chances of cross platform play next gen

ichimaru
  • Total Posts : 2572
  • Reward points : 0
chances of cross platform play next gen - Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:41 PM
The next gen is upon us.. uncomfortably so like, its breathing down your neck as your just trying to read a book or making that obnoxiously loud sigh to let you know its in the room. Its that kind of here. Where am I going with this again? Ah yes, I'm hopeful that Microsoft and Sony finally allow devs to incorporate cross-platform play as next gen online takes a leap, but my gut and history differ     
Discuss
<message edited by ichimaru on Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:50 PM>
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai

Megaton
  • Total Posts : 3812
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:44 PM
Would like it very much if more games did it like Valve, having Portal 2 cross-platform play between PC and PS3.

Rane-StP
  • Total Posts : 320
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:44 PM
I'm still not sure I'd have much use for it. But if they have it, then great, if not, no loss to me. One would think they'll have it next gen, so we'll see.

Sorry, read your post wrong. I thought we were going on the cross game chat topic...

Yeah, cross platform gaming would be great. Not sure we'll see Sony and MS going that route though.

<message edited by Rane-StP on Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:49 PM>

Stay-Toasty
  • Total Posts : 9
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:16 AM
That would be awesome. The real console war would start.

-Mezzo-
  • Total Posts : 2862
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:14 AM
I would love this, but only for Co-Op game. Having Cross-Platform play in competitive multiplayer game like COD, Battlefield etc, will cause nothing but chaos.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'

-Mezzo-
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:26 AM
Plus, We 'The Console Gamers' will never be able to match the precision of a PC Mouse.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'

Rane-StP
  • Total Posts : 320
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:29 AM
-Mezzo-

Plus, We 'The Console Gamers' will never be able to match the precision of a PC Mouse.
Well, that is true, since we PC gamers would honestly...well, you know...

-Mezzo-
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:37 AM
Rane-StP

-Mezzo-

No, not you the PC Gamer, you wouldn't be able to do anything ( Own or Pwn ), if it wasn't for the mouse.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'

NeverEnding1989
  • Total Posts : 666
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Sunday, February 03, 2013 12:02 PM
Cross platform play next gen would actually give me a reason to buy one of the various generic multiplatform games like Call of Duty or Battlefield. Sure, these games suck, but it would be a lot of fun getting some N4G people together and showing PS3 owners just how ***** the Dualshock is. 

The other positive I see is that the smaller games, as in the non-AAA games, would have a larger pool of players when playing online. Meaning more diversity and quicker game setup.

Welcome to next gen:

thebudgetgamer
  • Total Posts : 7018
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Sunday, February 03, 2013 12:11 PM
I think cross play would only work with co-op games. Too much of an advantage playing against M/KB.

MidnytRain
  • Total Posts : 3755
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:15 PM
thebudgetgamer

I think cross play would only work with co-op games. Too much of an advantage playing against M/KB.

Couldn't developers just code their games so a gamepad is mandatory for cross-platform?

-Mezzo-
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Monday, February 04, 2013 2:25 AM
NeverEnding1989

but it would be a lot of fun getting some N4G people together and showing PS3 owners just how ***** the Dualshock is. 

You think you know what you'll be doing ( When Cross Platform Play Come ), but trust me you don't, the only thing that awaits you, is a rude awakening, and everyone knows, they're never fun.

Now i wish the Cross-Platform Play comes, so i PERSONALLY have the opportunity to right so many wrongs. 

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'

Kon
  • Total Posts : 11113
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Monday, February 04, 2013 2:45 AM
I don't want to play with the Playstation crowd, they're no fun at all.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.

-MD-
  • Total Posts : 8196
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Monday, February 04, 2013 2:51 AM
-Mezzo-

Rane-StP

-Mezzo-

No, not you the PC Gamer, you wouldn't be able to do anything ( Own or Pwn ), if it wasn't for the mouse.

Someone has to control said mouse.

Edit: But yeah it would be hard to do unless they forced use of a gamepad on PC. It wouldn't even be close if they let us use a mouse unless there was some sort of handicap in-game.
<message edited by -MD- on Monday, February 04, 2013 2:54 AM>

iNcRiMiNaTi
  • Total Posts : 1357
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Tuesday, February 05, 2013 2:37 AM
MidnytRain

Couldn't developers just code their games so a gamepad is mandatory for cross-platform?

Then that cross-platform part of MP better be a separate mode from the others. There's no way I'm paying for a game where I'm not allowed to use m/kb for a game, that's like telling PC gamers you need to buy a gamepad in order to play it....good luck getting sales. Better yet why not give next gen consoles the ability to use m/kb in their games if they prefer it?
<message edited by iNcRiMiNaTi on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 2:39 AM>

ichimaru
  • Total Posts : 2572
Re:chances of cross platform play next gen - Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:16 PM
iNcRiMiNaTi

MidnytRain

Then that cross-platform part of MP better be a separate mode from the others. There's no way I'm paying for a game where I'm not allowed to use m/kb for a game, that's like telling PC gamers you need to buy a gamepad in order to play it....good luck getting sales. Better yet why not give next gen consoles the ability to use m/kb in their games if they prefer it?

Current gen has it I beleive, Devs ejust don't want any part of it. 
OT I would love to play some N4G guys cross platform. it would be cool if it showed what platform others players were using in a game's lobby
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai