COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Nutsack

• Total Posts : 248
  • Reward points : 0
COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:39 PM ( #1 )
http://www.gamezone.com/p...ops-2-players-on-wii-u

Even with a new console out, that is sold out at launch. Selling what, 500k, 800k maybe. COD a game that is favorite with a lot of gamers. How could the online number of players be so low?

So far for MP and online on the WiiU... People buying what, 4 games with their new system, sure some ZombieU, but also COD most likely. This is just a silly low number of online gamers for COD BO2.
moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2042
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:50 PM ( #2 )
I don't think sequels on Wii U will sell as much as new I.Ps tbh,if Nintendo wants my money they need to focus on third party exclusives, like they did back with the GC
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:51 PM ( #3 )
How is this a bad thing? Cod sucks now.

Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2079
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:52 PM ( #4 )
Why would most players who bought the WiiU "most likely" have bought CoD for it? I don't think that many players will be buying the WiiU just to play an FPS game, especially when the PS3 and X360 will both have the same title. Both only came out the last few days.

Nutsack

Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:54 PM ( #5 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

COD always sucked... Nothing different this year.

Thing is, the Wii got a watered down COD and still sold millions. WiiU gets a version that is on par with PS360, and only 600 people play online?

WHy this is a bad thing? People that try to play online can hardly find online players to play against. That is bad, gives a bad view about the interest of others to play online/MP on the WIiU's online system.
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:02 PM ( #6 )
Wii U just came out so let's give it some space to breathe. I bet many people are still updating their console with the 5GB update since not everybody has a 15-20MB connection like most of you here.
ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:06 PM ( #7 )
Nutsack

ZombieNinjaPanda

Thing is, the Wii got a watered down COD and still sold millions. WiiU gets a version that is on par with PS360, and only 600 people play online?

WHy this is a bad thing? People that try to play online can hardly find online players to play against. That is bad, gives a bad view about the interest of others to play online/MP on the WIiU's online system.

Cod was at its peak beginning decline from Cod4 - WaW. After that it started to suck. And this shows that the WiiU so far isn't filled with cod kiddies that are into maturegames4maturegamers. If the people who bought COD on the WiiU were so interested in playing online with millions of people, they would have bought it for 360/Ps3 or PC, since I doubt the WiiU is the first console for many of these people. 

You can say that it gives a bad view of online/Mp, but imo it just gives a bad view of Call of Duty, which means things are about right.

Nutsack

Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:10 PM ( #8 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Nutsack

ZombieNinjaPanda

Cod was at its peak beginning decline from Cod4 - WaW. After that it started to suck. And this shows that the WiiU so far isn't filled with cod kiddies that are into maturegames4maturegamers. If the people who bought COD on the WiiU were so interested in playing online with millions of people, they would have bought it for 360/Ps3 or PC, since I doubt the WiiU is the first console for many of these people. 

You can say that it gives a bad view of online/Mp, but imo it just gives a bad view of Call of Duty, which means things are about right.

But but but... The gamepad tablet gives new gameplay experience!
Nutsack

Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:12 PM ( #9 )
wishingW3L

Wii U just came out so let's give it some space to breathe. I bet many people are still updating their console with the 5GB update since not everybody has a 15-20MB connection like most of you here.

Maybe half of the WiiU buyers bricked it with the update as it has no brick protection...

Without joking though, this is just sad...

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:15 PM ( #10 )
Nutsack

ZombieNinjaPanda

Nutsack

ZombieNinjaPanda

But but but... The gamepad tablet gives new gameplay experience!

I really don't give two ****s about the gamepad tablet and have never once said anything to praise it. Are you grasping for straws or are you trying to make a point?

B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:52 PM ( #11 )
Nutsack

CoD 2 and 4 were actually good.  It was everything else that blowed.  Best 360 launch game was by far CoD 2, and I'd still play it online if there were people to play with.
ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:53 PM ( #12 )
B Man

Nutsack

CoD 2 and 4 were actually good.  It was everything else that blowed.  Best 360 launch game was by far CoD 2, and I'd still play it online if there were people to play with.

I can't believe the xbox 360 has been out since call of duty 2. That is a long time. Fond memories playing on Both Xbox and Ps2/PC with Cod2.  

Chard

• Total Posts : 503
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:01 PM ( #13 )
Is anyone here playing Black Ops 2 on Wii U? If there's one thing that would get me interested in that game, it would be good wiimote controls.
From what I've heard so far, the Wii U version, while supposedly running at higher resolution (native 720p?) has more framerate problems, and for some reason Treyarch have removed sensitivity settings that were present in the previous Wii COD games. The lack of reviews for this version is also a worry.
<message edited by Chard on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:04 PM>
B Man

Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:05 PM ( #14 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

B Man

Nutsack

I can't believe the xbox 360 has been out since call of duty 2. That is a long time. Fond memories playing on Both Xbox and Ps2/PC with Cod2.  

If my copy wasn't currently in storage with my other older games I'd play it right now.  Many nights I spent in my old apartment holding tournaments with my friends over system link.
-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:10 PM ( #15 )
Maybe the WiiU users know better.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Nutsack

Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:13 PM ( #16 )
B Man

Nutsack

Not so strange those were the best of the bunch, those were made by Infinity Ward. The others are made by Treyarch, that didn't make anything of importance really before COD3.

I remember COD2 SP on the 360 demopods in stores back then, for that time knowing the XBOX1/PS2 games it was a step up in visuals.

Back to today though, COD is a big thing, millions and millions sold. People wait in line when it launches. And yet, 600 people online at once, the article even showing it dropped to 154?

Saying 'people probably bought it at PS360 to play it, I thought I read so much about -future- WiiU owners that were so into versions of 3rd party games on it because of the extra gameplay added with the WiiU tablet... 
B Man

Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:26 PM ( #17 )
Well lets be honest, how many friends do you have that are buying a Wii U?  I have zero, so even if I did want one (I don't), the obvious console to buy it on would be the one my friends would buy it on so we could play together.

It's going to take at least a few months for Wii U to gain foothold enough for people to purchase online focused multi-plats on it for the above reason.
<message edited by B Man on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:28 PM>
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:21 PM ( #18 )
B Man

Well lets be honest, how many friends do you have that are buying a Wii U?  I have zero, so even if I did want one (I don't), the obvious console to buy it on would be the one my friends would buy it on so we could play together.

It's going to take at least a few months for Wii U to gain foothold enough for people to purchase online focused multi-plats on it for the above reason.

good thing I have no friends then. That way I can buy the console I want.  
dougr

• Total Posts : 25
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Friday, November 23, 2012 5:07 PM ( #19 )
As long as there are enough players to keep the servers up and a full game, I don't really care. I'm enjoying Call of Duty, but that is probably because I have skipped the last two. I'm buying a controller in a few minutes as well, so I'll finally get to play Mario with my girlfriend soon, so can't wait to check that game out as well!
ninnin7974

• Total Posts : 1
Re:COD Black Ops 2 only 600 people playing online? - Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:59 AM ( #20 )
How many people are playing online now?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread