Flip's Official MMA Thread (UFC 167)

Change Page: 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 1 of 37, messages 1 to 40 of 1459 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
flip-it3
  • Total Posts : 6628
  • Reward points : 0
Flip's Official MMA Thread (UFC 167) - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:49 PM

<message edited by flip-it3 on Saturday, November 16, 2013 6:01 PM>

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:52 PM

This was just today at 1pm in Toronto and later on today me and a friend are going to the autograph signing for Jones and Machida. Should be fun, very excited to meet them. 

Also my picks for UFC 137:
GSP via decision lol 
Penn via submission 
Mitrione (Meat Head) via ko
Nelson via ground and pound tko
and the rest I don't have opinion just yet. 

ShAkKa
  • Total Posts : 5897
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:02 PM
What Happened to Rashad?

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:06 PM
ShAkKa

What Happened to Rashad?

Hand injury after punching Tito in the face and couldn't make the date so Machida was next up. 

acemonkey
  • Total Posts : 3025
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:16 PM
ShAkKa

What Happened to Rashad?

Rashad "hand"  plus he thought Jones wasnt going to take the fight since it was so soon after his fight with Rampage(which im upset with rampage think he should have let his hands go)

as far as he upcoming card 

GSP Via UD
Penn Via TKO second round
Matt Via late Ko in the 2 or UD
Roy via tKO in the first (seen him live a couple time so i had to go with him and plus Cro is dead and gone i dont wanna see anybody in here saying some LHK)

Theo1130
  • Total Posts : 1868
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:24 PM
UFC SUCKS

ShAkKa
  • Total Posts : 5897
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:24 PM
^Sucks, I wanted to see a fight between those two.

Anyways my picks for UFC 137 are:

St-Pierre vs Condit
Penn vs Diaz
Kongo vs Mitrione
Cro Cop vs Nelson

acemonkey
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:28 PM
Theo1130

UFC SUCKS

hey BSL didnt know u have a N4G account....were not watching b.c the ufc name were watching b.c most of us love MMA or fights period....and stop trying to be anti zuffa....when ur going to watch the fights either way PPV or.......ur going to watch 
<message edited by acemonkey on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:33 PM>

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:07 PM
I just got back and Mark Hominik and Rory Macdonald was there also so that was a plus but ****ing Jones left ealier than stated so I didnt get his autograph... but I got a close pic of him entering the place. Also while waiting in line they were giving out UFC dvds =D

just disappointed to not meet Jones. 

acemonkey
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:53 PM
flip-it3

I just got back and Mark Hominik and Rory Macdonald was there also so that was a plus but ****ing Jones left ealier than stated so I didnt get his autograph... but I got a close pic of him entering the place. Also while waiting in line they were giving out UFC dvds =D

just disappointed to not meet Jones. 

cool **** are u a fight club member to get in or what? ive been to like 4 ufc fights

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:58 PM
acemonkey

cool **** are u a fight club member to get in or what? ive been to like 4 ufc fights

Nah but if I knew they were coming back to Toronto so quickly I would have bought it since I went to ufc 129. Im gonna buy my tickets either tmrw or saturday for ufc 140 depending if I can get access to the newsletter tickets. 

acemonkey which ufc events did u go to? 
<message edited by flip-it3 on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:22 PM>

TheRot
  • Total Posts : 3443
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:09 AM
awesome fights in tuf

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:08 AM
GuiltyBystander

awesome fights in tuf

yea just watched it, destruction of 2 fighters. 

One of the better seasons so far, everyone has been impressive. 

acemonkey
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:21 PM
flip-it3

GuiltyBystander

awesome fights in tuf

yea just watched it, destruction of 2 fighters. 

One of the better seasons so far, everyone has been impressive. 

the last fight was better then the first....but idk about the season being the best...i think most of the fighters are going for safe wins or wild crazy KO to get the extra 50k at the end of the show...which when they do that wild crazy stuff they get taken down and lose....but im glad to see bisping not being a dick...like he was USA vs UK...Miller is being annoying as **** tho to me

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:44 PM
acemonkey

the last fight was better then the first....but idk about the season being the best...i think most of the fighters are going for safe wins or wild crazy KO to get the extra 50k at the end of the show...which when they do that wild crazy stuff they get taken down and lose....but im glad to see bisping not being a dick...like he was USA vs UK...Miller is being annoying as **** tho to me

Im not saying it's the best, just better than most. I barely watched last season cause it put me to sleep with the fights. 

As for Bisping... yea I still don't like him. He has this arrogance that annoys me because he thinks he's ready for silva when they aren't even in the same league. Silva vs Bisping should never even be considered... he has no chance in hell. And after what he did in the Rivera fight he can suck a big one, blatant illegal knee to the face then spitting on the coach... I hope Miller KOs Bisping first round.  

acemonkey
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:41 PM
flip-it3

acemonkey

Im not saying it's the best, just better than most. I barely watched last season cause it put me to sleep with the fights. 

As for Bisping... yea I still don't like him. He has this arrogance that annoys me because he thinks he's ready for silva when they aren't even in the same league. Silva vs Bisping should never even be considered... he has no chance in hell. And after what he did in the Rivera fight he can suck a big one, blatant illegal knee to the face then spitting on the coach... I hope Miller KOs Bisping first round.  

lol im a fan of bisping one of the UK fights i like.....yes i do believe his not ready for Silva really i dont believe many people in the MW is ready. Chael is just running his mouth....but i dont see Miller KO him in the first maybe TKO....but miller fought one of my good friends(that i know in real life lol) Tim Stout but Tim wasnt ready for Miller but still lol...i thought miller was never going to be let in the ufc again after losing to GSP way back when....didnt dana said that? But as far as best season i think was Sera vs Hughes or the Comback.....But i think TUF fights are kinda annoying and weak most of the time anyways i have no idea no fights really blow me away

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:27 PM
acemonkey

lol im a fan of bisping one of the UK fights i like.....yes i do believe his not ready for Silva really i dont believe many people in the MW is ready. Chael is just running his mouth....but i dont see Miller KO him in the first maybe TKO....but miller fought one of my good friends(that i know in real life lol) Tim Stout but Tim wasnt ready for Miller but still lol...i thought miller was never going to be let in the ufc again after losing to GSP way back when....didnt dana said that? But as far as best season i think was Sera vs Hughes or the Comback.....But i think TUF fights are kinda annoying and weak most of the time anyways i have no idea no fights really blow me away

Really? The Edgar/Maynard 2 and 3? Aldo/Hominick? Cain/Lesnar? Griffin/Bonner? to name a few. 
lol i was screaming for Aldo's head in the 5th round, lost my voice lol. 

Chael runs his mouth but it's entertaining as hell and he did to Silva what no one else came close to do, I think it will be a very good rematch. 

And as for Miller, I'm not really a fan of his and barely remember his fights but I become a fan when he fights Bisping... lol I just don't like him.  

acemonkey
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:36 PM
flip-it3

acemonkey

Really? The Edgar/Maynard 2 and 3? Aldo/Hominick? Cain/Lesnar? Griffin/Bonner? to name a few. 
lol i was screaming for Aldo's head in the 5th round, lost my voice lol. 

Chael runs his mouth but it's entertaining as hell and he did to Silva what no one else came close to do, I think it will be a very good rematch. 

And as for Miller, I'm not really a fan of his and barely remember his fights but I become a fan when he fights Bisping... lol I just don't like him.  

no not any fights lol fights from TUF lol..... i love fights bro i may bitch and say their boring but deep down i love them...lol but i was talking about fights from TUF they just have fighters that try to win the contract and play it safe...which is what i would do...but still lol favo fight of i been to live was 107 when Penn destroyed deigo...also fight i hate deigo and plus i am a huge Penn fan so seeing him dance at the start of the 5th send chills and hearing everybody screaming i will never forget that....anybody thats to go see a fight no matter if the seats sucks or u can see them free on tv or whatever Go!!!!! i mean going has it pro and cons but still go lol its a feeling u will never forget and when ur favo MMA fighter is fighting u will be cheering like a lil girl lol 

TheRot
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:28 PM
mayhem makes a pretty good coach

Breakfast
  • Total Posts : 3969
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:42 PM
Dope pics! Saw the presser online yesterday, it looked pretty nuts. Hopefully they bring some title fights to Vancouver soon, im gettn a bit jealous here.

UFC 137 is gonna be epic! I have GSP and ? winning. Its too bad Sam Stout pulled out of the fight.

Legend:

? = impossible to pick a winner in the Penn vs Diaz fight. It aint ending with a Penn sub though lol.

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:50 PM

mayhem makes a pretty good coach

Yea I think he has a better mentality for being a coach, he picked guys he could train better not the best guys. Bisping is a douche, do it his way or your fail. 

Breakfast

Dope pics! Saw the presser online yesterday, it looked pretty nuts. Hopefully they bring some title fights to Vancouver soon, im gettn a bit jealous here.
UFC 137 is gonna be epic! I have GSP and ? winning. Its too bad Sam Stout pulled out of the fight.
Legend:
? = impossible to pick a winner in the Penn vs Diaz fight. It aint ending with a Penn sub though lol.

Here is why I think it's gonna be a sub, I think striking is fairly even but Diaz has a brick for a chin so I don't see a KO. So BJ is gonna rough him up then enough to take him down and sub him in the later rounds if not that then decision. 

I don't put Diaz in as high regard as everyone else does cause of the people he has beat, sure he is a fun fighter to watch but I think someone technical like BJ will shut him down. 

And that's right you better be JELLY! lol only good fights in Toronto, we'll send you the scraps. 

Breakfast
  • Total Posts : 3969
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:13 PM
Diaz is a beast on the ground though. Im expecting rock'em sock'em robots tbh. Both basically have the same strengths....great fight though, much better than the GSP vs Diaz fight.

Damn straight im jealous...non of this Yvel vs Rothwell, Herman vs Einamo bs on the main card please!

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Friday, October 14, 2011 1:38 PM
Breakfast

Damn straight im jealous...non of this Yvel vs Rothwell, Herman vs Einamo bs on the main card please!

lol looks like you'll have to wait a couple more years...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/14/report-vancouver-likely-not-on-ufcs-calendar-in-2012/

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:56 PM
Just saw someone's pic who went to the same signing as me... i lold

acemonkey
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Sunday, October 16, 2011 3:33 PM
flip-it3

Just saw someone's pic who went to the same signing as me... i lold

Classic

TheRot
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:08 PM

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:05 PM
GSP is out of the fight due to injury but the card is still stack regardless... 

TheRot
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:09 PM
aw f@#k i hope this is a dream

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:19 PM
Jim Rome's full interview with Chael Sonnen, lol it's a classic. (audio only)

Odion
  • Total Posts : 18180
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:45 PM
flip-it3

GSP is out of the fight due to injury but the card is still stack regardless... 

Eh it just went from a really sick card to being just a good card

Megaton
  • Total Posts : 3812
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:30 PM
Well I think GSP would have just bored Condit into submission anyway. Penn/Diaz looked like the more exciting fight, and it's too bad they're not going 5 rounds. Still, it's a blow to the card overall. Hmm, I didn't know Jorgensen was on the card. Pretty cool.

Megaton
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:02 PM
Diaz didn't show up for a pre-fight conference call with the media. Dude is really blowing it. How hard is it to just say "yes/no/I'm gonna win/I'm in great shape" for an hour? To throw away a title shot over some minor PR, and then continue to do it after being demoted to a non-title fight on the same card. Mind-boggling. It's like he's scared of success, trying to sabotage himself.
<message edited by Megaton on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:08 PM>

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:05 PM
Megaton

Diaz didn't show up for a pre-fight conference call with the media. 

He came late: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/19/better-late-than-never-nick-diaz-makes-ufc-137-call-a-memorable/

Diaz, on the other hand, sounded wholly disinterested one minute and then passionately engaged another. For instance, after initially "plead[ing] the fifth" to a question about whether he had any regrets about his earlier actions, just a few minutes later he offered a different answer to an almost identical question.

"Well yeah, of course I have regret," he said, explaining that he had a lawyer who he believed was making in excess of $100,000 who was somehow to blame for him missing the initial press conferences.

"I've got all these people, business people and big money people around me trying to make deals," Diaz said. "I don't know anything about that. All I know is somebody's getting paid like over a hundred grand just to tell me what I'm supposed to do and what I'm not supposed to do. I'm like, for that much money I think I could have had somebody standing around and telling me, 'Hey, you can't miss this press conference. That voids the whole contract and then you're out. You're not making [expletive]. You're not fighting [expletive]. You ain't making no money. So you have to be at this thing.' It's simple."

Diaz seemed to suggest that the lack of a support system had cost him that time, saying "If I didn't feel like I had that, I would have probably read that [expletive] myself and dealt with things myself and been a little more cautious and then I probably would have showed up at that press conference."

As for this conference call, well, at least he made it eventually. While Penn said it wasn't a significant chunk out of his day since "I was just going to take a 30-minute jog today anyway," Diaz obviously had a different take.

"You've got to know I'm not sitting here with my phone, waiting for a call," he said. "I'm waiting for some training. I'm trying to get some relax time before I have to go back for another four hours of training. I'm training hard. I train harder than these guys, I fight harder than these guys, I look better than these guys, and that's why. I don't get no help and I don't worry about no help. That's what takes up all my time, training and trying to become the best in the world here. And that's the best in the world! That's what you're dealing with here. This is a whole world out there and ain't nobody can beat me? That's pretty bad."

Maybe it just goes to show that whether Diaz shows up to talk to the media or avoids it altogether, there's a story in it either way.

Megaton
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:09 PM
Ah ok. I caught it earlier when the conference first started. Didn't see a follow-up that he just arrived late.

TheRot
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:13 AM
another good fight too bad the moron referee didn't stop the fight when the other guy tapped.

Megaton
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:16 AM
That guy clearly tapped. Shame on Herb for not stopping it.

TheRot
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:44 PM
yeah man i was so pissed

flip-it3
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:55 PM
WOW just watched it and that was BS. These guys act like retards... sure it's fighting but it's PROFESSIONAL fighting like any other job you have to conduct yourself properly... and not try to fight before the actual fight like punks. 

I can't stand bisping... he's such a ****ing prick. 

Megaton
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:28 PM
Whenever I start getting annoyed by Bisping's attitude, I remember that this happened...

acemonkey
Re:Flip's Official UFC Thread (UFC 137) - Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:09 PM
flip-it3

WOW just watched it and that was BS. These guys act like retards... sure it's fighting but it's PROFESSIONAL fighting like any other job you have to conduct yourself properly... and not try to fight before the actual fight like punks. 

I can't stand bisping... he's such a ****ing prick. 

what happen didnt watch TUF?

Change Page: 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 1 of 37, messages 1 to 40 of 1459 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version