Goodbye Darksiders

KozmoOchez
  • Total Posts : 5327
  • Reward points : 0
Goodbye Darksiders - Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:05 PM
THQ got rid of their assets and Vigil, the company that develops the Darksiders series, was not on the list of assests purchased, therefore, Vigil has been shutdown along with the Darksiders series. http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/23/thq-bids-farewell-after-raising-72m-in-asset-sales/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

WildArmed
  • Total Posts : 10162
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:20 PM
Read this today. Tbh, am more sad about losing Vigil than Darksiders. Whether Darksiders come out of this alive or not, I did not wish for any one to be left without a job after this mess. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/20...inkname=0&ns_fee=0

<message edited by Skv007 on Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:27 PM>

Whoooop
  • Total Posts : 5653
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:57 PM
Read some info about Platinum being interested in the Darksiders franchise as well as some members from Vigil. Not sure how legit it is by now.

Kon
  • Total Posts : 11111
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:59 PM
It sold poorly no one wants that franchise.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.

MattyG
  • Total Posts : 3354
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:11 PM

Imma miss you Darksiders. WHYYYY IS THE UNIVERSE SO CRUEL?!

-MD-
  • Total Posts : 8196
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:32 PM
As Whoop said Platinum showed interested in buying Darksiders and hiring some key team members from Vigil. I hope they do.

KozmoOchez
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:25 PM
yeah i guess a quote from platinum games was that they were interested if they could get it cheap

Megaton
  • Total Posts : 3812
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:43 PM
All I know about this series is that it has some of the worst PC ports to ever grace Steam.

Convas
  • Total Posts : 2484
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:55 PM

May not have been the greatest of series, but damn was is interesting and fun. Hope they find some way to salvage the IP and bring us 4-player Horsemen mayhem in Darksiders 3.
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)

FAT MAN GO BOOM
  • Total Posts : 15453
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Friday, January 25, 2013 6:27 AM
Damn this sucks so much to bad... Vigil games put together some good games... Darksiders may not have broke new ground but the story was fantastic the art and the voice acting was amazing... and it had what a lot of games lack... FUN, games are meant to be fun and fun first... and Darksiders had it...

I can't get over games like Homefront got bought but not Darksiders....

What a piss of...  In a saturated FPS world... why not add something different to your houses... 

oh well...

Here is hoping someone does shake their heads and see Darksiders is worth it....
[ali

KozmoOchez
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Friday, January 25, 2013 7:43 AM
Yeah, but apparently Crytek was developing Homefront 2 for THQ anyways, then snatched it up for cheap when the auction came about.  Platinum games is apparently interested in Darksiders for cheap - but not Vigil, which still sucks for those guys losing their jobs

FAT MAN GO BOOM
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Friday, January 25, 2013 7:54 AM
KozmoOchez

Yeah, but apparently Crytek was developing Homefront 2 for THQ anyways, then snatched it up for cheap when the auction came about.  Platinum games is apparently interested in Darksiders for cheap - but not Vigil, which still sucks for those guys losing their jobs

Well hopefully some one picks up darksiders... that said... it may never be the same in the hands of someone else...

the other thing is I think this was a rip off for the investors...   I think they would have gotten more sold whole... I think there is something fishy with this whole set up...
[ali

_Q_
  • Total Posts : 5536
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Friday, January 25, 2013 12:13 PM
FAT MAN GO BOOM

KozmoOchez

Well hopefully some one picks up darksiders... that said... it may never be the same in the hands of someone else...

the other thing is I think this was a rip off for the investors...   I think they would have gotten more sold whole... I think there is something fishy with this whole set up...

I truly hope Platinum picks up Darksiders. They wouldnt need to do much to the universe and or Art as the art is done by A great in Joe Madureia so theyd just need to create the world around the story that is already set. I'd buy it...

I just read a great line from a comment. Santa Monica Studios would be incredible for a Darksiders title. Imagine a GOW-esque Darksiders game. Man a guy could dream. 
<message edited by _Q_ on Friday, January 25, 2013 12:23 PM>
Click Click Clicky Goes that Q guy. Say it with me... M-Q-ROWZ!  PSN ID Mquirozz Twitter.com/mquirozz

FAT MAN GO BOOM
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Friday, January 25, 2013 1:38 PM
_Q_

FAT MAN GO BOOM

KozmoOchez

I truly hope Platinum picks up Darksiders. They wouldnt need to do much to the universe and or Art as the art is done by A great in Joe Madureia so theyd just need to create the world around the story that is already set. I'd buy it...

I just read a great line from a comment. Santa Monica Studios would be incredible for a Darksiders title. Imagine a GOW-esque Darksiders game. Man a guy could dream. 

That would be good man.. I would like that... this gamer series is so good the story of it and the idea are just so awesome...
[ali

Milky
  • Total Posts : 2528
Re:Goodbye Darksiders - Monday, February 11, 2013 3:28 AM
http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/04/how-crytek-ceo-cevat-yerli-decided-to-hire-the-ex-vigil-team-based-on-a-single-meeting/2/

pretty nice story of vigil games becamecrytek usa in just one weekend. Not all bad news! Shame about Darksiders, but I anticipate the new Ip.
PSN: joe382