Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread

Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 40 of 201 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Joule
  • Total Posts : 2918
  • Reward points : 0
Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:26 AM
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Release Date:TBA 2011

Platforms: Playstation 3

Trailers:

Extended Trailer, don't know why its backwards

Official TGS 2010

Impressions

Characters

Noctis(Presumably the main character)
Backround:
Little to nothing is known about this character. All we know is impressions of his character from the trailer from E3/TGS 2006 as well as minor details which the developers at Square Enix have touched on in interviews (He is royalty).

Whoever "He" is had the ability to control 10 swords that surround him invisibly for protection. While he walks into the battlefield it looks as though the gunfire is missing him completely, but in reality it is being deflected by the cloaked swords. It seems as though when he is wielding one of the swords or the sword are surrounding and protecting him on the defensive, his eyes change to a crimson colour. His clothes seem to resemble Could Strife's one arm outfit from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, the black material zips with his waist long cloak-type-thing are slightly similar. He more than likely is,but there is no official conformation yet that this character is actually the main.

Stella
Backround:
There is very little information about her other than her appearance and the weapon she uses in the trailer. She has also been seen in a cutscene speaking to Noctis during a part, this scene was shown during the DKS event in 2008. She has a conversation with Noctis and they appear to be friendly with each other. In the TGS 2007 trailer, she draws what looks like a Rapier sword when the trailer ends. Interestingly the patterns on the coloured spirals around both her and Noctis' have the same design as the handle of each characters' sword.

"Shotgun Guy"(Official name not none yet)
Backround:
The Shotgun Guy appears to be close to Noctis. He is seen during the TGS 2007 trailer playfully getting Noctis in a headlock and is later seen in a headlock himself by the Scarred Guy who also appears to be one of their friends.

"Scarred Guy"(Official name not known yet)
Backround:
Considering that he is seen having the Shotgun Guy in a headlock and laughing, it can be safely assumed that he is also part of Noctis's group and is one of their friends.

Leaked Scans:

http://translate.google.es/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://psnow.es/noticias/articulo/3309/

Details:
The world is an open field, and you can go everywhere except for the mountains
-You can destroy objects that you find on the road.
-You’ll be able to use a car as promised. You can exit it and move on foot at any time as well.
- Enemies will be visible on the field, and while some enemies are wandering around, others will suddenly appear and surprise you. (This clarifies what the random and visible comment meant, and it also confirms that game will be similar to FFXII in that sense.)

-The Battle System Known Details
The battle system will feature the ability to teleport short distances. The player will be able to throw a weapon to hit an enemy and teleport to it quickly. 
A resent interview with Nomura has revealed some more details about the Final Fantasy Versus XIII battle system. So far, he says, its still resembles the Kingdom Hearts battle system. However, this only applies when a sword is drawn. When the character draws a Gun, it changes to a Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII type aiming/shooting system. Also, there is said to have something different to past Final Fantasy -- Blood! Apparently, blood will spray out when you attack the enemies. (Like in the Jump Festa Trailer) The game will also contain a freeroam airship, unlike Final Fantasy X but more like Final Fantasy VII or VIII. 

*Thread will be updated constantly,if you know of anything else please tell me and I will add it.

<message edited by El Jugador on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:00 PM>

JVIDICAN
  • Total Posts : 5749
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:29 AM
Lulz. This threads just going to be multiplat debate until mid-January at the very least.

Classy, Sassy, Seldomly Nasty, but always Assy. 
I blame toughNAME for FFXIII's 2010

Joule
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:34 AM
JVIDICAN

Lulz. This threads just going to be multiplat debate until mid-January at the very least.

lol ITS NOT GOING MULTIPLATFORM

*back to fixing thread*

sdtarm
  • Total Posts : 1910
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:34 AM
JVIDICAN

actually its a good idea to keep a thread alive, thats only what u want for the contest right?

redDevil87
  • Total Posts : 8354
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:52 AM
Nice thread man, must've taken a while to do all of this. Using a car to get around sounds dope, i wonder if thats a chocobo replacement...

Joule
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:57 AM
redDevil87

Nice thread man, must've taken a while to do all of this. Using a car to get around sounds dope, i wonder if thats a chocobo replacement...

phew took an hour or so, I don't think I am ever making another official thread ever again.....until Resistance 3 comes out.

toaster
  • Total Posts : 5619
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 10:00 AM
El Jugador

redDevil87

phew took an hour or so, I don't think I am ever making another official thread ever again.....until Resistance 3 comes out.

Official according to who?? jk. 

sdtarm
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 11:02 AM
WOW i had not seen the extended trailer, suddenly my interest for this game just peaked, i hope the guy behind this really pulls it out with gameplay and story cuz so far the Soundtrack is already a Huge Win :D

TheColbertinator
  • Total Posts : 7301
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 11:54 AM
I can't wait to play this on my 360
<message edited by TheColbertinator on Saturday, October 02, 2010 11:55 AM>

Otheros00
  • Total Posts : 7
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:03 PM
TheColbertinator

Too bad. Did you actually watch any of the trailers? None of the trailers said it was for 360.
Not to be hating on you but I like my games not gimped. If it was mutiplatform from the begining than I would be fine with it.

Otheros00
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:07 PM
Did anyone else notice the ultra fluid animation in that leaked gameplay clip?

heyheyhey
  • Total Posts : 4578
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:14 PM
Otheros00

TheColbertinator

Too bad. Did you actually watch any of the trailers? None of the trailers said it was for 360.
Not to be hating on you but I like my games not gimped. If it was mutiplatform from the begining than I would be fine with it.

I can fix your sarcasm detector for a blowjob

sdtarm
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:28 PM
heyheyhey

Otheros00

TheColbertinator

I can fix your sarcasm detector for a blowjob

haha yeah u gotta learn that we at N4G are really sarcastic ppl

Joule
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:47 PM
TheColbertinator

LordMarius
  • Total Posts : 4269
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:51 PM
2 years to early

JawsofRegret
  • Total Posts : 33
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:58 PM
I'm pretty sure this game isn't even coming out.

godoftime
  • Total Posts : 4813
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 1:04 PM
This game will be amazing ahhh.
[god.complex]
always[thin.king]ofbeingsomewhereelsein[tim.e]

SnuggleBandit
  • Total Posts : 2140
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 1:55 PM
Otheros00

TheColbertinator

Blind hope is not the same as optimism.

We have seen square favor the 360 time and time again. I know for a fact it will be ported.

JawsofRegret
  • Total Posts : 33
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:13 PM
SnuggleBandit

Otheros00

TheColbertinator

We have seen square favor the 360 time and time again. I know for a fact it will be ported.

It will not be ported and it will not appear on 360. I know Square wants to release at least one good game this gen. 
<message edited by JawsofRegret on Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:14 PM>

redDevil87
  • Total Posts : 8354
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:17 PM
JawsofRegret

SnuggleBandit

Otheros00

TheColbertinator

It will not be ported and it will not appear on 360. I know Square wants to release at least one good game this gen. 

You sure about that?  lol

WildArmed
  • Total Posts : 10008
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 3:35 PM
Wow.. thanks for getting me all excited again for FF13vs -.-
We all know SE is gonna take another effen 3 years to give this to us :(

DAMN IT!
Now I gotta go work off this adrenaline.
Off to a quick jog I go.
Laterz >.>

-MD-
  • Total Posts : 8195
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 7:10 PM
I want it to come to 360 but I won't complain if it stays exclusive.  The compression on FFXIII didn't bother me. I want some actual gameplay too that's longer than 6 seconds.

JVIDICAN
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Saturday, October 02, 2010 8:36 PM
Looky what this threads become. I am a prophet.

kingofps3
  • Total Posts : 47
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Monday, October 04, 2010 10:47 PM

I just hope FFvs13 comes out 2011. I think its going to be a 2012 game because SE is releasing FF14 on PS3 in 2011 (they say).

:(

PS3Freak
  • Total Posts : 1831
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Monday, October 04, 2010 11:11 PM
kingofps3

I just hope FFvs13 comes out 2011. I think its going to be a 2012 game because SE is releasing FF14 on PS3 in 2011 (they say).

:(

FFXIII left this empty void within me(I liked it, but it wasn't what I thought it would be); I believe that Versus will be the game to fill that void. Thus, the sooner the better, within reason of course.

VampHuntD
  • Total Posts : 1286
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Tuesday, October 05, 2010 11:45 AM
There are no words to describe my excitement for this title.  I've had it preordered for almost a year now.  Silly, since new deals will rise for it, but I just wanted to be reminded that I have it already :)
King?....Yeah....Here's Your Crown 

saintjerry
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Wednesday, October 06, 2010 1:19 AM
FF again, boring

JVIDICAN
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Wednesday, October 06, 2010 1:47 AM
saintjerry

FF again, boring

You're boring!

godoftime
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Sunday, October 10, 2010 8:03 PM
saintjerry

FF again, boring

[god.complex]

WildArmed
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Monday, October 11, 2010 2:21 PM
Can't wait for Jan's SE FF conference.
It's too far away really :(

Hope to see some tid bits of info till then.
Otherwise, I'll be more than happy w/ Resistance 3 info :D

godoftime
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Monday, October 11, 2010 3:14 PM
I think FFversus will play like FFcrisis core does on PSP, or KH even. Which is good for me since I like that gameplay mechanic.
[god.complex]

ezcex
  • Total Posts : 2666
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Monday, October 11, 2010 3:15 PM
because of you all the recent ff suck ass

godoftime
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Monday, October 11, 2010 3:17 PM
ezcex

because of you all the recent ff suck ass

What do you mean recent? there's only been FF13 and that one was not like Crisis Core. AND, it also did not suck.
[god.complex]

-MD-
  • Total Posts : 8195
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Monday, October 11, 2010 11:35 PM
Final Fantasy XIII wasn't a bad game but people love to cry about it.

JVIDICAN
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Tuesday, October 12, 2010 1:18 AM
I concur with both posts above me.

WildArmed
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:00 AM
Murderdolls

Final Fantasy XIII wasn't a bad game but people love to cry about it.

Agreed.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It may not be the best FF, but was a solid one.
It might have been different from it's predecessors, but when has FF ever been a clone of it's predecessor?
All FF's had somethign new brought in, and in FF13 they did the same.

Joule
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:32 PM
I have never played Final Fantasy games but plan on starting here.

Dragunov
  • Total Posts : 2814
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:40 PM
I'd say that FFXIII was a huge dissapointment for me, and i love to cry about it.

Joule
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Monday, January 17, 2011 10:00 PM
Bumping this since there is a conference happening in Japan tommorow, to all the nay sayers I'm betting we get a release date and its going to be this year AND its going to be exclusive to the PS3.B)

http://www.uffsite.net/news/467/japanese-ff-fansite-pegs-7-titles-for-japanese-conference-new-ff13-title.html

slinky123456
  • Total Posts : 325
Re:Official Final Fantasy Versus XIII Thread - Monday, January 17, 2011 10:07 PM
El Jugador

Bumping this since there is a conference happening in Japan tommorow, to all the nay sayers I'm betting we get a release date and its going to be this year AND its going to be exclusive to the PS3.B)

http://www.uffsite.net/news/467/japanese-ff-fansite-pegs-7-titles-for-japanese-conference-new-ff13-title.html

I just pray there is an announcement of a release date. But it will probably just be the Japanese date sometime in 2011, and everywhere else it will be sometime 2012.

Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 40 of 201 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version