Will you still play your ps3 after you purchase the ps4?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
mortaljohnbat

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Will you still play your ps3 after you purchase the ps4? - Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:47 AM ( #21 )
I'm quite sure we will still play on it..wont you be able to play ps3 games n the ps4 anyway ?
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4402
Re:Will you still play your ps3 after you purchase the ps4? - Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:56 AM ( #22 )
-MD-

Nocturnus32

No, I will not play last gen garbage when I have a new shiny toy to play with

NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, N64, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox

All garbage.  Xbox 360? 7 year old next gen masterpiece. At least until the next Xbox comes out, then it'll be lumped in with that ancient trash I previously listed.

Edit: Did you sell all your current consoles and PC when you picked up your Wiiu? I'm not familiar with how this works.  

Lol. No they are not really garbage MD. I tend to not play older games after a new system comes out. I may play one every once in a while for nostalgia's sake though. I still have my copies of GTA III, VC and SA from the Original Xbox. I also have Nesticle, Super Nesticle and Dega on my PC to play some older gems.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
Nutsack

• Total Posts : 248
Re:Will you still play your ps3 after you purchase the ps4? - Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:03 PM ( #23 )
mortaljohnbat

I'm quite sure we will still play on it..wont you be able to play ps3 games n the ps4 anyway ?

If they rumors are true that Sony switched from Cell in PS3 to some AMD chip in PSOrbis... Don't think it'll have BC for PS3 out of the box. Including the hardware for PS3 games to run native in the PSOrbis like how they put PS2 hardware for BC in the launch PS3's is too expensive. they won't do that either.

The last chance then is emulating the PS3 totally through software, which needs a lot of power from next gen hardware and a lot of work too. The PS3 would have been capable to do full software BC for PS2 with a lot of work making a good working emulator by Sony. They skipped that. PS3 was a large jump from PS2. PSOrbis/PS4 is supposed to be a smaller step up from PS3 than that. That probably means not enough power there to even emulate the PS3 by software even if Sony would like to do it.

There is one rumor that there will be some sort of plugin module/stick with additional (PS3 hardware) on board to be bought separately with the PSOrbis that enables PS3 backwards compatibility. Don't know about that. Addons to consoles never really were successful, but hey, who knows.
Elvis

• Total Posts : 1031
Re:Will you still play your ps3 after you purchase the ps4? - Friday, December 14, 2012 6:06 AM ( #24 )
Yep, of course. I also hope the PS4 will have BC even though it's highly unlikely. But even if the PS4 doesn't have BC I'll still play them on my ps3, I won't be selling it anyway. 
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread