PS4 |OT| Four Kaz

Change Page: << < ..71727374757677787980.. > >> | Showing page 71 of 106, messages 1401 to 1420 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
DaThreats

• Total Posts : 1596
  • Reward points : 0
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Sunday, June 02, 2013 1:27 PM ( #1401 )
Eiffel

DaThreats

Sony officially states that PlayStation 4 will not have DRM against used games, specifically for those they publish.

Fixed that for ya. 

Possibly less than 10% of the library being DRM-free isn't bad though. Still a better situation than Xbox One. 

Na, I say tops 2/5 of the games.

Ducky

• Total Posts : 2332
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:11 PM ( #1402 )
DaThreats

Ducky

Not really.

Its up to the publishers, and if most publishers enforce it, then the DRM situation would be same for both the PS4 and Xbone.

Stop trying to spin it, the system does not require any DRM, the games themselves from the people who make it, will decide if they require it for their servers, that's it. 

C'mon now, you're going to accuse me of spinning things while you were there pretending that the PS4 isn't going to have any DRM?
DaThreats

Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:37 PM ( #1403 )
Ducky

DaThreats

Ducky

Not really.

Its up to the publishers, and if most publishers enforce it, then the DRM situation would be same for both the PS4 and Xbone.

Stop trying to spin it, the system does not require any DRM, the games themselves from the people who make it, will decide if they require it for their servers, that's it. 

C'mon now, you're going to accuse me of spinning things while you were there pretending that the PS4 isn't going to have any DRM?

Nope, it's not the PS4, it's the Publishers who decide with their servers. Like it has been done with the Online Pass this gen.  

NeverEnding1989

• Total Posts : 666
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:12 PM ( #1404 )
DaThreats

Ducky

DaThreats

Ducky

Not really.

Nope, it's not the PS4, it's the Publishers who decide with their servers. Like it has been done with the Online Pass this gen.  

Playstation owners should be prepared to be *** ***** by EA, Activision, and Capcom then. 

Welcome to next gen:

WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10004
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:31 PM ( #1405 )
NeverEnding1989

Playstation owners should be prepared to be *** ***** by EA, Activision, and Capcom then. 

Instead of one uniform DRM, we'll get 20 types and it'll be a **** storm trying to figure out how they all work.

Hmm, we'll see how this goes. But it'll be interesting to see if MS is going to double dip on DRM. 

Pay MS to play used game, and then pay publisher separately to enable online etc. 

Atleast on the PS4, we know Sony won't be charging us.. just the publishers.

Thou they may just throw us down a well during E3 and say HA we kids, we went MS route on DRM TOO

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11767
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Sunday, June 02, 2013 4:03 PM ( #1406 )
WildArmed

NeverEnding1989

Instead of one uniform DRM, we'll get 20 types and it'll be a **** storm trying to figure out how they all work.

I see the console hacking scene increasing tenfold with decisions like this. 

Publishers will be asking for it. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Sunday, June 02, 2013 4:05 PM>

goflyakite

• Total Posts : 1439
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Monday, June 03, 2013 4:15 PM ( #1407 )

Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Monday, June 03, 2013 4:24 PM ( #1408 )
goflyakite

Whoooop you're famous. http://www.neogaf.com/for...022961&postcount=10045

hahah saw it, but I don't want to mix my GAF account with the N4G one, so I didn't respond.

TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:08 AM ( #1409 )

Oh damn. That PS4 is standing vertically, I see a DS4 under the wrap leaning at the PS4, I think I see the PSeye on the right standing up vertically too leaning against the PS4 console.

Hah eat it XBarf DVR, only horizontal bahahaha

DragonPs4

• Total Posts : 530
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:56 AM ( #1410 )
 :Q: Is the PS4 console is designed to be connected in a 'permanent' way? What I'm asking is it will need to be connected all the time? And if so, how will this affect plans for PSN? A: PlayStation 4 is not a permanent connection system in that sense, but the experience is much richer if you are connected. You will have access to digital content and the updates for your games, along with a wide range of social functions: upload videos and screenshots, see your friends play and interact with them in various ways within the games.

Game Informer:Q: GI- Rumor claims that Microsoft's console will require an always-online Internet connection to play games. In previous interviews, you've stated that that's not the case with PS4. Did you ever consider an always-online connection for the PS4, and if so, why did you decide against it? Yosp: Did we consider it? No, we didn't consider it. The main reason being that many countries don't have robust Internet connections. It makes sense for people to have Internet connections to play online games, but for offline games there are many countries that we saw do not really have robust internet.

Has Sony commented on used games other then its up to publishers? 
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8195
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:59 AM ( #1411 )
TheMART

I see a DS4 under the wrap leaning at the PS4, I think I see the PSeye on the right standing up vertically too leaning against the PS4 console.

Can't tell if you're serious.
DragonPs4

• Total Posts : 530
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:47 PM ( #1412 )
how accurate is gaf info? 

Sony disaster conference plan: - 15 minute sales/business overview/speech on NEXT GEN DNA - 15 minute multimedia showcase - 10 minutes on Infamous: Second Son Gameplay - 10 minutes on KZ: Shadow Fall gameplay - 10 minutes on Driveclub + share functionality demo - But we're not forgetting PS3! 20 minutes on God of War Ascension DLC, GT6, Beyond2souls1cup - 5 minutes on TLoU review recap - 15 minutes on Vita, the "No one gives a ****" Showcase - 3 minutes on God of War teaser - 12 minutes on Final Fantasy XIV + exclusive Lightning Returns DLC - 5 minutes boring Watch_dogs demo - 20 minutes edited to add: Destiny showcase includes Destiny inspired poetry and such - One last thing: Battlefield 4 gameplay demo this is def happening so don't even argue
<message edited by DragonPs4 on Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:49 PM>
DaThreats

Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Saturday, June 08, 2013 8:02 PM ( #1413 )
DragonPs4

Sony disaster conference plan: - 15 minute sales/business overview/speech on NEXT GEN DNA - 15 minute multimedia showcase - 10 minutes on Infamous: Second Son Gameplay - 10 minutes on KZ: Shadow Fall gameplay - 10 minutes on Driveclub + share functionality demo - But we're not forgetting PS3! 20 minutes on God of War Ascension DLC, GT6, Beyond2souls1cup - 5 minutes on TLoU review recap - 15 minutes on Vita, the "No one gives a ****" Showcase - 3 minutes on God of War teaser - 12 minutes on Final Fantasy XIV + exclusive Lightning Returns DLC - 5 minutes boring Watch_dogs demo - 20 minutes edited to add: Destiny showcase includes Destiny inspired poetry and such - One last thing: Battlefield 4 gameplay demo this is def happening so don't even argue

I'd say this is inaccurate. There are going to be more new games announced. 

moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2041
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Saturday, June 08, 2013 8:16 PM ( #1414 )
DragonPs4

That Y2Kev guy seems to be trolling, I guess we will find out in a couple of days. Take both his and Gopher's predictions with a grain of salt.
JunkieJedi

• Total Posts : 5
Oops - Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:19 AM ( #1415 )
EDIT - this was supposed to be a new thread and it all went wrong.  Message removed.  Sorry.
<message edited by JunkieJedi on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:44 AM>
The_Knight

• Total Posts : 35
PS4 cloud powered - Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:51 PM ( #1416 )
According to this article the ps4 also has cloud capabilities like the Xbox one I don't think the Xbox one has an edge on anything now.   http://n4g.com/news/12798...d-if-developers-choose
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6943
Re:PS4 cloud powered - Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:53 PM ( #1417 )
The_Knight

According to this article the ps4 also has cloud capabilities like the Xbox one I don't think the Xbox one has an edge on anything now.   http://n4g.com/news/1279824/sonys-shuhei-yoshida-says-ps4-can-offload-calculations-to-cloud-if-developers-choose

It's way ahead in how restricting it is, by miles.

Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2528
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Friday, June 14, 2013 6:39 PM ( #1418 )
Just thought I'd randomly post this

https://pbs.twimg.com/med...Bqo2CQAEGf41.jpg:large
<message edited by Mr Tretton on Friday, June 14, 2013 6:48 PM>

TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:PS4 |OT| Four Kaz - Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:44 PM ( #1419 )
"The number of developers who will be working with the PlayStation 4 has jumped exponentially, which shows just how much interest there is in Sony’s next-gen platform. According to a Sony Corporate PDF file “Since February 2013, the number of developers joining has increased from 126 to 505.”, many of these developers being Indie devs who are loving what the PlayStation 4 platform offers in comparison to the Xbox One. This is because Sony will allow indie developers to publish their games to the Playstation 4 independently unlike the Xbox One which requires indie developers to partner with a publisher before it appears on their platform.
The date of February 2013 is extremely significant due to the fact that it was the month in which the PlayStation 4 was unveiled towards the media and the public for the first time."
http://coinpixels.com/nex...jumped-a-crazy-amount/

Bammmmmm eat it Microshaft!

PositiveEmotions

• Total Posts : 50
PS4 sold out? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:04 PM ( #1420 )
Well i know their sold out but what i want to know is if stores will get more ps4 consoles because i want to pre order mine next month or aug.
Change Page: << < ..71727374757677787980.. > >> | Showing page 71 of 106, messages 1401 to 1420 of 2111 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 6 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread