The best way to divide the S.P.E.C.I.A.L points in Fallout New Vegas

Damiann

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
The best way to divide the S.P.E.C.I.A.L points in Fallout New Vegas - Friday, October 29, 2010 9:17 AM ( #1 )
Any suggestions?
I played the game for a few hours , but i m going to create a new character, because i had strenght at 9 and and charisma at 2..

Nihilism

• Total Posts : 3028
Re:The best way to divide the S.P.E.C.I.A.L points in Fallout New Vegas - Friday, October 29, 2010 9:45 AM ( #2 )
Well strength is almost the most useless stat, who the hell makes a melee character :S

My tip is to put say 8 points into Intelligence right from the start so you can max out all your skills earlier. Agility is the next most important thing, charisma should be left at default unless needed for skills later on, then you can boost it. Lock pick /science etc should always take precedence over the gun/energy weapon skills, you get to complete more quests when you can pick locks etc so you level up faster to make up for the delayed leveling of your weapons anyway. Just remember to never boost your skills above 80 as well, because you get 10 from the bobbleheads, and 10 from the books, so if you want to speed level a skill, stop at 80 otherwise you are wasting potential points.
<message edited by Nihilism on Friday, October 29, 2010 10:45 AM>
Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real. Let focus go from your deceiving eyes, to know what's been concealed. We've all been blinded - Subjects to visual misinformation. A systematic denial of the crystalline. 
Damiann

• Total Posts : 6
Re:The best way to divide the S.P.E.C.I.A.L points in Fallout New Vegas - Friday, October 29, 2010 10:26 AM ( #3 )
  • Nihilism

Well strength is almost the most useless stat, who the hell makes a melee character :S

My tip is to put say 8 points into Intelligence right from the start so you can max out all your skills earlier. Agility is the next most important thing, charisma should be left at default unless needed for skills later on, then you can boost it. Lock pick /science etc should always take precedence over the gun/energy weapon skills, you get to complete more questions when you can pick locks etc so you level up faster to make up for the delayed leveling of your weapons anyway. Just remember to never boost your skills above 80 as well, because you get 10 from the bobbleheads, and 10 from the books, so if you want to speed level a skill, stop at 80 otherwise you are wasting potential points.

Thnx a lot for helping out
Nihilism

• Total Posts : 3028
Re:The best way to divide the S.P.E.C.I.A.L points in Fallout New Vegas - Friday, October 29, 2010 10:47 AM ( #4 )
Damiann
Thnx a lot for helping out

That's ok. I played through FO3 like 10 times so I figured out that was the fastest/best way. In fallout 3, whenever I'd start a new game as soon as I got in the waste land I would run straight to rivet city, ignoring enemies and get the intelligence bobble head, that way right from lvl 2 I would be getting 1 extra skill point per level, whereas if you wait to get to rivet city during the main quest you would be on say lvl 10 or 12 and you would miss out on 12 skill points. So if you google where the intelligence bobblehead is, if you can get it early on it will be beneficial, but if you have to do a bunch of stuff to get it...don't worry about it.
Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real. Let focus go from your deceiving eyes, to know what's been concealed. We've all been blinded - Subjects to visual misinformation. A systematic denial of the crystalline. 
PS360WII

• Total Posts : 10817
Re:The best way to divide the S.P.E.C.I.A.L points in Fallout New Vegas - Friday, October 29, 2010 11:28 AM ( #5 )
Nihilism

I did even for my Hardcore playthru.  There are a bunch of perks for the melee/unarmed person.

Best way to pick stats/special is figure out what perks you want to have and get to those numbers.  For my melee guy I needed Str 7, Per 6, End 6, and Agi 7.  I had to take away from Chr but oh wells and it left me with a lowly 5 on Int but I'm fine with that.

Nihilism is right on the Int part.  If you want many skill points per level you need that number high.
<message edited by PS360WII on Friday, October 29, 2010 12:09 PM>
What do you mean I don't have a life? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives.
TheColbertinator

• Total Posts : 7301
Re:The best way to divide the S.P.E.C.I.A.L points in Fallout New Vegas - Friday, October 29, 2010 12:02 PM ( #6 )
Strength 5
Perception 5
Endurance 6(7 if you are playing Hardcore)
Charisma 7
Intelligence 8
Agility 6
Luck 3(I never need it,no guarantees)

tripperuo

• Total Posts : 1
Re:The best way to divide the S.P.E.C.I.A.L points in Fallout New Vegas - Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:32 PM ( #7 )
Nihilism

My tip is to put say 8 points into Intelligence right from the start so you can max out all your skills earlier. Agility is the next most important thing, charisma should be left at default unless needed for skills later on, then you can boost it. Lock pick /science etc should always take precedence over the gun/energy weapon skills, you get to complete more quests when you can pick locks etc so you level up faster to make up for the delayed leveling of your weapons anyway. Just remember to never boost your skills above 80 as well, because you get 10 from the bobbleheads, and 10 from the books, so if you want to speed level a skill, stop at 80 otherwise you are wasting potential points.

i love str, i say put str 8 if you have the expansions so you can get spineless perk for 10. less trips to sell stuff, more damage. you think it's silly to be melee template, i think it's silly to not do range and melee on same char. lockpick>science, both stats seem mostly irrelevant to effectiveness and therefore unimportant. high int to level up fast is good advice, plus u can heal fast. imo put charisma and luck to 1, do the rest as you please. speech/barter all that matters in the charisma part really, and who needs luck?

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread