Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer !

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2046
  • Reward points : 0
Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:21 AM ( #1 )

“We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and team,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder of BioWare and General Manager of EA’s BioWare Label. “Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team’s artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe.”

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120405005304/en/BioWare-Announces-Mass-Effect-3-Extended-Cut

thoughts !
<message edited by moegooner88 on Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:26 AM>
Columbo

• Total Posts : 5197
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:39 AM ( #2 )
At least the DLC is free.  That makes up for the launch day DLC for $10.  Now I'll pick up both DLC's and just call it a wash.
dedicatedtogamers

• Total Posts : 56
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:24 AM ( #3 )
The sad reality is that - most likely - this "Extended" ending has already been made when the game went gold. We already found that out about the day-one DLC. EA and Bioware were probably hoping that fans came to the ending, got excited, and would clamor for more, more, MORE! And then they'd sell it as DLC, but instead, fans got upset and EA said "screw it. We can't sell this as DLC anymore. The situation is already bad as it is. We might as well include it in the game for free".
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:14 AM ( #4 )
dedicatedtogamers

The sad reality is that - most likely - this "Extended" ending has already been made when the game went gold. We already found that out about the day-one DLC. EA and Bioware were probably hoping that fans came to the ending, got excited, and would clamor for more, more, MORE! And then they'd sell it as DLC, but instead, fans got upset and EA said "screw it. We can't sell this as DLC anymore. The situation is already bad as it is. We might as well include it in the game for free".

Elaborate on what you think "we" found out.

I recall downloading around 600MBs worth of data for the "From Ashes" DLC.  The only thing I recall about the controversy was files about Javek being found on the discs.  Since my 2nd sentence clearly abolishes the notion that it's disk-locked content, what are you getting at?  
Kon

• Total Posts : 11113
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:25 AM ( #5 )
I'm extremely happy for that.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
John Kratos

• Total Posts : 429
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:27 AM ( #6 )
I figured they were going to do this, and I'm happy, that ending was so broken, hopefully this elaboration will help fix it. I'm surprised it's free, I figured Bioware would of charged for it. Finally people will shut up about it, on both sides, I think they will at least. You never know.
KEVERS

• Total Posts : 18366
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:29 AM ( #7 )
Sounds like Mass Effect fans are the worst.

Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2115
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:42 AM ( #8 )
coolbeans

dedicatedtogamers

Elaborate on what you think "we" found out.

I recall downloading around 600MBs worth of data for the "From Ashes" DLC.  The only thing I recall about the controversy was files about Javek being found on the discs.  Since my 2nd sentence clearly abolishes the notion that it's disk-locked content, what are you getting at?  

I think he's pointing at the fact that Casey Hudson said all of the day-one DLC was produced after the game was finished, despite the announcement and completion of the DLC being 15 days after ME3 went Gold.

As for this, well I must say I am surprised by them releasing this for free. I wonder how they'll go about things, I mean for everyone who has finished the game already you have to replay the last 2-3 hours again to get to the ending. Will it just continue after the ending or can you play it before the ending actually happens? That wouldn't make sense so I presume it's the first, I'm sure not going to complain about playing an extra 2 hours each time when I don't have to pay for it.

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:59 AM ( #9 )
Meh. The ending was just fine. Some gamers are just huge tools.
Kon

Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:02 AM ( #10 )
The ending wasn't fine.
Stop Cyberbullying!

Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2115
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:04 AM ( #11 )
You know people will still complain though. "It felt too forced", "What we had was better without this", "This still isn't enough", etc.

I mean I agree with some of the complaints and hopefully, since this won't actually "change" but add onto the ending, this won't nullify what we already got, whether it was good or bad. All I ever really wanted was more closure anyway and for my decisions to matter.

Kon

Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:07 AM ( #12 )
I'm already very happy with them changing the ending, for free.
Stop Cyberbullying!

moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2046
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:13 AM ( #13 )
Nocturnus32

Meh. The ending was just fine. Some gamers are just huge tools.

I thought it was fine as well, but come on there are others who spent hundreds of hours to get the perfect ending, it is not really fair to them to have every decision they made since ME1 tossed aside... i really thought the indoctrination theory fitted nicely thu
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:18 AM ( #14 )
Kon

The ending wasn't fine.

Kon it's just a video game man. Bioware expressed their artistic vision of how they wanted ME3 to end and gamers cried foul. Live and let live, move on to the next thing. ME was an awesome series and I enjoyed every minute of each game, even the ending of ME3.

But now I am moving on to another game.... Devil May Cry HD, a collection of games I have already played several years ago. 

GoldenAge

• Total Posts : 732
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:21 AM ( #15 )
My problem is that for an end to Shepard's trilogy they certainly left more questions than answers ruining what an end to a trilogy should be like.
Gen. George Patton FTW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ
 If I am posting this, I have got to be bored!
Letros

• Total Posts : 1264
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:21 AM ( #16 )
ME3 ending was actually pretty good, I don't know what people were expecting.

GoldenAge

Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:23 AM ( #17 )
Nocturnus32

Kon

The ending wasn't fine.

Kon it's just a video game man. Bioware expressed their artistic vision of how they wanted ME3 to end and gamers cried foul. Live and let live, move on to the next thing. ME was an awesome series and I enjoyed every minute of each game, even the ending of ME3.

But now I am moving on to another game.... Devil May Cry HD, a collection of games I have already played several years ago. 

Well it's his opinion, he could have very well moved on and not care as much but to him this news fixed one thing that he disliked about the game. It's no different then you complaining about no reliable info on the next gen, you're probably willing to be patient about it should I assume that just because you made one complaint about it that you desperately want the next gen to come already.

GoldenAge

Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:26 AM ( #18 )
Letros

Clarity on Shepard's legacy, it's supposedly the end to his/her story but the "best" ending leaves it pretty vague.

Plus false advertising. See the quotes.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9735242/1
Letros

• Total Posts : 1264
Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:30 AM ( #19 )
GoldenAge

Letros

Clarity on Shepard's legacy, it's supposedly the end to his/her story but the "best" ending leaves it pretty vague.

SPOILER ALERT!

I guess I always viewed it as Organic Life vs Reapers, Shepard was just a tool to bring the end to them, this was his only purpose, I saw the best ending on Youtube, I guess it's there to give people hope that he made it out alive, I actually preferred the one where everyone dies, it sets the stage to a new age of organic life, analogous to present day.

GoldenAge

Re:Bioware is fixing Mass Effect 3 Ending.... this summer ! - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:33 AM ( #20 )
Letros

GoldenAge

Letros

SPOILER ALERT!

I guess I always viewed it as Organic Life vs Reapers, Shepard was just a tool to bring the end to them, this was his only purpose, I saw the best ending on Youtube, I guess it's there to give people hope that he made it out alive, I actually preferred the one where everyone dies, it sets the stage to a new age of organic life, analogous to present day.

To be honest that scene with Anderson at the end in my opinion was the best "ending" if you will, we fail but at least it ended beautifully. Plus that "best" ending like I said raised more questions than answers. They kept stressing how it's the end of Shepard's trilogy I want closure on Shepard at least not some is he going to make it or whatnot.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread