SNES Games?

BananaEatingSquid

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
SNES Games? - Friday, November 23, 2012 10:36 AM ( #1 )
Hi, I've never posted on here before but I was hoping to get some good recommendations for SNES games. I'm looking for ones that are somewhat short but fun as well, of course :) Lol, sorry if this is in the wrong thread or something, thought this seemed about right. And thanks in advance!
MrChow666

• Total Posts : 1
Re:SNES Games? - Friday, November 23, 2012 3:35 PM ( #2 )
super castlevania, contra 3, super ghouls and ghosts, axelay, final fight, megaman x, u.n squadron, the king of dragons, knights of the round, star fox, wild guns ...so many good games
<message edited by MrChow666 on Friday, November 23, 2012 3:38 PM>
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:SNES Games? - Friday, November 23, 2012 3:57 PM ( #3 )
Aladdin. The game was made by Capcom and the platforming and graphics are terrific. 

Super Metroid

Megaman X

X-men Mutant Apocalypse

The first Power Rangers game (not the one based on the movie, that one was crap)

Battletoads is amazing and short but hard as fck.

Ninja Turtles IV

and  the ones mentioned by Chow are all really good too. And short but none of them are very easy.
caseh

• Total Posts : 316
Re:SNES Games? - Friday, November 23, 2012 5:04 PM ( #4 )
BananaEatingSquid

Hi, I've never posted on here before but I was hoping to get some good recommendations for SNES games. I'm looking for ones that are somewhat short but fun as well, of course :) Lol, sorry if this is in the wrong thread or something, thought this seemed about right. And thanks in advance!

Taekwondo is a hidden gem, its Japanese but if you figure out the menus (not that difficult) theres a single player mode, tag battles and an RPG type create a fighter mode. I still go back to it and create a new fighter every so often to see if i can take the championship without losing. :) 

<message edited by caseh on Friday, November 23, 2012 5:06 PM>

redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:SNES Games? - Friday, November 23, 2012 5:19 PM ( #5 )
wishingW3L

Some classic games you mentioned man.

Me, my bro and my cousin were obsessed with this game, it was amazing as a kid: 

Loved the sound effects. Billy looked fat as hell for some reason lol

Most people have mentioned the best short games.

This game was great and it had a catchy soundtrack:

thorstein

• Total Posts : 423
Re:SNES Games? - Friday, November 23, 2012 8:27 PM ( #6 )
  Shadowrun
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:SNES Games? - Friday, November 23, 2012 11:57 PM ( #7 )
Actraiser was a great game. Also Populus was fun.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15363
Re:SNES Games? - Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:03 AM ( #8 )
BananaEatingSquid

Pilot wings is the best on the SNES and Mario Kart is great as well on this system...
[ali
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15363
Re:SNES Games? - Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:05 AM ( #9 )
Nocturnus32

Actraiser was a great game. Also Populus was fun.

Damn those were too excellent games as well... and hey did you here that Populous is going to be revisited or re-imagined by Peter.. it is called GODUS

it is on Kickstart right now... it looks and sounds pretty good I am down with it... I like a lot of his games I was happy when he left MS I liked his games....
[ali
BananaEatingSquid

Re:SNES Games? - Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:48 AM ( #10 )
Thanks for all the awesome recommendations guys :)
Picnic

• Total Posts : 165
Re:SNES Games? - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:21 AM ( #11 )
  Donkey Kong Country wasn't massive compared to some games- although for a 16 bit platformer it's a decent size for such a beautiful game. Super Mario World might take longer than some SNES games if you try to complete all levels but otherwise it can be completed very quickly by some routes.
dedicatedtogamers

• Total Posts : 56
Re:SNES Games? - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:47 AM ( #12 )
If you like platformers, most of the licensed ones based on cartoons/movies are really good. Aladdin, Lion King, Tiny Toons, etc. They're also pretty inexpensive. Of course there's Mega Man, Donkey Kong Country, and Super Mario Bros for platformers.

Folks here have already mentioned a lot of good ones. F-Zero and Mario Kart are both really fun.

Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, and Final Fantasy are all great SNES RPGs.

Fighting games? Street Fighter and Killer Instinct, duh!

Good action games would be ActRaiser (a bit difficult to get into, but worth it), Demon's Crest, Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Castlevania, Super Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Smash TV, Zombies Ate my Neighbors, etc.

If you like shoot-em-ups, there are some really good ones. Contra, R-Type III, Super R-Type, Axelay, UN Squadron (one of the best of all time, IMO), Gradius, etc.
AuToFiRE

• Total Posts : 11538
Re:SNES Games? - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:02 AM ( #13 )
If you can find it, super mario allstars

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.
Ingram

• Total Posts : 642
Re:SNES Games? - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:04 PM ( #14 )
Super puyo puyo 2 remix, Demon's Crest, FFVI(III), Parodius 1-2-3, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Go Go Ackman, tons
Picnic

• Total Posts : 165
Re:SNES Games? - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:30 PM ( #15 )
I prefer the Megadrive on the whole though. It sold more in the UK - and in North America I believe. It was a bit like the Xbox360 of the time, being followed by a technically better console a year or so later but managing to hold its own, partly thanks to a faster processor than the SNES.

As for Aladdin, the Megadrive version has to be my favourite made partly by Disney animators. Capcom did admirably on the SNES but the more muted colour scene does not remind you as much of the surreal and larger than life parts of the film with Robin Williams as the Genie. The SNES did have some Disney games in a lighthearted way but the Megadrive ones were more classic, dark, Disney like World of Illusion and the very distinctive Quackshot.
Each to their own but I think that Nintendo themselves really stepped up a gear with the N64 despite it having odd blocky graphics technology. 
<message edited by Picnic on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:37 PM>
BananaEatingSquid

Re:SNES Games? - Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:38 PM ( #16 )
Wow, you guys are great lol... tons of games listed here. I played Aladdin and really loved it, always was a fan of the movie. In my search for games I also came across one called DoReMi Fantasy, which I played and loved. I'd never heard of it before, but it's a Japanese game developed by Hudson Soft. Anyway, thanks guys for the huge list!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread