OUYA

DivisibleWall1
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
OUYA - Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:43 PM
SOOO... I dont know if you any of you heard but about 4 days ago a new Gaming Console was introduced. OUYA! It is an android based gaming system making a Landslide in April 2013. It is pumping 1 GB of ram and Tegra 3 quad core processor. So why so much ram and little graphics? Well for a smooth 109$ (includes shipping :D) why worry? Look, the 360 only has 512 MB, and it runs fine eh? Your tablet or phone seems to play games great right? Well could you picture that in 1080p HD? Now put CoD Halo, Madden, and Gears Of War in that picture for free. Sounds like a winner winner chicken dinner to me  But still, a completely hackable device. MADE FOR HACKS? Well if you have an android not a issue. Its running 4.0 android operating system and they WANT YOU TO ROOT IT! They want you to open it and add stuff to it. IT IS YOUR SYSTEM! YOURS!!! NO COPY RIGHTS APPLY!! YOU ARE FREEEEEEE!!! So... With out being said. The first person to make 360 OUYA jtags somethings will be the boss of OUYA.. lol..

What are yalls thoughts on it? I know I will be ordering one. Even if it is a complete flop, its only like 100 bucks. Want can I lose?  Do you like the idea of a completely rootable system or not? Do you like having to try to break the law to do cool crap? Well I still do so Ima keep my xbox close hehe 

acemonkey
  • Total Posts : 3092
Re:OUYA - Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:47 PM
buy it for me and send it too me and then i tell you what i think...but yeah

bro get avatar

karlowma
  • Total Posts : 77
Re:OUYA - Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:53 PM
Why would I possibly want to play mobile phone games on my television?
Just Game.

Letros
  • Total Posts : 1264
Re:OUYA - Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:54 PM
Don't expect much from a Tegra 3, especially not anything graphical at 1080p.  Although for the price I'll probably get one to play around with, its a good step towards more open consoles. Oddly enough, this is what Valve should be doing as a Steambox IMO, but atm they are too tied into Windows.
<message edited by Letros on Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:55 PM>

B Man
  • Total Posts : 8479
Re:OUYA - Sunday, August 12, 2012 6:22 PM

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:OUYA - Sunday, August 12, 2012 7:40 PM
Ouya is ****. That is all.

Also you sound like one of the developers, no we won't give you money for your phone that cannot make phone calls.

Third edit: 

I just read Ops post, he/she is one of those people that think Ouya will be able to play Gears of war and Skyrim. LOLOL. I cannot wait until this system comes out and everyone realizes they got jipped 100$.
<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Sunday, August 12, 2012 7:43 PM>

TheDareDevil
  • Total Posts : 1889
Re:OUYA - Monday, August 13, 2012 9:20 AM
ZombieNinjaPanda

Also you sound like one of the developers, no we won't give you money for your phone that cannot make phone calls.

Third edit: 

I just read Ops post, he/she is one of those people that think Ouya will be able to play Gears of war and Skyrim. LOLOL. I cannot wait until this system comes out and everyone realizes they got jipped 100$.

Considering OnLive is on Ouya, it is possible that you can play Gears of War and Skyrim it.

OT - I don't see why anyone would buy a console to play mobile games on your TV. They're going to look like sh*t. The only reason it looks half-decent is because you play it on your phone/tablet.

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:OUYA - Monday, August 13, 2012 11:39 AM
TheDareDevil

ZombieNinjaPanda

Third edit: 

Considering OnLive is on Ouya, it is possible that you can play Gears of War and Skyrim it.

OT - I don't see why anyone would buy a console to play mobile games on your TV. They're going to look like sh*t. The only reason it looks half-decent is because you play it on your phone/tablet.

Not like that. They actually believe OUYA will be able to download these games individually, and run them at insane graphics that are more or less equal or greater than current console systems. If you've seen the polls that the OUYA developers are making, people are responding that they want Assassins creed, ARMAII (Since it can easily handle it apparently) things like that. It's depressing that there are so many stupid people in this world. 

TheDareDevil
  • Total Posts : 1889
Re:OUYA - Monday, August 13, 2012 12:14 PM
ZombieNinjaPanda

TheDareDevil

ZombieNinjaPanda

Third edit: 

Not like that. They actually believe OUYA will be able to download these games individually, and run them at insane graphics that are more or less equal or greater than current console systems. If you've seen the polls that the OUYA developers are making, people are responding that they want Assassins creed, ARMAII (Since it can easily handle it apparently) things like that. It's depressing that there are so many stupid people in this world. 

Oh. Seems like there are going to be a lot of disappointed people asking for refunds.

Nizzy79
  • Total Posts : 2688
Re:OUYA - Monday, February 18, 2013 2:48 PM
i just did a search and you guys don't even care 
ouya is coming out in a few weeks, for those who got it through kickstarter, and nobody even talks about it... all you care about is that stupid ps4(which i'll be getting day one... of course) and what ms might have to offer. 

all jokes aside will you be getting one, why or why not?
movies i rated on IMDb SmilesAreFree 

MidnytRain
  • Total Posts : 3755
Re:OUYA - Monday, February 18, 2013 2:55 PM
How do you even pronounce this thing?

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:OUYA - Monday, February 18, 2013 2:59 PM
@Oo YUH

I think?

@Nizzy

No one is talking about it because it's an android phone in an enclosed box with a fan that doesn't have phone capabilities. There's nothing to really talk about. 

Nizzy79
Re:OUYA - Monday, February 18, 2013 3:11 PM
ZombieNinjaPanda

@Oo YUH

I think?

@Nizzy

No one is talking about it because it's an android phone in an enclosed box with a fan that doesn't have phone capabilities. There's nothing to really talk about. 

the fact that they want you to hack it makes it desirable. the possibilities seem to be endless and it seems to be a developers dream. what better way for a small start up programmer to get their ideas out there? i think it's awesome. 

if you're looking at it from the perspective of it not being a powerful system, i get that... but good things come in small packages 

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:OUYA - Monday, February 18, 2013 3:16 PM
Nizzy79

ZombieNinjaPanda

@Oo YUH

I think?

@Nizzy

the fact that they want you to hack it makes it desirable. the possibilities seem to be endless and it seems to be a developers dream. what better way for a small start up programmer to get their ideas out there? i think it's awesome. 

if you're looking at it from the perspective of it not being a powerful system, i get that... but good things come in small packages 

That makes it even worse. That insures that no developers will touch it except for indie developers who make iphone flash games.  And why would small start up programmers use this when they have PCs?

Kon
  • Total Posts : 11113
Re:OUYA - Monday, February 18, 2013 3:17 PM
MidnytRain

How do you even pronounce this thing?

OUYA
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.

Nizzy79
Re:OUYA - Monday, February 18, 2013 3:45 PM
ZombieNinjaPanda

Nizzy79

ZombieNinjaPanda

@Oo YUH

I think?

@Nizzy

That makes it even worse. That insures that no developers will touch it except for indie developers who make iphone flash games.  And why would small start up programmers use this when they have PCs?

you can't limit yourself to just pc's... it's a known fact that more people have been buying phones and tablets than pcs. there's really no need for a pc at this point in time. 

there's a market out there... the fact that they asked for $950k but got $8.5 million should tell you something. the people want something new, developers want something new. it might not live up to your standards, but this thing is going to make money lol

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:OUYA - Monday, February 18, 2013 5:36 PM
Nizzy79

you can't limit yourself to just pc's... it's a known fact that more people have been buying phones and tablets than pcs. there's really no need for a pc at this point in time.  

there's a market out there... the fact that they asked for $950k but got $8.5 million should tell you something. the people want something new, developers want something new. it might not live up to your standards, but this thing is going to make money lol

Oh yeah and I'm gonna pull a goodno. Citation on this known fact please.

Yeah, you wanna know what it tells me? People are morons. Do you want to know what were some of the most requested games on the device? Assassins creed 3. Crysis 2 and 3. Skyrim. People want something new? No, they wanted a 100 dollar machine that they thought could run intense games on a higher caliber than consoles, equal or greater to PCs. The proof is on their kickstarter. They were even egging these people on making polls: "So which games do you want to see in this console". You've been lied to about this device.

And yeah, you can limit yourself to just PCs. Why? Because there are most likely more PCs out there than consoles combined. But the only fact of the matter is, you have a PC which is 100X more capable and better than the OUYA in every which way, is open source, you can develop for it on multiple languages, and possibly make it cheaper than anything else. Meanwhile the OUYA is..android based..and..well that's it. Yeah, that's great, isn't it?
In the meantime, people are attempting to hype up something with half the capabilities and power. I'd have no problem if people were excited about the OUYA because it's a cheap android tv box, but you and others are attempting to hype it up to something it's not and never will be, and then comparing it to something that exceeds it in every field, but denying that fact because "lol markets lol". Anyway, nothing about the OUYA is a developers dream especially with, let me reiterate, the fact that the thing is being advertised as hackable. Immediately any developer would look at this and say "oh wow, I'm not gonna develop for this when the console maker doesn't even put in a safety net so my game doesn't get stolen instantly". At least with consoles and handhelds there is a safety net that needs to be cracked.
<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Monday, February 18, 2013 5:38 PM>

Nizzy79
Re:OUYA - Monday, February 18, 2013 6:57 PM
ZombieNinjaPanda

Nizzy79

Oh yeah and I'm gonna pull a goodno. Citation on this known fact please.

Yeah, you wanna know what it tells me? People are morons. Do you want to know what were some of the most requested games on the device? Assassins creed 3. Crysis 2 and 3. Skyrim. People want something new? No, they wanted a 100 dollar machine that they thought could run intense games on a higher caliber than consoles, equal or greater to PCs. The proof is on their kickstarter. They were even egging these people on making polls: "So which games do you want to see in this console". You've been lied to about this device.

And yeah, you can limit yourself to just PCs. Why? Because there are most likely more PCs out there than consoles combined. But the only fact of the matter is, you have a PC which is 100X more capable and better than the OUYA in every which way, is open source, you can develop for it on multiple languages, and possibly make it cheaper than anything else. Meanwhile the OUYA is..android based..and..well that's it. Yeah, that's great, isn't it?
In the meantime, people are attempting to hype up something with half the capabilities and power. I'd have no problem if people were excited about the OUYA because it's a cheap android tv box, but you and others are attempting to hype it up to something it's not and never will be, and then comparing it to something that exceeds it in every field, but denying that fact because "lol markets lol". Anyway, nothing about the OUYA is a developers dream especially with, let me reiterate, the fact that the thing is being advertised as hackable. Immediately any developer would look at this and say "oh wow, I'm not gonna develop for this when the console maker doesn't even put in a safety net so my game doesn't get stolen instantly". At least with consoles and handhelds there is a safety net that needs to be cracked.

you want facts right? this was published november 2012... so you know it's worst now
"Tablet sales have already approached nearly 25 percent of PC sales. As computer sales are in decline, sales of tablets rose 49.5 percent from the same quarter in the prior year. That’s more bad news for traditional computer makers."
http://gigaom.com/2012/11/05/nearly-1-in-4-computers-sold-last-quarter-were-tablets/

but back to your topic... people want new, but people can't say the game they want. they say what's familiar to them... they're saying they want creed 3 and cysis cause it's a game they've played. they might possibly want a new one for the ouya. time will tell my friend, but one thing is for sure... it's going to make money cause people want new, they're tired of just 4 options and with a price of $100, lol why the hell wouldn't you want it?

caseh
  • Total Posts : 317
Re:OUYA - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:40 AM
Think some people are missing the bigger picture with OUYA. Not only does Android have a ridiculous amount of software already available to it but this kit will easily double up as a media center with HD output and its easily portable to boot. For $100 you would be silly to overlook this kit.

Nizzy79
Re:OUYA - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:41 AM
Bingo

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:OUYA - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:53 AM
Nizzy79

you want facts right? this was published november 2012... so you know it's worst now 
"Tablet sales have already approached nearly 25 percent of PC sales. As computer sales are in decline, sales of tablets rose 49.5 percent from the same quarter in the prior year. That’s more bad news for traditional computer makers."
http://gigaom.com/2012/11/05/nearly-1-in-4-computers-sold-last-quarter-were-tablets/

but back to your topic... people want new, but people can't say the game they want. they say what's familiar to them... they're saying they want creed 3 and cysis cause it's a game they've played. they might possibly want a new one for the ouya. time will tell my friend, but one thing is for sure... it's going to make money cause people want new, they're tired of just 4 options and with a price of $100, lol why the hell wouldn't you want it?

No, they're saying they want Creed 3 and Crysis because they think the box can run it. Have you even been following this since it debuted on kickstarter? The people supporting this are being misled into thinking this can run things of that quality. By the developers themselves. Already I dislike these people. As I said, they used that 100$ price point and false information to advertise it, milking people's idiotic assumptions that this device can compete with the Ps4, 720, WiiU or Steambox. 

And to respond to your final question "Why the hell wouldn't you want it?" Well mainly because most people already have a phone that can do everything this box can do. Except it has the added benefits of being a phone.

thorstein
  • Total Posts : 438
Re:OUYA - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:33 AM
 Ouya is done before it is even out of the box. It won't have enjoyable MP games simply because it would be sooo easy to hack the hell out of them. So that is an entire HUGE genre that won't be used. Single player games, sure, but I can't see Where's My Water looking very good on a 40" LED. Sorry. This system is already toast. Oh, and I already have an android phone with all these titles. I rooted it and play whatever I want to my heart's content. Why would I pay $100 for a system that is essentially what I just got for free at Best Buy when I upgraded my services?

Nizzy79
Re:OUYA - Friday, March 01, 2013 5:28 AM

Games! Games! Games!

"Yeah, yeah, but can you tell me anything more about what games are coming?" Yes, we can:

Kim Swift -- of Portal, Left 4 Dead, and Quantum Conundrum notoriety -- and Airtight Games are developing a brand new, exclusive title for OUYA! Kim writes: “We truly feel that this platform will give us the freedom to fully realize the funky, unique game we have in mind. Though the title will definitely appeal to core gamers in terms of skill and difficulty, it really has a completely unexpected, imaginative slant that's totally at home on this console. Expect an official announcement soon!"

Minority Media, developers of the critically acclaimed Papo & Yo, will deliver their in-development adventure puzzler to OUYA this fall. This is the first game (that we know of) designed to take full advantage of the OUYA touchpad and buttons simultaneously. We’ll need a name for this new style of gameplay. Controlpad … Touchutton ... hmm.

Ever play Killing Floor or Red Orchestra 2? Do you like first-person shooter puzzle games as much as we do? Well, we’re excited to announce that Tripwire Interactive is bringing The Ball to OUYA in March. They’re also working with OUYA on a new, exclusive title. I could tell you more but then I’d have to … well, you know how the saying goes :).
<message edited by Skv007 on Friday, March 01, 2013 6:18 AM>

WildArmed
  • Total Posts : 10162
Re:OUYA - Friday, March 01, 2013 6:16 AM
Nizzy brokeded the forums :O

It's agood idea to paste the text into a notepad then cut it out to avoid formatting issues :)

Nizzy79
Re:OUYA - Friday, March 29, 2013 7:33 AM

KozmoOchez
  • Total Posts : 5327
Re:OUYA - Friday, March 29, 2013 8:41 PM
thorstein

Ouya is done before it is even out of the box. It won't have enjoyable MP games simply because it would be sooo easy to hack the hell out of them. So that is an entire HUGE genre that won't be used. Single player games, sure, but I can't see Where's My Water looking very good on a 40" LED. Sorry. This system is already toast. Oh, and I already have an android phone with all these titles. I rooted it and play whatever I want to my heart's content. Why would I pay $100 for a system that is essentially what I just got for free at Best Buy when I upgraded my services?

I think too many people are focusing on the games aspect, I know that's what they are pushing the most, but I feel like the fact that this thing is "hackable" and tons of people will have the ability to do whatever they want, the possibility of this thing becoming some super awesome entertainment system is really high. I mostly wanted it to replace the Google TV that I gave to my friend since it has XBMC already available, but the thought of how awesome this could get is really what could justify the $100.  Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but we all saw what people were able to do with modded psps, rooted android devices, modded 360s, etc. Just think of the possibilities when you have something that is already opened and not constantly being patched to block access.

Amigaengine
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:OUYA - Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:22 AM
  Its going to be a fun 100.00 gaming box with XBMC. Nuff said for me.

Nizzy79
Re:OUYA - Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:05 PM
got mine in the mail 2 days ago. not a bad system. it's so new it'll go through a LOT of system updates before it's something great. 

anywho... does anybody else have one?
i'm trying to install an hbo app on it. it installs and everything, but won't open as a functioning app.