Report: SONY ditching Dualshock

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 66 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Kon

• Total Posts : 11113
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:39 PM ( #41 )
Rage_S90

Thoughts? 

Are you kidding me? Do you see how small those handles are?
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:41 PM ( #42 )
Kon

Rage_S90

Thoughts? 

You should be used to handling small things 

redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:43 PM ( #43 )

Kon

Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:44 PM ( #44 )
Skv007

Kon

Rage_S90

Thoughts? 

You should be used to handling small things 

touche.
Stop Cyberbullying!

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:40 AM ( #45 )
Rage_S90

Thoughts? 

The screen in the middle looks like utter garbage. Can we play Atari 2600 games on it? I don't know if it looks capable of handling much more
caseh

• Total Posts : 317
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:13 AM ( #46 )

Can we play Atari 2600 games on it?
The most important aspect of any next gen controller if you ask me.

Kon

Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:09 AM ( #47 )
It's a touch screen.

Stop Cyberbullying!

wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:21 PM ( #48 )
if they change the position of the D-Pad (like everybody wants) the controller will not be good anymore for fighting games and those 3rd party controllers with 6 face buttons ala Sega Saturn are so bad and I don't like arcade sticks either. The Duaslchock is the best controller of the old-school designs and is way more versatile than the Xbox's but idiots don't realize it.  =/
Kon

Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:30 PM ( #49 )
wishingW3L

if they change the position of the D-Pad (like everybody wants) the controller will not be good anymore for fighting games and those 3rd party controllers with 6 face buttons ala Sega Saturn are so bad and I don't like arcade sticks either. The Duaslchock is the best controller of the old-school designs and is way more versatile than the Xbox's but idiots don't realize it.  =/

For a moment i thought i was looking at a front page comment. 
Stop Cyberbullying!

Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:47 PM ( #50 )
The controller would really just need an analog stick and the X button for most next-gen games anyways.
Max Power

• Total Posts : 6632
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:13 PM ( #51 )
Rage_S90

Thoughts? 

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10857
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:50 PM ( #52 )
I seriously just hope they make the DS4 and it's the exact same ****ing thing.

Because every redesign I've seen thus far is utter garbage in so many freaking ways.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
macalatus

• Total Posts : 5509
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 7:42 PM ( #53 )
Personally speaking, I would rather have Sony stick to the Dual Shock design.  That and the free online part even if they managed to improve the social aspects of PSN. 
Gen. George Patton FTW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ     

If you're reading this, you have got to be bored!
darkpower

• Total Posts : 949
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:16 PM ( #54 )
What I want to know is is this:

This same exact design has been on the Dualshock since 1998. Why is anyone picking NOW to suddenly say "oh, the DS design sucks" when it's been out this long and nothing's changed about it since 1998?

Is it just Sony never listened to anyone's issues about the controller (this many complaints couldn't have just gone unnoticed), is it just another one of those things that the "I hate PS3 for no reason" crowd latched onto this month, or is there something different about the PS3's DS controller that added...WHATEVER it added (it's the same damn thing only wireless, and the wireless part changed nothing about the aesthetic design, making it silly to latch onto if that's THE change) that made it suddenly unbearable?

I'm curious to understand the reasoning here. I'm not saying the design CAN'T be crap to some people, but it's been out for this long, so I'm lost as to why we've only waited until now to start complaining about it.
Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:00 PM ( #55 )
darkpower

This same exact design has been on the Dualshock since 1998. Why is anyone picking NOW to suddenly say "oh, the DS design sucks" when it's been out this long and nothing's changed about it since 1998?

Standards change over time.
What was good in the past may not remain good in the present.
Given the improvements made by both the gamecube controller and the 360, there are some improvements which Sony can implement into their next design, such as having grooves in the analog sticks.

I don't think people are suddenly NOW saying they don't like the current DS. Those that disliked it have expressed it in the past, and since the topic is now being discussed, people are again expressing their opinions.

Also, you missed the change of L2/R2 becoming triggers with the PS3 version. That is something I particularly disliked about the current controller since their curvature isn't suited for a trigger.

NeverEnding1989

• Total Posts : 666
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:20 PM ( #56 )
darkpower

Is it just Sony never listened

You know what else came out in '98 that was really good? Windows 98. That tech was great for about 2 years, the Dualshock was solid for 6 years. When Sony recycled the design for PS2, that wasn't really a problem. It's working out for them, so why not? In terms of technological and creative drive, they were definitely lacking, but that wasn't a big deal. When they reused it AGAIN for the PS3 that was when I had had enough. 

What's really disappointing is that SONY doesn't even listen to the complaints. M$ changed their controller to address complaints of the D-pad, SONY has full out ignored it forcing gamers to use third party trigger extenders. Kinda reminds me of Cross Game Chat.

I can't even believe they're considering recycling the Dualshock yet again. I'm assuming the next controller will be a carbon copy of the 360 controller but with left thumbstick swapped with D-pad.
<message edited by NeverEnding1989 on Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:21 PM>

Welcome to next gen:

Kon

Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:26 PM ( #57 )
darkpower

Is it just Sony never listened to anyone's issues about the controller (this many complaints couldn't have just gone unnoticed), is it just another one of those things that the "I hate PS3 for no reason" crowd latched onto this month, or is there something different about the PS3's DS controller that added...WHATEVER it added (it's the same damn thing only wireless, and the wireless part changed nothing about the aesthetic design, making it silly to latch onto if that's THE change) that made it suddenly unbearable?

I'm curious to understand the reasoning here. I'm not saying the design CAN'T be crap to some people, but it's been out for this long, so I'm lost as to why we've only waited until now to start complaining about it.

PS1 and PS2 controllers were perfect for me because i was little when i played with them. Now i grew up and my hands are quite big, and the DS3 is not comfortable for big hands.
Stop Cyberbullying!

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Monday, January 21, 2013 12:02 AM ( #58 )
Rage_S90

Thoughts? 

munnatv

• Total Posts : 12
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Monday, January 21, 2013 1:54 PM ( #59 )
Dual Shock was one of the best controller i cant believe sony is ditching it 
sdrawkcab

• Total Posts : 224
Re:Report: SONY ditching Dualshock - Monday, January 21, 2013 2:27 PM ( #60 )
The question now is whether they go with a completely new controller or if this is going to be an extra peripheral.
I would hate it if they did what Nintendo did with the Wii-U. Release the big stupid screen-controller and then sell the "pro-controller" for a ridiculous price, and to add insult to injury, it doesn't even look that good.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 66 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread