PS4 |OT| Four Kaz

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 106, messages 161 to 180 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
  • Reward points : 0
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:05 PM ( #161 )
Satanas

Jigolo

PS3 confirmed what I said, boys.

PS3:
GOW, KZ, Resistance, All-Stars, Infamous, Motorstorm, LBP, Journey, Uncharted, Sly, R&C. Do I really need to go on?

360:
Halo, Gears, Forza

Extremely subjective. I've crossed out titles I wouldn't have included there as they are not as impactful to the point you're trying to make. I can't help the 360 win this one because I don't own or want one, therefore I don't know a good chunk of its library, but surely you have to realize that the same can likely be said for you, and that you just chose three popular titles at random. A 360 owner would easily be able to make a list with only those PS3 titles I did not cross out and add 360 exclusives they believe to be worthy - for example, I guarantee you don't know most of the games on this list, and they're all very likely great.

The same way that Ni no Kuni and Valkyria Chronicles are excellent PS3 titles that I'm sure many 360 owners are unaware of. Unless you own both consoles and have played an adequate amount of games on both, it's clear you're unable to make that call

As for BC, I cared about it because I didn't want to stick with my old, dying and fat PS3. But it died and I had to buy a new superslim. It's nice, sleek, and white. So now I don't care about BC, lol. But I completely understand where those who want it are coming from. Having this many consoles just takes up way too much room. I guess I'm actually happy I have this much slimmer PS3 as I save a lot of space

Heavy Armor Steel Battalion and Fable the Journey are on that list. Your argument  is invalid. (Just kidding. Kind of.)
<message edited by MattyG on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:06 PM>

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:06 PM ( #162 )
Honestly if we're gonna follow traditions of launch consoles. I'm betting the PS4 and 720 will be held together with adhesive strips and chewed gum, just like carnival rides that are put together by alcoholics and schizophrenic hicks. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:08 PM>

Rane-StP

• Total Posts : 320
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:07 PM ( #163 )
Eiffel

Honestly if we're gonna follow traditions of launch consoles. I'm betting the PS4 and 720 will be held together with adhesive strips and chewed gum, just like carnival rides hat are put together by alcoholics. 
That's why I'll wait a bit before buying one.

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:07 PM ( #164 )
Rage_S90

Ummmm, you crossed out Journey? GOTY winner Journey. I am offended. 

You're missing the point. The point was, if I asked a 360 owner to make me a list of good PS3 exclusives (equivalent to a PS3 owner spitting out "Halo/Gears/Forza" for the 360) do you honestly think they'd be like JOURNEY!

They wouldn't. They probably don't even know what it is. The same way that you can't know what great titles lurk on XBL if you don't have an Xbox.

Honestly if we're gonna follow traditions of launch consoles. I'm betting the PS4 and 720 will be held together with adhesive strips and chewed gum, just like carnival rides hat are put together by alcoholics.

Right now this is what I fear most. The better technology gets, the more corners are cut to reduce cost.
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:09 PM>
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:10 PM ( #165 )
Whoooop

For me BC is a commodity, a convenience.  It's a great addition, but not a necessity.  If it supports it then awesome since you can play older games and put away the previous console and if it doesn't then you can play them on the console you already own.  I for one don't care about BC because once I invest on a new console, I spend my entire time on it.

Well said. I for one will be keeping my PS3, because I'm not going to ditch it for what, $50? I understand that people who didn't buy a PS3 might want to play PS3 games on their PS4, but it seems like just another thing for people to complain about. Sure, it'd be nice to have BC, but I'll be buying a next gen system to play next gen games, same as how I bought my PS3 to play current gen games.

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:11 PM ( #166 )
Convas

You guys defending non-BC are amusing. 

Would you by an iPod that didn't support your 1000+ song collection? 

Why is it that tech companies are obligated to make sure that hardware is backwards compatible, IE, USB 3.0 working in 2.0 ports, PCI-E 3.0 working in 2.0 ports, etc, yet somehow, consoles shouldn't need to be BC. 

Toss that. Just like there are gamers who don't think that some of Sony's exclusives are "crap", there are also consumers who like being able to play old system games on new systems. Seems like a bit of a double standard to say "Well, I and others appreciate Sony's 1st Party offerings" yet the people who want to play PS3 games on PS4 should be overlooked?

Perfect argument, yet ignored by everyone saying "it's a convenience"
No, it's not a convenience. It should be a standard. If I was a nutcase fanboy I'd be crying SDF right now.

@Smokey
What? The 360 can play xbox games, at least most of them from what we've tried.
<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:14 PM>

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:13 PM ( #167 )
its easy to defend non BC consoles, just look at all the arguments from 2006 with the xbox 360. edit..aw crap, was thinking of something else.
<message edited by SmokeyMcBear on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:24 PM>

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:16 PM ( #168 )
The people who do not care for BC must not like keeping collections I suppose. I do, I try to keep games I really enjoyed as I revisit them

The problem isn't that I can keep my PS3. The problem is the PS3 is built to die, if you have a launch one. So you'll probably have to replace it before you can bust it out again. No longer a problem with the superslim...I hope...so now I'm good either way. 

Having said that, BC won't make or break anything. It's just a huge bonus to current PS3 owners, especially older models
Rane-StP

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:16 PM ( #169 )
Backwards compatibility would be nice, I agree, but not holding my breath for it. Though like I said in an earlier post, Sony could utilize that cloud based streaming, so who knows.

At the moment I'm more worried about the announcement for what it looks like, the specs on it and price.  That and this new controller has my interest piqued. 
<message edited by Rane-StP on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:18 PM>
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:20 PM ( #170 )
DS lost BC, and in fact DS Lite also played games that the old DS couldn't, since they added online. Point is, all companies have done it. I'd love for there to be BC, but it just doesn't look feasible. If you want to buy a console for BC then get an Xbox or a WiiU, end of. 

Satanas

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:21 PM ( #171 )
Rage_S90

DS lost BC, and in fact DS Lite also played games that the old DS couldn't, since they added online. Point is, all companies have done it. I'd love for there to be BC, but it just doesn't look feasible. If you want to buy a console for BC then get an Xbox or a WiiU, end of. 

If the console comes in at a really attractive pricepoint then I think the impact of no BC will blow over. I'm really just hoping we don't get a lol here's ps4 hope u hav $800 (this is how much the launch 60 ended up costing me in Canada)
-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:24 PM ( #172 )
Having 'Bc' will be awesome, but if it doesn't, i won't give a single F**k & it's affect on my decision will be 0%, i mean i still own a PS2, not 1, but 2 100% working PS2's.

Making the next 'BC' means killing the console 'Sony' promised ( Still Stand By It ) to support for 10 years.
<message edited by -Mezzo- on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:27 PM>

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:24 PM ( #173 )
BC may not be an issue in the future for consoles when they go completely digital. (It gonna happen.)

But not before either three resell them to you digitally. 

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:24 PM ( #174 )
@Rane

I'd rather not pay money to be able to play/stream my own games on another console, unless they do what Sony and Nintendo are doing with some games and remaking them with updated graphics, better resolution etc.

@Rage

DS plays DS games, gameboy advance and possibly GBA, idk I never tried. DS lite plays DS games and GBA games.  The 3Ds is apparently backwards compatible from what I'm reading with the regular Nintendo DS. But you're seeming very anti consumer right about now.

@Mezzo

I truly hope there's people like you around if I ever make a product in the future. Loyal people who will purchase it no matter what. It'd make my job SO much easier.
<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:26 PM>

Rage_S90

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:26 PM ( #175 )
Satanas

If the console comes in at a really attractive pricepoint then I think the impact of no BC will blow over. I'm really just hoping we don't get a lol here's ps4 hope u hav $800 (this is how much the launch 60 ended up costing me in Canada)

Nah, I doubt it, I bet on $399 - $450, based on the rumored specs.They don't have anything like blu ray or cell to bumb up the price, although maybe the controller is costly. I think the Vita is a good indication to where the PS4 will go. 

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:27 PM ( #176 )
In order for me to purchase the new console anywhere near the release date, it would need to be backwards compatible. Hell it was one of the reasons I made the jump from the PS2 to the PS3 back in early 07. My PS2 died and had a warranty on it, and they gave me the value I paid for the ps2 ($150) and put it towards a PS3 $600, so my PS3 was only $450, woohoo. If it didnt have that, I would have gotten a ps2, along with GOW2 and would have waited a bit for the PS3. So if the system does not have BC, then I will most likely get it next christmas in 2014. I will be too busy playing the last of us and GTA V this year anyways.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
Solid_Snake

• Total Posts : 2620
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:27 PM ( #177 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Convas

You guys defending non-BC are amusing. 

Would you by an iPod that didn't support your 1000+ song collection? 

Why is it that tech companies are obligated to make sure that hardware is backwards compatible, IE, USB 3.0 working in 2.0 ports, PCI-E 3.0 working in 2.0 ports, etc, yet somehow, consoles shouldn't need to be BC. 

Toss that. Just like there are gamers who don't think that some of Sony's exclusives are "crap", there are also consumers who like being able to play old system games on new systems. Seems like a bit of a double standard to say "Well, I and others appreciate Sony's 1st Party offerings" yet the people who want to play PS3 games on PS4 should be overlooked?

Perfect argument, yet ignored by everyone saying "it's a convenience"
No, it's not a convenience. It should be a standard. If I was a nutcase fanboy I'd be crying SDF right now.

@Smokey
What? The 360 can play xbox games, at least most of them from what we've tried.

Its not a perfect answer. There is a difference. Did people complain that dvd players didnt play vcr tapes, etc.? There are times when the medium allows it (bluray player playing dvds), other times it does not.  Would i prefer it, yes. But its not a necessity. It wouldnt kill my want for it. If you want to play your ps3 games, you can play it on your ps3. Similarly, i play my nes games on my nintendo. If someone never owned a ps3,then they have even less rigjt to complain. Buy yhe collection vwrsion for the ps4. Ive owned two ps3s. One with bc, and one with out it. Ive played a ps2 game on it once. All my ps2 games were played on my ps2

MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:27 PM ( #178 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Because I don't feel like having 6 consoles set up next to each other whenever I want to jump and play a few different games. It's why it was great that the Wii could play Gamecube games and great that the 360 could play Xbox games. Super convenient, and you didn't have to unplug then plug back in each system whenever you wanted to switch games. It was great at first with the Ps3 but then they started taking away features. Not to mention the Ps3 was able to play my games that the Ps2 couldn't read any longer. Another good reason. So that way all you had to do was buy a memory card adapter, possibly a PS2 controller adapter (seriously, controllers are absurdly expensive) and you were away enjoying your old games.

And if technology advances, why is the technology so **** that it can't play games that were supposedly made on inferior technology? That says something about the technology doesn't it?

And glad to know you played it zero times. I and many people I know have used it MANY times. Plus a ps2 game into the ps3 and play. Wanna play some Halo 2 on the 360? PLAY. Wanna play Jak and Daxter on the ps3..oh sorry, you have to have the system that has BC...tough luck. 

But iirc, you're one of the few people on the forums that refuse to return to games from previous gens. Stupid and silly because previous generation games are of much higher quality, content wise than a lot that we've gotten today. It's just graphics you seem concerned about, ironically.

How long does it really take for you to take your PS3 out of a box and hook it up to play some old games? 5 minutes or less? I find it funny that you and many others are crying about a NEW machine not playing OLD games. Besides, i'm sure the PS4 will have 4k remakes of all of the PS3 games like PS3 has HD remakes of all the PS2 games.

Can't you just be happy that the PS4 is finally coming out after 7 very long years. And hopefully the 720 will be coming this year as well, after 8 very, very long years.
Rage_S90

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:28 PM ( #179 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

DS plays DS games, gameboy advance and possibly GBA, idk I never tried. DS lite plays DS games and GBA games.  The 3Ds is apparently backwards compatible from what I'm reading with the regular Nintendo DS. But you're seeming very anti consumer right about now.

Opps, my bad DSi, that's the one i got. It has no GBA slot, but has online, where the others don't. 

Rane-StP

Re:PS4 announcement soon!?! - Friday, February 01, 2013 3:29 PM ( #180 )
Satanas

You and me both. But I am positive Sony is going to try keeping it under 500 CAD. 

@Zombiewhatevertherestofyournameisbecauseit'stoolong... I agree with you there.

<message edited by Rane-StP on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:32 PM>
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 106, messages 161 to 180 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 4 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread