Rumour has it ($600 PS4)

wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
  • Reward points : 0
Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 9:15 AM ( #1 )
I know this doesn't work like this but the direct conversion of the rumored price of the PS4 from PSM3 is that it costs 500EUR = 600 US dollars.

I think if the specs are good (and they aren't looking that hot right now if it only has an Apu) then the price is fine. But if it's another PS3 with crap specs then they can go to hell.  PS3 launched at $600 just because of the blu-ray and all the money they wasted on R&D for the Cell and I think it's time Sony makes a real powerful console that is equivalent to its price.

I just wanna know what the 3 people that will come to this thread will say....
Nutsack

• Total Posts : 248
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 9:17 AM ( #2 )
wishingW3L

I know this doesn't work like this but the direct conversion of the rumored price of the PS4 from PSM3 is that it costs 500EUR = 600 US dollars.

I think if the specs are good (and they aren't looking that hot right now if it only has an Apu) then the price is fine. But if it's another PS3 with crap specs then they can go to hell.  PS3 launched at $600 just because of the blu-ray and all the money they wasted on R&D for the Cell and I think it's time Sony makes a real powerful console that is equivalent to its price.

I just wanna know what the 3 people that will come to this thread will say....

You are wrong on this.

They always convert price in USD 1:1 to Euro.

So this would mean 500 USD.

But I doubt Sony will launch anything above 400 USD. As the 360 launched on that last gen and Sony dropped to 400 USD within no time too.
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 9:24 AM ( #3 )
If it's another 600 dollar console, they might as well give up. The 600 dollar price point contributed heavily to what killed the Ps3 at first. 

Elvis

• Total Posts : 1031
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 9:25 AM ( #4 )
I'm with Nutsack, I don't think Sony will price the PS4 anything above 400$. I'm hoping for a 350$ price but it probably won't cost 350$ at least in the first few months.
<message edited by Elvis on Friday, November 16, 2012 9:27 AM>
theunleashed64

• Total Posts : 282
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 9:33 AM ( #5 )
really? you guys are that dumb to believe the magazine that stated left 4 dead would come to the ps3?. not to mention the timesplitters 4 rumor that never came to pass?. seriously you should take anything those guys say with a huge grain of salt because half of the rumors they put out don't end being true at all.
and they say the gods of hell can't fall...yeah right
thinking

• Total Posts : 374
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 9:50 AM ( #6 )
theunleashed64

really? you guys are that dumb to believe the magazine that stated left 4 dead would come to the ps3?. not to mention the timesplitters 4 rumor that never came to pass?. seriously you should take anything those guys say with a huge grain of salt because half of the rumors they put out don't end being true at all.

Who cares if it's true or not or if it's  coming from an unreliable source?
It's a good conversational topic and that's all that matters.

ZoyosJD

• Total Posts : 457
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 9:52 AM ( #7 )
I could build a 4k (45-60FPS) rig for $730 right now using several aspects of the rumored hardware. I'm expecting that it would probably cost $500 by mid to late 2014.
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15453
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 10:02 AM ( #8 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

If it's another 600 dollar console, they might as well give up. The 600 dollar price point contributed heavily to what killed the Ps3 at first. 

Have too agree it had a steep price... but I liked that it was push better tech as well... BD, Removable HDD no propriety HDD, WiFI and so on...

at launch the 360 was 400 but no wifi and they charged an insane price for their wifi adapter ... 99 bucks... it was lame...

if they can give me everything I need at 600 instead of piecing it at a high cost.... I would rather that... 

I hope MS sees those things... using a standard HDD, wifi enabled, Blu-ray, are a big deal I think for me it is....

Also I loved that Xbox it had a mic packed in.... a small plug in head set wired... was in every system what not... or close to every sku...

I liked that I thought that was a big deal... I wish... Sony instead of the card reader ( Which I love) they put in every system a mic...

talking and communication is  a must I think in console gaming... 

[ali
theunleashed64

• Total Posts : 282
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 10:07 AM ( #9 )
thinking

theunleashed64

Who cares if it's true or not or if it's  coming from an unreliable source?
It's a good conversational topic and that's all that matters.

so you think it's good to have people argue or debate over unproven rumors?. not it doesn't matter it's pointless because people will begin to panic and take it as truth prime example being neogaf and i'm assuming n4g is soon to follow aswell.
and they say the gods of hell can't fall...yeah right
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 10:50 AM ( #10 )
FAT MAN GO BOOM

ZombieNinjaPanda

Have too agree it had a steep price... but I liked that it was push better tech as well... BD, Removable HDD no propriety HDD, WiFI and so on...

at launch the 360 was 400 but no wifi and they charged an insane price for their wifi adapter ... 99 bucks... it was lame...

if they can give me everything I need at 600 instead of piecing it at a high cost.... I would rather that... 

I hope MS sees those things... using a standard HDD, wifi enabled, Blu-ray, are a big deal I think for me it is....

Also I loved that Xbox it had a mic packed in.... a small plug in head set wired... was in every system what not... or close to every sku...

I liked that I thought that was a big deal... I wish... Sony instead of the card reader ( Which I love) they put in every system a mic...

talking and communication is  a must I think in console gaming... 

It also cost that much at the time because Bluray was still taking off. Though I have to admit the BC capable hardware was awesome, but 600 dollars for a console is just outrageous. I look back now and regret ever paying that much.

Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Friday, November 16, 2012 12:32 PM ( #11 )
ZoyosJD

I could build a 4k (45-60FPS) rig for $730 right now using several aspects of the rumored hardware. I'm expecting that it would probably cost $500 by mid to late 2014.

Try and build that in a console form factor and wattage. 

Cryss

• Total Posts : 11
Re:Rumour has it ($600 PS4) - Saturday, December 08, 2012 5:16 PM ( #12 )
I thought when the PS3 came out, twas so power people were rooting it for use as a hacking machine? (could be misinformed)

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread