PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced!

Nutsack
  • Total Posts : 248
  • Reward points : 0
PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:24 AM
For both USA and EU the announcement is there!

Both get Uncharted and Gravity Rush and Tales. USA gets Wipeout 2048 now, Jet Set Radio HD, EU doesn't get those (yet) but gets Chronovolt now.

Every month two PSVita games will be given for free. That stuff all gets on top of the PS3 content given with PS+!

Great deal for 50 bucks IMO, this is a good selling point for current PS+ users on PS3 to get a PSVita with it this Christmas. And unit sales is what it is about now for PSVita to get a healthy installed base to get more 3rd party devs/games in!

It is here next week with the PSN Store update

http://blog.eu.playstatio...mment-page-3/#comments

http://blog.us.playstatio...xt-week-take-the-tour/

flip-it3
  • Total Posts : 6628
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:27 AM
This actually makes the Vita look much more attractive. PS+ is actually a great deal when I used to have it, get to play games I would have never bought but enjoyed them like Costume Quest. If I ever decide to get one it would be the next revision of the Vita... lol first model of the handhelds suck, first psp and the fist DS were ugly and huge. 

Just realized there isnt 2 subscriptions, you get ps3 and vita games under the same ps+. Ok now that actually is a steal if you have both. 

They just need to show new customers what ps+ is. 
<message edited by flip-it3 on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:32 AM>

Nutsack
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:32 AM
[
quote=flip-it3]

This actually makes the Vita look much more attractive. PS+ is actually a great deal when I used to have it, get to play games I would have never bought but enjoyed them like Costume Quest. If I ever decide to get one it would be the next revision of the Vita... lol first model of the handhelds suck, first psp and the fist DS were ugly and huge. 

Indeed dude, the good thing is too that the 70 mln PS3 users out there might jump in, certainly those that own PS+ already.

The thing Sony needs to do now is sell PSVita on PSN Store and ship it to their houses. Direct selling where the Playstation (+) gamers are!

Here are the games in pictures BTW

TheNocturnus
  • Total Posts : 4402
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:38 AM
Nice. XBL really needs to get in on this. XBL Platinum or something.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx

Ducky
  • Total Posts : 2338
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:01 PM
Can I 'purchase' those games from my PS3?

I'd rather just tag them as a purchase, accumulate a large digital library, then buy the vita down the line.

Nutsack
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:14 PM
FatOldMan

Can I 'purchase' those games from my PS3?

I'd rather just tag them as a purchase, accumulate a large digital library, then buy the vita down the line.

Yup you can, like all PSVita content. You can transfer it from PS3 to PSVita too by connecting it on USB lateron.

thinking
  • Total Posts : 374
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:14 PM
Meh, this is not a good thing.

Nutsack
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:29 PM
thinking

Meh, this is not a good thing.

Yes it is, the hardware needs more units sold or there won't be much 3rd party support, nor will there be large enough sales for games anyways.

PSVita sitting on 3 mln sales, or little over is not enough. At first Sony expected what, 16 mln PSVitas in the first fiscal year sold, now it is down to what, 10 mln? This might push PSVitas to people that already have PS+ on PS3 and new owners that get 3 months or a year PS+ for free with a PSVita in a bundle deal.

Furthermore, Uncharted has pretty much sold to everyone who has a PSVita, maybe just not you, but mainly is there for people that buy a PSVita now. Gravity Rush is a game that didn't sell a lot, but is a good game so at least more PSVita users get to play it now.

Everyone is winning, developers will get money from Sony through PS+ for the games given.

moegooner88
  • Total Posts : 2041
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:33 PM
I am seriously considering getting a vita now

TheLastGuardian
  • Total Posts : 3666
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:07 PM
I already own Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, WipEout 2048 and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, they're all amazing games if you ask me. I'd rate them all 9/10 or above. Very nice instant collection of games, too bad I already own most of them. I don't really want to re-sub to Plus right now anyway. I have more than enough games to play without it.

Nutsack
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:25 AM
TheLastGuardian

I already own Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, WipEout 2048 and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, they're all amazing games if you ask me. I'd rate them all 9/10 or above. Very nice instant collection of games, too bad I already own most of them. I don't really want to re-sub to Plus right now anyway. I have more than enough games to play without it.

Maybe it is an idea to sell some of the games and get another new game for it, while getting them for PS+ for free? It is not like one plays the same game storyline over and over again, right?

Anyways, in December another 2 new PSVita games will be dropped, maybe something will be there for you. When Sony announced the instant game collection for PSVita, I put a hold on the games I buy. I expected the great game, but not selling so well Gravity Rush already for PS+, and I expected Wipeout 2048 too. Although EU didn't get the latter yet, probably will in December. The only game I will be buying any time is LittleBigPlanet, maybe I'll sell my Uncharted to the gameshop for a rebate on LBPV as in EU we get that game with PS+ for free too.

Another one that isn't in there yet, which I expected to be as it is showing the touch functionality of the PSVita best, is Escape Plan. 

For December my guess is Wipeout 2048 for EU added with Rayman Origins or Hot Shot Golf or Lumines or Mortal Kombat. MK I already own so I hope it won't be but it is a likely candidate.  For USA probably the game EU gets now Chrono something and another one of those just mentioned.

thinking
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:18 AM
I am starting to appreciate this more today, but still overall not so pleased with it.

Nutsack
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:37 AM
thinking

I am starting to appreciate this more today, but still overall not so pleased with it.

It is because you are a crybaby.

Why are you pleased with PS+ for PS3 as you are a member, but not for PSVita again? You make no sense.

thinking
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Friday, November 16, 2012 1:50 PM
Sony offering ACIII, Black Ops Declassified, Lego Batman 2 PS Vita bundles for $200;  
[link=http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps-vita-ps3-bundles-discounted-for-black-friday-6400187]http://www.gamespot.com/n...r-black-friday-6400187[/link]

Combine this with PSN+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection and you got a hell of a deal.. A HELL OF A DEAL.

Nutsack
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Friday, November 16, 2012 5:26 PM
thinking

Sony offering ACIII, Black Ops Declassified, Lego Batman 2 PS Vita bundles for $200;  
[link=http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps-vita-ps3-bundles-discounted-for-black-friday-6400187]http://www.gamespot.com/n...r-black-friday-6400187[/link]

Combine this with PSN+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection and you got a hell of a deal.. A HELL OF A DEAL.

You suddenly like PS+???

thinking
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Monday, November 19, 2012 1:17 PM
Nutsack

thinking

You suddenly like PS+???

I confess I did not approve of PSN+ Instant Game Collection for Vita at first.
But now I do, ONE MORE DAY MU****RS!!!

kissme2
  • Total Posts : 15
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:22 AM
I have played gravity rush after finishing Dokuro..its an awesome game too..i heard about Sina coming tomorrow i think? but didnt see any videos yet of that game

Nutsack
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:58 AM
Yup Sine Mora great shoot em up! If there is a demo try it out first if it is for you. It is said to be a really challenging game, but a great game too. It'll be in todays update for USA, tomorrow for EU.

jotaro90
  • Total Posts : 11
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:02 AM
Its plus time :)

thinking
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:29 PM
Downloaded my PSN+ games on Tuesday, what a good feeling it was to have access to them for free. Just finished Uncharted Golden Abyss last night, what as awesomely amazingly spectacularly epic game. Tried Final Fantasy Tactics but it wasn't for me, couldn't get into that style of game play. SO I played some Jet Set Radio and that one I enjoyed, I will keep playing some here and there in small sessions. Everyone who has PSN+ now and a Vita needs to play Gravity Rush for it is a great game.

CalvinKlein
  • Total Posts : 5
Re:PS+ for PSVita Instant Game Collection announced! - Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:28 PM
 Yeah I never cared to get PS+ for PS3 but I couldnt pass this up on the vita. I only paid 18$ for 3 months of PS+ and its worth it for the vita games alone. Im lucky because Ive been holding off on many of those games since I got a vita in Feburary. The only one I already had was gravity rush. I just got Uncharted, wipeout, mutant blobs and JSR HD for free and those are all games that I wanted to get someday. Ill probably continue to buy 3 months of PS+ at a time depending on what the vita stuff looks like.