Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 50 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
BIoodmask

• Total Posts : 9499
  • Reward points : 0
Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 3:45 PM ( #1 )

Microsoft's apparent lack of exclusives this year and focus on publishing Kinect titles(not to mention the Wii's success) could possibly indicate a big change that is going to take over the video games industry. I realize that casual games have always been a large part of the market but it seems to be growing exponentially. One must not forget that casual gamers by far outnumber the hardcore gamers that frequent N4G. Taking that into consideration it is quite possible that new hardcore IPs will be passed up for production and instead in their place people will get games like Barbie Horse Racing. 

To further illustrate my point I present to you a gamer that has only beat 3 games this entire generation. Said gamer would pass up on competitive titles such as Halo: Reach in favor of Ping-Pong Move Edition. 

As further evidenced by this last screenshot - even the games that were completed by said person were only played on the easiest difficulty setting. 

I can only hope that people who love video games will show increased support for hardcore games and ideas, and not demonstrate the behaviors of the aforementioned individual.

<message edited by BIoodmask on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:07 PM>

KEVERS

• Total Posts : 18366
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 3:51 PM ( #2 )
I'm sickened by said gamers casualness.

Tempist

• Total Posts : 2101
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 3:58 PM ( #3 )
That TheMART fellow is a pretty poor gamer which I must say so myself.
Push it to pop it!
Rock it to lock it!
Break it to make it!

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 4:03 PM ( #4 )
I know people that don't even like video games and have finished more than 3 this entire generation.
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 4:08 PM ( #5 )
Someone inhere is still butthurt over the fact I unveiled he had no PS3, it was imaginary, and he really didn't bought Vanquish, imaginary also.

The one that also can't count games finished, nor sees all thats there.

And here we are, still waiting on Corruptmasks PSN ID...

For your knowledge, Uncharted got replayed on normal on my PS3 fatty while I kept it offline on 3.15 firmware not to loose Linux/OtherOS and jailbreaking. Then I got my PS3 Slim but the thropies won't update, so yeah.

Lets focus on what Corruptmask played the last 8 months:

Halo ODST 2 aka Reach and Castlevania, that has nothing to do with the franchise itself. Wow mate... Impressive! haha

Lets not forget Jugs, the guy that hypes all PS3 games but just buys one. One month of playing, just 300 kills aka 6 matches or about 1.5 hour of playing, lol

TheLastGuardian

• Total Posts : 3666
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 4:09 PM ( #6 )
Did you just make this thread to make fun of The MART?

I too bought a Sports Champions bundle and not Halo Reach. It's not as casual as you'd think. I can't even beat the gold cup for ping pong.

Emilio_Estevez

• Total Posts : 2126
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 4:12 PM ( #7 )
Damn casuals!

redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 4:38 PM ( #8 )
Bloodmask i want to see your gaming collection... you speak of Mart's gaming habits frequently but i think we should see how much of a hardcore gamer you are compared to theMart.

Also fuk casual gamers man

Polluted

• Total Posts : 18754
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 5:45 PM ( #9 )
Can't wait to hear what's wrong with the industry tomorrow.  I think we should all just give up gaming since it seems to cause us all so much grief.

Joule

• Total Posts : 2918
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 6:47 PM ( #10 )
wow mart why are you even on this site, gtfo. you buy games and dont play them? thats just dumb
JVIDICAN

• Total Posts : 5749
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 6:55 PM ( #11 )
Behold! The future of PC gaming!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBPYdgy35KA

Classy, Sassy, Seldomly Nasty, but always Assy. 
I blame toughNAME for FFXIII's 2010
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 6:55 PM ( #12 )
at least the mart has completed uncharted 2 *looks at bloodmask*

*exits room slowly*

darkpower

• Total Posts : 949
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 6:58 PM ( #13 )
Are you just jealous that he has a higher trophy level than you ever will?
TheDeadMetalhead

• Total Posts : 2909
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 7:02 PM ( #14 )
TheMART at Xboxkings

For your knowledge, Uncharted got replayed on normal on my PS3 fatty while I kept it offline on 3.15 firmware not to loose Linux/OtherOS and jailbreaking. Then I got my PS3 Slim but the thropies won't update, so yeah.

The point stands. Your first playthrough was on Easy, therefore you suck and are casual.
<message edited by TheDeadMetalhead on Monday, March 21, 2011 7:11 PM>
darkpower

• Total Posts : 949
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 7:09 PM ( #15 )
TheDeadMetalhead

TheMART at Xboxkings

The point stands. Your first playthrough was on Easy, therefore you suck.

And you're basing this on what BLOODMASK said!

That's your mistake right there! :D
RockmanII7

• Total Posts : 2584
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 7:11 PM ( #16 )
Going to the casuals thing, yes there is more of them but they don't spend nearly as much time or money as the more core gamers usually spend. My sister and her BF are casual gamers and they own 5 games (2 for Wii, 3 for PS3) while I have over 30 games for 360 alone.
TheDeadMetalhead

• Total Posts : 2909
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 7:12 PM ( #17 )
Of course, I always just assumed that BIoodmask and Mart were secretly friends/roomates/lovers in real life and just bitch at each other for our amusement, anyway.
PS3Freak

• Total Posts : 1831
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 7:28 PM ( #18 )
Anyone who plays a game on easy mode is a disgrace.
Pain

• Total Posts : 3692
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 8:23 PM ( #19 )
PS3Freak

hey man.. i needed the trophies... >.>

PS3Freak

• Total Posts : 1831
Re:Casual Gamers Ruining the Games Industry - Monday, March 21, 2011 8:33 PM ( #20 )
Pain

PS3Freak

hey man.. i needed the trophies... >.>

Lol, just play it on normal. The trophies are normally stacked, so if you beat normal, you get easy.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 50 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread