I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G...

Immortal321
  • Total Posts : 74
  • Reward points : 0
I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:51 PM
Big sites don't have no justice for gamers like me. All I hear is this is better than that and vice versa. Too many double standards, too many hypocrites, too many non gamers. After watching gamespot review for Splintercell, I came to the conclusion that SC:C is a watered down stealth game. No picking locks, no moving dead bodies, this game is plain easy and it's also being praised for it.

-Neon-
  • Total Posts : 1317
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:54 PM

and N4G isn't that big. I'd call it medium or average. 

Defectiv3_Detectiv3
  • Total Posts : 1184
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:14 PM
It's true though, gaming reviews in general are highly biased. I don't think the game industry is held to the same standard as other entertainment industries such as music or movies. These gaming sites stand a lot to lose by pissing developers off with poor scores. You know how much site traffic these guys get off exclusive early reviews? As far as this generation is concerned, I really haven't played that many games that felt like they should score over a 9. It doesn't seem like this gen has hit its stride - the defining games haven't come out yet. There is nothing that I can see myself looking back fondly on like I do with games from the PS2, N64, and SNES eras.

The latest offender: GoW3. As if the hack'n'slash genre wasn't over saturated enough. These games are just getting tired. Fighting enemies just feels like a chore. The way I approached this game was like I would a puzzler, the bosses being the puzzles, but before I could get to them I had to slog through some really repetitive gameplay. By videogame standards I geuss the story is alright, but there were some parts I just shook my head at and I find Kratos to be a highly unlikable character. And the violence is just ridiculous. Totally pandering to prepubescent little boys. It just got old after awhile, like the devs were more worried about oooing and awwwing us with a bunch of childish violence as opposed to actually crafting a well thought out game.

DavidMacDougall
  • Total Posts : 514
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:15 PM
-Neon-

and N4G isn't that big. I'd call it medium or average. 

BIoodmask
  • Total Posts : 9499
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:20 PM
N4G really isn't a gaming community on the main page. It is jut a bunch of people who like to fight.

Ru
  • Total Posts : 5534
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:26 PM
opinions are like ass holes... everybody's got one.
and on the internet it tends to get stinky. 

So obviously you would suffer less of a headache if you only had to listen to a few opinions from a small site than a "ass"load from a larger site. 
My advise: Just shrug your shoulders and click on my friend, click on. 

BTW I liked SC:C 
<message edited by RuJoshin on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:37 PM>

TheColbertinator
  • Total Posts : 7301
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:32 PM
Well Immortal that's the internet for you.

Bnet343
  • Total Posts : 637
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:34 PM
So you just made this thread to let everyone know you hate Splinter Cell Conviction. OK.

JRisburning
  • Total Posts : 547
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:39 PM
Kigmal

So you just made this thread to let everyone know you hate Splinter Cell Conviction. OK.

What's wrong with that?

solar
  • Total Posts : 1360
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:14 PM
Tony Scarboni

It's true though, gaming reviews in general are highly biased. I don't think the game industry is held to the same standard as other entertainment industries such as music or movies. These gaming sites stand a lot to lose by pissing developers off with poor scores. You know how much site traffic these guys get off exclusive early reviews? As far as this generation is concerned, I really haven't played that many games that felt like they should score over a 9. It doesn't seem like this gen has hit its stride - the defining games haven't come out yet. There is nothing that I can see myself looking back fondly on like I do with games from the PS2, N64, and SNES eras.

The latest offender: GoW3. As if the hack'n'slash genre wasn't over saturated enough. These games are just getting tired. Fighting enemies just feels like a chore. The way I approached this game was like I would a puzzler, the bosses being the puzzles, but before I could get to them I had to slog through some really repetitive gameplay. By videogame standards I geuss the story is alright, but there were some parts I just shook my head at and I find Kratos to be a highly unlikable character. And the violence is just ridiculous. Totally pandering to prepubescent little boys. It just got old after awhile, like the devs were more worried about oooing and awwwing us with a bunch of childish violence as opposed to actually crafting a well thought out game.

see:  MW2 also.  gaming has become so stagnant and no truly, innovative idea has come around in years.   if this slippery slope continues and publishers of big companies continually force rehashes instead of different games of different genres, then ill be upset.  thankfully we do have a lot of indy dev's that make fun, imaginative games and Valve, who can do creative things without a big publisher making them not try need things, aka Portal.  a also applaud EA for letting DICE try Mirror's Edge.  it was a fun new take on an FPS. 

DarkSniper
  • Total Posts : 4006
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:34 PM

You officially lost at the internet.  Epic fail.

_Q_
  • Total Posts : 5536
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:25 PM
Immortal321

Big sites don't have no justice for gamers like me. All I hear is this is better than that and vice versa. Too many double standards, too many hypocrites, too many non gamers. After watching gamespot review for Splintercell, I came to the conclusion that SC:C is a watered down stealth game. No picking locks, no moving dead bodies, this game is plain easy and it's also being praised for it.

I'm sorry. Who are you?

Don't let it all bother you too much. Geez I'd figured you'd be stoic to such stuff if you read of watch any other form of news or media.
Click Click Clicky Goes that Q guy. Say it with me... M-Q-ROWZ!  PSN ID Mquirozz Twitter.com/mquirozz

Tiberium
  • Total Posts : 27
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:59 PM
    I can understand why. Community-wise it's pretty messed up. I'd be willing to bet most people on this site talk about why they hate a game, more than play a game they like.

News-wise N4G is pretty terrible also. Most of the articles don't tell you anything you don't  already know. They're just flaimbate articles that get a lot of comments and views but little info. Honestly, in the submission test they stated opinions shouldn't get approved but yet they do.

solar
  • Total Posts : 1360
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:38 PM
Tiberium

I can understand why. Community-wise it's pretty messed up. I'd be willing to bet most people on this site talk about why they hate a game, more than play a game they like.

News-wise N4G is pretty terrible also. Most of the articles don't tell you anything you don't  already know. They're just flaimbate articles that get a lot of comments and views but little info. Honestly, in the submission test they stated opinions shouldn't get approved but yet they do.

that has to do with the user base also.  the users accept and post the news as the gospel.  when joe **** the rag man can own a no name web blog and it's posted here as news.  been going on the entire time ive cruised this site, and there is no sign of it stopping with the hilarity that is this console war.  it's kiddies being kiddies.  

SKUD
  • Total Posts : 2750
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:04 PM
Beat it. Neon's sig is pure WIN. Change that, EPIC WIN.

Bill Gates
  • Total Posts : 2072
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:01 PM
Internet = 1

Immortal = 0
Bring back Maddens_Raiders

[/alig

Solid_Snake
  • Total Posts : 2620
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:12 PM
Tony Scarboni

yawn

that is all

MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE

slessman
  • Total Posts : 132
Re:I'm officially leaving big game sites like N4G... - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:35 PM

I doubt the sites are the problem. To tell you the truth most gaming sites are like this one. No matter how big or how small there will always be an element of this game is better than that one in these types of forums.