☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼

Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 40 of 301 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Maddens Raiders
  • Total Posts : 5022
  • Reward points : 0
☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 3:36 AM
You guys know what to do.  Let's try to keep it on topic & of course, stay classy.  Now go wild for Battle Royalel!  Just post whatever you like so far about PSASBR and what you'd like to see & maybe what you don't want to see.  You guys & gals talk about how you think it's going to distinguish itself from SupSmashBros. and how it might even pay the ultimate homage to old grandpa Ninty.  I'm going to start a list.  You guys add to it subtract, whatever... let's just soak it in and imagine how fun it's going to be! 

Eiji Shinjo                           

Spyro 

Aya Brea                          

Sly 

Jak 

Cao Cao                                                   

Solid Snake 

Nagase                          

Nathan Drake 

Sully 

Ratchet 

Hayato Kanzaki                                                  

Liquid 

Elena 

Cloud 

Eddie Raja  

Dante          

Regina                                                  

Simon Belmont 

Katherine Marlow  

Sackboy 

Chloe Frazier 

Schweitzer                                   

Tenzen 

Radec 

Scolar Visari

Kevin Butler                         

Rico 

Jan Templar 

Sev 

Natsumi                          

Jan Stahl  

Helghast Soldier 

Sir Daniel Fortesque 

Kratos

Natsu                                                     

Helghast Sniper 

PaRappa 

Nariko 

Sephiroth  

James Earl Cash                          

Clank 

Raven King 

Kazuya Kiryu                         

Nathan fkn Hale 

Chimera 

Chimera Steelhead 

Opscom                                                   

Big Boss 

Fat Princess 

Wesker

Akira                         

Leon S. Kennedy 

Jill

GT Man                                  

Nemesis 

Chris 

Cole Magrath 

Kessler 

Spike                                                   

Lara Croft

Wells                         

Kain 

Utsusemi                                                                           

Saturn                                                                            

Count Dracula 

Wander                          

Lugar                                                  

Crash 

Serge                                                   

Emmit Graves 

Sweet Tooth                         

Vahn                          

Jake Peril 

Rayman 

Josh Stone                                                                           

Rudy                         

Forty - Five                                                                                                                                                  

Whatever they charge for DLC, I will gladly pay.  I predict massive, massive sales for this game.  Massive.  Brawl!  

Check out this write up from IGN:  

Let's not beat around the bush: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has blatantly and unabashedly borrowed from Nintendo's ubiquitous brawler Super Smash Bros. in innumerable ways. But let's not sell it short, either. Even though All-Stars pays serious homage to what came before it, it still looks like a game that the PlayStation Faithful will absolutely eat-up in droves.  

Rumored to have existed for several months under the monikerTitle Fight, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is currently under development at SuperBot Entertainment (with the help of Sony's super-powered group at Santa Monica Studio). And after getting extensive hands-on time with the game, it's difficult not to get excited about the possibility that, while incredibly and undeniably similar to Smash Bros., it could turn out to be a very strong game in its own right.  

The paramount reason why All-Stars has such incredible potential is simple. As SuperBot's president Chan Park explained, his development house has been "purpose-built" to create a fighting game like this. A lot of the talent working on the game has extensive experience in the genre. The development team totes guys that worked on series from UFC Undisputed to Mortal Kombat. These guys didn't just look at what Nintendo did and outright copy it. Rather, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale represents the definition of iteration, an evolution of the style of game that attempts to take the formula to another level.

For the time being, Sony allowed SuperBot Entertainment to show-off six of the game's characters, and the cast represents a hodgepodge of PlayStation franchises. Fat Princess, Parappa the Rapper and Sly Cooper join the likes of Twisted Metal's Sweet Tooth, Killzone's Colonel Radec and God of War's Kratos on the preliminary roster, though Sony will reveal many more characters leading up to the game's launch, which should occur during the lead-up to 2012's holiday season.  

Each character has his or her own combat style, which immediately becomes evident when you begin playing for yourself. Parappa the Rapper has strength at close range, where he can use his Chop Chop Master Onion-learned kung-fu stylings on his opponents. Colonel Radec, on the other hand, is almost entirely ineffective unless at a distance, relying on a plethora of Helghan firearms and pieces of technology from afar.  

Sweet Tooth's considerable strength complements his brutal fighting style while Kratos' skill with his arsenal of weapons is obvious. But the two most interesting characters in this preliminary roster were undoubtedly Sly Cooper and Fat Princess. Sly Cooper's agility shines through almost immediately, and he has a special skill that no other character has. He forfeits his ability to block -- something every other character can do -- instead going invisible when the L1 button is held down. This allows him to sneakily slink around and get the jump on other characters. Fat Princess, on the other hand, relies on her deceptive, innocent look to get in close and cause the brunt of her damage. She can even summon forth minions such as the sword-wielding warrior or the fire-throwing wizard from her self-titled game to briefly supplement her attacks. 

In a game like this, it should come as no surprise that SuperBot Entertainment wants it to feel accessible. And it most certainly does. Attacks are mapped to the Square, Triangle and Circle buttons coinciding with the direction you're pressing on the d-pad or left analog stick, giving each character an exceptional amount of moves. The right stick can be used to throw opponents, while the R1 button lets players pick up items (such as the Hedgehog Grenade from Resistance) in the environment to use on enemies.  

And then there's the most powerful button in the game: R2. By building a special meter for each character -- a la Street Fighter or Marvel vs. Capcom -- players can unleash a torrent of special attacks that grow in power the higher the meter gets. For instance, Sly Cooper's standard first level attack might be fairly unimpressive, but his second level attack allows him to bomb enemies from above and can easily kill everyone on the screen. And if you get to a third level attack, watch out: Colonel Radec will get into a body-encompassing machinegun from Killzone 3, while Sweet Tooth turns into a gigantic truck to rain down destruction on his foes. These attacks spell almost certain death for everyone else on-screen.  

But with accessibility comes inevitable depth, and it quickly becomes apparent that the more you play, the more nuance you'll be able to derive from the experience. You'll develop a play style and preferences for certain characters; as an example, Colonel Radec will be a complete turnoff if you're not into ranged attacks, while Sly Cooper may just be too damn fast for you to keep track of. But there is balance, too, and no one character seems to have an edge over anyone else… at least not in this small group of six.

Another stand-out in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is its stages, of which SuperBot Entertainment showed-off four. Unlike Smash Bros., which has levels mostly relegated to a single franchise, All-Stars has stages dedicated to two franchises each. The Metropolis level is dedicated to Ratchet & Clank and God of War, while Jak and Daxter's Sandover Village also incorporates Hot Shots Golf. Likewise, Hades (not surprisingly) revolves around God of War, but includes the famous PSP franchise Patapon, too. And then there's the Dreamscape, which combines LittleBigPlanet with Buzz!, complete with ingenious in-game quizzes that keep things fresh on the fly.  

The best news of all, though, is that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is primed with options. The game can be played locally or online with up to four players, which will no doubt be the meat of the experience for many players. But a single-player campaign has also been promised, one that will satisfy solo gamers while supplementing everyone else's experience. It's not only about online or only about single-player, but rather a combination of both. In other words: the best of both worlds.  

After playing the game, speaking to the president of the studio and then playing the game some more, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is no longer a game I'm profoundly skeptical of, but one of my most-anticipated upcoming projects. There's no reason to be coy about its inspiration -- Super Smash Bros. undeniably paved the way for it -- but no reason exists to dismiss it as a clone, either. After all, it's not very often that a clone gives its inspiration a serious run for its money. And from what I've seen and played of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, it seems ready to do just that.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223840p1.html  

<message edited by Maddens Raiders on Monday, April 30, 2012 10:42 AM>
....and another thing........you kept reading! 

Ricksta_13
  • Total Posts : 28
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 3:57 AM
  Game is looking awesome !!! Similar to Rag Doll Kung Fu although a much improve level design and gameplay system. Looking forward to more info on this !!

Maddens Raiders
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 4:34 AM
Ricksta_13

Game is looking awesome !!! Similar to Rag Doll Kung Fu although a much improve level design and gameplay system. Looking forward to more info on this !!

SSBB was probably one of the last Nintendo games I really enjoyed & looked forward to playing when I had access to it.  TThat game was so much fun to play with all of those great, classic characters and smooth gameplay.  Now...to have this kind of "treatment" done for the PS family is just plain awesome.  Those backgrounds look pretty nice & deliciously distracting!

goflyakite
  • Total Posts : 1439
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 4:56 AM
Here's some more videos from GameTrailers that show some longer game play and some more details.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-playstation-all-stars/729633 
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-playstation-all-stars/729631
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-interview-playstation-all-stars/729625
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/hit-points-playstation-all-stars/729627

When I first saw it I wasn't sold but the more I watch the better it looks. Although some things sound weird like how you actually kill people/win, it still looks fun.

And Maddens, I think about 5%-10% (rough estimate) of your list might make it lol. Not because they're bad choices, I just see them putting well known characters with maybe a few obscure ones.

OMG Firefox & IE suck. Need to download Chrome.....
<message edited by goflyakite on Friday, April 27, 2012 5:04 AM>

Eiffel
  • Total Posts : 11768
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 4:59 AM
Maddens Raiders

I predict massive, massive sales for this game.  Massive.  Brawl! 

Certainly would be a welcoming change. 

Although I can't see the roaster going very far back, my hopes are trying to convince me there will be characters we have't seen for a while, my brain tells me that they will only use those who have a hugely popular reference between last gen and now.  Won't get my hopes up.
<message edited by Eiffel on Friday, April 27, 2012 5:04 AM>

Joule
  • Total Posts : 2918
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 5:09 AM
I have really, really high hopes for this game now. Like the most anticipation of all games this gen. My favorite fighting series of all time is SSB. This game better not be ****

RedDead
  • Total Posts : 1339
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 5:11 AM
I'm sorta on the sides about this KO system. In one way I will miss fighting over the special, when one person got that after the battle, everyone had to back off and try their best to stay away from it's effect etc. Now the game is based around getting those whereas before they were just a sorta random game changer. It's no longer dangerous either, when you have low life(high percentage) you had to be extra careful.... that is simply gone now is it not? Also I wonder if pickups will kill enemies?? And summon able characters?(pokemon and some other stuff, such as grey Fox in SSB). The new KO system ain't an improvement imo.

-MD-
  • Total Posts : 8195
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 5:39 AM
A ton of characters in Madden's list aren't even playstation characters. I'm pretty sure they're only using stuff they actually own.

Eiffel
  • Total Posts : 11768
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 5:45 AM
-MD-

A ton of characters in Madden's list aren't even playstation characters. I'm pretty sure they're only using stuff they actually own.

That or license agreement with a publisher. If there's no Crash Bandicoot or Spyro then it's just a missed opportunity. Crash Bash is a good example of how well Crash would fair in a game like this, even Spyro with his pyro abilities is another great choice for a roaster. 

Crash was Sony's Mario, with a game like this, you just can't leave him out. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Friday, April 27, 2012 5:47 AM>

PeeWizzle
  • Total Posts : 2851
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 5:47 AM
I don't like a single character that Sony owns but this game does look like fun. 
My soul is still dancing.  

Joule
  • Total Posts : 2918
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 5:58 AM
RedDead

I'm sorta on the sides about this KO system. In one way I will miss fighting over the special, when one person got that after the battle, everyone had to back off and try their best to stay away from it's effect etc. Now the game is based around getting those whereas before they were just a sorta random game changer. It's no longer dangerous either, when you have low life(high percentage) you had to be extra careful.... that is simply gone now is it not? Also I wonder if pickups will kill enemies?? And summon able characters?(pokemon and some other stuff, such as grey Fox in SSB). The new KO system ain't an improvement imo.

The KO system is kind of 50/50 for me now that I saw the videos goflyakite posted. Your actually able to swim in this game. Also I like how the LBP level was building itself.

Also only being able to kill people by using super is kinda weird. I would like to be able to beat the **** out of people without using special like I do in SSBB.

goflyakite
  • Total Posts : 1439
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 6:02 AM
Just finished watching the GT interview video and there will be a stock mode where each player has a certain amount of lives, sounds a lot better than the timed mode to me.

-MD-
  • Total Posts : 8195
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 6:05 AM
I don't really like how you have to use a special attack to kill someone... wouldn't that get repetitive really fast? Glad to hear Parappa is a solid character though.

Ricksta_13
  • Total Posts : 28
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 6:44 AM
  ^ I dnt think so, as it add more strategy to the game.Knowing if you should save the special move for the right time, or maybe to counter another special. Having health the brawl would be over to quickly as it could turn into a 3 on 1 LOL which will happen. There is also 3 levels of special move each character is able to use. Also all the pick ups and dynamic levels adds to the FUN!!!

Greyslash
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 7:20 AM
If Simon Belmont is in this game, my life will be made.

Rage_S90
  • Total Posts : 7899
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 7:38 AM
They should have copied smash bros finishing. 

RedDead
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 7:47 AM
Yeah if they copied it as much as they have already they should have just went the full swing. This 'difference' isn't fooling anyone, the game is a clone of SSB with a worse(imo)finishing system. Maybe some other modes or settings will make up for it though. Giving them health bars or something. If they do the health bars then I have no problem with the game, even though knocking out of the screen is still better(forces use of strong/slow/weak/fast attacks), a health bar is close enough

Emilio_Estevez
  • Total Posts : 2085
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 8:19 AM
I wanna know who the 3rd party guys and the final boss is going to be!   It looks pretty good, Holiday season this year can't come soon enough. Have to start saving some $$.

Rage_S90
  • Total Posts : 7899
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 8:22 AM
RedDead

Yeah if they copied it as much as they have already they should have just went the full swing. This 'difference' isn't fooling anyone, the game is a clone of SSB with a worse(imo)finishing system. Maybe some other modes or settings will make up for it though. Giving them health bars or something. If they do the health bars then I have no problem with the game, even though knocking out of the screen is still better(forces use of strong/slow/weak/fast attacks), a health bar is close enough

On the plus side at least it will have a decent online mode. That abomination in smash was laughable. If it can keep that frantic fun of smash then I'll get it as smash is my favourite fighting game.

RedDead
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 8:29 AM
I never played online on Smash...I tried a few times but...it never happened. What annoys me about that(wii in general) actually, Monster Hunter Tri has a great online(akin to Demons/dark souls) but barely no other games do. So yeah at least the Ps3 will have that, and the characters will be good too.

Convas
  • Total Posts : 2466
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 9:21 AM
Meh. I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me. It looks good, but nothing has jumped out and grabbed me like Sly Cooper: Thieves, The Last of Us, or LittleBigPlanet Karting. Need to see more. Edit: I see Sly and Parappa. But no Crash or Spyro and NO SALE!!!
<message edited by Convas on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:24 AM>
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)

Nate-Dog
  • Total Posts : 2068
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 9:31 AM
Not that interested in it yet myself from what I have seen. Are those characters in the OP confirmed or is that a wishlist? I'll keep my eye on this of course and I'll watch some longer gameplay videos (thanks for the extra links of those goflyakite) but I don't think I'll be that interested in it. Maybe it'll be something I'll get when it goes down a good bit in price.

Maddens Raiders
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:00 AM
-MD-

A ton is a lot!  Who?  There are some on the list that I'm concerned about (in particular) Cloud & Sephiroth but nearly everything I listed was shown on only one home console (PS) then later released onto MS Windows, like Legacy of Kain for example - and still a lot of them were PS only.  This is the Battle Royale chat 'em up smash 'em up!  This list is not to be made permanent but to be fluid, pliable, and changeable...so if you see a mistake I've made or someone else as far as character licensing/ownership/and ip interest just make the accurate correction.

Believe me I will petition SuperBot w/ great vigor to see some of these beloved characters brought back to modern relevance.  Besides the licensing of some non SCEE, SCEA, or SCEI characters, I don't see it being that difficult for these guys to pull fully licensed Sony characters out of the vault and bringing them to life.  Like I said I think SNE can really position themselves to make a ton off DLC for this title b/c ppl are driven by seeing and playing with their most characters of yesteryear!  Man...I know my uber geek is shining through right now, but the confirmation of this PS Brawl has really brightened my 2012 in lieu of waiting for other monster titles GT6, KZ4, and GOW 4   Make suggestions, educate, and help make this discussion & appreciation thread as accurate as possible.  Thank you.

LtSkittles
  • Total Posts : 3068
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:15 AM
Not interested at this point. Looks like a clone of Super Smash Bros.

Sillyace92
  • Total Posts : 2279
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:19 AM
It looks so vanilla. And not a fan of not being able to kill people normally.

KEVERS
  • Total Posts : 18366
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:22 AM
wait wait wait.....THIS is the exclusive that everybody was making a big deal about?

RedDead
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:26 AM
Well, consider SSB is so popular and gets great reviews etc...and this is a carbon copy with some other shiz, this is one to be hyped. it could turn out alright

Maddens Raiders
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:38 AM
Check out this write up from IGN:
Let's not beat around the bush: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has blatantly and unabashedly borrowed from Nintendo's ubiquitous brawler Super Smash Bros. in innumerable ways. But let's not sell it short, either. Even though All-Stars pays serious homage to what came before it, it still looks like a game that the PlayStation Faithful will absolutely eat-up in droves. 

Rumored to have existed for several months under the monikerTitle Fight, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is currently under development at SuperBot Entertainment (with the help of Sony's super-powered group at Santa Monica Studio). And after getting extensive hands-on time with the game, it's difficult not to get excited about the possibility that, while incredibly and undeniably similar to Smash Bros., it could turn out to be a very strong game in its own right. 

The paramount reason why All-Stars has such incredible potential is simple. As SuperBot's president Chan Park explained, his development house has been "purpose-built" to create a fighting game like this. A lot of the talent working on the game has extensive experience in the genre. The development team totes guys that worked on series from UFC Undisputed to Mortal Kombat. These guys didn't just look at what Nintendo did and outright copy it. Rather, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale represents the definition of iteration, an evolution of the style of game that attempts to take the formula to another level. 

For the time being, Sony allowed SuperBot Entertainment to show-off six of the game's characters, and the cast represents a hodgepodge of PlayStation franchises. Fat Princess, Parappa the Rapper and Sly Cooper join the likes of Twisted Metal's Sweet Tooth, Killzone's Colonel Radec and God of War's Kratos on the preliminary roster, though Sony will reveal many more characters leading up to the game's launch, which should occur during the lead-up to 2012's holiday season. 

Each character has his or her own combat style, which immediately becomes evident when you begin playing for yourself. Parappa the Rapper has strength at close range, where he can use his Chop Chop Master Onion-learned kung-fu stylings on his opponents. Colonel Radec, on the other hand, is almost entirely ineffective unless at a distance, relying on a plethora of Helghan firearms and pieces of technology from afar. 

Sweet Tooth's considerable strength complements his brutal fighting style while Kratos' skill with his arsenal of weapons is obvious. But the two most interesting characters in this preliminary roster were undoubtedly Sly Cooper and Fat Princess. Sly Cooper's agility shines through almost immediately, and he has a special skill that no other character has. He forfeits his ability to block -- something every other character can do -- instead going invisible when the L1 button is held down. This allows him to sneakily slink around and get the jump on other characters. Fat Princess, on the other hand, relies on her deceptive, innocent look to get in close and cause the brunt of her damage. She can even summon forth minions such as the sword-wielding warrior or the fire-throwing wizard from her self-titled game to briefly supplement her attacks. 

In a game like this, it should come as no surprise that SuperBot Entertainment wants it to feel accessible. And it most certainly does. Attacks are mapped to the Square, Triangle and Circle buttons coinciding with the direction you're pressing on the d-pad or left analog stick, giving each character an exceptional amount of moves. The right stick can be used to throw opponents, while the R1 button lets players pick up items (such as the Hedgehog Grenade from Resistance) in the environment to use on enemies. 

And then there's the most powerful button in the game: R2. By building a special meter for each character -- a la Street Fighter or Marvel vs. Capcom -- players can unleash a torrent of special attacks that grow in power the higher the meter gets. For instance, Sly Cooper's standard first level attack might be fairly unimpressive, but his second level attack allows him to bomb enemies from above and can easily kill everyone on the screen. And if you get to a third level attack, watch out: Colonel Radec will get into a body-encompassing machinegun from Killzone 3, while Sweet Tooth turns into a gigantic truck to rain down destruction on his foes. These attacks spell almost certain death for everyone else on-screen. 

But with accessibility comes inevitable depth, and it quickly becomes apparent that the more you play, the more nuance you'll be able to derive from the experience. You'll develop a play style and preferences for certain characters; as an example, Colonel Radec will be a complete turnoff if you're not into ranged attacks, while Sly Cooper may just be too damn fast for you to keep track of. But there is balance, too, and no one character seems to have an edge over anyone else… at least not in this small group of six.

Sweet Tooth's coming for you!

Another stand-out in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is its stages, of which SuperBot Entertainment showed-off four. Unlike Smash Bros., which has levels mostly relegated to a single franchise, All-Stars has stages dedicated to two franchises each. The Metropolis level is dedicated to Ratchet & Clank and God of War, while Jak and Daxter's Sandover Village also incorporates Hot Shots Golf. Likewise, Hades (not surprisingly) revolves around God of War, but includes the famous PSP franchise Patapon, too. And then there's the Dreamscape, which combines LittleBigPlanet with Buzz!, complete with ingenious in-game quizzes that keep things fresh on the fly. 

The best news of all, though, is that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is primed with options. The game can be played locally or online with up to four players, which will no doubt be the meat of the experience for many players. But a single-player campaign has also been promised, one that will satisfy solo gamers while supplementing everyone else's experience. It's not only about online or only about single-player, but rather a combination of both. In other words: the best of both worlds. 

After playing the game, speaking to the president of the studio and then playing the game some more, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is no longer a game I'm profoundly skeptical of, but one of my most-anticipated upcoming projects. There's no reason to be coy about its inspiration -- Super Smash Bros. undeniably paved the way for it -- but no reason exists to dismiss it as a clone, either. After all, it's not very often that a clone gives its inspiration a serious run for its money. And from what I've seen and played of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, it seems ready to do just that. 

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223840p1.html

UP
  • Total Posts : 381
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:39 AM
The previews have been pretty positive and seem to say that while the game looks like SB it does not really play like SB.  Oh and the amount of butthurt and rage this reveal has generated is pretty amazing. 
<message edited by UP on Friday, April 27, 2012 11:00 AM>

This is a manly picnic.  No glasses, no napkins, whisky only, the beverage of true men....... and pretzels.

mafiahajeri
  • Total Posts : 62
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:39 AM
KEVERS

wait wait wait.....THIS is the exclusive that everybody was making a big deal about?

Its a an exclusive reveal and its Sony what were you expecting no hype? It seems you dont know what SSB is and why people are excited. Its justified hype and you giggling like a girl doesnt change anything :D

Maddens Raiders
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:44 AM
UP

The preview have been pretty positive and seem so say that while the game looks like SB it does not really play like SB.  Oh and the amount of butthurt and rage this reveal has generated is pretty amazing. 

This, I don't understand.  Besides Master Chief & The Gears gang, Mario & the Ninty gang,  I think this title offers something for everyone!  I love characters & I really really liked playing SSBB, but maybe I get a little more excited for these types of games than the average gamer. 

LtSkittles
  • Total Posts : 3068
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:49 AM
mafiahajeri

KEVERS

Its a an exclusive reveal and its Sony what were you expecting no hype? It seems you dont know what SSB is and why people are excited. Its justified hype and you giggling like a girl doesnt change anything :D

I agree with him, and I do know what SSB is, and this looks exactly like it, just with Playstation Characters. I don't understand the hype, and if someone's willing to tell me what's sooo good about then maybe it'll change my mind, but I doubt it. 

INehalemEXI
  • Total Posts : 3933
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:57 AM
Looks sweet 4 player madness. Are those characters confirmed already ?

KEVERS
  • Total Posts : 18366
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 10:58 AM
mafiahajeri

KEVERS

I actually own SSB Brawl. I bought it for my super casual wife and we both agree I wasted our money. Rediculous. All of it.

Kon
  • Total Posts : 10774
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 11:01 AM
It wont sell more than a million

Source: Me, i'm an industry analyst.

Also, game looks good, can't wait to play it.
<message edited by Kon on Friday, April 27, 2012 11:04 AM>
Stop Cyberbullying!

Convas
  • Total Posts : 2466
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 11:02 AM
mafiahajeri

There's your problem bucko. People are just getting sick of the general douchebaggery every time a Sony game is announced. God-level hype machines are activated from day one, instead of gradually and the "victors" become a little to braggadocious about their games.

(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 11:02 AM
Sillyace92

It looks so vanilla. And not a fan of not being able to kill people normally.

Yeah, the **** is that all about? It's an arms race to raise AP? Sounds stupid.

TheDareDevil
  • Total Posts : 1889
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 11:04 AM
LtSkittles

mafiahajeri

KEVERS

I agree with him, and I do know what SSB is, and this looks exactly like it, just with Playstation Characters. I don't understand the hype, and if someone's willing to tell me what's sooo good about then maybe it'll change my mind, but I doubt it. 

Slow news day + PS3 exclusive + N4PS3G

Kon
  • Total Posts : 10774
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 11:06 AM
Wait game looks bad i changed my mind.
Stop Cyberbullying!

Emilio_Estevez
  • Total Posts : 2085
Re:☼PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Mothership☼ - Friday, April 27, 2012 11:08 AM
Seeing as how nobody watched the GTTV episode and doesn't seem to know:

They only revealed 6 Characters so far:
Sly Cooper
Kratos
Fat Princess
Radec
Parappa the Rappa
Sweet Tooth

They said they will slowly reveal them and 3rd party characters would be included

Anything else in regards to characters is an opinion or speculation.

Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 40 of 301 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version