The Un-Uncharted Killer.....

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 19, messages 41 to 60 of 362 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
theunleashed64

• Total Posts : 282
  • Reward points : 0
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Saturday, January 01, 2011 4:43 PM ( #41 )
lol this thread & the op is laughable at best, i mean is this crap serious? sadly he is those screens are so renders it's not even funny. better puzzles?  wow! uncharted was never about these frustrating puzzles or required time to solve them , better story? LMAO! ok now this is where it gets really sad, iram of pillars is a really cool concept something i never heard of until i researched it it's one hell of a concept & makes more an interesting story than any of the tomb raider games combined, the city was swallowed by the sands by god not to mention all these storys such as king solomon, a thousand & one nights, also hinting at bibilcal proportions as well, the people were said to be tall as the pillars themselves 20 meters tall. interesting characters? so now uncharted doesn't have interesting characters? my god you fail so hard lol. more gritty? yes that makes a game better than the other/s  just stop man you already got owned a thousand time by others here you failed at your troll attempt.
and they say the gods of hell can't fall...yeah right
TMAN

• Total Posts : 43176
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Saturday, January 01, 2011 5:03 PM ( #42 )
Lol. All any of you fools has done by posting in this thread is give the OP what he was looking for. Shame on you all.
Enough is enough!!  >:(

UNBAN RAGE AND TENSTEPS!!!  
jmare

• Total Posts : 4476
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Saturday, January 01, 2011 5:31 PM ( #43 )
TMAN

Lol. All any of you fools has done by posting in this thread is give the OP what he was looking for. Shame on you all.

Oh the irony. Where is a kettle when you need one. Oh, wait... you've made everyone who's posted in here the kettle. Your magical powers of awesome transformations are awesomely amazing!
"U Mad?"
"I'm not answering. You might f****n post it on Rando."
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
AuToFiRE

• Total Posts : 11591
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Saturday, January 01, 2011 8:09 PM ( #44 )
unfortunately they arent real screenshots, thats just concept art

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.
duplissi

• Total Posts : 1751
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:36 AM ( #45 )
im confused.... cant they both just be really good?
Megaton

• Total Posts : 3812
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:38 AM ( #46 )
Clearly this "Tomb Raider" thing is just the latest in a long string of upcoming Uncharted clones, hoping to cash in on Naughty Dog's success.
slinky123456

• Total Posts : 325
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:41 AM ( #47 )
Megaton

Clearly this "Tomb Raider" thing is just the latest in a long string of upcoming Uncharted clones, hoping to cash in on Naughty Dog's success.

Its funny that people used to say that other way around... even though Tomb Raider dropped much of its success before Uncharted came out.
KEVERS

• Total Posts : 18366
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:01 AM ( #48 )
TMAN

"umph" has been acheived?

TooTall19

• Total Posts : 690
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:57 AM ( #49 )
Wait, Uncharted had good puzzles?
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:14 AM ( #50 )
TooTall19

^

Climbing and shooting is all I remember.
thor

• Total Posts : 2092
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:20 AM ( #51 )
TooTall19

No Uncharted had "puzzles" to break up the gamplay but they are little more than "press the switch" or "match up symbols". Considering the shooting is not always easy I don't see why they couldn't put some actual brain teasers in there. Most people are capable of solving puzzles - they don't need to dumb them down for the lowest common denominator. The idea I had was to scale up the puzzles' difficulty with the game's difficulty - so on crushing you'd be scratching your head for 5 minutes wondering what to do, easy you'd do it straight away like with the shooting parts.
PS3Freak

• Total Posts : 1831
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:45 AM ( #52 )
Ya the puzzles have never been that great, but they were never bad either.
Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:34 PM ( #53 )
Uncharted strength or "annoyance" have never been puzzles and for good reason...   ND didn't want to break the pace with a stupid puzzle that could keep a player stuck for a considerable amount of time.

They wanted to add some simple puzzles just to ease on all the action and to create a good balance of gaming variety without breaking the immersion.

I for one prefer simple and fewer puzzles... 

<message edited by Whoooop on Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:57 PM>

PeeWizzle

• Total Posts : 2870
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 3:00 PM ( #54 )
Uncharted is too goofy. Feel like I'm playing that Nicholas Cage movie. 
thor

• Total Posts : 2092
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 5:47 PM ( #55 )
Whoooop

Uncharted strength or "annoyance" have never been puzzles and for good reason...   ND didn't want to break the pace with a stupid puzzle that could keep a player stuck for a considerable amount of time.

They wanted to add some simple puzzles just to ease on all the action and to create a good balance of gaming variety without breaking the immersion.

Yeah but surely there are shooting segments where some players would feel the same way? (Getting stuck) I didn't have to retry many sections in Uncharted 2 even on crushing, BUT I'm sure some players did. And IMO a difficult puzzle section is much better than a difficult shooting section because at least with a puzzle you can look up the answer if it's too hard. Also the general settings of Uncharted lend well to including a few puzzles to open up the entrance to a temple or whatever. I think including puzzle difficulties would benefit Uncharted 3. It's intended to break the pace anyway, but it won't break it completely (nor the immersion) if it's just a bit harder, at least not any more than a hard shooting section.
Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 7:27 PM ( #56 )
thor

Whoooop

Yeah but surely there are shooting segments where some players would feel the same way? (Getting stuck) I didn't have to retry many sections in Uncharted 2 even on crushing, BUT I'm sure some players did. And IMO a difficult puzzle section is much better than a difficult shooting section because at least with a puzzle you can look up the answer if it's too hard. Also the general settings of Uncharted lend well to including a few puzzles to open up the entrance to a temple or whatever. I think including puzzle difficulties would benefit Uncharted 3. It's intended to break the pace anyway, but it won't break it completely (nor the immersion) if it's just a bit harder, at least not any more than a hard shooting section.

I understand, but being stuck in a puzzle is much more anti-climatic than being "stuck" in a shoot-out IMO... ND seems to think that way also or they would've added more difficulty to puzzles in the sequel.  Puzzles do break the pace, but ND doesn't need to rely on annoying puzzles to do that when they have platforming and highly enjoyable cut-scenes.

Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't mind harder puzzles without obvious answers in the diary, but I wouldn't want ND to shift focus too much into puzzles when they are definitely not what have made the Uncharted franchise so awesome.

I found Uncharted 2 to be a very healthy balance of action, platforming and puzzles (even if they are easy).

<message edited by Whoooop on Sunday, January 02, 2011 7:32 PM>

TMAN

• Total Posts : 43176
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 7:38 PM ( #57 )
All this talk makes me want to play UC & UC 2  again.
Enough is enough!!  >:(

UNBAN RAGE AND TENSTEPS!!!  
TheLastGuardian

• Total Posts : 3666
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 7:51 PM ( #58 )
TMAN

All this talk makes me want to play UC & UC 2  again.

I'm halfway through my crushing playthrough on Uncharted Drakes Fortune right now. 10 more chapters and I'll have the plat. It's definitely harder than Uncharted 2 on crushing but nothing too hard.

I still don't own Uncharted 2. I didn't have the money when it first came out so I rented it. Almost got the platinum in 5 days but I never finished. I'll buy the GOTY edition soon.

theunleashed64

• Total Posts : 282
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 7:55 PM ( #59 )
PeeWizzle

Uncharted is too goofy. Feel like I'm playing that Nicholas Cage movie. 

sad attempt at trolling, but hey! what are you going to do as a troll when the console they worship hardly has any exclusives for this year *cough* 360 *cough*
and they say the gods of hell can't fall...yeah right
toaster

• Total Posts : 5619
Re:The Uncharted Killer - Sunday, January 02, 2011 8:03 PM ( #60 )
Whenever I read 'IMO' I never think 'in my opinion'. I read it as 'emo', as in 'that game is awesome, emo' referring to myself as an emo. 

Anywho, Tomb Raider is Tomb Raider, and Uncharted is Tomb Raider lite. It can be said the other way around if you like, Uncharted is Uncharted and Tomb Raider is Uncharted lite. They're different styles of gameplay (but secretly I want Tomb Raider to be at least as awesome as Uncharted).

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 19, messages 41 to 60 of 362 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread