Predict your disappointment

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 72 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:08 PM ( #21 )
holy crap, so many people are saying me3 lol.

ShAkKa

• Total Posts : 5909
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:08 PM ( #22 )
moegooner88

ME3, no doubt about it, ME2 was hell of a game, bt overrated in almost every aspect, story sucked as well

The Last of us, if Naughty Dog is gonna pull an Uncharted 3, and replace the puzzles with lame endless enemy waves, then this will the frst Naught Dog game i don't get on release date

How dare you!

MGS:R
NG3

Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:30 PM ( #23 )
I think it's weird that guy assumes there will be puzzles in the first place.

coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:53 PM ( #24 )
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - This was always a wait and see ordeal with me.  I was interested in grabbing this since I didn't bother with Skyrim, but knew things were up when they're constantly parading the names "Salvatore" and "McFarlane" as if trying to Mind Trick the audience into thinking they weren't a rookie dev. studio.

Twisted Metal - I fail to see anything that makes it remotely as enjoyable as the likes of Cel Damage last gen and other car combat games this gen.

One of the future "core" Kinect titles - That title may be an oxymoron to some, but I certain Kinect games SHOULD appeal to hear-and-there player and the daily/weekly player.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ryse stinks.  Have high hopes to see how Draco turns out.

coolbeans

Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:56 PM ( #25 )
Mr Tretton

I don't think that's directed specifically at 'Last of Us' but rather the process HE believed ND went through with UC3: cutting out more variety.
coolbeans

Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:58 PM ( #26 )
redDevil87

holy crap, so many people are saying me3 lol.

Butterfly effect since the announcement of online co-op.
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:59 PM ( #27 )
coolbeans

Twisted Metal - I fail to see anything that makes it remotely as enjoyable as the likes of Cel Damage last gen and other car combat games this gen.

I don't know how to approach this one, you either like it or you don't. Twisted Metal isn't for everyone. I'm sure Guardian will give a better two cents regarding this. 

Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:02 PM ( #28 )
coolbeans

Mr Tretton

I don't think that's directed specifically at 'Last of Us' but rather the process HE believed ND went through with UC3: cutting out more variety.

-_____-

UC3 has more puzzles then any previous entry though.

coolbeans

Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:14 PM ( #29 )
Rage_S90

coolbeans

Mr Tretton

-_____-

UC3 has more puzzles then any previous entry though.

I agree, UC3's puzzles were the only interesting ones imo.  I'm just analyzing the other poster's statement.
coolbeans

Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:18 PM ( #30 )
Eiffel

coolbeans

I don't know how to approach this one, you either like it or you don't. Twisted Metal isn't for everyone. I'm sure Guardian will give a better two cents regarding this. 

I've played at least one of the older Twisted Metals and throughly enjoyed it.  But after seeing recent gameplay and trailers, it doesn't seem like it has much going for it besides flair and a loud-mouthed creator (how his jackassery still has fans worshipping the ground he walks on is beyond me).  Perhaps there's some info. I've missed on it, but that 'warning light' is still on for me...and I'm 1 for 1 so far.
TheLastGuardian

• Total Posts : 3666
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:42 PM ( #31 )
Eiffel

coolbeans

Nah, I'm tired of trying to convince people of what makes Twisted Metal so great. I'm gonna give it a rest until I play the game for myself.

I've never played Cel Damage or any car combat game this gen (unless you count RAGE MP). I don't really understand where he's coming from. It sounds like he doesn't know very much about the new Twisted Metal to me.

RockmanII7

• Total Posts : 2584
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:46 PM ( #32 )
2012 as a whole is a disappointment for me, only games I'm interested in buying are Mas Effect 3 and Halo 4. I really hope then Gen. 2 3DS gets announced soon so I can buy that.
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:51 PM ( #33 )
coolbeans

Eiffel

coolbeans

I've played at least one of the older Twisted Metals and throughly enjoyed it.  But after seeing recent gameplay and trailers, it doesn't seem like it has much going for it besides flair and a loud-mouthed creator (how his jackassery still has fans worshipping the ground he walks on is beyond me).  Perhaps there's some info. I've missed on it, but that 'warning light' is still on for me...and I'm 1 for 1 so far.

Jaffe in definition is a...oddly directed man. Every industry has those types of people who are oddballs. At times I fail to understand his logic behind what he says and what he does, like his whole departure from his own studio to start a new one, the excuse being he doesn't like micro-managing from 300 miles away. Why he just doesn't ****ing move is beyond me, he has two children and is divorced, don't know if that is a reason behind the complication, but whatever. He's a talented man who like many artists have their own social awkwardness with approach, his work shines, and just like anyone with two cents of criticism, he's very opinionated. Despite which he's directed two of my favorite franchises, and for that I thank him. 

Twisted Metal is a reboot, there are small things here and there. I don't believe it was ever meant to go beyond what older gamers two generations ago come to expect, Twisted Metal from my view is meant to appeal to the older generation to bring back that old very desired nostalgia. 

coolbeans

Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:08 PM ( #34 )
TheLastGuardian

Eiffel

coolbeans

It sounds like he doesn't know very much about the new Twisted Metal to me.

I posted my last statement roughly 20 minutes before yours! It was essentially a hint for you to freely post more features of the game I may have missed from the gameplay trailers/presentations I've seen.
RockmanII7

• Total Posts : 2584
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:18 PM ( #35 )
coolbeans

TheLastGuardian

Eiffel

coolbeans

It sounds like he doesn't know very much about the new Twisted Metal to me.

I posted my last statement roughly 20 minutes before yours! It was essentially a hint for you to freely post more features of the game I may have missed from the gameplay trailers/presentations I've seen.

Cars
coolbeans

Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:18 PM ( #36 )
Eiffel

coolbeans

Eiffel

coolbeans

Jaffe in definition is a...oddly directed man. Every industry has those types of people who are oddballs. At times I fail to understand his logic behind what he says and what he does, like his whole departure from his own studio to start a new one, the excuse being he doesn't like micro-managing from 300 miles away. Why he just doesn't ****ing move is beyond me, he has two children and is divorced, don't know if that is a reason behind the complication, but whatever. He's a talented man who like many artists have their own social awkwardness with approach, his work shines, and just like anyone with two cents of criticism, he's very opinionated. Despite which he's directed two of my favorite franchises, and for that I thank him. 

Twisted Metal is a reboot, there are small things here and there. I don't believe it was ever meant to go beyond what older gamers two generations ago come to expect, Twisted Metal from my view is meant to appeal to the older generation to bring back that old very desired nostalgia. 

It's one thing to appreciate someone's talent; it's another when I've seen dozens of other directors/creators, with just as much talent (imo), deliver their creations with humble admiration for the fans they've created.  But...that's just two seperate ponds, I suppose.

May be the case that I could find to be great then, although I don't like small changes here and there when I feel there's a chance at reinvention (in what way is beyond me).  If there's any finer details I'm missing  feel free to fill me in.  Recently saw the vid involving dynamic destruction, like a huge ball or ferris wheel tumbling through map, AND some of the car's special abilities.
TheLastGuardian

• Total Posts : 3666
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:29 PM ( #37 )
coolbeans

Haha, yeah I noticed. I was looking up Cel Damage gameplay and 7th generation car combat games during that time before I saw that post. I didn't know there were any true car combat games this gen.

I don't even know where to begin. I've read so many previews, watched so much TM gameplay and interviews with Eat Sleep Play members. I used to keep up with every Twisted Metal article on the mainpage and comment on most of them. Lately there's been so many TM articles, I can't keep up with them all. Give me some time and I'll post some stuff you may have missed.

TooTall19

• Total Posts : 690
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:31 PM ( #38 )
SSX - It looks like they made falling harder than landing a trick.  You can even be sidways or laying down when coming off a rail.

ARMA III

As long as Borderlands 2, Bioshock:Infinite, Ni-No Kuni, or Risistance: Burning Skies turn out good I will be very happy.
<message edited by TooTall19 on Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:32 PM>
fasterthanu22

• Total Posts : 111
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:47 PM ( #39 )
To clarify, The Last of Us will have some form of puzzles according to Game Informer.

"Figuring out how to navigate spatial problems with unique Ellie and Joel abilities is a key pillar," Druckmann explains. Each can do things the other can't, and they must work together to move forward."

I think it will be pretty good, at least what I have read so far is making it sound pretty unique. They seem to be working hard to implement a really good AI system and there is an emphasis on realism (no regenerating health and "a single pistol bullet can kill").
cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3493
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:40 PM ( #40 )
I'm worried about ME3 in regards to the story and roleplaying elements.  Swapping out barrels and other gun parts isn't 'bringing back the rpg experience' IMHO.

I'm also worried about Alan Wake.  I'm going to try it on PC if the reviews are good, but I think it may show that they have gone as far as expected with the concept rather than building it out more.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 72 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread