Predict your disappointment

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 72 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Predict your disappointment - Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:56 PM ( #41 )
I was disappointed with ME1.

Tuxedo_Mask

• Total Posts : 1148
Re:Predict your disappointment - Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:00 AM ( #42 )
TheLastGuardian

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Mass Effect 3

FF Versus 13

Halo 4

Yakuza: Dead Souls

CoD: Black Ops 2

RE: Operation Raccoon City

DmC: Devil May Cry

They won't be disappointing me because I'm not really looking forward to them. I just have a feeling they will disappoint fans of the series.

I'm keeping my expectations for Versus low on purpose so it won't be a disappointment, and Dead Souls is just to shake things up in the Yakuza series anyway, it's not canon. Fans of the Yakuza series will buy it so we can be guaranteed to get Yakuza 5, but I don't think it will be a disappointment, as a lot of people have compared it to classic Resident Evil games, plus it still has all of the mini games that make the Yakuza games last beyond the story. Xbox has the original Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead, so it might actually be refreshing to see a PS exclusive zombie game, even if more Yakuza fans buy it than zombie game fans.
TheKindRoost

• Total Posts : 644
Re:Predict your disappointment - Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:12 AM ( #43 )
UC golden abyss, already disappointed. Just more of the same in a re-polished* package (*in a jungle hunting for lost Inca/ Aztec treasure? deja vu)
Motorstorm RC
God of War 4,if it's anything like 3 I'll be sorely disappointed. It needs more variety in combat, like the shield and spear in and zeus' gauntlet  and not just 3 other version of the chain blades. QTE needs to be  more dynamic (like Heavy rain) not a one pattern  rinse and repeat process. 
The new DMC selling = God help us all. 
E3: sony: 75% will be vita focused. 80% of its library this year will be filled with up-scaled Iphone/Ipad ports. Just like the PSP the few quality game will come from their internal studios, a handful of big shot third party studios (if they bothered).
<message edited by Yellow13 on Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:32 AM>
O'er azure skies And emerald plains Where freedom and justice prevail With courage and strength We'll fight to the end For liberty in our land
Kon

• Total Posts : 11111
Re:Predict your disappointment - Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:20 AM ( #44 )
The lack of faith for ME3 is seriously disappointing here.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
TheLastGuardian

• Total Posts : 3666
Re:Predict your disappointment - Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:52 AM ( #45 )
Tuxedo_Mask

I'm keeping my expectations for Versus low on purpose so it won't be a disappointment, and Dead Souls is just to shake things up in the Yakuza series anyway, it's not canon. Fans of the Yakuza series will buy it so we can be guaranteed to get Yakuza 5, but I don't think it will be a disappointment, as a lot of people have compared it to classic Resident Evil games, plus it still has all of the mini games that make the Yakuza games last beyond the story. Xbox has the original Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead, so it might actually be refreshing to see a PS exclusive zombie game, even if more Yakuza fans buy it than zombie game fans.

I've got nothing against the Yakuza series, I just wanted to throw in some PS3 exclusives on my list for good measure and to me Dead Souls seemed like one of the most likely to disappoint. I knew you were a fan of the Yakuza series and was hoping you wouldn't see my post and call me out lol. I've heard good things about the series, but I wasn't really impressed with what I played in the Yakuza 3 demo. Doesn't seem like my type of game. Isn't Yakuza 5 already announced?

dinkeldinkse

• Total Posts : 1072
Re:Predict your disappointment - Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:32 AM ( #46 )
Probably everything I play from 2012.

Most of the games I have enjoyed in the last couple of years are games that I had zero interest until a week or so before trying them.
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:Predict your disappointment - Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:30 PM ( #47 )
cgoodno

I'm also worried about Alan Wake.  I'm going to try it on PC if the reviews are good, but I think it may show that they have gone as far as expected with the concept rather than building it out more.

Storytelling wise, I thought they did more than I expected.  Gameplay wise, their greatest idea for mixing up the combat with shining light on words was withheld until the end of vanilla Alan, and the two DLCs released later on.
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:Predict your disappointment - Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:43 PM ( #48 )
FFv13 getting a 2013 release date for the west

Kon

• Total Posts : 11111
Re:Predict your disappointment - Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:53 PM ( #49 )
redDevil87

vsXIII won't happen until FF XIII-3
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:Predict your disappointment - Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:00 PM ( #50 )
Kon

redDevil87

There won't be a FF XII-3, the end of the story will be told via DLC.

But maybe after FFXIV or FFXIV-2 it will be released.

TheDareDevil

• Total Posts : 1889
Re:Predict your disappointment - Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:52 AM ( #51 )
Eiffel

Halo 4.

Game is gonna suck. 

As much as I hate to admit it, you might be right. Reach was my first Halo game and I've been in love with it but since 343 took over it's just sucked balls
TheColbertinator

• Total Posts : 7301
Re:Predict your disappointment - Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:54 AM ( #52 )
PeeWizzle

Kon

ME3 will be GOTY. 

Its gotta get through Bioshock Infinite if it wants to claim that prize!

So two badass titles that redefine gaming instead of one? They might end up sharing the GOTYs

Oh right the disappointments:

Anything from Sony really apart from Uncharted and Gran Turismo which is next gen most likely.Such a pity.
<message edited by TheColbertinator on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:07 PM>

Convas

• Total Posts : 2484
Re:Predict your disappointment - Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:23 PM ( #53 )
TheLastGuardian

Rage_S90

Halo 4-343

No, but seriously, I'm playing the wait and see game. I've been a Halo player since 2006, and played every Halo game. Reach was hands-down the worst Halo (FPS) title yet, and if not worst, the most underwhelming, save for the Space Battles which'll live in Halo infamy. 

I have high hopes for Halo 4, which is why I'm ravenous for details. Anyways this topic is a wee bit silly, can anyone tell of a game that DIDN'T disappoint some of it's audience? I'm pretty sure differing opinions are a human trait. 
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
Re:Predict your disappointment - Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:42 PM ( #54 )
I'm prepared for the new Silent Hill to be crap, which is highly likely. Eh, it might be ok, it's just the problem of them using the name and further soiling the series. FFS, come up with something new. 

I'm also worried about the SH remasters. Mood breaking trophies (although, you can turn the notifications OFF right?)...the voice over issue, I was actually fine with the new clips they put out, I thought they were mostly better, but I think I read that they are going to include the old ones as optional...anyway, I'm expecting **** ups on that.

idk, I've grown completely skeptical on everything coming out these days, and I'm glad for it. No hype zone right here. Better to expect everything to be crap and then be pleasantly surprised. Being a hyped up fanboi is just plain dumb.

Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2115
Re:Predict your disappointment - Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:46 PM ( #55 )
Oh, how did I forget? Assassins Creed 3. I don't even have any sort of expectations for it that could be in any way described as "optimistic" and I'm sick of the series already since the games after ACII and the utter lack of any progress in them and the pointlessness of the story in those games. Yet I still want to see the conclusion of the story despite it being stretched so ridiculously thin so I'm still going to end up getting it. Yet if it's obvious it's going to be another set of ACIII, and then AC:[insert letter here] and AC:[insert letter other than previous letter here] and it's not going to even deal with Desmond's story I'm just done with it already.

SKUD

• Total Posts : 2753
Re:Predict your disappointment - Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:29 PM ( #56 )
cgoodno

I'm also worried about Alan Wake.  I'm going to try it on PC if the reviews are good, but I think it may show that they have gone as far as expected with the concept rather than building it out more.

Same game. Accurate review: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1756-Alan-Wake

IGN gave it a 9?? 
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Predict your disappointment - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 9:57 AM ( #57 )
Rage_S90

ITT: We predict games that will disappoint us and gamer in 2012.

My vote goes to 

ME3-I've heard bad things about the story. 

The Last Guardian-Been in development hell. 

Bumb 

Look at dem right predictions!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:Predict your disappointment - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 11:13 AM ( #58 )
SKUD

cgoodno

Same game. Accurate review: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1756-Alan-Wake

IGN gave it a 9?? 

This bump made me have to see this?!?!?!

Yahtzee's examination of it was kinda bogus.  
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10857
Re:Predict your disappointment - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 11:18 AM ( #59 )
redDevil87

Kon

redDevil87

There won't be a FF XII-3, the end of the story will be told via DLC.

But maybe after FFXIV or FFXIV-2 it will be released.

oh the irony...xD

I'm expecting life to suck from now on. I'm so used to working now it's sickening.
I got 5 days off due to the week and 24-26th off. And now its the 25th and I've only been sleeping and working out. I don't even feel like playing any games anymore...ugh...

gamewise I'm playing ass creed 3 I'm expecting it to suck and it's pretty ****ty thus far. 
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
Megaton

• Total Posts : 3812
Re:Predict your disappointment - Tuesday, December 25, 2012 1:24 PM ( #60 )
Predicted my disappointment accurately. Hate you so much, BioWare.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 72 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread