i have a folder that saids unknown

acemonkey
  • Total Posts : 3092
  • Reward points : 0
i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:52 AM
i was playin hitman and it froze and now i dont have the folder...i believe i got the ps3 in save mode the menu that saids restore file system and all that i did that and it still wont get rid of the file

next step?

DaThreats
  • Total Posts : 1596
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:56 AM
You had PS+?
Would have saved your game files.

acemonkey
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:58 AM
DaThreats

You had PS+?

ran out of Plus like a month ago...but how do i delete this file lol...i just did it again and the file is still there...should i delete hitman Save Data and it might delete that folder (unknown) i even put hitman back in..it has all my stuff besides my missions that i finish but i dont have a hitman save file

redDevil87
  • Total Posts : 8354
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:07 AM
Just leave the folder. Don't mess with your save data.

I think you PS has a problem man, you keep getting all these game bugs and crashes. Maybe you need to get a new one. 

acemonkey
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:18 AM
redDevil87

Just leave the folder. Don't mess with your save data.

I think you PS has a problem man, you keep getting all these game bugs and crashes. Maybe you need to get a new one. 

i dont think its my ps3...this game is know for having problems on xbox and ps3...google it lol....but other game that has bugs are far cry 3 and that bug is hitting almost everybody system including PC

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:26 AM
DaThreats

You had PS+?

This is not a valid fix/excuse for the issue he is having.

acemonkey
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:32 AM
ZombieNinjaPanda

DaThreats

You had PS+?

there is no folder that saids hitman....but when i Square to go by title its there (hitman Save data/but it doesnt say corrupted or anything)....and there is no unknown file

when i boot up the game it saids "The hitman:absolution save data appears to be damaged and cannot be loaded.if you continue, the existing save data will be overwritten.if you cancel, the game progress will not be saved.

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:35 AM
acemonkey

ZombieNinjaPanda

DaThreats

You had PS+?

there is no folder that saids hitman....but when i Square to go by title its there (hitman Save data/but it doesnt say corrupted or anything)....and there is no unknown file

when i boot up the game it saids "The hitman:absolution save data appears to be damaged and cannot be loaded.if you continue, the existing save data will be overwritten.if you cancel, the game progress will not be saved.

It corrupted. You have to start over. Sorry.

acemonkey
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:39 AM
ZombieNinjaPanda

acemonkey

ZombieNinjaPanda

DaThreats

You had PS+?

damn i deleted the save data and the game save file but still the unknown folder is there should ill be worried about that?

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:40 AM
acemonkey

ZombieNinjaPanda

acemonkey

ZombieNinjaPanda

DaThreats

You had PS+?

damn i deleted the save data and the game save file but still the unknown folder is there should ill be worried about that?

If nothing is happening to your system, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

acemonkey
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:44 AM
ZombieNinjaPanda

acemonkey

ZombieNinjaPanda

acemonkey

ZombieNinjaPanda

DaThreats

You had PS+?

If nothing is happening to your system, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

not that i know off but i would like to get rid of it and i read people talkin about it and i dont want to reformat my HDD 

TheNocturnus
  • Total Posts : 4403
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:47 AM
Should have bought it on 360. 

acemonkey
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:48 AM
Nocturnus32

Should have bought it on 360. 

modded it fanboy lol

acemonkey
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:16 PM
question...im guessing the unknown file is corrupt and i cant get rid of it....i heard people doing system reformat and all that and still not getting rid of the file that is ****ed up....but if i play the game again will it just messed up again? if i play another game will it damage my HDD and then my HDD will be destroyed or its a 50/50

TheNocturnus
  • Total Posts : 4403
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:18 PM
acemonkey

question...im guessing the unknown file is corrupt and i cant get rid of it....i heard people doing system reformat and all that and still not getting rid of the file that is ****ed up....but if i play the game again will it just messed up again? if i play another game will it damage my HDD and then my HDD will be destroyed or its a 50/50

I had a corrupted save on Dead Island and when I started a new game it just saved over the old file and I had no problems. It would probably do the same thing with Hitman.

Wintersun616
  • Total Posts : 91
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:50 AM
acemonkey

That's a new level of f*cked up if a reformat won't remove a file. You got some talent there.

I agree with Nocturnus, did you try doing what he suggested?

acemonkey
Re:i have a folder that saids unknown - Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:01 AM
Wintersun616

acemonkey

That's a new level of f*cked up if a reformat won't remove a file. You got some talent there.

I agree with Nocturnus, did you try doing what he suggested?

weird thing is i deleted the Save Data and the Save File of Hitman....i re-DL the patch and re-DL the game...it picked up all my unlocked guns and stuff..but it didnt say error or file is corrupted or anything so i started a new level(only played tho the first level) then i made sure they was a hitman folder after playing and there was(still have the unknown file) but im not really worried about it....i havent played yet today will update to see if the game messed up bc i shut my system off...i heard people having issue after they shut the game off and the system