Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller?

Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 117 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
  • Reward points : 0
Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:46 PM ( #1 )

Should 'Sony' Redesign It's 'DualShock Controller' with Playstation 4?  

Wanted to read the Fellow N4Ger's opinion on this.
------------------------------

My Thoughts: 

Even though I've spent 15+ years Gaming with the 'DualShock Controller' i think it's time they changed it. 

<message edited by -Mezzo- on Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:16 PM>

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14748
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:49 PM ( #2 )
yes. All new controllers should incorporate the middle finger in each hand, move R2 and L2 (RB and LB) to underneath the controller where the middle finger in its natural position underneath the controller will have access to these buttons. I have been using R2 and L2 with my middle fingers since PS2, but witht he stupid "trigger" like buttons on the DS3, it doesnt work as well.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
Elvis

• Total Posts : 1031
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:51 PM ( #3 )
Yep, definitely.

I also think they should make it like the 360 controller but keep the same D-PAD of the dualshock.
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11830
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:59 PM ( #4 )
Duelshock doesn't bother me honestly. I think Sony should have at least sold the boomerang as a secondary choice. 

Pandamobile

• Total Posts : 1709
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:59 PM ( #5 )
DerekBigBalls

Yep, definitely.

I also think they should make it like the 360 controller but keep the same D-PAD of the dualshock.

Wouldn't mind if they made it a bit bigger. I've got pretty big hands and I like they way the Xbox 360 controller conforms to my hand more than my PS3 controller. 
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:01 PM ( #6 )
Am I the only one that doesn't care about 360 or Ps3 controllers? 

goflyakite

• Total Posts : 1440
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:02 PM ( #7 )
SmokeyMcBear

yes. All new controllers should incorporate the middle finger in each hand, move R2 and L2 (RB and LB) to underneath the controller where the middle finger in its natural position underneath the controller will have access to these buttons. I have been using R2 and L2 with my middle fingers since PS2, but witht he stupid "trigger" like buttons on the DS3, it doesnt work as well.

That's a good idea, I always just rest my middle finger underneath R2/L2 until I need to use them. It'd be nice if they made the controller rounder/smoother like the 360 controller.
<message edited by goflyakite on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:11 PM>

-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:03 PM ( #8 )
SmokeyMcBear

+1

-----------------------

I still want a release of the 'Boomerang DualShock', i remember how everyone hated it & i secretly liked it, but was afraid to admit it. lol

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11830
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:05 PM ( #9 )
-Mezzo-

I still want a release of the 'Boomerang DualShock', i remember how everyone hated it & i secretly liked it, but was afraid to admit it. lol

I found the extended legs made it a better grip controller. 

DarkSniper

• Total Posts : 4006
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:32 PM ( #10 )
Sony should keep the Dual Shock exactly the way it is, except they should add a screen in the middle to keep up with Next-gen standards.

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6958
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:37 PM ( #11 )
No.
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14748
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:39 PM ( #12 )
sorry mydnightrayne or however you spell it... didnt mean to have a stupid sounding alternative.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:41 PM ( #13 )
Slightly bigger, change triggers, slightly longer grip and have the PS1 d-pad.

That's all it really needs.

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6958
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:43 PM ( #14 )
Pandamobile

DerekBigBalls

Yep, definitely.

Wouldn't mind if they made it a bit bigger. I've got pretty big hands and I like they way the Xbox 360 controller conforms to my hand more than my PS3 controller. 

I love the Dualshock controller, but i think it would be cool if they also sold a larger version for people like you with big hands at the same price.
Tuxedo_Mask

• Total Posts : 1148
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:51 PM ( #15 )
I just think they should change the R2 and L2 buttons back to how they were on the dualshock 2.
SKUD

• Total Posts : 2751
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:58 PM ( #16 )
I would say yes.  Spacing need to be more wider between the analog sticks. Feels like my thumbs are gonna run into each other during the FPS. More resistance would be nice during rotations. Guess I'm just use to using the G13 pad and mouse. I wish there was a proper converter I could use and hook up to my PS3 so I can play KZ2 online with it. 

With the current controller my hands just feel squished together and cluttered. For the FPS games of course. I still play GT5 with the D-pad. Wouldn't change that at all. 
TheDareDevil

• Total Posts : 1889
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:07 AM ( #17 )
I haven't played much with a PS3 controller but if it's similar to the PS1, then the R2 and L2 buttons need to go and be replaced by triggers
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:59 AM ( #18 )
SmokeyMcBear

I lack good dexterity as to manage a controller with 6 fingers. I have always used the 4 shoulder buttons with the index fingers alone.   
wishingW3L

Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:01 AM ( #19 )
TheDareDevil

I haven't played much with a PS3 controller but if it's similar to the PS1, then the R2 and L2 buttons need to go and be replaced by triggers

lol

They were replaced by triggers and now the controller is worse. 
wishingW3L

Re:Should 'Sony' Redesign It's Controller? - Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:11 AM ( #20 )

r will have access to these buttons. I have been using R2 and L2 with my middle fingers since PS2, but witht he stupid
ZombieNinjaPanda

Am I the only one that doesn't care about 360 or Ps3 controllers? 

I would have agreed a couple years ago before I started getting cramps while using the DS3. Sony really needs to make the DS more rounded/ergonomic like the Logitech PC pads. Most of their pads are based on the Dualshock's design except that they are a bit more rounded and that makes them be so comfortable you wouldn't believe it.
Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 117 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread