How do you think the Vita will pan out?

SonyStyled
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points : 0
How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:55 PM
In my eyes, although the psv is struggling at the moment i think it will have a very successful future. i think that more because what lies on the road ahead. for instance, i think a price drop as very inevitable in the spring. along with the release of killzone mercenary should shift some units for those who are interested in the series. the price drop will help the vita. with the vita selling 160,000 units during black friday in NA it proves that there is a market for it at a reduced price. also as time goes on, more games will be available for it. but what makes me think the most of why a successful future lies ahead for the psv is that of the launch of the ps4. i think what sony will do with the psv and ps4 is the same connectivity with what the wii u does with its gamepad. this handheld console can fail. its such an amazing system. its just got itself in a bad spot by a high price tag and a very small lineup of AAA games. what are your thoughts on the psv's future? what do you think good or bad lies ahead for it?

Tewi-Inaba
  • Total Posts : 2216
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:03 PM
ded in monts

Friend Code:1650-0941-8045

B Man
  • Total Posts : 8479
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:19 PM
Not well.  At least the 3DS has a bunch of kids that want it.  Not sure if Vita even has that.

TheColbertinator
  • Total Posts : 7301
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:21 PM
It will die soon enough.Now that I have P4G and Assassins Creed Vita the handheld can exit the stage.

PeeWizzle
  • Total Posts : 2870
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:22 PM
In a similar fashion to the PSP. It won't die but it will never do incredibly well either.  
My soul is still dancing.  

Tewi-Inaba
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:26 PM
TheColbertinator

It will die soon enough.Now that I have P4G and Assassins Creed Vita the handheld can exit the stage.

Funny, I actually borrowed a friend of mines vita and she borrowed my 3DS I only wanted to play PS4:TG and see the alternates and extras
Now that I have I truly have no reason for one.
also
Why did naoto have boobs ;__; take them back I don't want them...

TheColbertinator
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:32 PM
Tatsumaki

TheColbertinator

Funny, I actually borrowed a friend of mines vita and she borrowed my 3DS I only wanted to play PS4:TG and see the alternates and extras
also

Naoto always had them.Didn't you see her Christmas event?

Anyway its enough for me and many others to get a Vita.After P4G nothing will come close on either handheld apart from SMT4

moegooner88
  • Total Posts : 2046
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:33 PM
Vita selling well in black Friday indicated that the problem isn't the lack of demand, but people simply don't think the vita is worth the hefty price tag, following a price drop it could do well, price drop did wonders for 3ds anyway.

Milky
  • Total Posts : 2528
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:33 PM
I think it will be dead by the end of next year. The public is crazy for phones and tablets. The Vita is neither.
<message edited by Milky on Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:37 PM>
PSN: joe382

Tewi-Inaba
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:35 PM
TheColbertinator

Tatsumaki

TheColbertinator

also

Naoto always had them.Didn't you see her Christmas event?

Anyway its enough for me and many others to get a Vita.After P4G nothing will come close on either handheld apart from SMT4

Yeah I know that, She I just liked her design better when she was abit more conservative since she reminded me of Persona 3; I've done all the routes.  i was mad at that too ;__; freaking kimono

<message edited by Tatsumaki on Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:36 PM>

TheColbertinator
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:39 PM
Tatsumaki

Yeah I know that, She I just liked her design better when she was abit more conservative since she reminded me of Persona 3; I've done all the routes.  i was mad at that too ;__; freaking kimono

I enjoyed Marie's route.Kinda Sad at times but it was interesting.

The soundtrack they used for winter P4G was so good,those songs got stuck in my head within minutes.

There is too much I enjoyed about P4G.Started a new file to get all Persona remaining like Izanagi 2.0

flip-it3
  • Total Posts : 6628
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:00 PM
I think it will start doing well once they make their second revision "slim model" comes out. I actually might pick that up if they can keep expanding their library.

If they have Rival Schools as a PSV exclusive, Ill buy it. 

Tewi-Inaba
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:04 PM
flip-it3

I think it will start doing well once they make their second revision "slim model" comes out. I actually might pick that up if they can keep expanding their library.

If they have Rival Schools as a PSV exclusive, Ill buy it. 

That will come as soon as Sega Announces Dreamcast 2, Shenmue and Microsoft stands down from making consoles

flip-it3
  • Total Posts : 6628
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:29 PM
Tatsumaki

That will come as soon as Sega Announces Dreamcast 2, Shenmue and Microsoft stands down from making consoles

Ok sweet so by next year then =D

thebudgetgamer
  • Total Posts : 7018
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:51 PM
PeeWizzle

In a similar fashion to the PSP. It won't die but it will never do incredibly well either.  

PSP sold almost seventy million units, how is that even close to bad.

Tewi-Inaba
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:30 AM
Let's put this into perspective 
there are effectively 3.1 million + Vita owners world wide

Now lets take into account how many people bought Persona 4 The Golden
about 130k

SO 2,870,000 PEOPLE LET NANAKO DIE
AND THAT'S WHY I HATE VITA OWNERS
SHAME ON YOU ALL

GO SAVE NANAKO YOU FOOLS
<message edited by Tatsumaki on Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:45 AM>

Kon
  • Total Posts : 11111
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:34 AM
It will most definitely fail.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.

Kon
  • Total Posts : 11111
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:36 AM
Tatsumaki

about 130k

SHAME ON YOU ALL

GO SAVE NANAKO YOU FOOLS

Wait she dies what the **** oh man i didn't even finished the game. I'm sad now.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.

Tewi-Inaba
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:43 AM

Kon

Tatsumaki

about 130k

SHAME ON YOU ALL

GO SAVE NANAKO YOU FOOLS

Wait she dies what the **** oh man i didn't even finished the game. I'm sad now.
Maybe she does maybe she doesn't go finish the game 8)

that was also meant to be spoilered but chrome + n4g = **** 
But yes you ARE effectively killing her 
<message edited by Tatsumaki on Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:46 AM>

FAT MAN GO BOOM
  • Total Posts : 15453
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 1:29 AM
PS Vita is Life and PS Orbis the code name for the ps4 is circle I am wondering hard if it is planned by them to make the ps vita a center piece of the console...

I think if they were to have a bundle PS4 and Vita or Orbis Vita and the vita be the controller the main controller...

it would be awesome.... they would have two skus... one with a just the system and a dual shock or the ps3 ones are compatible and sku with the system and a vita...

and make it 50 or a 100 bucks more than the 720... it would be huge...

But that is a day dream induced by huffing gasoline.....wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee]

(No don;t ever do that... it is not health and was meant as piss poor humor....)
[ali

TheLastGuardian
  • Total Posts : 3666
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:26 AM
@Tatsumaki

Please tell me you did not just spoil Persona 4 for me. This is bugging the **** out of me. Why would you bump this thread to say something that may or may not be a spoiler? TenSteps was banned for doing just that and you should be too. Don't you think I'd rather find out on my own that you can save one of the characters from dying? If you don't write *spoiler alert* before your hidden text, what the **** is stopping me from reading it?

VGChartz isn't even reliable and they have the game at 390k and the Vita at 3.74 million so where are you getting those numbers from? The game hasn't even been released in Europe yet and already it's the fourth best selling Vita game. I don't know why you'd expect it to sell much better, it's sales aren't even that bad compared to other Vita games. It's well on it's way to outselling the original Persona 4. I guess you hate PS2 owners too since it didn't sell nearly enough on there for being the best selling console of all time.

I bought Persona 4 Golden. You hate me anyway just because I own a Vita? Well I hate you for making me feel like part of the game has been ruined. I'm still playing P3P so I haven't even opened P4G yet. I might as well just return it now.

Nutsack
  • Total Posts : 248
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 4:02 AM
PSVita will be just fine as Sony is known to keep supporting their consoles.

They're not like Microsoft that dropped support for XBOX 1 right after they switched to the 360.

They are still selling the PS2 after so long, they're still selling the PSP while PSVita is out. PSP sold as said, well over 70 mln units. The 360 sold that amount too, or the PS3.

What is needed for the PSVita is that they reach 10 mln units sold ASAP. At that installed base, it is a platform that is able to be profitable. The more the better ofcourse, but at the current amount of units sold it is hardly profitable, so Sony gotta co-fund games (like they probably did with Assassins Creed, COD etc) and bring games from its own studios.

That is nothing new though, every platform needs to do this. You can see this with the WiiU also, it gets easy ports from PS360, or Nintendo stuff. The only real 3rd party fresh game is ZombieU which isn't great, but just alright.
Most people that actually own a PSVita are happy about the system. The most crying people are those that don't own it. It is funny how for example WiiU buyers cry that PSVita has no games, while the WiiU really hardly has anything to buy it for. Bottom line: like said in many other threads already, Sony needs to lower that price and market it better. And use that 70+ mln PS3 userbase to sell it to. For example, sell the PSVita even through PSN for lets say 189 or 199 incl a memorycard and a PS+ year subscription that gets shipped to your home directly.

Tewi-Inaba
Re:How do you think the Vita will pan out? - Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:44 PM
TheLastGuardian

@Tatsumaki

Please tell me you did not just spoil Persona 4 for me. This is bugging the **** out of me. Why would you bump this thread to say something that may or may not be a spoiler? TenSteps was banned for doing just that and you should be too. Don't you think I'd rather find out on my own that you can save one of the characters from dying? If you don't write *spoiler alert* before your hidden text, what the **** is stopping me from reading it?

VGChartz isn't even reliable and they have the game at 390k and the Vita at 3.74 million so where are you getting those numbers from? The game hasn't even been released in Europe yet and already it's the fourth best selling Vita game. I don't know why you'd expect it to sell much better, it's sales aren't even that bad compared to other Vita games. It's well on it's way to outselling the original Persona 4. I guess you hate PS2 owners too since it didn't sell nearly enough on there for being the best selling console of all time.

I bought Persona 4 Golden. You hate me anyway just because I own a Vita? Well I hate you for making me feel like part of the game has been ruined. I'm still playing P3P so I haven't even opened P4G yet. I might as well just return it now.
It's as much a spoiler a me telling you people will die if in the DMC game if you don't buy the DMC game

So the answer is no