncharted is overrated. Sly is amazing. I love Ratchet and Clank but it needs to die. Do I really need to go on? 
<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, February 01, 2013 2:02 PM>

Jigolo

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:19 PM ( #143 )
Well that settles that. The variety of games will on the PS4 will be much higher than Xbox3. Whether you like the games or not is your opinion. 

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:25 PM ( #144 )
Jigolo

Well that settles that. The variety of games will on the PS4 will be much higher than Xbox3. Whether you like the games or not is your opinion. 

"I'm going to name a bunch of crappy games on one console, and a couple crappy more games on another console. Clearly the other console has more crappy games, therefore it is better!"

So can you tell me the lottery numbers? I'd like to be rich. I'll give you 10,000 dollars as a reward once I'm rich.

Irishguy95

• Total Posts : 578
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:28 PM ( #145 )
I wish all those Franchises just stapped and new franchises came in.
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4402
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:31 PM ( #146 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

No backwards compatibility is a huge dealbreaker for many people. It'd be the second console Sony is selling that doesn't allow people to play games from previous systems and that's frankly bull****. 

Who cares if it is backwards compatible? I buy new consoles to play new games. If you are so worried about playing your old games, then keep your old consoles.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3345
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:32 PM ( #147 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

"I'm going to name a bunch of crappy games on one console, and a couple crappy more games on another console. Clearly the other console has more crappy games, therefore it is better!"

I do agree with Jiholo's point that YOU think those games are crap, that's your opinion. Many gamers love them. Does it mean that the Playstation has a less wide variety of games because you find some of them to be bad? No, they just have less games you like. It is a fact that Sony has more active  exclusive series than MS. Now, if he had named universally panned games like Lair or Haze then yeah, he's wrong, but he didn't. I'm not saying I completely agree with everything he said though.
<message edited by MattyG on Friday, February 01, 2013 2:44 PM>

Jigolo

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:33 PM ( #148 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Jigolo

So can you tell me the lottery numbers? I'd like to be rich. I'll give you 10,000 dollars as a reward once I'm rich.

Like I said, it's your opinion. I don't think all those games are crappy. I don't have some of them but I don't think they are crappy by any means. They just don't interest me. Like Halo, it's fun but not something I would spend money on.

Still nothing I said in my original post was false.
Rane-StP

• Total Posts : 320
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:37 PM ( #149 )
TheNocturnus

Who cares if it is backwards compatible? I buy new consoles to play new games. If you are so worried about playing your old games, then keep your old consoles. 
Agreed. And what people don't seem to understand as of yet, for reasons that confound me, the PS4 will not be backwards compatible.

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:38 PM ( #150 )
Jigolo

Like I said, it's your opinion. I don't think all those games are crappy. I don't have some of them but I don't think they are crappy by any means. They just don't interest me. Like Halo, it's fun but not something I would spend money on. 

Still nothing I said in my original post was false. 

Everything you said in your post was false. Everything. In fact the only reason I responded the way I did because your first post on the ****ing forums was fanboy drivel normally seen on the front page. So please keep it there, or tell me the lottery numbers because you think you're some Houdini fortune teller. 

Also here you go: List of exclusives for every console. You can clearly see there's more than just Halo, Forza, and Gears but I suppose those games are only brought up constantly because they actually sell numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...on)#Microsoft_Xbox_360

TheNocturnus

I understand you don't mind giving your entire paycheck to companies while they **** you over with terrible business practices, but many people out there don't think that way. I'd understand if it couldn't play Ps2 games at least but if not even Ps3 games that's just stupid. It'd be the equivalent of every time you update your PC you cannot play a game that came out 4 years ago.
<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, February 01, 2013 2:43 PM>

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4402
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:47 PM ( #151 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

I understand you don't mind giving your entire paycheck to companies while they **** you over with terrible business practices, but many people out there don't think that way. I'd understand if it couldn't play Ps2 games at least but if not even Ps3 games that's just stupid. It'd be the equivalent of every time you update your PC you cannot play a game that came out 4 years ago.

Why should they make their new machine play games from their old machine? I considered it a bonus that the PS2 played PS1 games and at first the PS3 played PS2 games. How many times did I use this feature? Zero times.

Technology advances and why should they spend money fitting old tech in their new console. That money would be better spent making the new machine that much better.

Why is it such a big deal to keep your old console for your old games?

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
Rane-StP

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:52 PM ( #152 )
That and it comes down to economics. How much are people willing to spend on this new console? Certainly not what they were with the PS3. Add in backwards compatibility, well, lets raise the price of the PS4 then...Don't think so.

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:55 PM ( #153 )
TheNocturnus

Why should they make their new machine play games from their old machine? I considered it a bonus that the PS2 played PS1 games and at first the PS3 played PS2 games. How many times did I use this feature? Zero times. 

Technology advances and why should they spend money fitting old tech in their new console. That money would be better spent making the new machine that much better.

Why is it such a big deal to keep your old console for your old games?

Because I don't feel like having 6 consoles set up next to each other whenever I want to jump and play a few different games. It's why it was great that the Wii could play Gamecube games and great that the 360 could play Xbox games. Super convenient, and you didn't have to unplug then plug back in each system whenever you wanted to switch games. It was great at first with the Ps3 but then they started taking away features. Not to mention the Ps3 was able to play my games that the Ps2 couldn't read any longer. Another good reason. So that way all you had to do was buy a memory card adapter, possibly a PS2 controller adapter (seriously, controllers are absurdly expensive) and you were away enjoying your old games.

And if technology advances, why is the technology so **** that it can't play games that were supposedly made on inferior technology? That says something about the technology doesn't it?

And glad to know you played it zero times. I and many people I know have used it MANY times. Plus a ps2 game into the ps3 and play. Wanna play some Halo 2 on the 360? PLAY. Wanna play Jak and Daxter on the ps3..oh sorry, you have to have the system that has BC...tough luck. 

But iirc, you're one of the few people on the forums that refuse to return to games from previous gens. Stupid and silly because previous generation games are of much higher quality, content wise than a lot that we've gotten today. It's just graphics you seem concerned about, ironically.

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11793
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 2:59 PM ( #154 )
TheNocturnus

ZombieNinjaPanda

Because naturally the tech on these things now are built to last right? The major reason people want backwards compatibility is because they don't want to be that guy at the flee market looking for a working model. 

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:01 PM ( #155 )
Jigolo

PS3:

360:
Halo, Gears, Forza

Extremely subjective. I've crossed out titles I wouldn't have included there as they are not as impactful to the point you're trying to make. I can't help the 360 win this one because I don't own or want one, therefore I don't know a good chunk of its library, but surely you have to realize that the same can likely be said for you, and that you just chose three popular titles at random. A 360 owner would easily be able to make a list with only those PS3 titles I did not cross out and add 360 exclusives they believe to be worthy - for example, I guarantee you don't know most of the games on this list, and they're all very likely great.

The same way that Ni no Kuni and Valkyria Chronicles are excellent PS3 titles that I'm sure many 360 owners are unaware of. Unless you own both consoles and have played an adequate amount of games on both, it's clear you're unable to make that call

As for BC, I cared about it because I didn't want to stick with my old, dying and fat PS3. But it died and I had to buy a new superslim. It's nice, sleek, and white. So now I don't care about BC, lol. But I completely understand where those who want it are coming from. Having this many consoles just takes up way too much room. I guess I'm actually happy I have this much slimmer PS3 as I save a lot of space
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:04 PM>
Convas

• Total Posts : 2466
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:02 PM ( #156 )
You guys defending non-BC are amusing. 

Would you by an iPod that didn't support your 1000+ song collection? 

Why is it that tech companies are obligated to make sure that hardware is backwards compatible, IE, USB 3.0 working in 2.0 ports, PCI-E 3.0 working in 2.0 ports, etc, yet somehow, consoles shouldn't need to be BC. 

Toss that. Just like there are gamers who don't think that some of Sony's exclusives are "crap", there are also consumers who like being able to play old system games on new systems. Seems like a bit of a double standard to say "Well, I and others appreciate Sony's 1st Party offerings" yet the people who want to play PS3 games on PS4 should be overlooked?
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:02 PM ( #157 )
There will be no backward compatibility, thanks to people complaining about how difficult the PS3 was to develop for they completely switched the architecture.  Even the most high end PC can't emulate the cell so you can say goodbye to emulation possibilities. The other option would be to put cell just for bc, but the problem is it raises board complexity, so it's not feasible, not to mention the GPU was Nvidia, which could mean licensing issues, and emulation issues.  

Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:04 PM ( #158 )
For me BC is a commodity, a convenience.  It's a great addition, but not a necessity.  If it supports it then awesome since you can play older games and put away the previous console and if it doesn't then you can play them on the console you already own.  I for one don't care about BC because once I invest on a new console, I spend my entire time on it.

Rane-StP

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:04 PM ( #159 )
Mind you Sony acquired that cloud based streaming. If they could get the issues worked out on, using that for past console games then it'd be possible. Most likely at an extra cost.
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:04 PM ( #160 )
Satanas

Jigolo

PS3:

360:
Halo, Gears, Forza

Extremely subjective. I've crossed out titles I wouldn't have included there as they are not as impactful to the point you're trying to make. I can't help the 360 win this one because I don't own or want one, therefore I don't know a good chunk of its library, but surely you have to realize that the same can likely be said for you, and that you just chose three popular titles at random. A 360 owner would easily be able to make a list with only those PS3 titles I did not cross out and add 360 exclusives they believe to be worthy - for example, I guarantee you don't know most of the games on this list, and they're all very likely great.

The same way that Ni no Kuni and Valkyria Chronicles are excellent PS3 titles that I'm sure many 360 owners are unaware of. Unless you own both consoles and have played an adequate amount of games on both, it's clear you're unable to make that call

Ummmm, you crossed out Journey? GOTY winner Journey. I am offended. 

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 106, messages 141 to 160 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 10 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread