I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 53 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
FAT MAN GO BOOM
  • Total Posts : 15336
  • Reward points : 0
I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:39 AM
Has anyone else see this game??? Or Heard of it???

Ni No Kuni... damn the art on it looks fantastic... and the story looks great... my son will like to play this with me....

I never seen... or heard about it... just saw a piece on it at IGN...

I am going to be getting this game... has anyone else heard of this game is it a series??? or is it a new series???  There is a game under a similar name that is for the DS but???  Damn this just reminds me of the old RPGs that had great art in them...

[ali

Elvis
  • Total Posts : 1031
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:50 AM
Same here man, I found out about it today. I saw skv say that it's his most anticipated game for 2013 in the other thread so I looked it up and I loved the art style, so now it's also one of the games I'm looking forward to. 

ZoyosJD
  • Total Posts : 456
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:11 AM
its a project by level 5 (known for ds games) and glibi studios(amazing anime film studio). the demo is avalible. i highly suggest you look into this and gilibi if the style interests you.
<message edited by ZoyosJD on Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:13 AM>

TheLastGuardian
  • Total Posts : 3666
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:19 AM
It looks so amazing. We won't have to wait too much longer since it comes out next month. Go check out the demo on PSN.

-MD-
  • Total Posts : 8195
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:23 AM
I've been following it for what feels like 2+ years. Studio Ghibli are legendary filmmakers so I can only imagine the kind of quality they would put into a video game.

It's a shame it has a 99.9% chance of absolutely bombing sales-wise.
<message edited by -MD- on Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:29 AM>

Chard
  • Total Posts : 499
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:31 AM
 This game has had my attention for at least a year. This is how a JRPG should be handled - fans have been properly kept in the loop regarding development progress, release, translation etc. It also looks to have the elements that made snes RPGs great, and even has some similarities to Pokemon. Here is the first glowing review for the game http://rpgland.com/games/...th-of-the-white-witch/

Kon
  • Total Posts : 10774
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:10 AM
Generic Japanese RPG Number 20987965
Stop Cyberbullying!

-MD-
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:13 AM
Kon

I actually feel sorry for you that your parents never introduced Studio Ghibli in your home 

They're the Japanese Pixar.
<message edited by -MD- on Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:14 AM>

Kon
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:19 AM
-MD-

Kon

I actually feel sorry for you that your parents never introduced Studio Ghibli in your home 

I know their movies i'm just messing around.
Stop Cyberbullying!

flip-it3
  • Total Posts : 6628
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:11 AM
Kon

-MD-

Kon

I know their movies i'm just messing around.

Probably should have kept my ps3, for this and Last of Us but it was just sitting around too long I'd rather have the money. Maybe later Ill buy another one or if the ps4 is backwards compatible. 

FAT MAN GO BOOM
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:11 AM
Chard

This game has had my attention for at least a year. This is how a JRPG should be handled - fans have been properly kept in the loop regarding development progress, release, translation etc. It also looks to have the elements that made snes RPGs great, and even has some similarities to Pokemon. Here is the first glowing review for the game http://rpgland.com/games/...th-of-the-white-witch/

Thanks for the link I look forward to reading it... it looks great...

-MD-

I've been following it for what feels like 2+ years. Studio Ghibli are legendary filmmakers so I can only imagine the kind of quality they would put into a video game. 

I never heard of them... man... I feel so out of the loop... I will have too look up there stuff... cause the art style is pretty awesome...

TheLastGuardian

It looks so amazing. We won't have to wait too much longer since it comes out next month. Go check out the demo on PSN. 

This is awesome... and nice.. finding out so close to the launch date... unlike some here that have been following it for a year or two... it is very nice to find it so close to the release date... so that is something...
ZoyosJD

its a project by level 5 (known for ds games) and glibi studios(amazing anime film studio). the demo is avalible. i highly suggest you look into this and gilibi if the style interests you. 

I know of level 5 but i have never heard of this studio I will be looking into it today...

Elvis

Same here man, I found out about it today. I saw skv say that it's his most anticipated game for 2013 in the other thread so I looked it up and I loved the art style, so now it's also one of the games I'm looking forward to.  

Good I am so glad I am not the only one...  sniff sniff thanks man... 

[ali

-MD-
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:23 AM
FAT MAN GO BOOM

-MD-

I never heard of them... man... I feel so out of the loop... I will have too look up there stuff... cause the art style is pretty awesome...

That is odd... considering your age. Watch basically any of them, they're all great.

Kon
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:24 AM
He just called you old.
Stop Cyberbullying!

FAT MAN GO BOOM
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:43 AM
-MD-

FAT MAN GO BOOM

-MD-

That is odd... considering your age. Watch basically any of them, they're all great. 

I know... right... I was looking at some of their films they have been around for while now...

I got one or two of them... and I will watch them with my kids....  My daughter like Anime and is 14 so she may still be into it... Henry is 4 so he should like it.... showed him the trailer to the game and he liked it...

Kon

He just called you old.

Yeah.... as you get old man... you body tell you that EVERY FRICKING DAY....

I have been called worst things, than old.... lol
[ali

Nizzy79
  • Total Posts : 2688
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:50 AM
never heard of it... looks pretty cool
movies i rated on IMDb SmilesAreFree 

Kenshin_BATT0USAI
  • Total Posts : 10792
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:21 AM
Honestly...I'm really iffy about it. I seriously dislike children as lead characters. xD I mean is Studio Ghibli also working the story? If so I'll be pushed from 'iffy' to 'preorder'.
<message edited by Vashlion on Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:24 AM>
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion

Kon
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:41 AM
Children are awesome in video games, just look at
Stop Cyberbullying!

TheColbertinator
  • Total Posts : 7301
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:05 AM
-MD-

That's exactly the same deal I have with NiNoKuni

Studio Ghibli and Level 5 both have my undying respect so this is a game I have wanted for ages.The art style is simply gorgeous and I'm a sucker for JRPGs that use color to the best of their ability.

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:03 AM
Yes, I'm actually interested in this game because of the art style it uses.

Kon
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:08 AM
I think it's going to be hard to surpass the best Jrpg ever made (FFXII) but who knows.
Stop Cyberbullying!

WildArmed
  • Total Posts : 10004
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:23 AM
-MD-

If it kept up w/ CoD standards, then it wouldn't bomb.
Silly japs think they can create quality games.

Live Activision, or Die hard. 

PeeWizzle
  • Total Posts : 2851
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:58 AM
Very excited for this game. Hopefully this game helps to fill the hole this generation has left when it comes to traditional RPGs. 
My soul is still dancing.  

FAT MAN GO BOOM
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:09 PM
From what I read the people doing the art have that and the story the game mechanics and programming comes from Level 5
[ali

MidnytRain
  • Total Posts : 3379
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:47 PM
HOLAHOLAHOLAHOLAHOLAHOLD... UP. Did OP just say he's NEVER heard of STUDIO GHIBLI???

FAT MAN GO BOOM
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:33 PM
MidnytRain

HOLAHOLAHOLAHOLAHOLAHOLD... UP. Did OP just say he's NEVER heard of STUDIO GHIBLI???

I am sorry .......  I am sorry.....

[ali

Nate-Dog
  • Total Posts : 2068
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:48 PM
Looking forward to the game but not as hyped as so many people seem to be. Don't get me wrong the art style looks beautiful (reminds me of Sly Cooper) and it looks fun but I'm not sucked into the hype yet (then again maybe if it wasn't a PS3 exclusive less people would be touching themselves any time a mention of the game comes up). Will be nice having another RPG to play though, although I still have Blue Dragon and Tales of Vesperia to play soon.

thorstein
  • Total Posts : 417
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:20 PM
  I already had it preordered. The first images I saw of this amazing game had me hooked. The editions you can get look amazing too.

thorstein
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:26 PM

FAT MAN GO BOOM From what I read the people doing the art have that and the story the game mechanics and programming comes from Level 5
My comment from a trolling review of the demo posted on the news portion: "Yes. Level 5 has always done well. Dark Cloud, Dragon Quest VIII, Professor Layton, Rogue Galaxy, White Knight Chronicles. The hits just keep coming. " http://n4g.com/news/11337...ociation-com#c-7075986

TheProof
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 1:18 AM
Yeah, from what I played it's looking like this game is going to be awesome. First JRPG I've been really excited for this gen which is pretty damn sad.

WildArmed
  • Total Posts : 10004
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 1:53 AM
Nate-Dog

Looking forward to the game but not as hyped as so many people seem to be. Don't get me wrong the art style looks beautiful (reminds me of Sly Cooper) and it looks fun but I'm not sucked into the hype yet (then again maybe if it wasn't a PS3 exclusive less people would be touching themselves any time a mention of the game comes up). Will be nice having another RPG to play though, although I still have Blue Dragon and Tales of Vesperia to play soon.

What hype? the game has no hype other than the JRPG fans. Compared to games like The Last of Us, The Last Gaurdian, Gears, uncharted, etc etc.. this game is practically invisible.  

Also didn't like Blue Dragon at all, but Tales of Vesperia was fun. Thou I think I'd still rank Lost Odyssey as one of the best JRPGs this gen (which isn't saying much due to the handful of JRPGs we have gotten)

Plus, LEVEL-5 makes some great JRPGs. DQ8 being my fav. game from them. 

FAT MAN GO BOOM
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 2:38 AM
thorstein

FAT MAN GO BOOM From what I read the people doing the art have that and the story the game mechanics and programming comes from Level 5
My comment from a trolling review of the demo posted on the news portion: "Yes. Level 5 has always done well. Dark Cloud, Dragon Quest VIII, Professor Layton, Rogue Galaxy, White Knight Chronicles. The hits just keep coming. " http://n4g.com/news/11337...ociation-com#c-7075986

Yeah I think they are really good.. I think that they got a bad name from when they had financial problems..  games were excellent but you can only lead a thirsty horse to water eh...
[ali

cgoodno
  • Total Posts : 3383
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 3:21 AM

FAT MAN GO BOOM
0.o !!!!!!

Go now, Netflix, Amazon VOD, or rent them somehow.

Princess Mononoke (the only animated  item in my top 10 movies list)
Spirited Away
Ponyo
Howl's Moving Castle

And even Arrietty for just the freaking artwork and not the fairly boring story (though, not far off from the original story The Borrowers).  Saw that with the wife on the largest digital screen in our area.  Talk about eye candy.

moegooner88
  • Total Posts : 2041
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 4:38 AM
For the first time in the past three years Fat Man, I am disappointed in you, even the IGN noobs knew about this game 

-MD-
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 5:03 AM
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Kon

He just called you old.

For the record, I didn't call you old. I just know you're like 30ish and Ghibli has been around since the 80's.
<message edited by -MD- on Friday, December 14, 2012 5:05 AM>

FAT MAN GO BOOM
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 7:10 AM
cgoodno

FAT MAN GO BOOM
0.o !!!!!!

Go now, Netflix, Amazon VOD, or rent them somehow.

Princess Mononoke (the only animated  item in my top 10 movies list)
Spirited Away
Ponyo
Howl's Moving Castle

And even Arrietty for just the freaking artwork and not the fairly boring story (though, not far off from the original story The Borrowers).  Saw that with the wife on the largest digital screen in our area.  Talk about eye candy.

Thanks for the movie list.. I am going to fore sure... Either will get to it tonight or tomorrow...
[ali

FAT MAN GO BOOM
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 7:34 AM
-MD-

FAT MAN GO BOOM

Kon

He just called you old.

For the record, I didn't call you old. I just know you're like 30ish and Ghibli has been around since the 80's.

Maybe I just feel old....4 moths and I will be 37...  Not looking forward to 40 so it is bothering me...

Don;t know why... just it is on my mind a lot...

End of this month and it will be 15 years of marriage...  just lots of mile stones...   Daughter is already talking about driving and wanting to save up for a car... that does not make me feel better... lol

just seems like getting old... lots of mile stones will do that...

[ali

CalvinKlein
  • Total Posts : 5
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 8:33 AM
  I love studio ghibli and anime but I know I wont like the gameplay because Ive never been a fan of turnbased RPGs, only FF7. Ill just go watch Princess mononoke for the 25th time instead. It really does look beautiful tho.

thorstein
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 8:52 AM

FAT MAN GO BOOM
-MD-
FAT MAN GO BOOM
Kon
He just called you old.
Yeah.... as you get old man... you body tell you that EVERY FRICKING DAY.... I have been called worst things, than old.... lol
Maybe I just feel old....4 moths and I will be 37... Not looking forward to 40 so it is bothering me... Don;t know why... just it is on my mind a lot... End of this month and it will be 15 years of marriage... just lots of mile stones... Daughter is already talking about driving and wanting to save up for a car... that does not make me feel better... lol just seems like getting old... lots of mile stones will do that...
I feel you. My kiddies are 8 & 10. I don't want them to get older. Been married a year longer than you and I just turned 40. Still a gamer and so are my kids!

TooTall19
  • Total Posts : 688
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 10:12 AM
I can't wait for this game. I don't watch anime, but Level 5 makes my favorite rpgs. I hope this is more like their ps2 games and less like WKC.

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:I am sad to say... I only found out about this game today... RPGers Only - Friday, December 14, 2012 10:13 AM
CalvinKlein

I love studio ghibli and anime but I know I wont like the gameplay because Ive never been a fan of turnbased RPGs, only FF7. Ill just go watch Princess mononoke for the 25th time instead. It really does look beautiful tho.

If you don't like turn based why does FF7 get a free ride?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 53 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version