Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!!

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 63 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
macalatus
  • Total Posts : 5509
  • Reward points : 0
Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 7:00 PM
          My fellow N4G Sony gamers, I declare today, Feb. 19, as the official N4G Sony Fanboy Day.  The N4G Sony Fanboy Day is to commemorate the end of the HD-DVD format two years ago following Toshiba's announcement that they would end their support for the said format.  The announcement of the end of the HD-DVD format also marked the end of N4G’s Great Fanboy War of 2007.

To the N4G members who missed the Great Fanboy War of 2007, let me tell this abridged story of that epic era in the history of N4G.  Not too long ago, the N4G that you now know of was a totally different place.  The demonic forces of the Mart, known as the 360 fanboys, and his lieutenants Power of Green, RL Baker, and Bladestar ruled the N4G site with total tyranny and absolute power.  News articles published in the mainsite were nothing more than propaganda articles made by Microsoft; the articles proclaiming the “quick end” of Sony and the then newly-launched PS3, a console designed for the classy, mature, and intelligent gamers.

Your fellow Sony gamers that you now commonly see in this website, were far and few in between during those dark times. Some of them, like me, were “political refugees” from other 360 majority websites like Gamespot, IGN, Gamefaqs, and Gametrailers.  We left those sites as being a Sony gamer meant enduring insults.  Initially, we saw N4G as a new place where we can voice our opinions as Sony gamers and our love for high quality Sony games without any trouble.  Alas, much to our dismay, we were wrong.  The tyrannical 360 fanboys were quick to lay down their iron fists by “reply post ganging”, disagreeing, and worst of all, the dreaded “bubble raping”.  Even merely saying that you like a certain Sony game meant attracting the evil horde of 360 gamers. We, the small, minority band of Sony gamers, knew that we cannot keep leaving one site for another as it means dealing with a new group of 360 fanatics.  As a result, we decided to stand up and fight for our rights as Sony gamers. This, my friends, was the start of N4G’s Great Fanboy War of 2007!

The first months of the Great Fanboy War were a difficult one.  The 360 fanboys, led by the terrifying Mart, harassed the small of Sony gamers. They tried to downplay PS3 exclusives, mocked the idea of calling PS3 owners as “gamers”.  They also mass approved anti-PS3 articles all the while reporting pro-PS3 articles as “lame”.  Still, we held on despite the overwhelming odds.  Even more amazing, our numbers began to grow, as more and more Sony gamers came to this site.  Positive PS3 news started coming after E3 2007, and the 360 fanboys were hard at work trying to destroy the positive news by finding all anti-PS3 news/articles that they can find in the Internet.  If there was one kind of news that both sides were eagerly awaiting, it would be the HD format war.  You see, during 2007, most 360 fanboys were confident that the HD-DVD format was winning, and if Blu-Ray lost the format wars, it would also spell an almost instant end to the PS3.  The 360 fanboys were so confident that HD-DVD would win that they simply let the Sony gamers in this website grow (a big tactical mistake); they wanted to see the cry and agony in the comments of PS3 owners after knowing that the end of their consoles would be next after the death of Blu-Ray.  As we should all know by now, Toshiba made the decision of who won the format with the announcement that they will end all support for HD-DVD.

Toshiba’s announcement wasn’t without any effects on N4G.  The 360 fanboys who were confidently waiting for the death of Blu-Ray quickly found themselves eating their words, with the Sony gamers now quickly returning the favor on them.  Many of the same 360 fanboys found themselves humiliated and left the site…never to return again.  The Mart lost his prestige as leader of the 360 group while his lieutenants Power of Green and Bladestar gradually reduced to mere annoyance before they themselves disappeared altogether.  Other 360 fanboys banished themselves to a dark and putrid place called the N4G Chatroom where like the Biblical Lucifer, they sometimes come back to N4G to sow dissent and test the faith of the loyal Sony gamers.

Now that I’ve told you about the Great Fanboy War, I want to present you some of these proud veterans (that I can remember) of the same war that fought in the proverbial trenches alongside with me:

Dark Sniper
Whoooop
Smokey McBear
DJ
Bathyj
Maddens Raiders
Bill Gates (the N4G member)

So my fellow N4G Sony gamers, please feel free to thank them (by post or PM) for their brave and gallant actions during the Great Fanboy War.  Their dedication to continue to fight the good fight helped secure the freedoms that we now enjoy as a Sony gamer in this website, for we no longer do we have to worry about the Mart and his minions attacking us for supporting Sony.  The actions of these veterans helped in turning N4G from a Dark Age website into one of the best gaming website; a website where the classy, mature, and intelligent gamers can converse with each other. All of us should have a personal moment of silence for the N4G Sony members who were banned during the Great Fanboy War, for they had decided to sacrifice their site membership for the Sony cause.  If you know a Sony fanboy outside of this website, feel free to tell him/her about the glorious struggle endured by the Sony gamers during N4G’s Great Fanboy War of 2007, as well as the importance of February 19. 

Remember, if the minions from the N4G Chat underworld continue to instill doubts about Sony delivering high-quality, thought provoking games, please look back to the people who went thru the Great Fanboy War for inspiration. 

Once again, HAPPY SONY FANBOY DAY to all of my N4G peeps, and always remember…

Sony Gamers Lead the Way!

<message edited by macalatus on Friday, February 19, 2010 7:05 PM>
Gen. George Patton FTW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ     

If you're reading this, you have got to be bored!

TMAN
  • Total Posts : 43176
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 7:01 PM
macalatus

[font="'times new roman'"]My fellow N4G Sony gamers, I declare today, Feb. 19, as the official N4G Sony Fanboy Day.  The N4G Sony Fanboy Day is to commemorate the end of the HD-DVD format two years ago following Toshiba's announcement that they would end their support for the said format.  The announcement of the end of the HD-DVD format also marked the end of N4G’s Great Fanboy War of 2007.
[font="'times new roman'"] 
[font="'times new roman'"]          [font="'times new roman'"]To the N4G members who missed the Great Fanboy War of 2007, let me tell this abridged story of that epic era in the history of N4G.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Not too long ago, the N4G that you now know of was a totally different place.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]The demonic forces of the Mart, known as the 360 fanboys, and his lieutenants Power of Green, RL Baker, and Bladestar ruled the N4G site with total tyranny and absolute power.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]News articles published in the mainsite were nothing more than propaganda articles made by Microsoft; the articles proclaiming the “quick end” of Sony and the then newly-launched PS3, a console designed for the classy, mature, and intelligent gamers.
[font="'times new roman'"]          [font="'times new roman'"]Your fellow Sony gamers that you now commonly see in this website, were far and few in between during those dark times. Some of them, like me, were “political refugees” from other 360 majority websites like Gamespot, IGN, Gamefaqs, and Gametrailers.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]We left those sites as being a Sony gamer meant enduring insults.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Initially, we saw N4G as a new place where we can voice our opinions as Sony gamers and our love for high quality Sony games without any trouble.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Alas, much to our dismay, we were wrong.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]The tyrannical 360 fanboys were quick to lay down their iron fists by “reply post ganging”, disagreeing, and worst of all, the dreaded “bubble raping”.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Even merely saying that you like a certain Sony game meant attracting the evil horde of 360 gamers. We, the small, minority band of Sony gamers, knew that we cannot keep leaving one site for another as it means dealing with a new group of 360 fanatics.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]As a result, we decided to stand up and fight for our rights as Sony gamers. This, my friends, was the start of N4G’s Great Fanboy War of 2007!
[font="'times new roman'"]          [font="'times new roman'"]The first months of the Great Fanboy War were a difficult one.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]The 360 fanboys, led by the terrifying Mart, harassed the small of Sony gamers. They tried to downplay PS3 exclusives, mocked the idea of calling PS3 owners as “gamers”.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]They also mass approved anti-PS3 articles all the while reporting pro-PS3 articles as “lame”.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Still, we held on despite the overwhelming odds.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Even more amazing, our numbers began to grow, as more and more Sony gamers came to this site.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Positive PS3 news started coming after E3 2007, and the 360 fanboys were hard at work trying to destroy the positive news by finding all anti-PS3 news/articles that they can find in the Internet.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]If there was one kind of news that both sides were eagerly awaiting, it would be the HD format war.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]You see, during 2007, most 360 fanboys were confident that the HD-DVD format was winning, and if Blu-Ray lost the format wars, it would also spell an almost instant end to the PS3.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]The 360 fanboys were so confident that HD-DVD would win that they simply let the Sony gamers in this website grow (a big tactical mistake); they wanted to see the cry and agony in the comments of PS3 owners after knowing that the end of their consoles would be next after the death of Blu-Ray.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]As we should all know by now, Toshiba made the decision of who won the format with the announcement that they will end all support for HD-DVD.
[font="'times new roman'"]          [font="'times new roman'"]Toshiba’s announcement wasn’t without any effects on N4G.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]The 360 fanboys who were confidently waiting for the death of Blu-Ray quickly found themselves eating their words, with the Sony gamers now quickly returning the favor on them.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Many of the same 360 fanboys found themselves humiliated and left the site…never to return again.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]The Mart lost his prestige as leader of the 360 group while his lieutenants Power of Green and Bladestar gradually reduced to mere annoyance before they themselves disappeared altogether.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Other 360 fanboys banished themselves to a dark and putrid place called the N4G Chatroom where like the Biblical Lucifer, they sometimes come back to N4G to sow dissent and test the faith of the loyal Sony gamers.
[font="'times new roman'"]          [font="'times new roman'"]Now that I’ve told you about the Great Fanboy War, I want to present you some of these proud veterans (that I can remember) of the same war that fought in the proverbial trenches alongside with me:
[font="'times new roman'"]Dark Sniper
[font="'times new roman'"]Whoooop
[font="'times new roman'"]Smokey McBear
[font="'times new roman'"]DJ
[font="'times new roman'"]Bathyj
[font="'times new roman'"]Maddens Raiders
[font="'times new roman'"]Bill Gates (the N4G member)
[font="'times new roman'"]          [font="'times new roman'"]So my fellow N4G Sony gamers, please feel free to thank them (by post or PM) for their brave and gallant actions during the Great Fanboy War.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]Their dedication to continue to fight the good fight helped secure the freedoms that we now enjoy as a Sony gamer in this website, for we no longer do we have to worry about the Mart and his minions attacking us for supporting Sony.[font="'times new roman'"]  [font="'times new roman'"]The actions of these veterans helped in turning N4G from a Dark Age website into one of the best gaming website; a website where the classy, mature, and intelligent gamers can converse with each other.[font="'times new roman'"]   [font="'times new roman'"]If you know a Sony fanboy outside of this website, feel free to tell him/her about the glorious struggle endured by the Sony gamers during N4G’s Great Fanboy War of 2007, as well as the importance of February 19.[font="'times new roman'"] 
[font="'times new roman'"]Remember, if the minions from the N4G Chat underworld continue to instill doubts about Sony delivering high-quality, thought provoking games, please look back to the people who went thru the Great Fanboy War for inspiration.[font="'times new roman'"] 
[font="'times new roman'"]Once again, HAPPY SONY FANBOY DAY to all of my N4G peeps, and always remember…
[font="'times new roman'"]Sony Gamers Lead the Way!
AHHHH!! MY EYES!!!

Enough is enough!!  >:(

UNBAN RAGE AND TENSTEPS!!!  

meepmoopmeep
  • Total Posts : 8951
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 7:03 PM
uhh... if you even know the date... you should seek psychology therapy

i was here when the 360 force was strong, even when the droids started taking helm, but yeah, i don't keep track of insignificant stuff

"so make the best of this test and don't ask why.
it's not a question but a lesson learned in time."

LordMarius
  • Total Posts : 4269
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 7:08 PM

Partay @ my Home space

BIoodmask
  • Total Posts : 9499
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 7:15 PM

elcompa425
  • Total Posts : 1275
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 7:45 PM
In before Odion comes in and locks this baby.

LordMarius
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 7:48 PM
elcompa425

Odion is the man bow down!
<message edited by Odion on Friday, February 19, 2010 8:59 PM>

Jinxstar
  • Total Posts : 529
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 8:07 PM
I feel so left out =(

elcompa425
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 8:07 PM

MariusElijah

elcompa425

no minion shall censor us

LOL....

Harry_Manback
  • Total Posts : 16
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 8:55 PM
Ah, the memories...

TheBand1t
  • Total Posts : 727
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 8:58 PM

lol, POG is still here though. Just not going by that name anymore.....
Cipher 

Pain
  • Total Posts : 3692
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 8:58 PM
Fun time those days.. well no not really.. 

Odion
  • Total Posts : 18180
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 8:59 PM
MariusElijah

elcompa425

Your so nice Marius!

My Stupid-Meter is hitting the red but I'd rather the stupid be concentrated to this thread then all the others.

meepmoopmeep
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:03 PM
Odion

MariusElijah

elcompa425

Your so nice Marius!

My Stupid-Meter is hitting the red but I'd rather the stupid be concentrated to this thread then all the others.

you need grammar & spelling classes, don't know how you made it past high school

LordMarius
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:04 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They done me wrong

I've been de...defeated

Odion
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:06 PM
meepmoopmeep

Odion

MariusElijah

elcompa425

Your so nice Marius!

you need grammar & spelling classes, don't know how you made it past high school

By not caring about my spelling and grammar on a game forum

meepmoopmeep
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:10 PM
Odion

meepmoopmeep

Odion

MariusElijah

elcompa425

Your so nice Marius!

By not caring about my spelling and grammar on a game forum

you DO know scientific data "suggests" that how you present yourself daily is a discipline of your educated self?

TMAN
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:11 PM
I made it past high school!! Now I am all growed up, and play games. One day,I hope to be a mod on here!! Then, Admin!! Then I amma buy this site!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!

meepmoopmeep
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:12 PM
TMANX1

I made it past high school!! Now I am all growed up, and play games. One day,I hope to be a mod on here!! Then, Admin!! Then I amma buy this site!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!

damn you, Albertans! >:O

TMAN
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:17 PM
meepmoopmeep

TMANX1

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!

damn you, Albertans! >:O
Lol. WUT?

Bonsai1214
  • Total Posts : 858
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:36 PM
too much effort was put into this thread
Bonsai1214 - PSN  add me.

BIoodmask
  • Total Posts : 9499
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:44 PM
Stop quoting super long quote chains.

DarkSniper
  • Total Posts : 4006
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:44 PM
This is certainly a celebration amongst gamers. Sony Computer Entertainment has officially dominated News For Gamers and saved this website from the evil Microsoft contingent.  Now we all can live in heavenly bliss as PlayStation®3 propels us to the future and b3yond.

$niper

JRisburning
  • Total Posts : 547
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 9:47 PM
This thread has gotten out of control.....where is BIOODMASK to REGULATE.

Odion
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:01 PM
I cleared out the political stuff, have fun with your Sony Party, I won't take over Marius comments anymore

TMAN
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:02 PM
Good. Thread is cleaned up finally. I was going to go all Karate on some asses here soon.

See,

elcompa425
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:03 PM
TMANX1

Good. Thread is cleaned up finally. I was going to go all Karate on some asses here soon.

See,

Actually, no.

Kenshin_BATT0USAI
  • Total Posts : 10816
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:04 PM
meepmoopmeep

i was here when the 360 force was strong, even when the droids started taking helm, but yeah, i don't keep track of insignificant stuff

It's called wikipedia, get with it Mr. Know-it-all!
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion

AliTheBrit19
  • Total Posts : 404
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:04 PM
I can't believe I used to be like you..

a well known sony fanboy *shudder*

Even though it isn't true, I'm happier being called a bot now.

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:05 PM
What the hell is going on here!?

TMAN
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:07 PM
elcompa425

TMANX1

See,

Actually, no.
Oh yes. You never seen TMAN go all Karate on someone here before. It ain't purtty...

elcompa425
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:07 PM
Hellangelzx

What the hell is going on here!?

You missed it. Odion and Meep were having a chat. Entertaining, and enlightening to see Odion declare what China is. Nothing to see here though, it was getting out of control. Good pic, haha.

meepmoopmeep
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:09 PM
Hellbringer

meepmoopmeep

you do know *anyone* can edit wiki?

wiki isn't the be-all-end-all

foolish next-gen :P

LordMarius
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:11 PM
to continue the celebration, Cake

elcompa425
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:11 PM
meepmoopmeep

Hellbringer

meepmoopmeep

I'm starting to think, you don't catch on to sarcasm very fast...just an observation.

TMAN
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:13 PM
C'mon!! I take y'all on, like right nao!!!

elcompa425
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:16 PM
TMANX1

C'mon!! I take y'all on, like right nao!!!

lmao.....oohh tman...im sure that's what u look like too, haha jk.

ZombieNinjaPanda
  • Total Posts : 11431
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:17 PM
Alright thanks elcompa.

I miss all the fun :(

TMAN
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:18 PM
Lol. Probably, after one or two drinks of rum....

Kenshin_BATT0USAI
  • Total Posts : 10816
Re:Happy N4G Sony Fanboy Day!! - Friday, February 19, 2010 10:19 PM
elcompa425

meepmoopmeep

Hellbringer

meepmoopmeep

I'm starting to think, you don't catch on to sarcasm very fast...just an observation.

To be fair, I was being serious, and Meep is right, anyone can edit. But something so insignificant, I don't think people will bother changing the dates around for.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 63 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version