What's the N4G community reading?

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 52 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
  • Reward points : 0
What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:28 AM ( #1 )
Curious to see what everyone else is reading, whether it's for school, fun, etc.  Feel free to rank the current book(s) you've recently finished reading or currently reading, if you want. 

*Not counting ENG 2130 Book & Crimial Justice book*

Just finished:

2/10  Noooot exactly a good first purchase on my Kindle Fire, but the short chapters were good for quickly reading between finding groups on TOR.  I certainly don't like to smudge a writer's hard work, but so many things felt off to me.  A plethora of pages dedicated solely to action, bit of a lame plot, didn't really care for any of the main characters, and more made me want to jump to Deceived (which is already much better) before finishing.  Go to wookiepedia for all the details on this book before making the purchase. 

(Unabridged)

Although I was only about 100+ pages in (out of 1400) before I decided to toss this on aside for school.  I was surprised to see how many interesting moments there are before a cutlass has even been drawn.  It seems unfair to rate it with only reading so little of it, but this really feels like 10/10 material.
<message edited by coolbeans on Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:46 AM>
TheDareDevil

• Total Posts : 1889
Re:What's everyone reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:38 AM ( #2 )
Already a thread for this - N4G Book Club
UnagiMaster

• Total Posts : 1495
Re:What's everyone reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:40 AM ( #3 )

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11965
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:52 AM ( #4 )
The Star Wars book line is a sketchy one, the best I've read has to be Young Jedi Knights.

The story continuing through the Solo children and their training on Yavin is my Star Wars 7 8 and 9. If Star Wars Battlefront III is made, this needs to be the foundation of the set piece, great series. 

<message edited by Eiffel on Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:59 AM>

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:53 AM ( #5 )

My girl gave me this to read. Pretty good, it's a comic though. About 150 pages long I think.

UnSelf

• Total Posts : 2569
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:18 PM ( #6 )

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:27 PM ( #7 )
Eiffel

The Star Wars book line is a sketchy one, the best I've read has to be Young Jedi Knights.

The story continuing through the Solo children and their training on Yavin is my Star Wars 7 8 and 9. If Star Wars Battlefront III is made, this needs to be the foundation of the set piece, great series. 

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone knows that Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire Trilogy with Grand Admiral Thrawn is Star Wars VII, VIII and IX.
(besides, you didn't even have the decency to use roman numerals)
Eiffel

Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:29 PM ( #8 )
Nocturnus31

Eiffel

Everyone knows that Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire Trilogy with Grand Admiral Thrawn is Star Wars VII, VIII and IX.

**** numerals. 

And **** your Timothy Zahn. 

TheColbertinator

• Total Posts : 7301
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:34 PM ( #9 )
First off reading some manga including my personal favorite Claymore

Story of a half-yoma(demon) and half-human female warrior who wages a war against her former comrades and a yoma army.Its a great manga,art is good,story is well developed but each new volume takes around 6 months to finish.

Next up is The Color Purple

The Color Purple is a book about a black family who struggles with the economic difficulties of 1930s America coupled with the Jim Crowe laws and day to day discrimination of living in the South.Great book but it can get difficult to read sometimes.

Started this one yesterday.More Dan brown dribble.Plagiarism.Overarching plot.Its ok

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:36 PM ( #10 )
Eiffel

Nocturnus31

Eiffel

**** numerals. 

And **** your Timothy Zahn. 

WELL THEN **** YOU!
Nineball2112

• Total Posts : 800
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:41 PM ( #11 )

coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:What's everyone reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:58 PM ( #12 )
TheDareDevil

Already a thread for this - N4G Book Club

Can't believe I forgot about that.  I didn't see it as a "similar thread" when I previewing this one though. 
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10857
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 1:31 PM ( #13 )
A bunch of different philosophy books.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
Megaton

• Total Posts : 3812
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 1:31 PM ( #14 )
PeeWizzle

• Total Posts : 2870
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 1:46 PM ( #15 )
Lately I've been in a reading slump. I was reading Altered Carbon at a good pace then just kind of stopped once Skyrim came out. I was actually really enjoying the book but I probably won't finish it since I haven't read it in a while. Last book I finished was The Sirens of Titan (loved it). 
My soul is still dancing.  
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:What's everyone reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 1:49 PM ( #16 )
Eiffel

Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:04 PM ( #17 )
Megaton

I heard the recent one "Deception"  was a P.O.S. 

KEVERS

• Total Posts : 18366
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:05 PM ( #18 )
**** books.

Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:What's everyone reading? - Thursday, February 02, 2012 4:02 PM ( #19 )
B Man

http://forums.n4g.com/tm.aspx?m=173055&high=n4g+book+club

Bam!

Where da mods be at?!?!?!?

Megaton

• Total Posts : 3812
Re:What's the N4G community reading? - Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:58 PM ( #20 )
Eiffel

Megaton

I heard the recent one "Deception"  was a P.O.S. 

It is.  I haven't read it, but I've read snippets of it, along with the Google doc full of errors and retcon.  It's garbage.  I enjoyed the first 3, but I won't be touching Deception until they release the planned 2nd edition.  Even then, I wanna know what exactly they changed before I throw any money at it.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 52 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread