The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 2 of 11, messages 21 to 40 of 218 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
MK_Red

• Total Posts : 1798
  • Reward points : 0
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Sunday, June 29, 2008 6:47 AM ( #21 )
I think my fave fighter is pretty obvious

ORIGINAL: BIoodmask

On the flip side, you guys must remember Primal Rage. That was a sweet game.

I think Primal Rage was horrible.

Come on, the arcade version wasn't that bad.

ORIGINAL: socomnick

Heres one of my personal favorite fighting games. Brings back so many memories.

Yeah, pretty fun game

Nice games mentioned there. I never played that Time Warriors game  but come on guys, if you really want to talk about worst fighting games, you have to mention that Atari Jaguar fighting game that was a cheap rip-off of MK. Or the Street Fighter The Movie The Game
<message edited by MK_Red on Sunday, June 29, 2008 6:49 AM>
Rest in peace Heath Ledger: 1979-2008

B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:27 PM ( #22 )
My personal favorite would have to be Bushido Blade 2 if it counts.  I freaking loved that game. My second favorite is Powerstone 2.  Never understood the 2d fighter craze... then again I only because semi interested in fighters after PS1 came out.
Solid_Snake

• Total Posts : 2620
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:30 PM ( #23 )
am I the only one who thinks Street Fighter 2 was the best fighter game?  Maybe i'm just too much of a traditionalist, but I think that game was perfect at everything
MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:30 PM ( #24 )
bloddy roar
Soul Calibar
Battle arena toshiden also
Without being cheesy, i realy realy enjoy VF5. I 'd put it as one of the best of all time......
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:31 PM ( #25 )

ORIGINAL: Solid_Snake

am I the only one who thinks Street Fighter 2 was the best fighter game?  Maybe i'm just too much of a traditionalist, but I think that game was perfect at everything
YOU HAVE A CULT WHO ALSO BELIEVE IT, MILLIONS DEEP SO DON'T FEEL ALONE
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
Beniko

• Total Posts : 4
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:05 PM ( #26 )
I think Tekken is the best one. And by the way, so am I knew here :)
<message edited by Beniko on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:06 PM>

"We'll like to make a game, that's fun to play and looks cool... We use all our power on making a sequel, that doesn't disappoint" (Katsuhiro Harada, Tekken 6)
Le-mo

• Total Posts : 7404
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:07 PM ( #27 )
Tekken and Soul Calibur are my favorites. 
BIoodmask

• Total Posts : 9499
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:06 PM ( #28 )

Tekken sucks. Street Fighter 2 turbo is the greatest fighting game of all time.
<message edited by BIoodmask on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:16 PM>

BloodySinner

• Total Posts : 1825
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:16 PM ( #29 )
Killer Instinct for the win.
Le-mo

• Total Posts : 7404
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:19 PM ( #30 )

ORIGINAL: BIoodmask

Tekken sucks. Street Fighter 2 turbo is the greatest fighting game of all time.

Your point? You can't change my opinion.
Maedhros

• Total Posts : 13
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Friday, July 25, 2008 4:41 PM ( #31 )
If you think in terms of historical significance, then I feel you have to say Street Fighter 2, which is very much the archetypal fighter. It's also still a very relevant game, to the degree that it's getting an update for Live and PSN.

But in terms of "what is actually the best designed"? You have to give that to one of Guilty Gear XX's permuatations. It is easily one of the most diverse, balanced, enjoyable fighters there is, and the approach it took to design puts it leagues above other offerings - like, say, Soul Calibur, where the latest game has a bad solution (critical finishes) to a problem that never should have existed (excessive turtling).
Play B3yond

• Total Posts : 877
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Friday, July 25, 2008 4:53 PM ( #32 )
I hate Street Fighter 2... Tekken is the king son

Jon_Smackenrow

• Total Posts : 2178
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Friday, July 25, 2008 4:54 PM ( #33 )
1. Samurai Showdown 2.
2. Mugen
3. Marvel vs. Campcon II
Dont Panic

• Total Posts : 1183
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Friday, July 25, 2008 5:02 PM ( #34 )
Street Fighter II Turbo is by far the best, but Clayfighter 64 was truly entertaining.

Solid_Snake

• Total Posts : 2620
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Friday, July 25, 2008 5:11 PM ( #35 )

ORIGINAL: Jon_Smackenrow

1. Samurai Showdown 2.
2. Mugen
3. Marvel vs. Campcon II

Mugen, lol lol..

Street Fighter II; Street Fighter II Turbo.. the best fighter ever made.  Many love it, some may hate it.. but everyone remembers it.  Who doesn't get goosebumps as soon as they hear the music for Ryu's stage?????
MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE
DarkSniper

• Total Posts : 4006
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:34 AM ( #36 )
Seriously.  There's this one multiplatform game on 16 bit that had a very intuitive and deep fighting system.  Street Fighter 3 and Alpha borrow a lot of elements from this UNDERRATED fighter. Plus it was ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!

Weaponlord

kg7310

• Total Posts : 138
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:39 AM ( #37 )
Dragonball Z Budokai 3 is my top favorite, i passed out once cuz i played it 8 hours straight when i was like 10 years old lol..
BIoodmask

• Total Posts : 9499
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:44 AM ( #38 )

Seriously. There's this one multiplatform game on 16 bit that had a very intuitive and deep fighting system. Street Fighter 3 and Alpha borrow a lot of elements from this UNDERRATED fighter. Plus it was ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!

Weapon Lord sucked...LOL  And you know I have played it Sniper.

Zhuk

• Total Posts : 1764
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:49 AM ( #39 )

I still believe that Marvel Vs Street Fighter on Saturn is easily one of the greatest fighting games of all time, I prefer it even to Marvel Vs Capcom 2. The game's incredible art, fluid animations, sheer playability and what is a smaller but highly refined roster just makes for the most incredible fighting experience i've ever had.

Plus, the Sega Saturn pad is still the best controller ever made.

http://segagagadomain.com/saturn12/marvelvsstreetfighter.htm

Pic from my TV (the quality of the Saturn's image output is still incredible to this day, upscales very well):

Skerj

• Total Posts : 1999
RE: The Greatest Fighting Games of all Time - Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:52 AM ( #40 )
Holy **** lmao@Weaponlord I got conned into getting that game, it sucked but I played worse. At least it wasn't as bad as f*cking TIMEKILLERS!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Emperor of B.L.A.C. (Brutal Legend Awareness Crusaders)
Skerj does the awesome before the end of this year.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 2 of 11, messages 21 to 40 of 218 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread