Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 49 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
MidnytRain
  • Total Posts : 3432
  • Reward points : 0
Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:06 PM
I'm referring to the US, but I'm sure every other country that has a president is applicable. I realize he/she is the leader of the country, but in the case of the United States, we elect a new one every 4 years anyway. Is it the headache of replacing him? He always has extra heavy-duty security on him, and it seems any sacrifice would be made to keep him safe.
<message edited by MidnytRain on Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:14 PM>

Kon
  • Total Posts : 10833
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:08 PM
We're talking about a human life here not an object that can be easily replaced.
Stop Cyberbullying!

AuToFiRE
  • Total Posts : 11531
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:12 PM
Kon

We're talking about a human life here not an object that can be easily replaced.

yet the president himself orders the death of thousands of people in the middle east, lots of which are children.

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:13 PM
Kon

As terrible as some of you will think this sounds the last two words are false.

AuToFiRE
  • Total Posts : 11531
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:15 PM
ZombieNinjaPanda

Kon

As terrible as some of you will think this sounds the last two words are false.

Truth

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.

-Mezzo-
  • Total Posts : 2862
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:33 PM
It's just a waste of valuable time and money..... Well so is the 'Government' as a whole.

Only good it does is, that it keeps some guys from Unemployment.
----------------------

Plus, this is not just an issue in the USA.
<message edited by -Mezzo- on Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:36 PM>

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'

MidnytRain
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:11 PM
Kon

The other's are right about the replaceable part. But also, everyone in the country is a human life. You don't see government agents following everyone around.

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:15 PM
Also may i state that the majority of the people in the world are sheep. They cry for independence, democracy, freedom, but they still require someone to lead them and tell them what to do, or to give them stuff. Another reason why a person like the president's life is valued so much. But there are a plethora of reasons, some that we'd probably not even think of.

cgoodno
  • Total Posts : 3394
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:17 PM
Vice Presidents are chosen to make his life that valuable.

-Mezzo-
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:19 PM
ZombieNinjaPanda

Also may i state that the majority of the people in the world are sheep. They cry for independence, democracy, freedom, but they still require someone to lead them and tell them what to do, or to give them stuff. Another reason why a person like the president's life is valued so much. But there are a plethora of reasons, some that we'd probably not even think of.

This 100%.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'

MidnytRain
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:20 PM
cgoodno

I don't understand. I think there's sarcasm here somewhere...

-Mezzo-
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:23 PM
MidnytRain

cgoodno

I don't understand. I think there's sarcasm here somewhere...

It's all over the comment.
<message edited by -Mezzo- on Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:24 PM>

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'

Kon
  • Total Posts : 10833
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:24 PM
A world without government is ridiculous.
Stop Cyberbullying!

MidnytRain
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:27 PM
ZombieNinjaPanda

Hold on, are you saying that you're a completely independent individual, and have no need for leadership?

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:33 PM
MidnytRain

ZombieNinjaPanda

Hold on, are you saying that you're a completely independent individual, and have no need for leadership?

Well I am against 90% of the things already done, I disagree with most things done in government and in general. I criticize everything and anything. I certainly like to think I have no need for someone to lead me. My personality doesn't lend well to that.

thorstein
  • Total Posts : 418
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:37 PM

Kon A world without government is ridiculous.
How so? Humans survived for THOUSANDS of years without government... None whatsoever. In reality, we are a social animal that tends to stay in packs. Since we are Primates we already have (again) for THOUSANDS of years developed a very real way to survive without killing each other and wiping ourselves out. When you consider that the world's police forces are vastly outnumbered by the populace, the populace (for the most part) don't run through the streets killing, raping, robbing, and assaulting. In fact, right now, we are in the most peaceful time in human history.
<message edited by thorstein on Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:41 PM>

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:44 PM
thorstein

How so? Humans survived for THOUSANDS of years without government... None whatsoever. In reality, we are a social animal that tends to stay in packs. Since we are Primates we already have (again) for THOUSANDS of years developed a very real way to survive without killing each other and wiping ourselves out. When you consider that the world's police forces are vastly outnumbered by the populace, the populace (for the most part) don't run through the streets killing, raping, robbing, and assaulting. In fact, right now, we are in the most peaceful time in human history.

I keep trying to explain this to people, especially after moments like the recent shootings. Constant remarks of "What is this world coming to? This world has become so terrible and dangerous". And I'm just sitting there thinking, well I dunno about that, we don't have bands of 100s of men conquering villages raping and burning and murdering anyone much anymore do we? We don't have a 300 year long holy wars anymore do we? 

MidnytRain
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:45 PM
thorstein

How so? Humans survived for THOUSANDS of years without government... None whatsoever. In reality, we are a social animal that tends to stay in packs. Since we are Primates we already have (again) for THOUSANDS of years developed a very real way to survive without killing each other and wiping ourselves out. When you consider that the world's police forces are vastly outnumbered by the populace, yet the populace (for the most part) don't run through the streets killing, raping, robbing, and assaulting. In fact, right now, we are in the most peaceful time in human history.

Just because you outnumber someone doesn't mean you can overpower them. Ever see 300? An organized, well-equipped military will likely crush anything not on that level. Also, the reason we don't have as much killing and robbing as we would is BECAUSE of government's law enforcement.

Rage_S90
  • Total Posts : 7899
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:46 PM
Yeah we should just let people continually assassinate the president. 

thorstein
  • Total Posts : 418
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:49 PM
ZombieNinjaPanda
Well I am against 90% of the things already done, I disagree with most things done in government and in general. I criticize everything and anything. I certainly like to think I have no need for someone to lead me. My personality doesn't lend well to that.
This. All the laws have already been written, in fact, I would love to see many repealed. (Don't get me wrong) The existing laws just need to be enforced.

Rage_S90
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:57 PM
I have a question for you OP. How is it going to look to other countries, if the leader of America the most powerful country in the world get's assassinated? 

Irishguy95
  • Total Posts : 578
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:05 PM
Venus project ~

MidnytRain
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:07 PM
Rage_S90

You seem to be aggressive towards me. Hey, if we keep popping out new Presidents after each assassination, they'll stop eventually. We just need a line of willing sacrifices.

ichimaru
  • Total Posts : 2572
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:12 PM
AuToFiRE

Kon

yet the president himself orders the death of thousands of people in the middle east, lots of which are children.

the most ignorant statement it has been my misfortune to have stumbled across my monitor. Do you understand how war, or even conflict contingencies operate?  The president can't declare war without congress, even then  our military generals, secretary of defense or basic entry level officers have more say on what happens on a battlefield than the president in the whitehouse.    Mr panetta has more say involvement than the president on the children we "order to death"
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai

Rage_S90
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:16 PM
MidnytRain

Rage_S90

You seem to be aggressive towards me. Hey, if we keep popping out new Presidents after each assassination, they'll stop eventually. We just need a line of willing sacrifices.

Nah, not really, but i thought it was a really retarded question. Just being honest. 

ichimaru
  • Total Posts : 2572
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:20 PM
Rage_S90

MidnytRain

Rage_S90

Nah, not really, but i thought it was a really retarded question. Just being honest. 

tbh i'm a bit disapointed i even took the bait in this thread title. made for intersting conversation, and also helped reaffirm my lack of faith in mankind
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai

WildArmed
  • Total Posts : 10041
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:28 PM
The idea is rooted in the concept of a family.

Just like the idea is to protect the head of a family, we protect the president.

Or you can think of it analogous to cutting the head off a dragon. President being the head, it's something we protect so that every thing functions accordingly. 

MidnytRain
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:36 PM
Rage_S90

I meant the sarcasm and the rhetorical question. So how far should we go to preserve him? What AREN'T we willing to do to keep his life?

EDIT: Also, it's not like it hasn't happened before. Assassination, I mean...

<message edited by MidnytRain on Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:50 PM>

-Mezzo-
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:40 PM
ichimaru

AuToFiRE

Kon

the most ignorant statement it has been my misfortune to have stumbled across my monitor. Do you understand how war, or even conflict contingencies operate?  The president can't declare war without congress, even then  our military generals, secretary of defense or basic entry level officers have more say on what happens on a battlefield than the president in the whitehouse.    Mr panetta has more say involvement than the president on the children we "order to death"

So you're saying that 1 man does not make a decision to kill thousands of people, but around 60 or 70 do.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'

Rage_S90
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:57 PM
Skv007

Just like the idea is to protect the head of a family, we protect the president.

Or you can think of it analogous to cutting the head off a dragon. President being the head, it's something we protect so that every thing functions accordingly. 

Well done skv, I'm out of here. 

Rane-StP
  • Total Posts : 320
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:04 PM
 Politics on a forum. Ha! Never works.

mintaro
  • Total Posts : 2158
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:20 PM
MidnytRain

thorstein

How so? Humans survived for THOUSANDS of years without government... None whatsoever. In reality, we are a social animal that tends to stay in packs. Since we are Primates we already have (again) for THOUSANDS of years developed a very real way to survive without killing each other and wiping ourselves out. When you consider that the world's police forces are vastly outnumbered by the populace, yet the populace (for the most part) don't run through the streets killing, raping, robbing, and assaulting. In fact, right now, we are in the most peaceful time in human history.

Just because you outnumber someone doesn't mean you can overpower them. Ever see 300? An organized, well-equipped military will likely crush anything not on that level. Also, the reason we don't have as much killing and robbing as we would is BECAUSE of government's law enforcement.

Finally something interesting worth talking about on here. 

So you're saying we're basically animals without self control and we need a governing body to control us. Or did I mix that up.
<message edited by mintaro on Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:22 PM>

5 snoop_dizzle Juicy Buns
5 Doom Bucks
115 Jack-offs!
116 Sexy Coins! In spite!

"Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance"

UnSelf
  • Total Posts : 2569
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:23 PM
Rage_S90

Skv007

Why do you and I always seem to agree on da same things? I was gon repost Skv post but alas that gif is too awesome.

Anyway, as Skv adequately put, the president, as a single individual, represents the countries current ideals, goals and viewpoints. In other words he's the poster boy or personification of what the US stands for. This, (both inadvertently and purposefully) makes him the leader, or the best person suited to personify this countries ideals.

However, Contrary to what the constitution says, we all aren't created equal, so we have to elect someone (a leader) that we can later cry to about not being free 
<message edited by UnSelf on Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:27 PM>

WildArmed
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:34 PM
UnSelf

Rage_S90

Skv007

Why do you and I always seem to agree on da same things? I was gon repost Skv post but alas that gif is too awesome.

Anyway, as Skv adequately put, the president, as a single individual, represents the countries current ideals, goals and viewpoints. In other words he's the poster boy or personification of what the US stands for. This, (both inadvertently and purposefully) makes him the leader, or the best person suited to personify this countries ideals.

However, Contrary to what the constitution says, we all aren't created equal, so we have to elect someone (a leader) that we can later cry to about not being free 

I think that it doesn't contradict the constitution. 
Constitution says we are created equally, and we will protect our freedom, even at the cost of our lives.

Like you mentioned, the president is the "poster boy or personification of what the US stands for."
USA has always been about freedom and equality. 

By protecting the president, we are protecting the very things. The claim that we are all created equal, the claim that freedom is a right. Both of which, we will gladly die to protect.

MidnytRain
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:54 PM
mintaro

MidnytRain

thorstein

So you're saying we're basically animals without self control and we need a governing body to control us. Or did I mix that up.

To some extent. Who else but an animal would slaughter a school full of children? Are YOU saying we don't need law enforcement???

mintaro
  • Total Posts : 2158
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:07 PM
MidnytRain

mintaro

MidnytRain

thorstein

To some extent. Who else but an animal would slaughter a school full of children? Are YOU saying we don't need law enforcement???

That's exactly what I'm saying, it's not a necessity. And that people are using that example an excuse to increase law enforcement is just ludicrous. Fear is unfortunately, a very powerful weapon.

<message edited by mintaro on Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:09 PM>

5 snoop_dizzle Juicy Buns
5 Doom Bucks
115 Jack-offs!
116 Sexy Coins! In spite!

"Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance"

UnSelf
  • Total Posts : 2569
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:07 PM
Skv007

UnSelf

Rage_S90

Skv007

I think that it doesn't contradict the constitution. 
Constitution says we are created equally, and we will protect our freedom, even at the cost of our lives.

Like you mentioned, the president is the "poster boy or personification of what the US stands for."
USA has always been about freedom and equality. 

By protecting the president, we are protecting the very things. The claim that we are all created equal, the claim that freedom is a right. Both of which, we will gladly die to protect.

Free from what though? I never quite understood this. We are given rights from the same ppl who can take em. Maybe I don't quite undestand politics or something but who are we free from? The British? The Russians? The Japanese? We haven't faced an invasion since the 18th century. All we seem to do is invade but that's another story. I don't get how I'm free though. I got rights that can be taken away at any moment. Most issues seem to be domesticated. In a weird way this country is like Gotham after Bane took over 

WildArmed
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:50 PM
UnSelf

Free from what though? I never quite understood this. We are given rights from the same ppl who can take em. Maybe I don't quite undestand politics or something but who are we free from? The British? The Russians? The Japanese? We haven't faced an invasion since the 18th century. All we seem to do is invade but that's another story. I don't get how I'm free though. I got rights that can be taken away at any moment. Most issues seem to be domesticated. In a weird way this country is like Gotham after Bane took over 

That's kinda an overly philosophical for which I don't think I am qualified to answer.

I think someone from an oppressed country coming to USA can answer that much better. Any of the rebels in Libya, if they had a chance to come to USA and live as an American. I think they would be able to tell us what we are free 'from'. 
<message edited by Skv007 on Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:51 PM>

ZombieNinjaPanda
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:47 PM
UnSelf

And then this is where everything falls apart. Rights aren't given, they are't earned, they don't get taken away over time or added for being good little children. They're rights, not privileges. Why is it they can take them away? Don't work like ethat dude. So I guess I agree with this post. But you're right, what is it that soldiers of America are defending me from? A bunch of men in wholes who haven't done anything in decades? They're more concerned with murdering the people who are invading their country currently.

So what then?

redDevil87
  • Total Posts : 8354
Re:Why Do We Value the President's Life So Much? - Friday, January 25, 2013 6:00 AM
Whenever the leader of a country gets assassinated it makes the country look weak, helpless and creates panic. It would be pretty bad for the USA if this happened. They're one of the biggest superpowers in the world, can destroy countries, over throw dictators but can't protect the one man in charge of all of this? You can't be made to look that weak.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 49 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version