no sony tvs at bestbuy?

Nizzy79
  • Total Posts : 2688
  • Reward points : 0
no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:09 AM
i posted this on g+, but wanted to do so here also...

I went to #bestbuy today looking at their tv section and after walking the aisle twice... I asked the rep where all the #sony #tv's were.  He basically said sony hasn't been doing well and#samsung has taken over. 

Is this #weird?!?

SIDENOTE... hastags work on here, that's cool... i see they brought me to google+ 
<message edited by Nizzy79 on Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:12 AM>
movies i rated on IMDb SmilesAreFree 

flip-it3
  • Total Posts : 6628
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:14 AM
Canadian bestbuys still have a few models of them and there is a showcase demo for them here. But Samsung and LG are pretty much the most sold brands at bestbuy. 

Nizzy79
  • Total Posts : 2688
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:17 AM
flip-it3

Canadian bestbuys still have a few models of them and there is a showcase demo for them here. But Samsung and LG are pretty much the most sold brands at bestbuy. 

that's so crazy to me. i just thought sony would always be a front runner. i mean their prices pretty much dictate why they've been phased out, but i never thought i'd see the day. 
movies i rated on IMDb SmilesAreFree 

Milky
  • Total Posts : 2528
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:22 AM
That's pretty weird. Over here in the UK, the sony HX853 tv is considered the best in its class. When I went to buy one I had to pre-order because they were all sold out. 

I thought their TVs were coming back into fashion.

PSN: joe382

thorstein
  • Total Posts : 438
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:31 AM
Nizzy79

flip-it3

that's so crazy to me. i just thought sony would always be a front runner. i mean their prices pretty much dictate why they've been phased out, but i never thought i'd see the day. 

Was thinking the same thing while looking through the ads in the morning paper.  Why no SONY?  Guess I will go elsewhere, we have been pricing TVs but I also want quality choice.

flip-it3
  • Total Posts : 6628
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:05 AM
I think the main thing is that samsung and LG have a lot of momentum behind them right now with their resurgence back on the scene. 

Samsung brand with smart phones, tablets and tv get a strong word of mouth from people even with people that don't know much of technology. Also LG tv in the last 2 years have actually been pretty impressive. 

Sony still makes a great quality tv picture but the price and I think people are seeing sony as the old dog. They've been dominant for so long in the past, people just want to go with a fresher brand. 

cgoodno
  • Total Posts : 3493
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:12 AM
It's just floor space and you put there was has sold better (as well as which one gives them the better deal for selling).

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...~~cabcat0101001~~nf862||536f6e79&list=y&nrp=15&sc=TVVideoSP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0100000&searchresults=1&searchterm=sony+tv

WildArmed
  • Total Posts : 10162
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:13 AM
Wouldn't know, I bought my Bravia back in 08 when Circuit City when out of business. 

Surprised to hear that thou. 

TheNocturnus
  • Total Posts : 4403
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:35 AM
It's just part of Best Buy's ultimate goal of phasing out all of Sony's garbage products. 

thebudgetgamer
  • Total Posts : 7018
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:37 AM
Best Buy, more like Worst Buy. Am I right.

High five.
<message edited by thebudgetgamer on Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:38 AM>

Psykik
  • Total Posts : 61
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:11 PM
 Why would anyone want to shop at BestBuy anyway? Way too expensive there.

B Man
  • Total Posts : 8479
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:30 PM
Not surprised since Sony has already stated they are severly scaling back the divisions that are losing money... which includes their TV-making division.  Sony TVs are slowly being phased out completely.

I was always a philips person any ways, but even they got shut out of the TV industry.  In all honesty though, the new samsungs out there are f*cking gorgeous, and even come with kinect-like functionality.
<message edited by B Man on Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:36 PM>

Tewi-Inaba
  • Total Posts : 2216
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:46 PM

Where is best buy so I can press the disagree button.
damn these people who don't worship sony to the deepest hells.

Friend Code:1650-0941-8045

duplissi
  • Total Posts : 1751
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:29 PM
simple math, Sony's tvs haven't sold well and best buy hasn't been doing all that well either so they are only stocking brands that sell very well.

Some of samsung's tvs are downright gorgeous.

caseh
  • Total Posts : 317
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:51 AM
Samsung have always had a ridiculously low fault tolerance rate during build and QA testing on their TVs, I think LG have the same traits. Sony on the other hand i'm not so sure, but pound for pound Samsung panels are far superior when you factor in price and reliability. Sure I read something recently that Sony were potentially ceasing production on TVs altogether after several years of being rimmed by the competition and that particular department is bleeding money as a result.

FAT MAN GO BOOM
  • Total Posts : 15453
Re:no sony tvs at bestbuy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:01 AM
Wife and I were at best buy the other day and Sony was there just a few tvs though were sonys....

that being said... neither was toshiba panasonic as well,  I believe it is to do with new and next cycle TV coming out.  New tech is one its way that is what CES was all about.  Every tv company was pushing their new series tvs that will be out this year...

That is why I was hoping to get a tv now... the prices are so low on tvs now they are clearing stock... I know I will not be able to afford the new tvs around the corner so I was hoping to get at least a newer tv than the one I have...
[ali