Who Will Win Next Gen and Why?

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 54 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:17 PM ( #21 )
I think everyone is forgetting how much of a brand name Xbox has become this generation. When people say "hey do you play online games" they don't ask do you play playstation, they ask "Hey, do you play on live?".

The 360 has definitely taken its spot in households and it might do the same again with the 720 or whatever stupid name it's gonna have.

-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:22 PM ( #22 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

I think everyone is forgetting how much of a brand name Xbox has become this generation. When people say "hey do you play online games" they don't ask do you play playstation, they ask "Hey, do you play on live?".

The 360 has definitely taken its spot in households and it might do the same again with the 720 or whatever stupid name it's gonna have.

This cannot be used as an argument in why Xbox 720 might finally manage to outdo PS4. You remember how big of a Brand Playstation was, specially during the PS2 era, from Movies to Tv.Shows, it was everywhere, yet PS3 barely managed to beat Xbox.

Going by that logic, PS3 should have beaten it's competition easily.  

<message edited by -Mezzo- on Monday, February 04, 2013 4:24 PM>

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:24 PM ( #23 )
TheRot

Oh you mean same as ps2 gen, Wii won this gen don't let that fanboyism blind you buddy.

That's hilarious right there.

Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:25 PM ( #24 )
redDevil87

Holy ****, FordGTGuy is on gaf and he's turned into a PC fanboy. He's sh*tting on the PS4 lol.

haha yeah I've seen him.  He was trashing N4G at the moment.

Anyway, I think MS and Sony will be close in sales again with Nintendo a bit behind.  I don't think Nintendo will bring the casuals (mom, dad and grandads) like the did with the Wii.

In games, like this gen, I think Sony will offer the most quality content out of all the three.

TheRot

• Total Posts : 3443
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:30 PM ( #25 )
also microsoft may try to sell the xbox like a phone where they will let you purchase an xbox 720 for much cheaper if you agree to a 2 year subscription
Kon

• Total Posts : 11111
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:31 PM ( #26 )
Whoooop

redDevil87

Holy ****, FordGTGuy is on gaf and he's turned into a PC fanboy. He's sh*tting on the PS4 lol.

haha yeah I've seen him.  He was trashing N4G at the moment.

Anyway, I think MS and Sony will be close in sales again with Nintendo a bit behind.  I don't think Nintendo will bring the casuals (mom, dad and grandads) like the did with the Wii.

In games, like this gen, I think Sony will offer the most quality content out of all the three.

Debatable.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
Whoooop

Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:33 PM ( #27 )
Kon

Debatable.

If you're thiking of Nintendo then yeah, you might have something there.  Microsoft? Not a chance.

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:36 PM ( #28 )
Whoooop

Kon

Debatable.

If you're thiking of Nintendo then yeah, you might have something there.  Microsoft? Not a chance.

I wouldn't say this gen Nintendo's games were top notch, but next gen they're looking amazing. hell even the 3DS this year has a lineup that would make me go out and buy one right now.

Whoooop

Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:43 PM ( #29 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Whoooop

Kon

Debatable.

I wouldn't say this gen Nintendo's games were top notch, but next gen they're looking amazing. hell even the 3DS this year has a lineup that would make me go out and buy one right now.

Yeah... Nintendo stuff looks good so far.  Microsoft needs to step it up considerably and they honestly need to prove themselves this gen when it comes to quality first party content. It's not like Sony has the most awesome games ever, but they do have a lot of talented studios that release decent to great games, and the fact that most of them are hard at work on the PS4, it's pretty much a no-brainer that the games will be there.

-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 4:53 PM ( #30 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Whoooop

Kon

Debatable.

This.

I have stayed away from Nintendo's Hardware for quite some time now, and it was really easy. But i cannot deny that there are quite a few title that just might make me get a 3DS.

Though nothing for me on WiiU yet.
<message edited by -Mezzo- on Monday, February 04, 2013 4:55 PM>

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15453
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 5:11 PM ( #31 )
Truly Gamers are going to win... why cause they are all competing big time... all three...

Nintendo went out on a limb to put a video screen in their controller... thinking that lighting would strike twice they did not put money into the system looking to make a profit from day on their systems... which they did cause you buy a system and one game and they are making a profit...

That said... I think if Niny did put a more powerful system together they could push could of had a chance to climb to the number one spot again...

they will not.. this time around... they will sell a lot but a niny system is for nintendo games... I think they will have a hard time with third party developers in a year or two...

So the show is between more than ever MS and SONY

Sony will come out on top... it will be the Gamers system of choice...

Where MS 

Will have games but it will be more like a service system than  game machine... 
It will do well because people that want games, movies, email, chat, video chat with a large group, access to windows desktop of some fashion, outlook, skype, and on on and on...

Not saying PS4 can not do many of those but they will focus more as a gamer machine than a service machine...  MS is already saying it... next gen will be defined by not just games but what resources you can bring to the system....

Xbox will do awesome in the states less than or at par in Europe and will make 15 months in Japan before closing out there...

Sony will sell strong in all three regions better in the states than they did last time with the ps3 but not as well for the cheaper nextbox...

In the end Sales will be Sony, Xbox and Nintendo will show another system in 3 years.

All in all Exclusives will play a bigger par in this next generation than they did this generation...
<message edited by FAT MAN GO BOOM on Monday, February 04, 2013 5:15 PM>
[ali
Tewi-Inaba

• Total Posts : 2216
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 5:12 PM ( #32 )
Well If 3DS counds then  3DS if not then it's a toss up but I dont think WIIU will be as successful as Wii but I dont think it will fail either

Friend Code:1650-0941-8045
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 5:52 PM ( #33 )
I don't know who will win next gen because I don't believe I can make any coherent judgments without seeing or knowing anything about the future consoles. I think the Wii U will do alright later on because the game lineup we've seen for it is alright thus far, better than any lineup the Wii had at any point in time. I cannot compare it to other consoles that have no solid information surrounding them as of yet.

The Chad Warden videos linked in this thread made everything worthwhile.
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 5:53 PM ( #34 )
Ouya, obviously.

It is a $100 android console that every idiot and their mother will purchase. 
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 6:02 PM ( #35 )

flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Monday, February 04, 2013 6:05 PM ( #36 )
NeverEnding1989

• Total Posts : 666
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:58 AM ( #37 )
Odd...either I forgot to click Post Message or my post was deleted. Anyway...

This generation has showed that Microsoft is the strong up and coming contender, Sony is the sick man of the console wars, and Nintendo has shown that they're staying the course with the Wii U. I see no reason why Sony won't continue to fall and Microsoft continue to grow. I also don't see the Wii U doing better than the Wii. 

I think what will likely happen is we'll see Microsoft close the gap between its console and Nintendo, much like what they did this gen with Sony, and in two generations from now Microsoft will take over the lead. Unless Kaz Hirai can pull a rabbit out of his ass, I don't see Sony pulling themselves out of the huge hole they're in and releasing a fifth Playstation. This coincides with the Japanese gaming industry's continued polarization of audiences outside of Japan. 

Of course, this isn't taking into account whether Project Shield and Steambox can penetrate the mainstream market.  

Welcome to next gen:

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:01 AM ( #38 )
NeverEnding1989

Odd...either I forgot to click Post Message or my post was deleted. Anyway...

This generation has showed that Microsoft is the strong up and coming contender, Sony is the sick man of the console wars, and Nintendo has shown that they're staying the course with the Wii U. I see no reason why Sony won't continue to fall and Microsoft continue to grow. I also don't see the Wii U doing better than the Wii. 

I think what will likely happen is we'll see Microsoft close the gap between its console and Nintendo, much like what they did this gen with Sony, and in two generations from now Microsoft will take over the lead. Unless Kaz Hirai can pull a rabbit out of his ass, I don't see Sony pulling themselves out of the huge hole they're in and releasing a fifth Playstation. This coincides with the Japanese gaming industry's continued polarization of audiences outside of Japan. 

Of course, this isn't taking into account whether Project Shield and Steambox can penetrate the mainstream market.  

Someone likes writing the same thing over and over.

Convas

• Total Posts : 2484
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:26 AM ( #39 )
Can someone explain to me why this matters? I've never truly understood.

Perhaps I'm not as ... warped open-minded as some of you.

(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
Kon

• Total Posts : 11111
Re:Who Will Win Next Gen and Why? - Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:52 AM ( #40 )
Convas

Can someone explain to me why this matters? I've never truly understood.

Perhaps I'm not as ... warped open-minded as some of you.

People try to justify their purchases. Like me.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 54 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread