Nintendo Really Screwed Up Papermario

UP
  • Total Posts : 381
  • Reward points : 0
Nintendo Really Screwed Up Papermario - Monday, December 31, 2012 12:07 AM
The first two Paper Mario games are two of my favorite RPG games of all time.  They have amazing gameplay, memorable characters, and some hilarious writing.  I was really bugged down on the series after Super Paper Mario was released.  I still enjoyed it but they took out almost everything I loved about the series.  I was hoping the next one would go back to its roots.

When Paper Mario Sticker Star was first revealed showing that it went back to having turned based battles and such I was ecstatic.  But then news of changes from that started to come in.  No partners, no leveling up, sticker system, tweaked (for the worse) battle system.  I still got the game anyway because I like paper mario. Its a decent game but a ****ty paper mario game.  There no memorable characters, because there is no exp most battles feel useless, and the sticker system while kind of neat gets rid of the vast depth the first two games had with the partner and badge combinations. I am really disappointed that they are doing these experiments with Paper Mario when they should be doing experiments with Zelda and NSMB.  The series was no where near stagnation after TTYD and they should have kept the core design of the first two games with small changes and additions for sequels.

Anyone else feel the same as me?

This is a manly picnic.  No glasses, no napkins, whisky only, the beverage of true men....... and pretzels.

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:Nintendo Really Screwed Up Papermario - Monday, December 31, 2012 12:11 AM
Miyamoto really screwed up with this game. Shame because as you said Paper Mario is a wonderful RPG.

UP
  • Total Posts : 381
Re:Nintendo Really Screwed Up Papermario - Monday, December 31, 2012 12:13 AM
ZombieNinjaPanda

Miyamoto really screwed up with this game. Shame because as you said Paper Mario is a wonderful RPG.

Miyamoto tends gets along of things right with game design but he needs to stay far away from Paper Mario or any other RPG

This is a manly picnic.  No glasses, no napkins, whisky only, the beverage of true men....... and pretzels.

-MD-
  • Total Posts : 8195
Re:Nintendo Really Screwed Up Papermario - Monday, December 31, 2012 12:37 AM
I remember loving Paper Mario on N64 so I was pretty excited to get my hands on the one for Wii, I was pretty disappointed with it though and didn't get very far before I sold it.

I heard the one for Gamecube was really good though (Thousand Year Door?)

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:Nintendo Really Screwed Up Papermario - Monday, December 31, 2012 12:50 AM
-MD-

I remember loving Paper Mario on N64 so I was pretty excited to get my hands on the one for Wii, I was pretty disappointed with it though and didn't get very far before I sold it.

Yes. If you can somehow play the one for the gamecube, play it. 

Theo1130
  • Total Posts : 1868
Re:Nintendo Really Screwed Up Papermario - Monday, December 31, 2012 1:11 AM
ZombieNinjaPanda

-MD-

Yes. If you can somehow play the one for the gamecube, play it. 

Just download the rom and get the dolphin emultor.  That's how I started playing it this year.  It's fantastic.